PDA

View Full Version : Bush stumbles.......- Bush, family received cash and gifts

ESAD2-14
09-14-2006, 08:59 PM
Do not know if this is the right board or if it has been posted elswhere, I looked did not see any where on the boards that has mentioned it yet....

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bushprobe&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

there is the link, if it does not work forgive me, I am not the most computer literate person. If not just go to yahoo! that is where I found it.

Gonna be interesting to see what becomes of this though.

Texian
09-14-2006, 09:00 PM
Exclusive: Bush, family received cash and gifts

Bush is under a cloud of suspicion. (AP) Reggie Bush and his family allegedly received more than $100,000 in cash and gifts while he was at USC. Yahoo! Sports Exclusive

http://sports.yahoo.com/

prostock101
09-14-2006, 09:40 PM
Who would you rather have on your team? A standup guy like Mario or a cheat and a liar like Reggie Bush. Bush and his family took the money and now he'll probably lose his Heisman and USC will have to forfeit the 2004 National Championship. What a joke he's turned out to be. He screwed his teammates and USC for a few lousy bucks. I'm glad he's not here.

Grid
09-14-2006, 09:41 PM
this thread is a trainwreck waiting to happen.

TexansJunkE
09-14-2006, 09:42 PM
If and it does look like he is, does this mean Vince has won the Heisman Trophy? I hope so, should have won it anyway. :drool:

Mike Kerns
09-14-2006, 09:44 PM
if mario doesn't produce is he a cheat for taking bob mcnair's cheddar?

Boo-Yah!!!

Grid
09-14-2006, 09:46 PM
if mario doesn't produce is he a cheat for taking bob mcnair's cheddar?

choo choo! :yawn:

:deadhorse :locked:

Brandon420tx
09-14-2006, 09:47 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=28219

Merge into the right section please.

Brandon420tx
09-14-2006, 09:56 PM
http://www.houstontexans.com/fan_zone/messageboards/showthread.php?t=28219

Merge into the right section please.
Thank you.

prostock101
09-14-2006, 10:00 PM
Yahooooooooooooooooooo! Sports reports that Reggie "I took the money and cheated my teammates out of a National Championship" Bush and his family took mucho bucks from sports agents and now faces the possibility of losing his Heisman and USC may forfeit their 2004 Championship. Me thinks we got the better man with Mario.....

Brandon420tx
09-14-2006, 10:01 PM
Yahooooooooooooooooooo! Sports reports that Reggie "I took the money and cheated my teammates out of a National Championship" Bush and his family took mucho bucks from sports agents and now faces the possibility of losing his Heisman and USC may forfeit their 2004 Championship. Me thinks we got the better man with Mario.....

This is the second thread that you have made on this issue IN THE WRONG SECTION of the forums. Seriously, people (on this forum) don't care about the Reggie vs. Mario debate as much as you think they do.

Edit: I like your avatar though.

prostock101
09-14-2006, 10:07 PM
I've seen post on top of post here about Mario vs Bush. I'm new here and not aware of the posting procedures.

Brandon420tx
09-14-2006, 10:09 PM
If it pertains directly to the team (Texans), put it in the Bullpen section, if its the NFL in general, put it in the NFL section, about college football? theres a college football section, theres also a section dedicated for fantasy football, tailgating an No Sports Talk allowed, just fyi.

Edit: and I'm an avid believe of all post Reggie Bush belong in the NFL/Fantasy/or College sections, as he is NOT a Houston Texan... niether is Vince Young for that matter.

prostock101
09-14-2006, 10:11 PM
Gracias.......

Brandon420tx
09-14-2006, 10:12 PM
Gracias.......
De nada.

AustinJB
09-14-2006, 10:19 PM
Exclusive: Bush, family received cash and gifts

Bush is under a cloud of suspicion. (AP) Reggie Bush and his family allegedly received more than $100,000 in cash and gifts while he was at USC. Yahoo! Sports Exclusive

http://sports.yahoo.com/

Man!! The Texans FO is so stupid for not picking this stand-up, class-act guy!! What were they thinking?!

Just goes to show you that you shouldn't judge too critically until you know the full story. Okay, that's my :twocents: I'm getting out of this thread before it gets really ugly.

Wolf
09-14-2006, 10:43 PM
honestly... at this point in time, it doesn't matter.. Bush is making more in the NFL and in endorsements that it isn't going to hurt him..

or his family

FILO_girl
09-14-2006, 11:07 PM
Don't mind me, just sittin' here waiting for the inevitable....

:D

Anyone need anything while I'm up? Beer? Soda? Antacid? :fridge:

prostock101
09-14-2006, 11:27 PM
Sure, Bush has his millions and his family won't suffer, but what about his teammates who busted their butts to win a national championship and have it taken away just because of his selfishness and greed. All their hard work and dedication will be tainted forever by his actions.

Wolf
09-14-2006, 11:38 PM
Sure, Bush has his millions and his family won't suffer, but what about his teammates who busted their butts to win a national championship and have it taken away just because of his selfishness and greed. All their hard work and dedication will be tainted forever by his actions.

I agree witht that but what is anyone going to do to change the past?

Koolaid Time
09-15-2006, 01:28 AM

Hey, I said that Reggie had "character flaws" back from his USC days.. and that along withthe his allegedly unethical agents.. cost him the #1 pick...

Bob McNair might have a losing team on the W-L catagory... but he will NEVER have a "losing team" when it comes to allegedly unethical and "corrupt" players..

