PDA

View Full Version : I'm just going to answer it all in one post.

Hervoyel
09-15-2006, 09:14 AM
I look at the posts on the front page and honestly I don't want to read all of this. Instead I'm just going to answer all of their titles and be done with it.

Mario is a Bust!: No he’s not. What kind of a world do we live in where a man can play one professional game and his career is dismissed on the basis of that alone?

Epiphany about Gado: I think it’s cool that probably only one of the words in this thread title makes sense to some people. I can’t explain that but it’s what I think.

Texans still have questions at guard: I should think so. The Texans still have questions at a lot of positions.

Weekly Poll: Game vs. Indianapolis: I was unaware that Indianapolis was playing “Game” this week. I thought they were hosting us at home. Who do we play now?

Texans ONLY 0-8 Johnny Mac: Did I miss 7 games? If I did I’m going to be really mad and those chores took a lot longer than my wife said they would. Actually I take that back. If I missed the first 8 games I’m just going to check the standings to catch up and then watch the last 8 games. They’ll probably be better than the first 8 anyway.

Hey Mario! Who’s your Daddy?: What? Say this to him. I dare you. I double dare you. Walk up to Mario Williams and say “Who’s your Daddy?” While you’re at it ask him how come he can’t play like Reggie Bush.

Reasons the Texans will win in Indianapolis this Sunday: This should be the shortest thread in the known universe but it isn’t. The only reason the Texans win this game is if all the laws of physics and football get thrown out the window like they did in 2002 against the Steelers. Otherwise I just don’t see it happening. I admit however that the Texans are giving off that “they’re due” vibe. It’s just a false alarm this week.

How long before Gado is starting?: I had an epiphany (I like that word and I'm going to use it more often) and I don’t think he gets a start anytime soon. I think Ron Dayne will be effective in this system and the two of them will split carries.

Worst move yet?: You should ask for the Texans best move to date instead. You would be more likely to get a consensus and it wouldn’t take as long for people to go through them and pick one.

Mario: Do you really want to read it?: Not really, no. When are Texans fans going to stop searching the media for things to get offended about? When are “Houston” sports fans going to get over this never ending whine they have going about the rest of the universe not giving “us” our “respect”? Every single time I read a “Look what they’re saying about us now….” thread I think to myself “He doesn’t get it”. Every time I see someone bring up Sports Illustrated and the Rockets championship in 1994 I think “Please god make them shut up!”. This may come as news to some of you but we don’t need respect from the national media. We don’t need “our props”. That’s some stuff that makes your team weak when they start believing it. When you whine about not getting it then you look weak.

Leave Mario @ DE!!: Yeah, I agree with that.

Rookies can’t live with them can’t live without them: It’s worth it if everyone will just give them a month or two to get used to the NFL. Oddly enough we say that about new posters some times too.

Preview of the Indianapolis Colts: No thanks, I already know what they look like. I’ll watch the game and as always hope for the win but there’s no sense finding out how this is going to be in advance. It will be bad enough when it gets here.

Injury Updates: Appreciate that. They don't mean anything but I appreciate it. Actually see the last thread at the bottom of this post for my thoughts on this.

Great Column by John McClain: Did I read that correctly? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocolypse? I hope John sees this.

DeMeco Ryans is a monster: Yes he is and he’s only going to get better. That’s a motor. If just one guy on our defensive line had a motor like that we'd have sacked McNabb a couple of times last week. I hope Williams develops one (TJ too, what the hell as long as I'm dreaming I should dream big) but you would think he'd have done so by now if it was going to happen.

Trade: Samkon Gado for Vernand Morency: 19 pages on this with 370 responses and 9,764 views (at this point in time) means there’s a lot of interest here for a pair of backup running backs. I really thought Morency did well in preseason. I hope this doesn’t come back on us and make us look like fools. (If you’re about to respond that we already look like fools for passing up Reggie Bush then keep in mind that it’s going to land you on my ignore list forever).

I officially hate the Texans!!!: I guess we all knew he was serious when he put that third exclamation point on the end. That’s really the point of no return. I hate posts like this because they’re worthless drivel that add nothing to the board. They should be deleted but then that always leads to cries of censorship from the people we’d all love to see censored (admit it). Sometimes you just have to leave things like this alone.

