PDA

View Full Version : J.J Arrington

Texas
09-12-2006, 03:03 PM
Any chance we could possibly trade a 2nd rd pick or something to the cardinals for J.J Arrington? We really need a "starting" HB that can handle and since they now have Edge James I think they may be open for trade talks?

real
09-12-2006, 03:06 PM
Any chance we could possibly trade a 2nd rd pick or something to the cardinals for J.J Arrington? We really need a "starting" HB that can handle and since they now have Edge James I think they may be open for trade talks?

I don't think they'd trade him.:twocents:

texan279
09-12-2006, 03:08 PM
A 2nd? I'd offer no more than a 6th. :twocents: But then again I would have started Morency in the 1st game of the regular season so who knows.

TexanSam
09-12-2006, 03:09 PM
I don't know if he's worth that. The Cardinals didn't have any running back go over 100 yards in a game last season.

Texas
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
A 3rd he deserves. J.J. was always a rookie last year...I think he would be worth it...

painekiller
09-12-2006, 03:18 PM
Go get a young Jim Brown, it just would not have mattered. The RB was not the main problem. It was a great defensive scheme by a great DC, against a OL that has not completely learned how to utilize the zone blocking scheme.

Will all you Chicken Littles go back inside and wait a until after the break. Many teams OL have troubles the first week. It takes time to learn this offense. :chicken:

texan279
09-12-2006, 03:23 PM
A 3rd he deserves. J.J. was always a rookie last year...I think he would be worth it...

A 3rd for a guy who has done nothing in the NFL when teams won't give up a 4th round pick for guys like Edge James and Shaun Alexander?

dat_boy_yec
09-12-2006, 06:39 PM
You know who I wouldn't mind getting, Michael Turner. He doesn't get much attention because he plays behind LT, but the guy looks like the real deal and runs aggressively. I think he would fit right in.

Kaiser Toro
09-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Newsflash: Texans have played one game in a sixteen game season. No need to mortgage the future for more unproven players. Let's see what we have got over the course of the year. This is not Fantasy Football where you can find waiver wire players or make trades over a "feel" to position yourself for the money round. 2007 is the year.

sprtsfanatic
09-12-2006, 06:52 PM
Newsflash: Texans have played one game in a sixteen game season. No need to mortgage the future for more unproven players. Let's see what we have got over the course of the year. This is not Fantasy Football where you can find waiver wire players or make trades over a "feel" to position yourself for the money round. 2007 is the year.

excellent post...lets let this team adjust and if we start out 0-5 or so.....then look to make drastic changes at the positions that are not playing to their contracts

gtexan02
09-12-2006, 06:58 PM
Not 0-5. Wait until we're 0-10 or so.

At 0-5 we would only have lost to:
Philly
Cowboys
Indy
Washington
Miami

All legitimate playoff/superbowl teams.

tburdette
09-14-2006, 04:26 PM
I would never give up a 2nd for Arrington. I would maybe go with a 5 or 6 but never a 2nd.