Adios Reggie! You deserve it!

edo783
09-15-2006, 03:13 AM
And in the background as the actual provider of the funds to EA Sports is Lloyd Landis, a well known gangster in Southern Cal. who went to jail a couple of months ago on an unrelated charge and is the financial backer of EA Sports. IMO, this is the issue McNair, Kubiak and Casserly found out on the Tuesday befor the draft and then dropped Bush like a hot potato the next day and went after Mario. Check the San Diego paper, it had a couple of articals about it. Also reported on Collin Cowherd's program.

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 08:13 AM
link (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bu****imeline&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)

The timeline. It's a little easier to read than the actual article.

April 26, 2006: Bush calls Casserly but declines to discuss specifics of his parents' living arrangements. He tells Casserly that "it will be taken care of in a couple of days."

April 28, 2006: ESPN reports that Bush's attorney, Cornwell, has turned over evidence of an extortion plot against his client by New Era Sports representatives to NFL Security and the league's Players Association. The NFL issues a memo to teams in which Bush denies any knowledge of his parents' financial ties to New Era Sports. Later that day, the Texans pass on Bush with the No. 1 overall pick in the draft. A source with the team says Bush's reluctance to discuss specifics of his parents' living arrangements played a part in the Texans' decision to bypass him.

real
09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
Ya'll need to stop it....

texan279
09-15-2006, 08:26 AM

Stop what?

real
09-15-2006, 08:27 AM
Stop what?

the madness...

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 08:28 AM

Stop talking about an NFL story in the NFL forum?

texan279
09-15-2006, 08:29 AM
the madness...

You mean we can't talk about Bush in a negative light?

infantrycak
09-15-2006, 08:33 AM

So what is the rule, Bush can only be mentioned in unadulterated praise? The dude is in the news constantly--the media is doing their best to keep him a national figure. He is going to get discussed.

PS--it's y'all. :cool:

nunusguy
09-15-2006, 08:33 AM
At this time, most everybody is picking up on the expanding story except
ESPN, which has of course been the biggest Bush benefactor in the media.
Why is this ? I suspect ESPN or its parent ABC or ABCs parent company
Disney has something less than an "arms length" relationship with Bush when
it comes to business. In other words, they like Reggie news if its good, but this kind of news is not good for business (theirs with Bush).

texan279
09-15-2006, 08:35 AM
it comes to business. In other words, they like Reggie news if its good, but this kind of news is not good for business (theirs with Bush).

Yeah I am sitting here listening to Mike and Mike and they mentioned the story a few minutes ago and said "Yahoo Sports is reporting Reggie Bush..."

real
09-15-2006, 08:42 AM
So what is the rule, Bush can only be mentioned in unadulterated praise? The dude is in the news constantly--the media is doing their best to keep him a national figure. He is going to get discussed.
You mean we can't talk about Bush in a negative light?
Stop talking about an NFL story in the NFL forum?

This is what Im reffering to....

Yahooooooooooooooooooo! Sports reports that Reggie "I took the money and cheated my teammates.... Me thinks we got the better man with Mario.....

It's all fine and dandy to talk bad about any player, when said player does something wrong.....But constantly trying to find ways to make Mario seem better is ridiculous...and to cheer, and be gleeful because of someones shortcomings is plain ridiculous...If you are talking about Bush then talk about Bush...what on earth does this have to do with Mario ?

real
09-15-2006, 08:43 AM

I agree with that...

texan279
09-15-2006, 08:51 AM
This is what Im reffering to....

It's all fine and dandy to talk bad about any player, when said player does something wrong.....But constantly trying to find ways to make Mario seem better is ridiculous...and to cheer, and be gleeful because of someones shortcomings is plain ridiculous...If you are talking about Bush then talk about Bush...what on earth does this have to do with Mario ?

Shortcomings? If the allegations are true I'd call his problems more than shortcomings since he knowingly broke NCAA rules and I would love to see the guy go down if he and his family did break the rules even though more than likely nothing would happen to the guy.

If the NCAA rules that Bush received extra benefits during his playing career at USC, he could be ruled retroactively ineligible. Since some of the benefits date back to the 2004 season, the Trojans' national championship that season could be rescinded. USC could face further NCAA sanctions and Bush's 2005 Heisman Trophy could be in jeopardy. The Heisman ballot indicates that an athlete must meet NCAA eligibility requirements to be considered for college football's most prestigious award.

real
09-15-2006, 08:55 AM
Shortcomings? If the allegations are true I'd call his problems more than shortcomings since he knowingly broke NCAA rules and I would love to see the guy go down if he and his family did break the rules even though more than likely nothing would happen to the guy.

I find it Ironic how many people want to "crucify" Bush for this....for breaking NCAA rules...There is obviously some hatred for him in the air, because if you all were just upset because he "broke the rules"......there would have been the same reaction to Bomar and his OL buddy...LOL...just be honest...You all don't like Bush, and any way that you can see him take a hit..on the field or in real life..you relish and enjoy it...thats the madness that needs to stop...How many of you have never done something illegal???...besides the point but you catch my drift

infantrycak
09-15-2006, 08:57 AM

I agree there is no reason to inject one into a discussion of the other.

I don't see why breaking NCAA rules should be off limits or a non-issue for discussion.

