PDA

View Full Version : Dansby - maybe we get this guy too

Xman
09-14-2006, 01:50 PM
No position for Dansby?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2587553

According to the article, Karlos Dansby is on the outside looking in. Since he was hurt, and didn't participate in offseason meetings, he has been replaced and is now a reserve.

This guy could step right in and be a key contributor for us. Maybe we could get him for Babin? (or a 4th round pick and a player, or Hodgdon, etc.)

Thoughts?

real
09-14-2006, 01:52 PM
Would be a great pick-up...but I'd rather not give up Babin...I'd rather get rid of Greenwood and a 6th...or maybe just give up a fourth...

gtexan02
09-14-2006, 01:55 PM
Trading Greenwood is ridiculous and won't happen for a number of reasons:
1. The article states that Arizona already has a LB corp they like
2. The cap hit for Greenwood would be huge
3. Greenwood's contract is awful. No NFL team would want to take that over
4. We are already VERY shallow at OLB, we can't afford to lose one
5. He actually played pretty well during the preseason, especially as a blitzer

IMO we would have to give up a draft pick, and probably a 3rd or better (since he had a good year last year and was a 2nd round pick the year before)

Xman
09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I would loike to get him cheap, but AZ will want someting good because he was "going to be a fixture" on their team before his injuries (underwent surgeries to repair ligament damage to his right pinkie finger and left thumb, missed time with a strained hamstring, and subsequently suffered a toe injury on his left foot. That injury did not require surgery, but the extensive treatment kept Dansby off the field for all of camp.)

I think he is worth a decent draft pick and a player.

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
Grade: 72 | Key
Alert: None

Comment:
He is an instinctive and natural player and plays with both speed and explosiveness. He does an excellent job in space, has a knack for slipping blocks and making plays on the move and is an excellent tackler. He has speed to the outside and range to the edge, and really shows a burst to close. He is a good athlete, and also does an excellent job in his coverage skills in the passing game. He has good hips and change of direction skills, and is a smooth athlete with surprisingly good instincts for a young player. Although he has excellent overall power, and he is not afraid to mix it up, he is not as effective when stepping up and filling vs. the inside run, and needs to improve his ability to stack, shed at the point of attack and get off blocks.

Cjeremy635
09-14-2006, 01:56 PM
I wouldn't let Babin go, he's contributing on our team right now. I'd trade a 4th rd pick and a player who doesn't contribute to our team, so I doubt that the Cardinals would be willing to make that trade. I'm sure that they will just keep him as a capable back up and to rotate into the game to keep fresh line backers. :twocents:

real
09-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Trading Greenwood is ridiculous and won't happen for a number of reasons:
1. The article states that Arizona already has a LB corp they like
2. The cap hit for Greenwood would be huge
3. Greenwood's contract is awful. No NFL team would want to take that over
4. We are already VERY shallow at OLB, we can't afford to lose one
5. He actually played pretty well during the preseason, especially as a blitzer

IMO we would have to give up a draft pick, and probably a 3rd or better (since he had a good year last year and was a 2nd round pick the year before)

ha ha...did you really have to make a list ? ha.....

AtheGreat
09-14-2006, 01:57 PM
i really like him. i (for some reason) kept up with him last season and he seemed to be a very good player. If we could get him in the mix i think that would be a VERY postitive pick-up. 3rd or lower draft pick and i would squeeze the trigger. and...as an added bonus, he's the only other AZ defender i can name besides Antrell Rolle.

real
09-14-2006, 01:58 PM
I think they will definitely trade him if he is delegated to the bench...thats an exspensive back-up...

Xman
09-14-2006, 01:59 PM
sounds like the offer is . . . . a 3rd and Hodgdon?

AtheGreat
09-14-2006, 02:00 PM
sounds like the offer is . . . . a 3rd and Hodgdon?

if thats would be the card's the asking price...where does Smith sign??

gtexan02
09-14-2006, 02:01 PM
ha ha...did you really have to make a list ? ha.....

lol sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as rude or anything. I'm still so frustrated at how much guaranteed $$$ so many unproven players were given on this team, that now its impossible to unload them anywhere else.

gtexan02
09-14-2006, 02:02 PM
if thats would be the card's the asking price...where does Smith sign??

