PDA

View Full Version : Good luck on Sunday!

Colts Addict
09-12-2006, 10:29 PM
I just wanted to come on over here and wish you all the best of luck on Sunday... and I sincerely hope for an injury free game!

RiotCommander
09-12-2006, 10:32 PM
Welcome to the board

Rather surprised to see a Colts fan coming here. I just assumed they would be looking past us. Good to have you here. Just make sure your team doesn't gameplan for us.

Your a Superbowl team right? We went 2-14 last year. No big deal.... Is any of this working?

:fireball:

Colts Addict
09-12-2006, 10:36 PM
Welcome to the board

Rather surprised to see a Colts fan coming here. I just assumed they would be looking past us. Good to have you here. Just make sure your team doesn't gameplan for us.

Your a Superbowl team right? We went 2-14 last year. No big deal.... Is any of this working?

:fireball:

LOL - not one bit! We never look past teams in our division... atleast I don't, but I am not on the field, right?
I try to always make it a point to get over here, before one of our games... I prefer the Texans to the Jags and Titans, any day... your fanbase is a much better one. ;)

WildCat_Texan
09-12-2006, 10:42 PM
That's awesome. Thanks! Good luck, and yes, may there be no injuries this week!

GO TEXANS!

:fans:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-12-2006, 10:45 PM
I just wanted to come on over here and wish you all the best of luck on Sunday... and I sincerely hope for an injury free game!

Deanna, true class act, wish you and the Colts & Fans and healthy season as well.......:francis:

Colts Addict
09-12-2006, 10:45 PM
Thanks.... I expect you guys to beat us by at least 2 touchdowns. That said, u have a problem because you cannot run the ball against good teams. Major Problem

I sincerely expect that to get better... Joseph showed me some things that I really liked. What I am more concerned about is our run D. Granted, we were without Corey Simon on Sunday, but for crying out loud... had they chosen to run the entire game, we would have walked away with a L on that one. I am hoping they will fall into sync here quickly... Hopefully both our new rookies will continue to get better as the season wears on.

TEXANS84
09-12-2006, 11:01 PM
Thanks for coming over.

Hopefully Manning wont exploit our weakness in our secondary (yeah right, who am I fooling?). I'm really looking forward to seeing Mario back on artificial turf. He had the burst when we played against the Rams in the preseason.

BTW, as a Colt fan and obviously a Freeney fan...how did you come around to liking him, and at what point during his rookie season did he start to show signs of signifigant improvement? As I look at his stats, he didn't collect his first sack untill the third game (can you guess who against?). After game 6 it looks as if things started to come around for him. Steadily producing more tackles, and obviously averaging around a sack per game.

Hmm...this may make an interesting topic.....

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2006, 11:57 PM

Have a not-so-great but injury free game!

Colts Addict
09-13-2006, 12:03 AM
Thanks for coming over.

Hopefully Manning wont exploit our weakness in our secondary (yeah right, who am I fooling?). I'm really looking forward to seeing Mario back on artificial turf. He had the burst when we played against the Rams in the preseason.

BTW, as a Colt fan and obviously a Freeney fan...how did you come around to liking him, and at what point during his rookie season did he start to show signs of signifigant improvement? As I look at his stats, he didn't collect his first sack untill the third game (can you guess who against?). After game 6 it looks as if things started to come around for him. Steadily producing more tackles, and obviously averaging around a sack per game.

Hmm...this may make an interesting topic.....

To be honest with you... it has taken me a while to get used to Dungy's system altogether. The smaller, faster, flock to the ball, gang tackling type of style that Dungy likes. I knew Freeney was special when I seen him never give up and keep using different tactics to get to the QB. Because of Freeney, Mathis has become a threat as well. However, if you watch closely... people are starting to figure Freeney out and its slowing him down. The problem with our front four rush on a regular basis, is its either working perfectly or we are in a situation like against NY... when we are so over aggressive, that we actually take ourselves out of the play and they run right past us. But to answer your question... I knew I liked him, when I realized that he doesn't practice much, because of his flat feet... and he doesn't play ever down because of the same reason... but the man never stops coming after the QB... no matter what, he still keeps on coming! :)

El Tejano
09-13-2006, 01:01 PM
Man I hope our running game is working so we can get some play action going against yall.