The other point you miss is some comments are aimed at the media not Bush. I can observe that total yards is a made up BS stat and it is a slam at the media not at Bush. I can point out Bush's 18 yd long run of the weekend has been shown a thousand times and I have yet to see Maroney's 27 yd run as a highlight or Mike Bell's 36 yarder or Norwood's 16 yarder. That is not a slam of Bush's performance but of the media.

nunusguy
09-15-2006, 08:58 AM
But I suppose its naive of me to expect ESPN to be objective in their reporting, afterall ESPN literally includes the word "Entertainment", which is
what they are all about, not journalism.
And the more I think of the Saints drafting Bush, the more fitting that seems.
NOLA and the whole state of Louisiana is and has always had a very corrupt history. The 2 just go together so Bush playing over there is just a continuation of the whole pattern.

texan279
09-15-2006, 08:59 AM
I find it Ironic how many people want to "crucify" Bush for this....for breaking NCAA rules...There is obviously some hatred for him in the air, because if it you all were just upset because he "broke the rules"...there would have been the same reaction to Bomar and his OL buddy...LOL...just be honest...You all don't like Bush, and any way that you can see him take a hit..on the field or in real life..you relish and enjoy it...thats the madness that needs to stop...

I'll tell you straight up I do not like the guy, I never have, I was one of the few who was against drafting him months before the draft, go back and check my posts, but just because I don't like the guy and I'll tell anyone straight up that is not madness, it's not like I wish death or physical harm on the guy.

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 09:00 AM

nah...... what's ridiculous, is you trying to take up for him.

We said(for the most part) 150 yards (any way you slice it) is not a big deal in Clevland.....

I've said, 2 tackles, 1 assist is pretty good for a rookie against Philly

Most here have stated in their Opinion, that Mario didn't impact Sunday's game.

If you really want to help us out, when folks come here with their, "haha, Reggie got 150 yards", crap, you tell them, "Stop the madness"

Because all these people you are talking to, are referring to the stuff they are hearing on the Radio, on TV, and on our own message board.

Reggie & his business practices were brought up before the draft, and rumored to be one of the reasons Reggie might not be a Texan.

This is all fair game.

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 09:01 AM
I'll tell you straight up I do not like the guy, I never have, I was one of the few who was against drafting him months before the draft, go back and check my posts, but just because I don't like the guy and I'll tell anyone straight up that is not madness, it's not like I wish death or physical harm on the guy.

Oh you SDMF you.......

real
09-15-2006, 09:01 AM
I would love to see the guy go down if he and his family did break the rules even though more than likely nothing would happen to the guy.

Would you love it as much if Rhett Bomar and his family went down?? or would you enjoy it a little more seeing Bush go down???

texan279
09-15-2006, 09:03 AM
Would you love it as much if Rhett Bomar and his family went down?? or would you enjoy it a little more seeing Bush go down???

Truth is I love to see anyone go down who breaks rules or the law, not one person more than any other.

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 09:03 AM
I find it Ironic how many people want to "crucify" Bush for this....for breaking NCAA rules...There is obviously some hatred for him in the air, because if you all were just upset because he "broke the rules"......there would have been the same reaction to Bomar and his OL buddy...LOL...just be honest...You all don't like Bush, and any way that you can see him take a hit..on the field or in real life..you relish and enjoy it...thats the madness that needs to stop...How many of you have never done something illegal???...besides the point but you catch my drift

There's lyrics for an old song that say
"Please don't put your life in the hands of a rock'n'roll band
Who'll throw it all away"

The same can be said for football players.

real
09-15-2006, 09:05 AM
If you really want to help us out, when folks come here with their, "haha, Reggie got 150 yards", crap, you tell them, "Stop the madness"

Kyss I would go back and find specific quotes, on where I have done that...but I don't feel the need to....What happens more on this board ?? Reggie Bashing or Reggie Praise?? I understand why the bashing over rules the praise, but it seems like you don't understand why you see me taking up for him more than bringing people down off their "reggie high"...

real
09-15-2006, 09:06 AM
Oh you SDMF you.......

lol...what is that all about ?

real
09-15-2006, 09:08 AM
Truth is I love to see anyone go down who breaks rules or the law, not one person more than any other.

Me thinks not...

I'll tell you straight up I do not like the guy, I never have ...

real
09-15-2006, 09:10 AM
it's not like I wish death or physical harm on the guy.

that's always a plus...

texan279
09-15-2006, 09:11 AM
Me thinks not...

I think so, just becuase I didn't like the guy before doesn't mean a thing, just coincidence.

real
09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I think so, just becuase I didn't like the guy before doesn't mean a thing, just coincidence.

what...ever....:rolleyes:

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 09:16 AM
Your average Texan fan doesn't like it when trolls come in and sing Bush's praises while bashing Mario Williams. Mario got signed on April 28th. We've been over it. It pisses us off that people won't let it go.

You can't blame people around here for not liking Bush when somebody new comes in everyday swinging on his jock...when every single thread turns into Bush vs. Mario.

How much did he sign for? Was it 54 million? He'll get over it.

edo783
09-15-2006, 09:20 AM
A lot of the hostility towards Bush stems from the Nat. Championship game and the UT crowd really not liking the spotlight Bush got and the Heisman that they thought should have been their guy's VY. The other componet is that we, Texans, are contantly being bioch slapped by the press for making what they think was a stupid decision. Any item that puts Bush in any sort of negative light is seen as a positive and an affermation by deduction of the choice of Mario. So, there is some glee when it comes out that Bush isn't the solid gold god that some want to paint him to be.

real
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
You can't blame people around here for not liking Bush when somebody new comes in everyday swinging on his jock...when every single thread turns into Bush vs. Mario.

