PDA

View Full Version : Rookies can't live with them can't live without them

jmlockett
09-14-2006, 11:33 PM
I would like to start by saying that I am sorry if I am going to tick anyone off its not intended.

In all fairness we have to admit that we have a very young team. We all know that this is Carr's 4th year or so. I am not his greatest fan, but I am fair. He really hasn't had the greatest coaches or mentors to help him, until now. He as of wed. was rated in the top three QBs by stats in the NFL. In fact the first time he ever had a 3 digit qb rating I think. As for the rookies well they are a needed thing. I would like to think that we are doing the right thing by having so many of them. It would be better in the long run for us as long as they are coached right. Yes this means that we have to be patient. I really could care less if we had a losing season. Because I know that these green behind the ears youngsters could and probably will surprise all of us. Its on us as the fan base to realize what is actually happening on our team. The powers that be listened to us and rebuilt it from the ground up. It will take some time to mature. As for going out and raising hell if they win you bet your butt I will be there in the thick of it. If they loose, well you don't loose the war by loosing the battle.
:fans:

infantrycak
09-14-2006, 11:44 PM
He as of wed. was rated in the top three QBs by stats in the NFL.

He was 5th in passer rating. A stat of great debate.

In fact the first time he ever had a 3 digit qb rating I think.

9th time.

jmlockett
09-14-2006, 11:50 PM
He was 5th in passer rating. A stat of great debate.

9th time.

I stand corrected and thanks for pointing it out.

Why such a great debate if the math fits then the math fits.

infantrycak
09-15-2006, 12:01 AM
Why such a great debate if the math fits then the math fits.

Whether the QB rating system truly reflects good QB play is the debate. I see both sides and there is no winner. Folks will rightly point to clutch passes made for critical 1st downs not counting more than passes in trash time. The system will overinflate for a 2 yd dump pass which gets taken 80 yds for a TD. It doesn't account for a WR mistake in not coming back to a ball resulting in an INT. IMO it isn't a bad reference point over several games--just saying some folks will debate for 20 pages of thread whether or not it means anything.

run-david-run
09-15-2006, 01:06 AM
Whether the QB rating system truly reflects good QB play is the debate. I see both sides and there is no winner. Folks will rightly point to clutch passes made for critical 1st downs not counting more than passes in trash time. The system will overinflate for a 2 yd dump pass which gets taken 80 yds for a TD. It doesn't account for a WR mistake in not coming back to a ball resulting in an INT. IMO it isn't a bad reference point over several games--just saying some folks will debate for 20 pages of thread whether or not it means anything.
The solution?

Watch the game!:francis:

edo783
09-15-2006, 01:18 AM
The solution?

Watch the game!:francis:

Even that doesn't work. People only see what affirms their preconcieved expectations. Very hard for anyone to be totaly detached when watching a team they back/follow.

infantrycak
09-15-2006, 09:41 AM
Even that doesn't work. People only see what affirms their preconcieved expectations. Very hard for anyone to be totaly detached when watching a team they back/follow.

Exactly. A smart mix has to be used. Watch the games and form impressions and then cross check them against other information.