I thank you for the insight on Freeney. I hope Williams can be something like that.

SheTexan
09-13-2006, 01:42 PM
I'll be in Indy on Sunday Deanna, and also hope to see an injury free game. Along with my friends Pete and Preston, we'll be making some noise for our TEXANS!

Colts Addict
09-13-2006, 01:52 PM
I'll be in Indy on Sunday Deanna, and also hope to see an injury free game. Along with my friends Pete and Preston, we'll be making some noise for our TEXANS!

Well, let me be the first to welcome you to Indy! I hope you get a chance to see some of the city while you are here. The majority of our fanbase are pretty much class acts, however, we do have the occassional drunken ass that likes to start trouble, so I apologize in advance if that happens. Make sure you get around the Dome and do some tailgating, great food and music... and scream loudly, as the Dome will be rocking hard in a sea of blue! :)

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-13-2006, 02:19 PM
It's easy for Colts fans to be nice cause Peyton Manning never gets hurt. As long as they have Peyton they know they will be winners.

I can't wait til he retires, I'm sick of him. Then the Colts fans can return to the real world.

HJam72
09-13-2006, 03:15 PM
Ya notice how nice the Colts fans are to us? That's 'cuz they're gonna split our heads open Sunday and stir up whatever's left in there. :hides:

Malloy
09-13-2006, 04:18 PM
Ya notice how nice the Colts fans are to us? That's 'cuz they're gonna split our heads open Sunday and stir up whatever's left in there. :hides:

I think whatever was in there has been scooped out the past 4 seasons :)

Goldeagle
09-13-2006, 05:05 PM

Yeah cool man, heres to a good game!

flylikeaneagle
09-13-2006, 05:21 PM
Go Texans this Sunday!!!!!!!!!!

Colts Addict
09-13-2006, 05:43 PM
It's easy for Colts fans to be nice cause Peyton Manning never gets hurt. As long as they have Peyton they know they will be winners.

I can't wait til he retires, I'm sick of him. Then the Colts fans can return to the real world.

Leave it to a Titans fan to put in his/her two cents about a game that doesn't involve them. I am sure you are sick of him... if I were you, I imagine I would be sick of him too. However, I won't get into this with you on a Texans board, when I was only trying to show some good sportsmanship with the "Texans" fanbase... if you would like to continue the conversation, I will be more than happy to do so over at the Colts MB.

Oh, and btw... I was already nice and very much living in reality... even prior to Peyton being drafted by the Colts. Imagine that! ;)

BattleRedRaider
09-13-2006, 06:11 PM
Hey, I may not like the Colts too much now, but back on a wonderful day, Sept. 15th, 1996 (in 2 days, it would be 10 years ago! I feel old), the Colts beat the Dallas Cowboys at Texas Stadium.........and I was there!

TexansLucky13
09-13-2006, 06:12 PM
LOL - not one bit! We never look past teams in our division... atleast I don't, but I am not on the field, right?
I try to always make it a point to get over here, before one of our games... I prefer the Texans to the Jags and Titans, any day... your fanbase is a much better one. ;)

The greatest Colts fan in history! I interacted with some Colts fans when I was on the Colts MB about Adam Vinatieri a while back. They seem like a good group of guys.

Oh, and btw... I was already nice and very much living in reality... even prior to Peyton being drafted by the Colts. Imagine that! ;)

I think you wanted Ryan Leaf. :stirpot:

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 06:14 PM
:wild: last year saw an interview Peyton did prior to second game with Texans, they asked if he was looking past the Texans considering their troubles. He said "Did you see score at halftime in our stadium 14-14, there is no way we will ever overlook the Houston Texans"...DARN

Colts Addict
09-13-2006, 06:15 PM
The greatest Colts fan in history! I interacted with some Colts fans when I was on the Colts MB about Adam Vinatieri a while back. They seem like a good group of guys.