Honestly I see more of the opposite...people bringing up Bush's name in a negative light...There used to be a lot of people praising Bush on the board, but I honestly don't see it as much as I see posters bashing or saying something negative...JMO....Thats what I don't care for...I think it just makes you look silly...

nunusguy
09-15-2006, 09:39 AM
A lot of the hostility towards Bush stems from the Nat. Championship game and the UT crowd really not liking the spotlight Bush got and the Heisman that they thought should have been their guy's VY. The other componet is that we, Texans, are contantly being bioch slapped by the press for making what they think was a stupid decision. Any item that puts Bush in any sort of negative light is seen as a positive and an affermation by deduction of the choice of Mario. So, there is some glee when it comes out that Bush isn't the solid gold god that some want to paint him to be.
Well said Edo. And VY was ripped off for the Heisman.
BTW, I wasn't for drafting Vince, but after watching the Texas-OSU game, I
now realize how great he was in college and truly extradordiany he was last
year in the Ohio State and USC victories. The Longhorns were lost without
him.
Bottom line, VY almost singlehandly (atleast on offense), beats those 2 great
college teams, and Bush has a good stat day aginst 2nd rate Fresno State and the non-stop hype of the Fresno game by ESPN pushs him ahead of Vince
in the Heisman voting. Of course I realize the award was made before the Rose Bowl game. Nevertheless, Vince was absolutely the best player in college
ball last year.
But I digress. Excuse.

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 09:43 AM
Honestly I see more of the opposite...people bringing up Bush's name in a negative light...There used to be a lot of people praising Bush on the board, but I honestly don't see it as much as I see posters bashing or saying something negative...JMO....Thats what I don't care for...I think it just makes you look silly...

Dude...give it a rest...just because somebody says something negative about him doesn't mean you have to swoop in and defend him every time.

Most of us were just talking about the article before you had to come in and start calling people out for not liking your hero.

What's this thread about anyway? Now it just looks like every other Bush vs. Mario thread on this board.

real
09-15-2006, 09:47 AM
Well said Edo. And VY was ripped off for the Heisman.
BTW, I wasn't for drafting Vince, but after watching the Texas-OSU game, I
now realize how great he was in college and truly extradordiany he was last
year in the Ohio State and USC victories. The Longhorns were lost without
him.
Bottom line, VY almost singlehandly (atleast on offense), beats those 2 great
college teams, and Bush has a good stat day aginst 2nd rate Fresno State and the non-stop hype of the Fresno game by ESPN pushs him ahead of Vince
in the Heisman voting. Of course I realize the award was made before the Rose Bowl game. Nevertheless, Vince was absolutely the best player in college
ball last year.
But I digress. Excuse.

I agree VY should have won the Heisman...too bad the voting takes place b4 the national championship game...

real
09-15-2006, 09:52 AM
Dude...give it a rest...just because somebody says something negative about him doesn't mean you have to swoop in and defend him every time.

If you can post negatively I can post positively...period...

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 10:01 AM
If you can post negatively I can post positively...period...

Look up at the top of your monitor. This is a Texans board. He isn't a Texan. If people don't want to like him around here, then that's the only reason they need.

If people want to come in here and bash someone who is a Texan while they're swinging on Bush's jock, then they're gonna piss off Texans fans.

They've got every right to be pissed and then bash a player who isn't a Texan.

:logo:

real
09-15-2006, 10:08 AM
Look up at the top of your monitor. This is a Texans board. He isn't a Texan. If people don't want to like him around here, then that's the only reason they need.

If people want to come in here and bash someone who is a Texan while they're swinging on Bush's jock, then they're gonna piss off Texans fans.

rep coming your way...good post man....:ok:

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 10:16 AM
rep coming your way...good post man....:ok:

Thanks, bro. I just made the Pro Bowl with that one.

michaelm
09-15-2006, 10:27 AM
I've said it a few times, but never had a response. I seem to be the only person who puts weight into my original assesment of why Bush wasn't the first pick.

Only one team thouroughly investigated, researched and interviewed Bush.
That team was the Houston Texans.
The Houston Texans are the one team that passed on him.
I've always maintained that the team discovered things that turned them off from drafting him.
Hell, the Saints reportedly never even sent anyone to interview Bush because they expected him to be gone for their pick.
I wonder if they are privately wishing they'd have done more homework.

michaelm
09-15-2006, 10:44 AM

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Battle Red Bull again.

good one.

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 11:18 AM
Kyss........

...... it seems like you don't understand why you see me taking up for him more than bringing people down off their "reggie high"...

I thought I was pretty clear on that

Oh you SDMF you.......

lol...what is that all about ?

It has to do with his avatar....... he knows.........

I almost, kinda, sorta see what you are saying...... but do you see anythreads on our board about the good game Maroney had?? How 'bout that Jacobs guy in NewYork??

There are a lot of people who had good games Sunday..... a lot of them are rookies. Why do you think only Reggie has a thread on our board??

No hate to Reggie, he's going to be what he's going to be.

but there are people questioning our passing on Reggie Bush every day. a thread like this one puts a spotlight on one of the reasons we passed.

It might not be a good reason for you. Maybe not for a bunch of the casual fans(I'm not calling you a casual fan per se...) but it is one of the things our FO considered.

things may get out of hand over hear as well. & I can understand a word or two mentioned to keep things reasonable.

