PDA

View Full Version : Mathis, Freeney, How many sacks?

thetexanator
09-12-2006, 10:43 PM
carr got sacked what 5 times against the eagles? u guys take the over or under on that? im taking the under, i say he goes down 4 times.

TexansSeminole
09-12-2006, 11:12 PM
I'll put him down twice. I say that Mario has atleast one sack against the Colts.

mexican_texan
09-12-2006, 11:15 PM
I'll say...three. I don't believe Freeney could get past Pitts and a TE to help him block last time out. We now have two TEs that can block and help out our rookie LT. The guy I see having the better stats is Mathis, seeing as how he has Corey Simon right next to him.

gtexan02
09-12-2006, 11:20 PM
Carr will get sacked a lot, but it won't necessarily all be the OLs fault.

They will stuff the run, and take a big lead early, forcing us to go to the air the rest of the game. As a result, Carr attempts 30+ passes and is sacked 4-5 times

928sniper
09-12-2006, 11:20 PM
The Eagles defense is -IMO- vastly superior than the Colts D, so i doubt Carr will be so harried next week.

Also, the Colts O is very one dimensional....but then again, so is the Texans.

dtran04
09-12-2006, 11:21 PM
Colts D-Line also got completely shut out by the Giants so who knows. Obviously it would be a miracle to go without a sack but one can hope for the best.

Kaiser Toro
09-12-2006, 11:23 PM
Per usual when it comes to moments of uncertainty where I am charged to predict the future with a number, I, consequently, defer to the wisdom of Monty Python:

[Holding the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch]

King Arthur: How does it... um... how does it work?

Sir Lancelot: I know not, my liege.

King Arthur: Consult the Book of Armaments.

Brother Maynard: Armaments, chapter two, verses nine through twenty-one.

Cleric: [reading] And Saint Attila raised the hand grenade up on high, saying, "O Lord, bless this thy hand grenade, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the Lord did grin. And the people did feast upon the lambs and sloths, and carp and anchovies, and orangutans and breakfast cereals, and fruit-bats and large chu...

Brother Maynard: Skip a bit, Brother...

Cleric: And the Lord spake, saying, "First shalt thou take out the Holy Pin. Then shalt thou count to three, no more, no less. Three shall be the number thou shalt count, and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither count thou two, excepting that thou then proceed to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the third number, be reached, then lobbest thou thy Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch towards thy foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it.

Brother Maynard: Amen.

All: Amen.

King Arthur: Right. One... two... five.

Galahad: Three, sir.

King Arthur: Three.

texanfan2100
09-13-2006, 10:14 AM
I'll say...three. I don't believe Freeney could get past Pitts and a TE to help him block last time out. We now have two TEs that can block and help out our rookie LT. The guy I see having the better stats is Mathis, seeing as how he has Corey Simon right next to him.

Simon had his knee scoped during the preaseason, and he's been out. He didn't play against the Giants, and probably won't play against the Texans either.

thunderkyss
09-13-2006, 10:29 AM
Carr won't be touched...........

We're going to make the Colts look like a JV team........ a girls JV team.

michaelm
09-13-2006, 10:45 AM
Carr won't be touched...........

We're going to make the Colts look like a JV team........ a girls JV team.

I think I'm starting to feel you TK. Be my friend and pass me whatever your drinking!

powerfuldragon
09-13-2006, 11:06 AM
I think Sherman's working pretty hard on scheming our O-line for the colts game so i'll say 2 +or- 1.

Texans Horror
09-13-2006, 12:07 PM
I'll be the pessimist who takes the high number. Colts get 6 sacks. Texans, 0, but Peyton is hurried several times...

real
09-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I think Meco gets atleast one this week..

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 08:17 PM
carr got sacked what 5 times against the eagles? u guys take the over or under on that? im taking the under, i say he goes down 4 times.

Freeney and Mathis totalled only 3 sacks in 2 games against Texans offensive line in 2005 Freeney got 1 each game and Mathis 1 in 1st game, overall Colts got 8 in 2 games in 2005. so am going with WAY under:ok:

hollywood_texan
09-13-2006, 08:26 PM
I am taking the over.

Kubiak didn't show anything that he will call the right plays to take advantage of those defensive schemes.

Carr will once again be the human pinata.

pittbull
09-13-2006, 08:40 PM
mark my words......Freeney gets no sackes this weekend, especially versus Spencer!!!

AlbinoRat
09-13-2006, 09:52 PM
It breaks my heart to say this, but I think he gets put down 7 times. Four by the Defensive Line, Two by Linebackers, and one by Mike Doss. But I say we still keep it within 21 points, and Carr throws for 250 yards and 2 Touchdowns, due to a sucky running attack again.

F-minus67
09-13-2006, 11:41 PM
http://www.cnn.com/SHOWBIZ/TV/9805/28/hartman.snl/farley.jpg

Freeney=67,303

Mario=1

samomin
09-14-2006, 12:08 AM
I think he only goes down 3 times max (being optimistic). Unless colts have a big lead and we are trying to throw on every down, then my guess is about five. I don't think it will be more than that because our offense in that case won't be on the field that much.

And after last week I am not sure whether our defense will be able to limit the time of possession the colts offense has. I hope Manning sees this :mario: a few times at least.