I don't think we can afford to let go our 1 capable backup center. Flannagan is pretty old, and Hogdon did show signs of progress last year

real
09-14-2006, 02:03 PM
lol sorry, I didn't mean that to come off as rude or anything. I'm still so frustrated at how much guaranteed $$$ so many unproven players were given on this team, that now its impossible to unload them anywhere else.

It's all good...i feel your pain brutha...

El Tejano
09-14-2006, 02:07 PM
I wouldn't give up Babin. I think Babin needs to get on the field more. Last game he was the only guy that got anywhere close to Mcnabb.

HOU-TEX
09-14-2006, 02:23 PM
Maybe we could give up a 3rd and Chris Brown? Doh! Nevermind, they already have the best Kicker in the league.
:lightbulb:

Xman
09-14-2006, 02:35 PM
Maybe we could give up a 3rd and Chris Brown? Doh! Nevermind, they already have the best Kicker in the league.
:lightbulb:

I think we would have to give up a 1st to get Dansby AND Rackers.

(and before anyone responds - there is NO way we should trade a future first)

Chance_C
09-14-2006, 02:44 PM
Last game he was the only guy that got anywhere close to Mcnabb.

Don't forget Weaver's sack!!

El Tejano
09-14-2006, 03:34 PM
Yeah that was after Mcnabb fell down on accident near the sideline and Weaver touched him.

Babin actually got through the line.

HOU-TEX
09-14-2006, 03:37 PM
Yeah that was after Mcnabb fell down on accident near the sideline and Weaver touched him.

Babin actually got through the line.

FYI He slid to avoid the hit. He did not accidentally fall. It wasn't near the sideline either. It was a little outside and behind the TE position.

real
09-14-2006, 03:44 PM
FYI He slid to avoid the hit. He did not accidentally fall. It wasn't near the sideline either. It was a little outside and behind the TE position.

I could've sworn He tripped...

HOU-TEX
09-14-2006, 03:52 PM
I could've sworn He tripped...

If he tripped, he tripped with his feet sliding forward, which I would think it'd be kinda hard to do that.:francis:

V Man
09-14-2006, 03:54 PM
They need linemen, so send them one of our 3 starting guards (McKinney or Weary, try to keep Pitts) for him straight up. Hang on to the pick, we can get a good O-line prospect with a third.

El Tejano
09-14-2006, 03:56 PM
It was a gimme is the point. Not that I mind it though. At this point anything is good. It was still a gimme though.

El Tejano
09-14-2006, 04:06 PM
How about Weigert? He hasn't done too well. You can put Salaam in for what Weigert is doing these days, and Winston can be the swing man.

V Man
09-14-2006, 04:13 PM
How about Weigert? He hasn't done too well. You can put Salaam in for what Weigert is doing these days, and Winston can be the swing man.

No start Winston and then resign Wand.:tease:

El Tejano
09-14-2006, 04:21 PM
Dude, what are you trying to do around here.

mexican_texan
09-14-2006, 05:19 PM
The Cards need O-line depth...and starters. McKinney wouldn't be too bad of a deal.

Didn't Karlos Dansby pick off Carr for a pick-six last year?

Xman
09-14-2006, 06:02 PM
I agree that we need OL, but if we can trade marginal players for a quality starter, we should do it.
And, AZ does need line help - and they want to win now in the worst way.

So, if we could deal away a couple aging OL (or others positions) for a young talented OLB then I say we do it. [true, the downside is that it will still be hard to evaluate Carr but we will get to evaluate Winston]

So, now the offer is Mckinney and Wiegert for Dansby? I would do that and add a 4th rounder (but only if I had to).

hot pickle
09-14-2006, 06:14 PM
if we would get his guy i'll be honest with yall i will **** my pants in excitment

ive always loved this guy

opps not allowed to say **** sorry "poop"

Grid
09-14-2006, 06:32 PM
The Cards need offensive players.

A possibility might be Fred Weary.. or Bennie Joppru.

Xman
09-14-2006, 06:38 PM
The Cards need offensive players.

A possibility might be Fred Weary.. or Bennie Joppru.

I would gladly throw in Joppru, but they just drafted Pope who should be a stud for them. But, he is a rookie, so I would add Bruener if they wanted a veteran blocker (which should be of value foe Edge and their WRs)
Weary is fairly young, so I would try to keep him over McKinney/Wiegert, all else being equal.