But these are Houston fans, and they are going to be what they are going to be.

real
09-15-2006, 11:29 AM
I thought I was pretty clear on that
It has to do with his avatar....... he knows.........
I almost, kinda, sorta see what you are saying...... but do you see anythreads on our board about the good game Maroney had?? How 'bout that Jacobs guy in NewYork??
There are a lot of people who had good games Sunday..... a lot of them are rookies. Why do you think only Reggie has a thread on our board?? No hate to Reggie, he's going to be what he's going to be.
but there are people questioning our passing on Reggie Bush every day. a thread like this one puts a spotlight on one of the reasons we passed. things may get out of hand over hear as well. & I can understand a word or two mentioned to keep things reasonable.

But these are Houston fans, and they are going to be what they are going to be.

Of course...People aren't going to change no matter what I, you, or anyone else says...

But that statement can be made about every single post...

Why do we talk about what the Texans did wrong? Why do we talk about what they should have done right ? Because we want to...Not because what we say is actually going to have an affect on the next game...You and I both know why there weren't any threads started about Maroney...BUT at this time like I said there are more negative comments about Bush than positive...And like I said when people come here talking about how great Bush is and how stupid we are I comment about those post also...Nothing is going to stop people from Bush bashing...I happen to like the guy, so nothing is going to stop me from defending him...

I just find it so funny because my friends think I hate Bush because they are some of the ones that think we should have drafted him...And I always defend the pick of Mario and try to explain why he was better for our team...I am going to speak my mind just like everyone else on here, whether I am defendind Bush or Defending Mario or Defending VY...People are going to think what they want to and honestly at the end of the day who cares ?

swtbound07
09-15-2006, 11:33 AM
Allright i'll say it. I hated Reggie before the draft, hating him during, and have hated him after. I believe if you go back to midseason last year you'll see me calling him an overrated scat back. I stand by that, but I digress. Reggie Bush is not a Texan. For that I am eternally greatfull. I beleive also i once said i would rather we draft some dude named Snarfee McGee.

Lets Review Reggie's illustrious pro career:
Gets fined by league for wearing improper cleats
Gets fined by the league for painting his area code on his face
Petitions the league to change its numbering system entirely for him
Is found to have illegally recieved benefits for himself and family according to Yahoo! sports.
Managed a grand total of 61 rushing yards against CLEVELAND

What I want to know is where are all the sticklers for rules and decorum on this board? I seem to remember you all popping up when Vince lost his suit on the way to the White House. Where are all the people ripping reggie for improper cleats? I also want to know how many years we are going to have to discuss this LOUSY, LOUSY running back on our message boards. I honestly don't think too much longer, because i don't beleive he can make it through a whole year. Im just saying, Reggie has managed to cram a years worth of fines and drama into the gap before his first GAME. I'll pass.

real
09-15-2006, 11:37 AM
Allright i'll say it. I hated Reggie before the draft, hating him during, and have hated him after. I believe if you go back to midseason last year you'll see me calling him an overrated scat back. I stand by that, but I digress. Reggie Bush is not a Texan. For that I am eternally greatfull. I beleive also i once said i would rather we draft some dude named Snarfee McGee.

Lets Review Reggie's illustrious pro career:
Gets fined by league for wearing improper cleats
Gets fined by the league for painting his area code on his face
Petitions the league to change its numbering system entirely for him
Is found to have illegally recieved benefits for himself and family according to Yahoo! sports.

What I want to know is where are all the sticklers for rules and decorum on this board? I seem to remember you all popping up when Vince lost his suit on the way to the White House. Where are all the people ripping reggie for improper cleats? I also want to know how many years we are going to have to discuss this LOUSY, LOUSY running back on our message boards. I honestly don't think too much longer, because i don't beleive he can make it through a whole year. Im just saying, Reggie has managed to cram a years worth of fines and drama into the gap before his first GAME. I'll pass.

:backsout:

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 11:39 AM
I've said it a few times, but never had a response. I seem to be the only person who puts weight into my original assesment of why Bush wasn't the first pick.

Only one team thouroughly investigated, researched and interviewed Bush.
That team was the Houston Texans.
The Houston Texans are the one team that passed on him.
I've always maintained that the team discovered things that turned them off from drafting him.
Hell, the Saints reportedly never even sent anyone to interview Bush because they expected him to be gone for their pick.
I wonder if they are privately wishing they'd have done more homework.

I seriously doubt NewOrleans is wishing anything like that. They've never sold as many season tickets (unlike us) as they had this year.

& not all teams are looking for that squeky clean guy. You heard before the draft, none of the talking heads thought this story would factor in any teams decision to draft him.

Miami took a shot with Marcus Vick for crying out loud...... some teams are more desperate than we are....... some teams standards aren't where ours are(better or worse).....

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 11:40 AM
He'd be a model citizen for the Bengals.

real
09-15-2006, 11:41 AM
I seriously doubt NewOrleans is wishing anything like that. They've never sold as many season tickets (unlike us) as they had this year.

& not all teams are looking for that squeky clean guy. You heard before the draft, none of the talking heads thought this story would factor in any teams decision to draft him.

Miami took a shot with Marcus Vick for crying out loud...... some teams are more desperate than we are....... some teams standards aren't where ours are(better or worse).....

Exactly. Look at some of the "real" trouble makers around the leauge...And look at the teams that employ them...

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I happen to like the guy, so nothing is going to stop me from defending him...