And gals! ;) And who is Ryan Leaf again??? hehe

BattleRedRaider
09-13-2006, 06:17 PM
And gals! ;) And who is Ryan Leaf again??? hehe

Ryan Leaf.........Ryan Leaf.....hmm....:hmmm:

Is it just my imagination, or did the Cowboys have this QB on their roster at one point?

TexansLucky13
09-13-2006, 06:18 PM
:wild: last year saw an interview Peyton did prior to second game with Texans, they asked if he was looking past the Texans considering their troubles. He said "Did you see score at halftime in our stadium 14-14, there is no way we will ever overlook the Houston Texans"...DARN

I remember that game specifically, above many others. I remember being there for that one. The stadium was shaking from all the excitement. We had the will.... but for Capers there was no way. Haha. That was also the day I stopped listening to sports radio 610. They ticked me off so bad. All they did was criticize the Texans and they didn't deserve it. Anyone remember that? It was the worst postgame "coverage" I have ever endured.

Texanfan4ever
09-13-2006, 09:33 PM
I remember it. But those guys have just continued to get worse, the 610 guys. I can't even listen to them. it makes you want to go blow somebody's head off.......:hunter: . They are definitely the Reggie and Vince lovers. And guess what, they are not on our team so GET OVER IT!!!!!!

That was an awesome space in time, the 14-14 at halftime against Peyton. That was the year he was coming here to make this "Peyton's Place" and break his touchdown record, or some record, and we stopped him. He was not happy!

That being said, anything can happen. Maybe they will overlook us enough and we will sneak in and "SMOKE EM" ! I AM the eternal optimist....... We will get it figured out and when we do, it will be good.... :redtowel:

FILO_girl
09-13-2006, 10:29 PM
Leave it to a Titans fan to put in his/her two cents about a game that doesn't involve them. I am sure you are sick of him... if I were you, I imagine I would be sick of him too. However, I won't get into this with you on a Texans board, when I was only trying to show some good sportsmanship with the "Texans" fanbase... if you would like to continue the conversation, I will be more than happy to do so over at the Colts MB.

LOL, give both barrels to the tack fan!!! It is cool you are chewing arse very politely. I can't always find that restraint with those guys. :shades:

Thanks for the awesome sportmanship and I too hope we both come away from this injury free. A W for the Texans would be nice though. :)

Colts Addict
09-15-2006, 06:06 PM
LOL, give both barrels to the tack fan!!! It is cool you are chewing arse very politely. I can't always find that restraint with those guys. :shades:

Thanks for the awesome sportmanship and I too hope we both come away from this injury free. A W for the Texans would be nice though. :)

Yeah, well... we deal with it enough on our own MB... I refuse to deal with it on someone else's... However, I can usually be fairly polite with the Titans fans, its the other divisional rivals, I have a hard biting my tongue with. (not mentioning names of course, ahem)

You all have been great... thanks for the welcome to your MB!

colts18288
09-15-2006, 07:08 PM

LOL that is cold man real cold.

Seriously though guys, wish you guys a injury free game and a good season.

underdog65
09-15-2006, 07:21 PM
I would like to see the Colts make the superbowl this year. I believe Peyton deserves it and gets alot of grief over not making it to the superbowl every year. Someone with his talent and ability is rare and combine that with his attitude, makes Peyton one of the truly special players of all time.

texansfanquecaneh
09-15-2006, 09:46 PM

Thank you. You truly have class. So do the Colts fans I know up here as well. Good luck to you too. Looking at last week's defensive stats, it looks like it may be a high scoring game. The Texans need to score often to have a chance. I'm looking forward to Sunday.:tv: :excited:

colts18288
09-15-2006, 09:51 PM
I would like to see the Colts make the superbowl this year. I believe Peyton deserves it and gets alot of grief over not making it to the superbowl every year. Someone with his talent and ability is rare and combine that with his attitude, makes Peyton one of the truly special players of all time.

That is a very appreciated comment, not many fans from other teams have kind words for him. Most people dog him all the time no matter what he does. Your a fan with class:)

txhoosier
09-15-2006, 10:13 PM

Living here in Houston, I like the Texans, but my heart (and Sunday gear) remain Colts Blue and White.