610am: Ron Dayne will see a “ton” of action vs Colts Sunday: I bet he will and I bet he sees more the week after that. Wali Lundy has served his purpose. He made the team and gave us a great “feel good” human interest story. Now he takes a back seat to Dayne and Gado who know how to play at this level. Do we have the best backs in the world? No way. We can work with this though.

Dungy taking a page from the NE playbook already: Who here hasn’t learned that if they appear on our injury report then they’re really hurt and we could have used their help BUT if they appear on our opponents injury report then we can expect them to have a career day? Also never trust a team starting a backup QB in a playoff game. I learned that during my Oiler days.

Malloy
09-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Arh, this is mostly how I feel when I log onto the boards in the morning. Only difference, I usually shake my head in disbelief whereas you actually take the time to write all of this.

So Herv, how do you really feel about Reggie B... uhm.. never mind ;)

Good weekend y'all! :)

Texan Asylum
09-15-2006, 09:34 AM
Yea, I find it real hard to get anything "Positive" through ALL this "Negativity"...

But, such as it is...

jdog
09-15-2006, 09:35 AM
I think my one post reply would be, "I can't wait until Sunday!"

FirstTexansFan
09-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Hervoyel For President! :)

Double Barrel
09-15-2006, 09:40 AM
Sticky this bad boy! :howdy:

Well said, Herv. This should be mandatory reading for all forum newbs...perhaps seasoned vets, too.

jdog
09-15-2006, 09:44 AM
If we stuck to threads and posts that were substantial and smart, well, we wouldn't have a message board.

Honoring Earl 34
09-15-2006, 09:48 AM
This is not an assignment ... we don't have to some up all the threads do we ?:wild:

Houston_Fanatic
09-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Great post, Herv.

We may get stomped, we may pull an upset - that is the thrill of the game.

All I care about is getting to see our guys play on Sunday !!!!!!

I HATE OFF-SEASON!

GO TEXANS!!!!

:yahoo:

Hervoyel
09-15-2006, 10:06 AM
]']Herv for mayor. President is too much!

I think we will represent well in indy this Sunday. Defense has to show up!

True that. Anyone who has read anything I've posted in the No Spin Zone would know better than to make me President.

TEXANS84
09-15-2006, 10:35 AM
Sticky this bad boy! :howdy:

Well said, Herv. This should be mandatory reading for all forum newbs...perhaps seasoned vets, too.

Here, here. Great post Herv and ditto DB's comments.

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 10:40 AM
Awesome post Herv. Kind of a State of the Union address to the Texans board.

I'd like to see this every week.

TexansLucky13
09-15-2006, 10:41 AM
Hey Mario! Who’s your Daddy?: What? Say this to him. I dare you. I double dare you. Walk up to Mario Williams and say “Who’s your Daddy?” While you’re at it ask him how come he can’t play like Reggie Bush.

I would love for a lot of these people to do that, personally. Seeing him at training camp, I was scared just being in the crowd. He is a monster. :fireball:

TEXANRED
09-15-2006, 10:49 AM
O good job Herv, you just killed every thread on the board.

Now what do we talk about?

so................

Anyone here want a chocolate pretzel?

Sportsfan
09-15-2006, 10:53 AM
Arh, this is mostly how I feel when I log onto the boards in the morning. Only difference, I usually shake my head in disbelief whereas you actually take the time to write all of this.

Yep. Same here dude.

HOU-TEX
09-15-2006, 10:55 AM
O good job Herv, you just killed every thread on the board.

Now what do we talk about?

so................

Anyone here want a chocolate pretzel?

Gawd! That sounds nasty. Do they actually sell those?

jerek
09-15-2006, 11:38 AM
At the risk of being cliche:

Best. Post. Ever.

Grid
09-15-2006, 11:47 AM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Hervoyel again.

Great post Herv.

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 12:19 PM
& I only thought I was wasting my time with the other threads....

Porky
09-15-2006, 01:44 PM
Awesome post! It's like going to Wal-mart and dumping everything I need into my cart, instead of having to go to 5 different stores. I will forever more call this thread the five and dime thread. I think a little more highly of Gado than you do, but in general, you are spot on as usual.

Oh, and I will take one of those pretzels please. Yummy. :bananasplit:

Divebomb
09-15-2006, 03:42 PM
So this is going to be your final post on the message board Herv, or do we get to wait another week and you can create another "My Opinion" thread about all of the topics being discussed. You could just remark in the original thread like the rest of the world.

