PDA

View Full Version : Wanna' get angry? Go vote for Demeco and see who's leading Rookie vote

GP
09-12-2006, 08:15 PM
Go vote for Demeco (rookie of the week award) at http://nfl.com/rookies/vote

___________ ___________ leads with 53% (as of Tuesday evening).

Mike Bell ; RB ; Denver Broncos in a close race for second at 16%

Demeco Ryans ; LB ; Houston Texans in a close race for second at 15%

gtexan02
09-12-2006, 08:34 PM
No offense, but the rookie of the week should be the rookie who played the best and made the most impact for his team.

That said, Demeco made a lot of tackles, but didn't relaly have any stand out plays. Also, despite tackling well, the Texans lost. I think the rookie of the week should have been the rookie WR for the Saints that caught the game winning TD

tulexan
09-12-2006, 09:17 PM
Laurence Maroney had a better game than Reggie, why isn't he there?

gtexan02
09-12-2006, 09:18 PM
Cortland Finnegan, Tennessee DB
Recorded five tackles, one sack and one forced fumble in the Titans’ 23-16 loss to the New York Jets. Finnegan’s fourth-quarter sack caused a fumble which was recovered by the Titans and led to their game-tying touchdown to make it 16-16 with just less six minutes left in the game.

I take it back. Despite losing the game, this guy had a helluva game!

Tulip
09-12-2006, 09:24 PM
No offense, but the rookie of the week should be the rookie who played the best and made the most impact for his team.

That said, Demeco made a lot of tackles, but didn't relaly have any stand out plays. Also, despite tackling well, the Texans lost. I think the rookie of the week should have been the rookie WR for the Saints that caught the game winning TD

12 tackles and 1 assist is nothing to sneeze at, and I don't mind supporting my team's player in rookie of the week/rookie of the year voting.

NederlandTexan
09-12-2006, 09:24 PM
Laurence Maroney had a better game than Reggie, why isn't he there?
Because the media only cares about Reggie.

gtexan02
09-12-2006, 09:26 PM
12 tackles and 1 assist is nothing to sneeze at, and I don't mind supporting my team's player in rookie of the week/rookie of the year voting.

As did I, just was saying...

Texans Front Row Crew
09-12-2006, 09:39 PM
As did I, just was saying...

Well, I hope that means that you support DeMeco Ryans. That was an outstanding effort. 12 tackles and 1 assist is a SUPERIOR JOB. There is no reason why we shouldn't be voting for him for Rookie of the week. R. B--h-t did well, and with all the media hype, we will here about his efforts for weeks(good or bad-with spin). Demeco Tackles amost led the league, and is comparible to some well experienced MLB.

J. Vilma, who IMO stole the ROY in '04 started his career with 1 tackle, and two games later (when he started) he had 3 tackles and 5 assists.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493101/gamelogs/2004

VOTE DEMECO!!!! :yahoo:

TFL
09-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Well, I hope that means that you support DeMeco Ryans. That was an outstanding effort. 12 tackles and 1 assist is a SUPERIOR JOB. There is no reason why we shouldn't be voting for him for Rookie of the week. R. B--h-t did well, and with all the media hype, we will here about his efforts for weeks(good or bad-with spin). Demeco Tackles amost led the league, and is comparible to some well experienced MLB.

J. Vilma, who IMO stole the ROY in '94 started his career with 1 tackle, and two games later (when he started) he had 3 tackles and 5 assists.

http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/493101/gamelogs/2004

VOTE DEMECO!!!! :yahoo:

I think you are meaning '04 not '94

Divebomb
09-12-2006, 10:15 PM
DANG that punter avg 51 yards a punt! What a leg!!!!

sk8termom
09-12-2006, 10:23 PM
I voted for DeMeco! He had an outstanding game.

Sportsfan
09-12-2006, 10:30 PM
I'm not suprised, Reggie had a helluva first game.

Carr Bombed
09-12-2006, 10:47 PM
I'm sorry, but in the saying, stats don't mean anything. (the other players on the board). A avg. of 52.6 yards on 5 punts is the biggest stat line I've ever seen on a kicker, especially in a 9-6 game. Just on field position alone this punter (player) had the biggest effect on his team winning the game. There for, just because a punter will never win "rookie of the week" again in my lifetime, I will vote for Ryan Plackemeier.

Any Punter should be lucky to kick a couple of 52 yarders in one season, but a rookie to kick a avg. of 52.6 on 5 kicks in his first game is unheard of.

run-david-run
09-13-2006, 12:50 AM
That is crazy..dang

Anyway, lets do some fun math because im bored
At this pace:
Reggie-976 rushing, 928 receiving (damn!)
DeMeco- 208 tackles (combined them with assists)-(damn!)
Maroney-1440 rushing...

What does this mean? Absoultely nothing, other then the fact I'd rather post on a message board then do homework.

The Dude Abides
09-13-2006, 12:54 AM
Where's Vince? :spy::hides:

gtexan02
09-13-2006, 01:08 AM
Combining the last 2 posts you get.....