I just find it so funny because my friends think I hate Bush because they are some of the ones that think we should have drafted him...And I always defend the pick of Mario and try to explain why he was better for our team...I am going to speak my mind just like everyone else on here, whether I am defendind Bush or Defending Mario or Defending VY...People are going to think what they want to and honestly at the end of the day who cares ?

well that's good.... I too look forward to seeing him play, but I never wanted h im to be on this team.

I too have been telling people they need to prepare themselves for the day Reggie finishes the season with 2000 yards from scrimmage........ I think it's going to happen.

but that in itself doesn't mean that we should have drafted him.

Who would you rather have on your team? A standup guy like Mario or a cheat and a liar like Reggie Bush. Bush and his family took the money and now he'll probably lose his Heisman and USC will have to forfeit the 2004 National Championship. What a joke he's turned out to be. He screwed his teammates and USC for a few lousy bucks. I'm glad he's not here.

no....... dudes just having fun...... no need to drag this out for 5 or 6 pages.

and that sig........ what's up with that??

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 11:57 AM
Back to the timeline (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bu****imeline&prov=yhoo&type=lgns).

March 4, 2005:
While in San Diego for a birthday party for St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk, Bush checks into a suite at the posh Manchester Grand Hyatt paid for on Michaels' credit card. Bush's two-day stay at the resort totaled $1,574.86.

March 11, 2005:
Bush arrives at the Venetian Resort and Casino in Las Vegas and checks into a suite paid with Michaels' credit card. His two-day stay at the resort totaled $623.63.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-15-2006, 01:21 PM
Back to the timeline (http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=ys-bu****imeline&prov=yhoo&type=lgns).

March 4, 2005:
While in San Diego for a birthday party for St. Louis Rams running back Marshall Faulk, Bush checks into a suite at the posh Manchester Grand Hyatt paid for on Michaels' credit card. Bush's two-day stay at the resort totaled $1,574.86.

March 11, 2005:
Bush arrives at the Venetian Resort and Casino in Las Vegas and checks into a suite paid with Michaels' credit card. His two-day stay at the resort totaled $623.63.

He deserves to lose his trophy, give it to Vince.......Class act, that did not get influenced by a bum like Michael's giving gifts to Reggie & family

El Tejano
09-15-2006, 01:31 PM
Vince don't want a hand me down trophy with fingerprints on it.

He's got a nice blingy one in Austin that has his name all over it.

I just hope the Katrina money now goes to the Katrina victims and not attorney fees.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-15-2006, 01:40 PM
Very true EL, Vince might not want it , if it is a hand me down from bush, I bet Matt Leinhart will take it though........

TexansBull
09-15-2006, 01:42 PM

I just hope the Katrina money now goes to the Katrina victims and not attorney fees.

I agree. I wouldnt want a second hand trophy and take pride in the trophy that counts in Austin.

Word of the Day is Selfish brought to you by the number 25

Off topic: I thought Vince didnt wear his suit because his friend didnt have a suit, so he decided not to wear one so he wouldnt be the only one.

texan279
09-15-2006, 01:49 PM
I agree. I wouldnt want a second hand trophy and take pride in the trophy that counts in Austin.

Word of the Day is Selfish brought to you by the number 25

Off topic: I thought Vince didnt wear his suit because his friend didnt have a suit, so he decided not to wear one so he wouldnt be the only one.

:yikes: :sos: :backsout:

TexanSam
09-15-2006, 01:53 PM
Had the Texans taken Reggie Bush, I'm almost certain that the we would not be bashing him as many are on here. I think we're using this thread more just to satisfy our need to dislike him more than anything else. Reggie Bush has done a lot of good for the city of New Orleans and although he (we assume) took huge amounts of money while at USC, that doesn't make him an ********* like some of us are trying to make him out too be. Yeah, it was wrong and he was extremely dumb for doing it, but I think too many of you are using any reason too bash Reggie Bush.

TexanSam
09-15-2006, 01:55 PM

Would he have a choice? He doesn't have to take the trophy but wouldn't the records show that he was the Heisman Trophy winner?

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 02:37 PM
Had the Texans taken Reggie Bush, I'm almost certain that the we would not be bashing him as many are on here. I think we're using this thread more just to satisfy our need to dislike him more than anything else. Reggie Bush has done a lot of good for the city of New Orleans and although he (we assume) took huge amounts of money while at USC, that doesn't make him an ********* like some of us are trying to make him out too be. Yeah, it was wrong and he was extremely dumb for doing it, but I think too many of you are using any reason too bash Reggie Bush.

Um..... I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation here.

If Reggie did in fact take money, or knew his family was taking money, then that would make USC inelligible for that season..... it may even affect the scholarships they can offer in the future, which will affect their team.

Think about all the fans in SouthCal, who are proud about that National Championship trophy...... If that gets stripped from them, from that program, from that school....... what do you think they are going to say??

"We won't be in contention for the next 10 years, but man when we had ReggieBush, we were great!!"

I doubt it.

So when people are saying Reggie was being selfish...... that's what they mean. In fact, I hear that his parents were doing well regardless.... that they didn't need any side money. So why take it??

If we had drafted Reggie, most of the guys in this thread would be like..... so what, I'm glad he inked the line before McNair found out............that's for sure. But that wouldn't change the fact that it was a selfish thing to do. & it's going to hurt a lot of people alot more than it's going to hurt Reggie's football career.

Dime
09-15-2006, 03:01 PM
Me thinks you all like Bush to much.... You know its bad when I can say that in a forum and it not dirty.

michaelm
09-15-2006, 03:13 PM
Me thinks you all like Bush to much.... You know its bad when I can say that in a forum and it not dirty.

