PDA

View Full Version : Weekly Poll: Game vs. Indianapolis

TexansAllTheWayBaby
09-14-2006, 05:17 PM
Please vote honestly. You may post messages as well.

kcwilson
09-14-2006, 05:21 PM
Colts by 7

There is a reason why grown men leave Las Vegas crying.

gtexan02
09-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Colts by 14
Texans 14 Colts 28+ is my guess

powerfuldragon
09-14-2006, 05:23 PM
colts by 10.

HOU-TEX
09-14-2006, 05:25 PM
Colts by 17 :hides:

blockhead83
09-14-2006, 05:26 PM
Colts by atleast two TD's. I'll consider it a small victory if we still have a game going into the 4th quarter.

WWJD
09-14-2006, 05:29 PM
Colts by 10.

If the Texans can't get a pass rush on Peyton he'll eat them up like McNabb did.

I do expect the Texans to play well though.

jerek
09-14-2006, 05:31 PM
I know that this is a winnable game. It is quite possible that we win. The Colts D is not going to be as good as the Eagles and as far as I am concerned, Donovan McNabb was in one hell of a zone last week. The Colts don't have a Brian Westbrook. Peyton will be as good but not better than McNabb, and he's certainly easier to bring the wood to. And I'm hoping that our own Mr. Richard Smith will bring the wood. Peyton has always struggled against good blitzing defenses (albeit typically with a better secondary than ours) but applying pressure early and often is this week's cliche -- but very important -- key.

I'll also be watching David Carr. I think he demonstrated a lot of improvement last week, and the Colts secondary is not very strong. Provided we can give Carr more than 0.90 seconds to throw, this might be his coming out party. I sincerely believe that. Andre or Moulds one on one is going to be automatic.

I also think our running game will look better.

All of that said, we're still a young team playing a very veteran team on the road. I suspect we'll make it competitive and hang tough, but ultimately lose; I'm guessing by 6-10. I'm hoping Richard Smith has been watching film, because our defensive playcalling is this week's X-factor.

And I sincerely hope our guys prove me wrong. I say that here, but I plan on checking the Vegas line, and if the odds are right, placing a bet on our Texans pulling through. Not a life savings type bet, but a lunch money for my week type bet.

real
09-14-2006, 05:34 PM
Only Defense worst than the Colts after week one is us...

Str8tupg42k1
09-14-2006, 06:04 PM
Only Defense worst than the Colts after week one is us...

what about the tacks D

BigDTexansFan
09-14-2006, 06:15 PM
Colts by 7

There is a reason why grown men leave Las Vegas crying.

I would be crying too, OK tears of joy. Colts by 13 USA Today Sheridan's odds:yikes: , I would lay a couple of hundred on that point spread. They are going off 1st game and fact that Colts 0-8 (problem with never losing is, sooner or later YOU WILL), Edge gone the Colts rushed almost as bad as we did. I think we can win!!!:redtowel:

powerfuldragon
09-14-2006, 06:17 PM
I'd be confident about this game too if our secondary wasn't reminiscent of swiss cheese.

colts18288
09-14-2006, 06:21 PM
Colts by 13, If we still had Vandershank I would say 7, but Adam Vinitari is good for 6 points. Score Colts 27, Texans 14.

AlbinoRat
09-14-2006, 06:25 PM
I've gotta say Colts by 20

Colts 27, Texans 7

kcwilson
09-14-2006, 06:26 PM
I would be crying too, OK tears of joy. Colts by 13 USA Today Sheridan's odds:yikes: , I would lay a couple of hundred on that point spread. They are going off 1st game and fact that Colts 0-8 (problem with never losing is, sooner or later YOU WILL), Edge gone the Colts rushed almost as bad as we did. I think we can win!!!:redtowel:

I think we could win... I just don't think that we will. And from a statistical standpoint, there is nothing that says in football that just because you lost the previous 8, your 'chances of winning' are increased. If I flip a coin 10 times and it comes up heads 10 times, the eleventh flip has the same odds of being tails as it did the previous 10 times.

Now, through the previous 8 matchups, we should have learned a lot about how to beat the Colts, but the problem is, this team has not shown that it can execute a gameplan successfully for an extended period of time without some significant breakdown. This consistency has to be developed... and I think we will get better with consistency and execution as the season goes on and the team gels/becomes more familiar with assignments and gets experience.

The Colts can, should, and will win this game. I look forward to everyone being able to yell at the top of their lungs if the Colts lose. I truly hope that on Sunday afternoon, I am being berated unmercilessly and battered about like a defenseless little bunny fighting for its life against a band of cougars.

HJam72
09-14-2006, 06:27 PM
Right now, I'm thinking:

Colts: 30

Texans: 13

TheOgre
09-14-2006, 06:56 PM
Colts by 13, If we still had Vandershank I would say 7, but Adam Vinitari is good for 6 points. Score Colts 27, Texans 14.

Hey give the guy his due. He has been great during the regular season (best percentage in NFL history). It is the playoffs where it is a different story.

Brandon420tx
09-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Colts: 0
Texans 27

colts18288
09-14-2006, 07:35 PM
Hey give the guy his due. He has been great during the regular season (best percentage in NFL history). It is the playoffs where it is a different story. Walking on Letterman and nailing 1 in jeans got him his due, dude he kicked it so far right, George Bush caught it. (J/K, had to toss some Texas in the humor).

He was paid by the C.I.A., the white house and that lil man on the moon.:ohsnap:

J-Storm
09-15-2006, 06:58 AM
The Colts won't be as good as the Eagles this year, but we still won't be as good as the Colts so they will beat us by the same score as last week at a guess... Colts by at least 14-17...:crying:

wicked_wayz
09-15-2006, 08:25 AM
I know that this is a winnable game. It is quite possible that we win. The Colts D is not going to be as good as the Eagles and as far as I am concerned, Donovan McNabb was in one hell of a zone last week. The Colts don't have a Brian Westbrook. Peyton will be as good but not better than McNabb, and he's certainly easier to bring the wood to. And I'm hoping that our own Mr. Richard Smith will bring the wood. Peyton has always struggled against good blitzing defenses (albeit typically with a better secondary than ours) but applying pressure early and often is this week's cliche -- but very important -- key.
I also think our running game will look better.

manning will be far better than mcnabb, manning got weapons all across the field other than at tail back (but i believe addai will start stepping up) but come on our DBs gonna have nightmares marking harrison and wayne....

they may not have westbrook but they do have wayne, harrison, clark, stokely, pro bowl talent across the field....

getting pressure on peyton aint gonna be easy...look at the giants defence they were up in peyton's face all day and yet peyton was able to make a play...and the giants DLINE is far greater than ours