Hervoyel
09-15-2006, 03:53 PM
Yeah I guess I could do that. As a matter of fact I did do that. I posted in a few of the threads I listed above before I ever wrote this post. I just logged in this morning, looked at this list of threads and thought "I'm not in the mood to go through all of this today" so I posted this. If people think it's worth reading then I hope they enjoy it and if they don't then I expect it will fall off of the front page quickly.

If the rest of the world feels like remarking on the entire front page instead of going through it thread by thread then they're welcome to do that too.

I may do this again or I may never do it again. I don't really plan things out like that very often. For a while there in the preseason I was doing that "Texans vs __________: First Impressions" thread because that's what I wanted to read and I figured if anyone else felt that way then they would enjoy a thread like that. I noticed that when I went to the game last week someone else made a thread like that so obviously it was worthwhile. If this one struck someone as being worth the trouble we'll probably see more of them.

texan279
09-15-2006, 05:21 PM
I look at the posts on the front page and honestly I don't want to read all of this. Instead I'm just going to answer all of their titles and be done with it.

Mario is a Bust!: No he’s not. What kind of a world do we live in where a man can play one professional game and his career is dismissed on the basis of that alone?

Epiphany about Gado: I think it’s cool that probably only one of the words in this thread title makes sense to some people. I can’t explain that but it’s what I think.

Texans still have questions at guard: I should think so. The Texans still have questions at a lot of positions.

Weekly Poll: Game vs. Indianapolis: I was unaware that Indianapolis was playing “Game” this week. I thought they were hosting us at home. Who do we play now?

Texans ONLY 0-8 Johnny Mac: Did I miss 7 games? If I did I’m going to be really mad and those chores took a lot longer than my wife said they would. Actually I take that back. If I missed the first 8 games I’m just going to check the standings to catch up and then watch the last 8 games. They’ll probably be better than the first 8 anyway.

Reasons the Texans will win in Indianapolis this Sunday: This should be the shortest thread in the known universe but it isn’t. The only reason the Texans win this game is if all the laws of physics and football get thrown out the window like they did in 2002 against the Steelers. Otherwise I just don’t see it happening. I admit however that the Texans are giving off that “they’re due” vibe. It’s just a false alarm this week.

How long before Gado is starting?: I had an epiphany (I like that word and I'm going to use it more often) and I don’t think he gets a start anytime soon. I think Ron Dayne will be effective in this system and the two of them will split carries.

Worst move yet?: You should ask for the Texans best move to date instead. You would be more likely to get a consensus and it wouldn’t take as long for people to go through them and pick one.

Mario: Do you really want to read it?: Not really, no. When are Texans fans going to stop searching the media for things to get offended about? When are “Houston” sports fans going to get over this never ending whine they have going about the rest of the universe not giving “us” our “respect”? Every single time I read a “Look what they’re saying about us now….” thread I think to myself “He doesn’t get it”. Every time I see someone bring up Sports Illustrated and the Rockets championship in 1994 I think “Please god make them shut up!”. This may come as news to some of you but we don’t need respect from the national media. We don’t need “our props”. That’s some stuff that makes your team weak when they start believing it. When you whine about not getting it then you look weak.

Leave Mario @ DE!!: Yeah, I agree with that.

Rookies can’t live with them can’t live without them: It’s worth it if everyone will just give them a month or two to get used to the NFL. Oddly enough we say that about new posters some times too.

Preview of the Indianapolis Colts: No thanks, I already know what they look like. I’ll watch the game and as always hope for the win but there’s no sense finding out how this is going to be in advance. It will be bad enough when it gets here.

Injury Updates: Appreciate that. They don't mean anything but I appreciate it. Actually see the last thread at the bottom of this post for my thoughts on this.

Great Column by John McClain: Did I read that correctly? Isn't that one of the signs of the apocolypse? I hope John sees this.

DeMeco Ryans is a monster: Yes he is and he’s only going to get better. That’s a motor. If just one guy on our defensive line had a motor like that we'd have sacked McNabb a couple of times last week. I hope Williams develops one (TJ too, what the hell as long as I'm dreaming I should dream big) but you would think he'd have done so by now if it was going to happen.