I really don't have feelings about Bush one way or the other...:crying:

Mr. White
09-15-2006, 03:15 PM
How about his marketing agent (http://http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaf/news?slug=jo-bush_ornstein&prov=yhoo&type=lgns)?

An investigation uncovered an embezzling scheme in the NFL's licensing division, and Ornstein was one of three men convicted. In 1995, he pleaded guilty to one count of mail fraud. A federal judge sentenced him to five years of probation, four months of home confinement and ordered him to pay $160,000 in restitution plus fines.

"I was kind of caught up in something that somebody else did and I kind of took a fall for it," Ornstein said. " Anybody who knows the true story knows I was more of a victim than the cause. But to be a good soldier, I took a bullet for the NFL and didn't make a big issue of it. Just faded away from it. I think the fact that happened to me shows the kind of person that I am."

Double Barrel
09-15-2006, 05:35 PM

Actually, bro', his 141 all-purpose yards was impressive for a rookie debut. The last time a rookie had that kind of first game was Marcus Allen in 1982. :cowboy1:

I've got nothing against RB. I'm indifferent, to be honest. If he broke the rule(s), then prosecute. Otherwise, I look forward to many great highlights from the dude.

TexanSam
09-15-2006, 05:56 PM
Um..... I don't think you understand the gravity of the situation here.

If Reggie did in fact take money, or knew his family was taking money, then that would make USC inelligible for that season..... it may even affect the scholarships they can offer in the future, which will affect their team.

Think about all the fans in SouthCal, who are proud about that National Championship trophy...... If that gets stripped from them, from that program, from that school....... what do you think they are going to say??

"We won't be in contention for the next 10 years, but man when we had ReggieBush, we were great!!"

I doubt it.

So when people are saying Reggie was being selfish...... that's what they mean. In fact, I hear that his parents were doing well regardless.... that they didn't need any side money. So why take it??

If we had drafted Reggie, most of the guys in this thread would be like..... so what, I'm glad he inked the line before McNair found out............that's for sure. But that wouldn't change the fact that it was a selfish thing to do. & it's going to hurt a lot of people alot more than it's going to hurt Reggie's football career.

I don't think their National Championship will be in jeopardy. It was only Bush's 2nd year so he wasn't even eligible for the NFL. Maybe agents were already giving him money, but I think last year is the only one that will really get affected.

Mysteryhunt
09-15-2006, 05:58 PM
as someone who has been in the ncaa there is no way you could not know that you are doing something wrong; they bash the rules into you over and over, it's crazy.

texan279
09-15-2006, 05:59 PM
I don't think their National Championship will be in jeopardy. It was only Bush's 2nd year so he wasn't even eligible for the NFL. Maybe agents were already giving him money, but I think last year is the only one that will really get affected.

If the NCAA rules that Bush received extra benefits during his playing career at USC, he could be ruled retroactively ineligible. Since some of the benefits date back to the 2004 season, the Trojans' national championship that season could be rescinded. USC could face further NCAA sanctions and Bush's 2005 Heisman Trophy could be in jeopardy. The Heisman ballot indicates that an athlete must meet NCAA eligibility requirements to be considered for college football's most prestigious award.

ESAD2-14
09-15-2006, 07:07 PM

If I am not mistaken Bomar did "go down", and his family was not involved at all or was not suspected of being involved. Stoops threw him off his team for damage control so as not to have the whole team pay for Bomars stupidity. This was all probably well before Bomars "presents" reached a total of $100,000 as the article claims.

Now if I was a coach of a big program, and one of my players was receiving "gifts" that totaled that much I would probably notice. As that would place alot of hardwork by myself and the team in major jeopardy. Without going into the whole breakdown of what RB received and when, the bottom line is someone in the USC program had to have known what was going on when this was all taking place. There in lies the bigger problem, USC and its fan base will pay for Reggies "whoops!" and not him. For RB it's "water under the bridge" at this point, he has his millions and is safely playing in the NFL. If he is half the messiah alot of people think he is he should admit he screwed up if in fact the allegations are true. Hell thats just one of basics of being a man, having the integrity and the b***s to admit his mistake. If he does that then IMO he has at least vendicated himself somewhat, the rest he will have to explain to USC and it's fans.

thunderkyss
09-15-2006, 07:47 PM
If he is half the messiah alot of people think he is he should admit he screwed up if in fact the allegations are true.

I just want to say, that I don't think Reggie is guilty. I have no idea, as I don't care enough to follow the story.......

So, add an "If the stories are true", to everything I've said.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2006, 07:48 PM
How many of you have never done something illegal???...besides the point but you catch my drift

Damn, I have done some stuff that's illegal, but it sure has hell at nothin like this.

BigDTexansFan
09-15-2006, 07:54 PM
he is reviewing tapes of Richard Nixon claiming he is not a crook, but I really think Reggie needs to go without the peace signs....LMAO

Seriously, I heard they have an assistant coach who put Reggie and guy together if that is case (and highly unlikely since NCAA refuses to really do a job policing) USC could lose games, scholarships and money/revenue from postseason games.

Reggie Mr. Former" Bush FORMER Heisman Winner, FORMER National Champion..

You know he said he is glad in New Orleans, with crime being so high in New Orleans got to imagine Reggie went to place that would best appreciate a CRIMINAL (outside of Dallas that is):drool:

edo783
09-15-2006, 08:02 PM
Wasn't Bush in a Criminal Justice Degree program? Must have got a lot of "A"s. Sure seems to know what he is doing.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2006, 08:06 PM
Reggie Bush Story Video (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=2588347)

The way he speaks, he is so believable.