Young - 48/64, 432 yards, 0 tds, 16 int

yipes

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-13-2006, 02:05 AM
Not to mention Cortland Finnegan played at a D-IAA school. Pretty impressive for his first NFL game...

SF49erFaithful
09-13-2006, 03:18 AM
I voted for Mike Bell. :howdy:

BTW, am i the only one that noticed this smiley ------>:yap looks a lot like the Canadian people in South Park?

Doom Capers
09-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Reggie will win this like every week just because it is what people want to see.

Mr. White
09-13-2006, 08:48 AM
At least Demeco's the leading defender on here. Hard to compare LB performance to RB performance. Kinda like comparing apples to....nevermind.

Vinny
09-13-2006, 10:35 AM
I'm sorry, but in the saying, stats don't mean anything. (the other players on the board). A avg. of 52.6 yards on 5 punts is the biggest stat line I've ever seen on a kicker, especially in a 9-6 game. Just on field position alone this punter (player) had the biggest effect on his team winning the game. There for, just because a punter will never win "rookie of the week" again in my lifetime, I will vote for Ryan Plackemeier.

Any Punter should be lucky to kick a couple of 52 yarders in one season, but a rookie to kick a avg. of 52.6 on 5 kicks in his first game is unheard of.
you voted for a punter? LOL!

GP
09-13-2006, 10:56 AM
you voted for a punter? LOL!

Don't laugh at him.

I took that punter in the second round of my fantasy league's draft.

:sarcasm:

Texans_Chick
09-13-2006, 11:03 AM
The only issue I have is the write up of what Ryan did.

"Led the Texans with 12 tackles in Houstonís 24-10 loss to the Philadelphia Eagles. Ryan was also credited with an assisted tackle, giving him a total of 13, five more than the nearest Texans defender."

He didn't just lead the Texans in tackles, which is damning him with faint praise. He led the freaking league in solo tackles.

Link to stats (http://www.nfl.com/stats/playersort/NFL/LB-TACKLES/2006/regular)

Vinny
09-13-2006, 11:06 AM
Not to minimize his performance but part of why he had so many tackles was the fact that the offense couldn't sustain drives and left the defense out for so many plays. In football stats don't translate clean like they do in baseball or a few other sports where there are more individual battles.

Bad offense = lots of defensive snaps.
Bad defense = not getting off the field on 3rd down too.

HOU-TEX
09-13-2006, 11:12 AM
Not to minimize his performance but part of why he had so many tackles was the fact that the offense couldn't sustain drives and left the defense out for so many plays. In football stats don't translate clean like they do in baseball or a few other sports where there are more individual battles.

This also had a little to do with the D having more snaps. Horrible!:crying:

3rd-Down Conversions
Phil Hou
8-13 3-11

Texans_Chick
09-13-2006, 11:15 AM

True that, the 3rd downs were painful.

Even so, as a Texans fan I am rather happy that when Ryans tackles someone, they tend to stay tackled. Refreshing.

El Tejano
09-13-2006, 11:51 AM
It was cool having Tom Jackson bring his name up out of nowhere on Sunday.

Sarg01
09-13-2006, 12:27 PM
Demeco Tackles amost led the league, and is comparible to some well experienced MLB.

Actually, according to the stats on nfl.com, DeMeco DID lead the league in unassisted tackles. He's in a three way tie for total tackles at 13, and of course they have him listed 3rd ...

http://www.nfl.com/stats/leaders/NFL/TAC/2006/regular

beerlover
09-13-2006, 12:36 PM
just voted and was flabbergasted at the ability Reggie Bush has to seperate himself from defenders :rofl:

rmartin65
09-13-2006, 02:17 PM

Colsten, from Hofstra.

Demeco looked really good, he should have more votes than he does.

Farough
09-13-2006, 02:20 PM
just voted and was flabbergasted at the ability Reggie Bush has to seperate himself from defenders :rofl:

It's amazing isn't it. Even in polls he is far and away from the competition.

The Pencil Neck
09-13-2006, 11:06 PM
http://nfl.com/rookies/vote

GO VOTE FOR MECO!!!!

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-13-2006, 11:08 PM
Come on People go Vote.......also you might win a chance to go to the superbowl in Miami......get Demeco in there.....he was second to Bush last time I checked, he moved up one......

Ibar_Harry
09-13-2006, 11:17 PM
http://nfl.com/rookies/vote

GO VOTE FOR MECO!!!!

Went there, but there is nothing I can press to vote....

mexican_texan
09-13-2006, 11:26 PM
Ryan Plackemeir punted a hell of a game, but Cortland what's-his-face had a better game for the Tacks.

GP
09-13-2006, 11:27 PM
Went there, but there is nothing I can press to vote....

You have to click VOTE NOW and it takes you to the voting screen.

SAMURAITEXAN
09-14-2006, 03:19 AM
I voted for DeMeco from work and home total 20 times already.

GO TEXANS!!