PDA

View Full Version : Foxsport's week one power rankings

texan279
09-13-2006, 02:59 AM
http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings

29. Texans - Should we linger on the whole Reggie Bush/Mario Williams draft thing? Well, we’ve got sixteen more weeks to do that. We’ll let it go for now.

DBCooper
09-13-2006, 09:43 AM
My favorite is:

The rookie didn’t break any big ones on Sunday, but still managed to completely dominate the game.

I don't think it would matter what Bush did, these guys would slobber all over him. Not that he didn't play well, but "completely dominate"?

Reddevil63
09-13-2006, 09:57 AM
How are we behind the Tacks? Last I checked, we lost to a playoff team and they lost to one thats going to have a top 10 pick next year.

Hervoyel
09-13-2006, 10:24 AM
My favorite is:

I don't think it would matter what Bush did, these guys would slobber all over him. Not that he didn't play well, but "completely dominate"?

Well, you have to admit he at least "completely dominated" coverage of the game. That's almost as good right ;)

How are we behind the Tacks? Last I checked, we lost to a playoff team and they lost to one thats going to have a top 10 pick next year.

I think what's really relevent here is that the Miami Dolphins lost to the Steelers and they still sit up there at 15. This is significant because last year Miami was in their first season with a new coach and started the season as a bit of a punching bag. Remember what a joke they were in 2004 after Ricky Williams bailed and everything cratered?

By mid-season however they started winning games and turning the corner. You win and you get the benefit of the doubt. The Texans haven't won but everyone here with a clue probably understands that we'll be much better over the second half of the season than we are in the first half of the season.

That is assuming things go as planned and Kubiak's system/regime/attitude or whatever begins to take root here. If we're in the last few weeks of 2006 and we look lousy then I'm worried. You have to give people time to make changes but you should see signs of those changes in the first year. Maybe not always in the win column but the little things should stand out.

Blake
09-13-2006, 10:29 AM
"completely dominate"? Give me a freaking break! Good Lord....