Houston_Fanatic
09-15-2006, 08:30 PM
He sounds very convincing, but apparently not enough for McNair & Co.

If this turns out to be true, I am glad we did not draft Bush. We have enough to focus on to make our team better without this distraction.

Mysteryhunt
09-15-2006, 08:33 PM
did you see the interview on espn motion with bush? he said, "everyone's entitles to their own opinion." to me theres a big difference between an 'opinion' and an 8 month investigation with hundreds of sources.

but maybe thats just me.

GuerillaBlack
09-15-2006, 08:35 PM
did you see the interview on espn motion with bush? he said, "everyone's entitles to their own opinion." to me theres a big difference between an 'opinion' and an 8 month investigation with hundreds of sources.

but maybe thats just me.

Don't worry, you are not the only one.

texan279
09-16-2006, 03:46 PM
http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5968932

After practice Friday, Bush responded to questions about the report much the same as he did when the allegations of improper benefits first were reported earlier this year.
"I'm not worried about any of these allegations or anything like that," he said. "Because I know what the truth is, like I said from day one. Once the smoke clears, everybody's going to see we did nothing wrong."

The report says Michael Michaels, a marketing agency investor who wanted to represent the football star, and current Bush marketing agent Mike Ornstein lavished Bush and his family with gifts while he was still at USC, each hoping to entice him to sign with them once he left school.

Bush eventually chose Ornstein, which caused a falling out between Michaels and Bush's family.

Speculation over whether Bush and his family received money arose earlier this year in reports that his mother and stepfather didn't pay $54,000 in rent during the year they lived in a house owned by Michaels, who later said the family promised to repay him once Bush went pro.

The NCAA prohibits student-athletes and their families from receiving extra benefits from agents or their representatives. Any improper benefits could lead to NCAA sanctions against USC and retroactively cost Bush his college eligibility and Heisman Trophy.

"Obviously it does affect you just because it is out there," Bush said. "But at the same time I know there's nothing to worry about.

"It makes you want to go out there right away and tell your side of the story. Show everybody the facts, the truth. But you can't do that. That wouldn't be the right way to do it."

shinerbock_girl
09-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Good Lord, will this subject never die? I'm certain Reggie has paid the 100 G's to his former agents that busted this story JUST BEFORE Mario was taken by Houston. Man, pissed of people looking for huge money can really yank a guy's chain, eh?

Hey, Filo, while you're up, can you get a bowl of Valium and a dry martini? The bowl is for the room. I just need a martini.:cool:

lol: lol: lol:

Mr. White
09-17-2006, 11:47 AM
James Brown asked Charley Casserly today what he knew about all this. He said he already had all this information that's coming out now.

Casserly said he asked him 3 questions:

Did you take money from an agent?
Bush- "No."
Did you break NCAA rules?
Bush- "No."
How can your parents afford to live in that house?
Bush- "I don't know."

JB asked CC if this is why he didn't draft him. CC said "no." (Still toeing the party line, IMO.)

CC said he took this information to Bob McNair and told him that if they drafted Bush, that an NCAA investigation was coming.

Goldeagle
09-17-2006, 01:29 PM
Bush, 5 carries 6 yards so far

GuerillaBlack
09-17-2006, 03:27 PM
Bush, 5 carries 6 yards so far

Who the **** cares. God damn.

nunusguy
12-15-2006, 06:58 AM
What ever happened to this story ?
Did ESPN and other corporate sponsers of Bush shut this thing down
with hush money payoffs ?

domedog316
12-15-2006, 07:52 PM
What ever happened to this story ?
Did ESPN and other corporate sponsers of Bush shut this thing down
with hush money payoffs ?

I think that when they realized that none of it hurt Reggie, the story died down. The only entity that stood to lose was USC.

OR....

Reggie did nothing wrong......maybe his parents did, but he didn't. Who cares what his parents accepted. You think RB is the only college player to ever benefit from his stardom?

edo783
12-15-2006, 10:26 PM
It's in the investigation phase. People are stonewalling, so it could take some time. The IRS MAY get involved about the money and no taxes paid thing. That happens, things could break loose as the IRS has a way of making folks.........uncomfortable.

nunusguy
12-16-2006, 09:53 AM
I think that when they realized that none of it hurt Reggie, the story died down. The only entity that stood to lose was USC.

OR....

Reggie did nothing wrong......maybe his parents did, but he didn't. Who cares what his parents accepted. You think RB is the only college player to ever benefit from his stardom?

I don't think its all such a harmless incident in terms of its potential effect upon Bush. No doubt Bush is very talented. And entertaining. I enjoy watching him play myself because you never know when he might "knock it
out of the park".
But if the NCAA does a serious invetigation that would result in sanctions
against USC, that could most certainly have an adverse effect upon Bush's popularity and his celebrity. And while that may not effect him on the field of
play in the NFL, it could certainly reduce his value as a commercial commodity.

Mr. B
12-16-2006, 10:49 AM
Kinda funny how I just read something from one of the writers on ESPN.

Something about the Hook Up Factor.

Asking what happened to the big investigation into Reggie Bush.

I think Basically what the writer was getting at was how much clout USC might have to get this all hushed up being it is USC and Reggie (Greatest Ever) Bush.

Wonder if the NFL will chip in to help out hush things up so as not to do any damage to their Golden boy.

B