So, McKinney, Wiegert and Bruener. Done deal.

RiotCommander
09-14-2006, 06:39 PM
Look I have seen this guy play, and without a doubt he is the type of high intensity player we are missing. However, isn't he still dealing with a muscle problem involving with his foot and leg. Something that could potentially end his career. I don't mean to throw cold water over this idea, but we don't really need to take that sort of chance right now. Maybe his injury has gotten better.

I really don't know what we could trade for him, but P-Buc comes to mind, and maybe one of the TEs that aren't going to start. As far as draft picks go I wouldn't give more then a 5th, and not even that without a really good physical being passed. Not the one we gave DD either, a real one......

Grid
09-14-2006, 06:41 PM
well the point is that you have to offer something they would actually want.

They dont want our expensive guys that are 30+ years old. Dansby is young and promising.. you need to offer them someone young and promising in return. Either that, or someone proven who ISNT at the end of thier career, and is actually WORTH a promising young player. I cant think of anyone on our team who fits the bill that we can afford to lose.

Moulds, Putzier, Payne, Weaver.. we cant give any of these guys up.

Insideop
09-14-2006, 06:48 PM
Did I miss something? I didn't see anywhere in the article that the Cardinals were looking to trade Dansby. Y'all seem to have this trade as a done deal. If it is, please fill me in. :confused:

tburdette
09-14-2006, 06:57 PM
I think I would give up Payne for Dansby. Then we could move Weaver inside and put Babin or Peek in the oustide. This would add more youth to our lineup and Dansby would be a great pickup.

Xman
09-14-2006, 06:57 PM
Note a done deal, just suggesting it (and hoping the Texans try to do it).

I think AZ would deal him because they have huge weaknesses on an explosive team (and they don't have much else to deal or spare).
A package of our junk (well, not junk but players that are not long term) might be enough to get this guy, who could be a stud (and was looking like a stud before his injuries)

AZ could use:
a CB - ok, send Buchy; not worth much but we can spare him
A TE - ok, send Bruener; they have Pope who can catch as a rookie, but Bruener will help their OL - which need help.
Several OL - McKinney could step in at C for them and Weigert at RT. It makes them more solid (or at least gives them options) along the OL and, again, these guys are not in the Texans long term plans(I hope).

So, I would call them up and offer: Buchy, Bruener, McKinney and Weigert for Dansby. And be thrilled if they took it.

Our D would be one huge step close to being a good defense (additional upgrades at the other OLB, CB and S spots would make us a really good D) .

nunusguy
09-14-2006, 06:59 PM
Moulds, Putzier, Payne, Weaver.. we cant give any of these guys up.
I think I now understand why the Broncos let Putzier go his own way, as his
"block" of Kearse came too close to being the offensive version of P-Burnt's infamous "tackle" in the EZ in the Pitt game last year. And rook Daniels is ahead of schedule, so Putzier is now the redundant player at TE IMO with the other youngster Joppru finally ready to perform.
Of those four names, all starters but Putzier, I wouldn't think twice about parting with him, though that's unlikely as he is one of Kubuak's guys from
Denver.

Xman
09-15-2006, 11:46 AM
I posted on the Cards board . . . . and they want Mario, or the 5 I mentioned and a 1st, etc.
I admit us hoping to deal a 3rd or a backup lineman for Dansby is homerism, but their expectation is just as bad.
I just hope our front office, and theirs, could get together and find something that works (maybe a 2nd, Wiegert and another player mentioned would be fair - which means it is more that any Homer would want give up on either side, but it would help both teams in the long run).

It just seems like a waste for them to park him when we could fill some of their holes. And, we fill a big hole by getting him.

mexican_texan
09-15-2006, 12:44 PM
I'd rather get Adrian Wilson.

El Tejano
09-15-2006, 01:14 PM
Who is Adrian Wilson?

mexican_texan
09-15-2006, 01:54 PM
One of the better safeties in the game. #24 for the Cards

El Tejano
09-15-2006, 01:56 PM
That wouldn't be too bad either. They won't trade with us though.

Maddict5
09-15-2006, 02:12 PM
One of the better safeties in the game. #24 for the Cards

try 'One of the best safeties in the game'...polamalu sans the hype-excellent blitzer...god tackler and in coverage