Every year, I treat my Brother In Law (BIG Texans fan)to the Colts/Texans game here at Reliant. I get some heckles, sure...but it's all in good fun. Texans fans are good people, and it's a joy to watch a game with them. The only place I would say is better is in KC, where the fans there actually migrate to the opposing fans and welcome them.

Jacksonville and Tennessee fans are one step above Charger and Raider fans when you are talking about class.

The only thing different this year is that I have Andre Johnson and Kris Brown on my fantasy league. I'm playing both this week, and I even flirted with the idea of adding Wali Lundy, who is still available.

Between rooting for at least (2) Texans on Sunday, and wavering between heading to Gallery Furniture and getting that 60" DLP (just in case the Texans DO win the game)...I would have to say that I am as close to being a traitor as I can be without out and out rooting against the Colts.

Here's to a good game. Should be a shootout.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-15-2006, 10:55 PM
Living here in Houston, I like the Texans, but my heart (and Sunday gear) remain Colts Blue and White.

Every year, I treat my Brother In Law (BIG Texans fan)to the Colts/Texans game here at Reliant. I get some heckles, sure...but it's all in good fun. Texans fans are good people, and it's a joy to watch a game with them. The only place I would say is better is in KC, where the fans there actually migrate to the opposing fans and welcome them.

Jacksonville and Tennessee fans are one step above Charger and Raider fans when you are talking about class.

The only thing different this year is that I have Andre Johnson and Kris Brown on my fantasy league. I'm playing both this week, and I even flirted with the idea of adding Wali Lundy, who is still available.

Between rooting for at least (2) Texans on Sunday, and wavering between heading to Gallery Furniture and getting that 60" DLP (just in case the Texans DO win the game)...I would have to say that I am as close to being a traitor as I can be without out and out rooting against the Colts.

Here's to a good game. Should be a shootout.

Don't take Lundy take Dayne Kubiak has said he will play alot this weekend in Indy. Hope so I picked him up and I'm playing him. Hope the Indy DEF. get the 24 Hour Flu Sat. night so thay can't play Sun. J/K Indy fan J/K.

Texizgreat
09-16-2006, 12:36 AM

This is why I don't hate the Colts. (just wanna beat them) Thanks for stopping by :)

Nbkan
09-16-2006, 05:49 PM

Truly a class fan. I being a good sportsman wish you likewise. May there be a great game on both sides as well as no injuries on either. May the best team on Sunday win.:excited:

Brandon420tx
09-16-2006, 07:09 PM
May Peyton Manning only throw the ball to Reggie Wayne (He's on my Fantasy Team)

and the Texans win

cuppacoffee
09-16-2006, 07:35 PM

Kinda hurts when you have to come back down to earth huh tack fan?..:crying:

Sit back now and enjoy a decade or two of losing bud ball. That's if the old franchising moving fool :worm:.lives that long.

You can't say you weren't warned about this day coming.

:coffee:

Big J
09-16-2006, 07:58 PM
May Peyton Manning only throw the ball to Reggie Wayne (He's on my Fantasy Team)

and the Texans win

Ha. I actually need the Colts D to suck it up so I can win this week and AJ needs to get a TD.

I hope the Texans win tommorow so I can wear my AJ jersey to class on Monday . We have to beat Indy before I graduate from IU!

Hardcore Texan
09-17-2006, 12:05 AM
Yes Peyton is a great QB and Dungy is a classy coach...but I just can't wait until the first W against the Colts. You guys have a well coached team and a lot of talent and maybe if we can knock you off ONCE, we will have arrived. I am hoping for sooner rather than later. (Edit: you will never hear me say this about the Cowboys, Jags, or Titans)

I always tip my hat to a hard fought battle, and always hope for 0 injuries. I hope we get those darn Colts at least once this season, and I hope we play with some FIRE!

South Texan
09-17-2006, 11:01 AM
Nice change with the Colts fans vs. the Eagles and Titans fans. Since I don't expect to see us in the Superbowl this year, best of luck to the Colts, I would love to see someone in our division win the Big One. So you guys do it this year, and in the next year or two we will give it a serious shot.

As far as the Titan Trolls, until they draft a new owner their only real excitement is going to be raising hell on other folks boards. :crying: