PDA

View Full Version : DC and the dumpoff

thetexanator
09-12-2006, 04:44 PM
could u guys imagine carr doing his dumpoff's to bush, we coulda had a couple more td's if we had bush against the eagles.:stirpot:

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-12-2006, 04:48 PM
could u guys imagine carr doing his dumpoff's to bush, we coulda had a couple more td's if we had bush against the eagles.:stirpot:

Keep Dreaming and the NO message board is >>>>>>>> that away.

bigTEXan8
09-12-2006, 05:05 PM
blah blah blah blah blah reggie bush is the worlds best blah blah blah blah mario williams sucks...my ears are bleeding.

CarrIsFine
09-12-2006, 05:30 PM
The bottom line is Bush looked like the real deal last Sunday. Texan fans can rationalize and be fine with the #1 pick all day long, but 140 total yards would have helped this team. The guy lined up at WR at least 10 times and looked like he was back in college. These type of posts will not go away, as he is only going to get better.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-12-2006, 05:32 PM
The bottom line is Bush looked like the real deal last Sunday. Texan fans can rationalize and be fine with the #1 pick all day long, but 140 total yards would have helped this team. The guy lined up at WR at least 10 times and looked like he was back in college. These type of posts will not go away, as he is only going to get better.

Only time will tell. All I have to say right now.

run-david-run
09-12-2006, 05:38 PM
4 yards a carry, 6 yards a catch! WOW!!! Wait? No, not against...uhhh, Cleaveland? Holy crap! One of the two teams that we beat last year....we, of the 2-14 record....great

infantrycak
09-12-2006, 05:45 PM
The bottom line is Bush looked like the real deal last Sunday.

Some folks are easily impressed--before Reggie is the "real deal" he needs to beat the contribution of an average to slightly above average rookie RB in the games which got his starting role and first start:

7 carries, 59 yds, 8.5 ypc, 22 long--7 rec. 70 yds
27 carries, 129 yds, 4.8 ypc, 16 long--9 rec. 70 yds

Somehow 14 carries, 61 yds, 4 ypc, 18 long--8 rec. 58 yds just doesn't seem soooo wonderful. Yes he has more upside but he has a lot to prove to show he is the $60 mil man.

bigTEXan8
09-12-2006, 05:49 PM
4 yards a carry, 6 yards a catch! WOW!!! Wait? No, not against...uhhh, Cleaveland? Holy crap! One of the two teams that we beat last year....we, of the 2-14 record....great

thank you...it was cleveland, i mean c'mon. they weren't playin' baltimore or chicago, or another top tier d. bush is good, don't get me wrong, but i expected bush to do good against the browns. williams will be a force, don't worry about it.

Kaiser Toro
09-12-2006, 05:51 PM

I can and that is why we passed on Bush. Who in the world needs a 7 million QB throwing dump offs to an 8 million RB? The TD's Reggie scored in his short NFL career would have helped us on Sunday (since they are easily transfFerable), not to mention the pressure he put on the QB coming off the of the defensive line. :rolleyes:

gg no re
09-12-2006, 05:55 PM
DD averages 8.3 ypc.

The return on investment would yield a loss.

Divebomb
09-12-2006, 06:00 PM
Could you imagine having all the Bush Homers leave the message board, WHAT BLISS that would be.

SESupergenius
09-12-2006, 06:07 PM
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than any Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Now the debate can continue about the Bush vs Mario draft, but please don't deny that Bush is a good prospect. And typically running backs have an easier rookie year than most other positions.

Am I saying that Mario Williams is a bust? No. Am I saying we should have selected Bush instead? No. I was in the trade down camp to get D'Brick or D'Angelo Williams. With D'Brick we still would have our growing pains as well. Bush was the only immediate impact player in the top echelon of the draft however because he plays the RB position, all the other just take time.

Texans86
09-12-2006, 06:18 PM
If Bush continues as his current yards per carry and yards per catch averages, he'll at best be an average runnning back. Maybe slightly above average.

Of course I doubt that happens, much like I doubt Mario continues with two tackles a game and one assist. One game means very little in fro personal stats or else we could pencil in Carr to have 3200 yards right now, with sixteen touchdowns and zero interceptions. Let the players play, please.

Double Barrel
09-12-2006, 06:26 PM
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Now the debate can continue about the Bush vs Mario draft, but please don't deny that Bush is a good prospect. And typically running backs have an easier rookie year than most other positions.

Am I saying that Mario Williams is a bust? No. Am I saying we should have selected Bush instead? No. I was in the trade down camp to get D'Brick or D'Angelo Williams. With D'Brick we still would have our growing pains as well. Bush was the only immediate impact player in the top echelon of the draft however because he plays the RB position, all the other just take time.

Good post, man. I agree.

CarrIsFine
09-12-2006, 06:27 PM
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Good post. I just pointed out that Bush looked good,was lining up at WR and could have helped the Texans. I don't care who he was playing, he was the best player on the field and helped his team win. Bush doesn't have to be the bad guy just because Houston didn't pick him.

infantrycak
09-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent.

He is an excellent prospect. I just think it is ridiculous how anything he does at all is treated like proof of his greatness. Heck folks are manufacturing things to be impressed about adding in punt return yards like that was a big deal. Dude averged 7.3 yds per return--JJ Moses averaged 8.6 yds per return his last year with the Texans. He had a decent game and will undoubtedly have some great games this year--his athleticism lets him really exploit any mistake such as on his 18 yd run last weekend when one defender hit him with his shoulder instead of wrapping up after about 3 yds. That said his performance is this particular game wasn't earth shattering or proof he is worth 50% more than other RB's in the league.

gtexan02
09-12-2006, 07:09 PM
The thing I like most about Bush is his work ethic. Sure he's a showboater, and sure he's a pretty boy, but when it comes down to, he wants to be the very best. That kid is unbelievably motivated.

I'm not saying that Williams isn't, but it does scare me that other posters have said he took plays off in college, and may have that tendency at the pro level.

Tulip
09-12-2006, 09:05 PM
Domanick Davis averaged 6 yards per carry in his first pro game.

No running back is worth #1 money in the NFL today.

BradK10
09-12-2006, 09:24 PM

delete thread ban user

TFL
09-12-2006, 09:29 PM
yeah i also think he could of applied a pass rush and helped in pass coverage also

:sarcasm:

NFLforher
09-12-2006, 09:30 PM

Most certainly.

BattleRedRaider
09-12-2006, 09:32 PM
Aww man, you're right! I mean, all those TD's Reggie Bush got against Cleveland would have surely helped us with the Eagles!

Texanfan4ever
09-13-2006, 12:21 AM

Thank you!!! The voice of reason!!

Texanfan4ever
09-13-2006, 12:25 AM
If Bush continues as his current yards per carry and yards per catch averages, he'll at best be an average runnning back. Maybe slightly above average.

Of course I doubt that happens, much like I doubt Mario continues with two tackles a game and one assist. One game means very little in fro personal stats or else we could pencil in Carr to have 3200 yards right now, with sixteen touchdowns and zero interceptions. Let the players play, please.

Let's not all forget that at the time we passed on Bush and took Mario, we thought we had Dominick. We would have had Dominick on offense and Mario the Beast on Defense. We have some great guys,they are just young. It was still the right decision. It will work!!!

michaelm
09-13-2006, 01:53 AM
Does including Carr in the original post forgive this crap from being moved to the NFL area where it belongs?

What the hell does Reggie Bush have to do with the Houston Texans?

Hey, could u guys imagine carr doing his dumpoffs over D'Brick? :stirpot:

We could've had a few more touchdowns if we had him against the eagles.

I may be frightfully close to being history's first message board serial killer.

DocBar
09-13-2006, 08:13 AM
I'm glad we got to see some WR's actually catching balls downfield and resent a thread devoted to the RB dumpoff that has been the staple of this offense for 4 years. Carr had some pretty nice touches on some deep balls, especially the long one to AJ down the sideline. THAT shows promise and gives me hope. I'm very interested in seeing the changes Kubes installs this week and don't much care for this fantasy garbage of "just think if we had such and such player, we would kick butt". We have the players we will have to watch for the rest of the year, so lets talk about what they're doing right
and what they need to improve on. I hope last week was a fluke and wonder if the eagles might have a top 5 D. They looked awsome up front on both sides of the ball, but the front 7 on D dominated us.

eric138
09-13-2006, 08:45 AM
Let's see:

Bush's team - 326 total yrds, 19 pts.
Eagles - 441 total yrds, 24 pts.

Still a loss. bush is an ain't.

eric138
09-13-2006, 08:54 AM
Let's see another stud stat for the dinomite reggie bush.

Here is a list of all the winners this week with their scores, let's see who bush would have beat.

Atlanta - 20
Baltimore - 27
New England - 19
Cincinatti - 23
St Louis - 18
NY Jets - 23
Phili - 24
Seattle - 9
Chicago - 26
Jacksonville - 24
Arizona - 34
Indi - 26
Minnesota - 19
San Diego - 27

real
09-13-2006, 09:05 AM
Let's see another stud stat for the dinomite reggie bush.

Here is a list of all the winners this week with their scores, let's see who bush would have beat.

Atlanta - 20
Baltimore - 27
New England - 19
Cincinatti - 23
St Louis - 18
NY Jets - 23
Phili - 24
Seattle - 9
Chicago - 26
Jacksonville - 24
Arizona - 34
Indi - 26
Minnesota - 19
San Diego - 27

When will it stop...this is so silly, for so many reasons...

Mr. White
09-13-2006, 09:10 AM
delete thread ban user

Better yet, I'd kinda like to see all these lame threads get merged into one super-lame thread.

thunderkyss
09-13-2006, 10:20 AM
Come on now, there is a reason Reggie Bush was selected so high, the guy does have talent. There is no doubt he would have helped us out on Sunday because A) He is better than any RB we had on Sunday. B) He is better than any Kick Returner we had on Sunday.

Did you watch the game?? The runningbacks weren't the problem.... the OL, and the Eagles DL was the problem. We couldn't open any wholes, and when we did get a crease, Philly had a LB waiting for us. We said their LBs were a weakness going into the game...... I don't believe that is true anymore, and I bet there stats at the end of the year will reflect that.

& I don't recall Reggie making anyone miss on Sunday......

& if you think the Saints would have lost that game if they passed on Reggie, you've smoked too much crack. Donte Torched us & he would've torched the Browns....... & Duece would have racked up 135 yards............

they might have won by a bigger margin without Reggie.

real
09-13-2006, 10:35 AM
& I don't recall Reggie making anyone miss on Sunday......

& if you think the Saints would have lost that game if they passed on Reggie, you've smoked too much crack. Donte Torched us & he would've torched the Browns....... & Duece would have racked up 135 yards............

they might have won by a bigger margin without Reggie.

oooohhh....TKyss...You need to re-watch that Game...Reggie had a couple plays where he made people miss...He had one run right up the gut for 12 yards where he made people miss, and broke some tackles...

Im not saying they would have lost without Reggie but throughout the course of the season he is going to help them tremendously....He takes pressure off of the recievers and the running backs...Joe Horn, Duece, and Reggie in the game at the same time is scary....any way you spin it...

And they definitely wouldn't have won by a bigger margin...They didn't overuse him..they used him just enough.....Reggie got 150 all purpose and I don't even think that was anything close to what he's capable of...look for RB to get offensive rookie of the year...he has a lot more 150+ all purpose games to come...

thunderkyss
09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
oooohhh....TKyss...You need to re-watch that Game...Reggie had a couple plays where he made people miss...He had one run right up the gut for 12 yards where he made people miss, and broke some tackles...

Im not saying they would have lost without Reggie but throughout the course of the season he is going to help them tremendously....He takes pressure off of the recievers and the running backs...Joe Horn, Duece, and Reggie in the game at the same time is scary....any way you spin it...

And they definitely wouldn't have won by a bigger margin...They didn't overuse him..they used him just enough.....Reggie got 150 all purpose and I don't even think that was anything close to what he's capable of...look for RB to get offensive rookie of the year...he has a lot more 150+ all purpose games to come...

I can't watch it again.... unless they NFL replay it again...

& I'm saying if they'd have passed on Reggie, they most likely would have kept Stallworth. If he had a game similar to what he had against us, that would've been 140 yards & a touchdown. Duece would have got more carries, and 150 yards or so(more in line with a $50 million runningback), and there would be no added pressure on the QB, JoeHorn, or Duece.

& I remember when Marshall Faulk was Marshall Faulk, 150 yards was the norm for him, and any elite running back..... 200 yards was special.

& I'm not saying he isn't going to be good, and do his thing in the NFL, I'm saying we didn't need him, & the Saints didn't need him. He will only take carries, yards, and TDs away from others on the team who could just as easily get those carries, yards and TDs.....

The #2 reciever in N.O. got 945 recieving yards, and 7 touchdowns last year. How many will the #2 reciever get now??

Duece McAllister needs to get at least 1400 yards, and 10 touchdowns to earn his money....... having Reggie around, do you think that's going to happen??

Reggie should have gone to a team that didn't have a $50 million running back, and two WRs..... a place like Philly, or SF, or GB....... he would make a bigger, real impact on those teams, because they have no one to get that kind of production.

Now....... Philly was able to move Stallworth, because having Reggie afforded them that luxury...... but they traded away their youth..... their young rising star reciever, so they could get a linebacker to help their team. Which is fine and good. So Reggie is a better fit now. But trading Stallworth might come back to bite them in the butt.

real
09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I

Reggie should have gone to a team that didn't have a $50 million running back, and two WRs..... a place like Philly, or SF, or GB....... he would make a bigger, real impact on those teams, because they have no one to get that kind of production.

Now....... Philly was able to move Stallworth, because having Reggie afforded them that luxury...... but they traded away their youth..... their young rising star reciever, so they could get a linebacker to help their team. Which is fine and good. So Reggie is a better fit now. But trading Stallworth might come back to bite them in the butt.

Thats true..those teams needed him a lot more than New Orleans did...but...I don't quite understand your logic behind taking yards and touchdowns away...That would be fine if you assumed N.O was going to have the exact same production that they had last year...but why would you assume that..?? He may take some touches away from some people, but if he is doing more with his touches than they are doing with theirs then thats on them...I admit that they should have kept stallworth, but thats another discussion....IMO, reggie is in the perfect situation...experienced QB, Stud RB to carry most of the load...What would you rather have...one RB with 1400 yards rushing...or two running backs one with 1200 and the other 900...not to mention what he brings to the passing game, and special teams...

BigBull17
09-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Aww man, you're right! I mean, all those TD's Reggie Bush got against Cleveland would have surely helped us with the Eagles!

Yeah, cause then the score would have been......24-10...Doh. Im tired of all the BS. We played a bonafied SB contendee, N.O played a bonnafied #1 pick contendee. Call me when they play their division games. Thats when he earns his paycheck.

thunderkyss
09-13-2006, 12:36 PM
Thats true..those teams needed him a lot more than New Orleans did...but...I don't quite understand your logic behind taking yards and touchdowns away...That would be fine if you assumed N.O was going to have the exact same production that they had last year...but why would you assume that..??

My assumption is that the N.O. Saints lost a lot of games because of the effect Katrina had on their homes, their community, and their Stadium. & Duece was hurt most of last year. I would expect 1400 yards from Duece, I would expect Stallworth's numbers to be better and I would expect JoeHorns numbers to be back where they normally are.

He may take some touches away from some people, but if he is doing more with his touches than they are doing with theirs then thats on them...

you're right, he could be getting AntowainSmith's touches and whoever their third reciever would/should be... who knows??

I admit that they should have kept stallworth, but thats another discussion....IMO, reggie is in the perfect situation...experienced QB, Stud RB to carry most of the load...

I can't imagine taking a guy in the top 10 who isn't expected to be that guy.

What would you rather have...one RB with 1400 yards rushing...or two running backs one with 1200 and the other 900...not to mention what he brings to the passing game, and special teams...

@ $50 million a pop, just give me the guy who gets 1400..... I'll sign two guys at the league minimum to get me 450 apiece.

& special teams......... N.O. is going to look real stupid if Reggie goes out for the season like Roc Alexander.

real
09-13-2006, 12:53 PM
I can't imagine taking a guy in the top 10 who isn't expected to be that guy.

You can't imagine taking any position or just RB??...because right now Bush has probably been the most produtive of the top ten picks...Is Mario "that guy" ? what about Vernon Davis ?...Reggie isn't "that guy" this year but neither are any of the other top ten...

@ $50 million a pop, just give me the guy who gets 1400..... I'll sign two guys at the league minimum to get me 450 apiece.

You watched the game right ?....You've watched Reggie in college right ? ...No matteer how you spin it Reggie is going to be worth the 50Mil...he may or may not have been able to line up and get 1400 hundred this year if he was the featured back..we'll never know, but that sounds more like a case to get rid of Duece rather than not picking Bush...because you could have a thomas Jones type Back to Carry the load and he could atleast get you 1100/season...

& special teams......... N.O. is going to look real stupid if Reggie goes out for the season like Roc Alexander.

yeah...but ish happens...He could get in a car accident and be gone for the season...I know by him being on punt return puts him at risk..but he's gotta earn his check right ? Bush needs to get atleast 20-25 touches a game..he is an offensive weapon and IMO, there really haven't been many like him...he is a different breed...I don't ever see him being the back that carries the ball 25-30 times a game....I happen to think what he brings is worth what they payed for him...He is like the offenses version of Deion Sanders...must be accounted for..even as a rookie...In the pre-season Bush was kind of held in check, and thats only because the defenses were keying on him...Peyton is a good coach and I think he will use Bush in the correct way, and I think he will have a monster impact on their season...

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 12:58 PM

IF Reggie so $#%& Good why did they have to keep saying 141 total yards...that means he SUCKED at running, which is what YOU claim he is so superior at...

Reggie Bush is AVERAGE...he is not an everydown RB, he has to use gadgets because if he lines up in backfield only he HOOVERS:brickwall

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-13-2006, 01:08 PM
Reggie Bush is AVERAGE...he is not an everydown RB, he has to use gadgets because if he lines up in backfield only he HOOVERS:brickwall[/QUOTE]

This is a once in a lifetime back at least give him credit, even though we don't have him, there is no reason to knock him for his God gifted talent that he brings to the field every Sunday !:redtowel:

real
09-13-2006, 01:08 PM
IF Reggie so $#%& Good why did they have to keep saying 141 total yards...that means he SUCKED at running, which is what YOU claim he is so superior at...

Reggie Bush is AVERAGE...he is not an everydown RB, he has to use gadgets because if he lines up in backfield only he HOOVERS:brickwall

He averaged 4.4 yards a carry...if he carries it twenty times thats almost 90 yards....

He's not an everydown back because he also plays reciever and punt returns...

If he is average then our backs are putrid...

Double Barrel
09-13-2006, 01:25 PM

The last rookie RB to make his NFL debut with that kind of total yards was Marcus Allen in 1982. That is elite company to keep for your first pro game.

Bush is going to be a great player. We've got to get over ourselves and deal with the reality.

I, for one, am looking forward to watching him play and develop. Maybe he'll help get the Saints over the hump. Why hate on someone just because our FO chose someone else? It's not his fault, and there is definitely nothing wrong with football fans getting excited about a great player. It is entertainment, after all.

HOU-TEX
09-13-2006, 02:14 PM
The last rookie RB to make his NFL debut with that kind of total yards was Marcus Allen in 1982. That is elite company to keep for your first pro game.

Bush is going to be a great player. We've got to get over ourselves and deal with the reality.

I, for one, am looking forward to watching him play and develop. Maybe he'll help get the Saints over the hump. Why hate on someone just because our FO chose someone else? It's not his fault, and there is definitely nothing wrong with football fans getting excited about a great player. It is entertainment, after all.

I agree with you. Personally, I'm just tired of seeing 50% of the MB threads turn into Bush over Mario threads. Why people insist on whining over not taking him in the draft is beyond me. It's over, there's nothing we can do about it. Either move on and support OUR TEXANS. Or find the MB that fits your fancy. He'll be a good player, period. All the talk about him should be in the NFL forum. Not here in the BP (Texans forum).:spy:

Double Barrel, this was not a negative post towards you. I was agreeing with you. I have a strange feeling you feel the same.:shades:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-13-2006, 02:18 PM
[QUOTE=HOU-TEX]I agree with you. Personally, I'm just tired of seeing 50% of the MB threads turn into Bush over Mario threads. Why people insist on whining over not taking him in the draft is beyond me. It's over, there's nothing we can do about it. Either move on and support OUR TEXANS. Or find the MB that fits your fancy. He'll be a good player, period. All the talk about him should be in the NFL forum. Not here in the BP (Texans forum).:spy:

Highly Agree HOU-TEX........:redtowel:

eric138
09-15-2006, 08:19 AM
I don't think fans here originally started hating on Bush. I think it was the haters that were pissed off because we chose Mario instead of Bush and the repeated negative insults from these people flamed the retaliation on Bush.

I feel Bush did good but not great. If he would have had another 30 or more yards on his running game plus the catches he would of had a great game.
Right now Williams and Bush are rookies and are learning how to use their skills in the NFL. Unfortunately for us Bush can break a 15 yrd run and he will have the spotlight but until Williams gets 3 sacks in a game we won't see the light.. but that will happen this weekend on Payton :)