Trade: Samkon Gado for Vernand Morency: 19 pages on this with 370 responses and 9,764 views (at this point in time) means there’s a lot of interest here for a pair of backup running backs. I really thought Morency did well in preseason. I hope this doesn’t come back on us and make us look like fools. (If you’re about to respond that we already look like fools for passing up Reggie Bush then keep in mind that it’s going to land you on my ignore list forever).

I officially hate the Texans!!!: I guess we all knew he was serious when he put that third exclamation point on the end. That’s really the point of no return. I hate posts like this because they’re worthless drivel that add nothing to the board. They should be deleted but then that always leads to cries of censorship from the people we’d all love to see censored (admit it). Sometimes you just have to leave things like this alone.

610am: Ron Dayne will see a “ton” of action vs Colts Sunday: I bet he will and I bet he sees more the week after that. Wali Lundy has served his purpose. He made the team and gave us a great “feel good” human interest story. Now he takes a back seat to Dayne and Gado who know how to play at this level. Do we have the best backs in the world? No way. We can work with this though.

Dungy taking a page from the NE playbook already: Who here hasn’t learned that if they appear on our injury report then they’re really hurt and we could have used their help BUT if they appear on our opponents injury report then we can expect them to have a career day? Also never trust a team starting a backup QB in a playoff game. I learned that during my Oiler days.

Only reason I posted that was becuase it had Flanagan listed with a groin injury and I and several others hadn't heard anything about it.

Hervoyel
09-15-2006, 06:27 PM
Only reason I posted that was becuase it had Flanagan listed with a groin injury and I and several others hadn't heard anything about it.

And it was a good post so don't get me wrong here. I wasn't dogging you or anyone else who posted good information (though I stand by what I said at the bottom about injury reports. Ours always seem real and unless they are listed as "out" nobody elses seem to make a difference). I was just being lazy and thought I'll list each thread name and write whatever comes to mind about it.

The "Mario is a BUST!" guy and the "I Officially Hate The Texans!!!" guy I was dogging. I'm still dogging them because those were worthless posts. They get their voice just like everybody else but it doesn't change the fact that those threads are just totally stupid.

texan279
09-15-2006, 10:57 PM
And it was a good post so don't get me wrong here. I wasn't dogging you or anyone else who posted good information (though I stand by what I said at the bottom about injury reports. Ours always seem real and unless they are listed as "out" nobody elses seem to make a difference). I was just being lazy and thought I'll list each thread name and write whatever comes to mind about it.

The "Mario is a BUST!" guy and the "I Officially Hate The Texans!!!" guy I was dogging. I'm still dogging them because those were worthless posts. They get their voice just like everybody else but it doesn't change the fact that those threads are just totally stupid.

My apologies Herv, I totally misunderstood your post, today has been one looooooooong day. :yawn: By the way, your original post was spot on.

brewhaus
09-16-2006, 07:29 AM
Calm down dude.

Hey Mario! Who’s your Daddy?: Was a lead in for the way Pete King trashed Mario and the Texans in a game summary on SI.

"Reading is FUNdamental" :texflag:

J-Storm
09-16-2006, 08:29 AM
Anyone who even remotely feels the need to tell Hervoyel to 'calm down Dude' about his thread in response to all the negativity being shown on these boards as he said, REALLY NEEDS to take their own advice. About time someone on here said what they felt in relation to some unwanted and un-needed threads...

I'd rather read 1 post like this a week rather than the 10's and 20's of threads that bring what seems like a depression to the feel of this team and it's boards...

Hope you keep it up even if only once a month Herv, after a long hard week and slow start to the weekend, that certainly was a good pick up for myself and a lot of others I'm sure :bananasplit:

P.S. That wasn't a dig at you btw Brew in the opening, just a generalisation at the weirder posters like Herv mentioned (the Hate Texans guy and Mario Bust guy)...!

Hervoyel
09-16-2006, 08:37 AM
Calm down dude.

Hey Mario! Who’s your Daddy?: Was a lead in for the way Pete King trashed Mario and the Texans in a game summary on SI.

"Reading is FUNdamental" :texflag:

From post #26 in this thread (but it also applies to you and almost everything else in my original post)

I was just being lazy and thought "I'll list each thread name and write whatever comes to mind about it".

Buffi2
09-16-2006, 08:44 AM
I'd rather read 1 post like this a week rather than the 10's and 20's of threads that bring what seems like a depression to the feel of this team and it's boards...

Exxxactly!texanpride I concur - Keep up the great posts, Herv! You are a shining :lightbulb: on the board.