PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mario! Who's your Daddy?

brewhaus
09-14-2006, 06:38 PM
Quoting Pete King of SI:
"The Texans drafted Williams so they could one day beat Peyton Manning. That one day is not Sunday at the RCA Dome".

If any of the Texans are reading this garbage and don't get fired up......Then I don't know what it's going to take.
:twocents:

Htownsportsfan
09-14-2006, 07:47 PM
Why would he pick the Texans? I think they will improve as the season progresses, but if my job was to make predictions and try to be funny, I say try as King oftens fails at this. I would have to pick the colts as well! Thats why they call them upsets, cause they are not supposed to occur! Lets hope like H-ll he is wrong but he did take the safe prediction.

brewhaus
09-14-2006, 08:04 PM
Why would he pick the Texans? I think they will improve as the season progresses, but if my job was to make predictions and try to be funny, I say try as King oftens fails at this. I would have to pick the colts as well! Thats why they call them upsets, cause they are not supposed to occur! Lets hope like H-ll he is wrong but he did take the safe prediction.

Nobody is gonna pick the Texans. They are from Houston. Natinoal sports writers love to hate Houston. Why wouldn't that statement want to make every player on the Texans want to prove him wrong?
.............sorry for sounding like a :homer: but something has to make this team play with some heart, and it seems like this negative B.S. would be enough to do that.

TexanSam
09-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Nobody is gonna pick the Texans. They are from Houston. Natinoal sports writers love to hate Houston. Why wouldn't that statement want to make every player on the Texans want to prove him wrong?
.............sorry for sounding like a :homer: but something has to make this team play with some heart, and it seems like this negative B.S. would be enough to do that.

I don't think Peter King is choosing against the Texans because he's against the city of Houston. I think it's because:

A) We've never beaten the Colts
B) We were 2-14 last season, they were 14-2
C) It's at Indianapolis
D) They have a better team than us

BigDTexansFan
09-14-2006, 08:58 PM
I don't think Peter King is choosing against the Texans because he's against the city of Houston. I think it's because:

A) We've never beaten the Colts
B) We were 2-14 last season, they were 14-2
C) It's at Indianapolis
D) They have a better team than us

I can kind of agree, BUT not with D....BS we are just as good as they are and will prove it this year:challenge

RiotCommander
09-14-2006, 09:17 PM
I can kind of agree, BUT not with D....BS we are just as good as they are and will prove it this year:challenge

http://myspace-466.vo.llnwd.net/01169/66/42/1169802466_m.jpg

Double Barrel
09-14-2006, 09:22 PM
Quoting Pete King of SI:
"The Texans drafted Williams so they could one day beat Peyton Manning. That one day is not Sunday at the RCA Dome".

Hey, look! It's Pete King!

http://www.frontiernet.net/~joe14580/captain%20obvious.jpg

mexican_texan
09-14-2006, 11:32 PM
The topic title is extremely inappropiate.

texan279
09-14-2006, 11:36 PM
One interesting fact I heard or read somewhere today was that in Texans history we have 900+ rushing yards against the Colts, more than any other one team we have ever played. I also was checking earlier today and noticed that Indy's running game and rushing defense struggled in the first game of the season and also some in the preseason. If we can pressure Manning we might have a long shot at a big time upset win on Sunday. I wish I was a rich gambling man.

rittenhouserobz
09-15-2006, 12:39 AM
With a nice spread you might win a little. Not even close straight up.

brewhaus
09-15-2006, 05:13 AM
The topic title is extremely inappropiate.

So was the statement Pete made.:twocents: :twocents:

real
09-15-2006, 09:22 AM
One interesting fact I heard or read somewhere today was that in Texans history we have 900+ rushing yards against the Colts, more than any other one team we have ever played. I also was checking earlier today and noticed that Indy's running game and rushing defense struggled in the first game of the season and also some in the preseason. If we can pressure Manning we might have a long shot at a big time upset win on Sunday. I wish I was a rich gambling man.

The only teams that was worse than the Colts on defense from week one is the Texans...

texan279
09-15-2006, 09:25 AM
The only teams that was worse than the Colts on defense from week one is the Texans...

Their defense is ranked 30th against the run, ours is ranked 25th against the run.

real
09-15-2006, 09:26 AM
Their defense is ranked 30th against the run, ours is ranked 25th against the run.

overall defense...

texan279
09-15-2006, 09:28 AM
overall defense...

Re read what you quoted me as saying, I said the Colts defense has struggled against the run, I never said their overall defense.

Txn_in_FL
09-15-2006, 10:09 AM
Do I expect a win this weekend, no. I think you'd have to be a tad on the high side to think that way, but I do think there is a chance for it to happen.

I can't wait to have a winning season, but the season (which very well could be this one) is the season where they begin to turn it around. The season where one lucky win (maybe against the Colts?) turns into another and then another. The season where we can't be counted out until the final seconds tick off the clock.

I think this season is going to be a slow build and by the end of the season we will have something very interesting on our hands. As long as they start to pull it together by the Dallas game I'll be happy.

michaelm
09-15-2006, 12:47 PM
Re read what you quoted me as saying, I said the Colts defense has struggled against the run, I never said their overall defense.

I didn't recognize the dudes in your avatar, so I did a 'right click', 'save as...' to see the file name.
I'm not too much of a Pantera fan, but did a wikipedia search for Dimebag and read the page.
The part about him being buried with Eddie Van Halen's flying V led me to do a search for a pic of the back of the VH II album cover, which then led me to classicVanHalen.com, which is a decent site if you like VH.

It's completely OT, I know, but thanks for inspiring that little side trip...