PDA

View Full Version : John "I Hate The Texans" McClain Hegative reporting

BigDTexansFan
09-11-2006, 08:00 PM
I found these 2 on KFFL.com

Texans | Carr sacked yet again
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:11:05 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans QB David Carr was sacked five times Week 1, versus the Philadelphia Eagles. Carr also threw for 208 yards and one touchdown on 18 of 27 passing.

Texans | Running game struggles in loss
Sun, 10 Sep 2006 19:09:39 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports Houston Texans RB Wali Lundy and RB Vernand Morency combined for only 45 yards on 16 carries Week 1, versus the Philadelphia Eagles.

Sad that he has such a man crush on VY/RB, that he says oh yeah almost forgot DC had 208 yards and 1 TD no INTs AND QB rating of 102.1...guess he didn't want to seem like he really is....JERK!!!:challenge

travfrancis
09-11-2006, 08:06 PM
I'm amazed at the e-mails I received during and after the game criticizing David Carr. Were we watching the same game? Carr was getting bombarded from every direction, including pass rushers harassing him untouched, and I thought he played one of his best games. He was 18-of-27 for 208 yards and a 25-yard touchdown to Eric Moulds. Carr didn't throw an interception. He didn't lose a fumble. His passer rating was 102.1. Seeing Carr with a triple-digit rating is almost shocking.

I'm not saying Carr played great because he didn't. I'm just saying for anyone who knows anything about football, he looked a lot better than last season. He got the ball off quick, and, for the most part, he was on target. There's not a quarterback in the NFL who could have thrown a more perfect pass than the 44-yarder he laid in perfectly to Andre Johnson.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/

Grid
09-11-2006, 08:06 PM
im not seeing it.. sounds like hes reporting the truth to me. Now if he was reporting that Mario Williams was a bust, or we should have taken Bush, or if he said that Carr was terrible, or ...well..anything along those lines.. id agree with ya.

But..hes basicly just said the truth..Carr got sacked too many times, again, and our running game was shut down hardcore.

valleytexfan
09-11-2006, 08:27 PM
Simply put, I AM SICK OF JOHN MCCLAIN.

TEXANS84
09-11-2006, 08:51 PM
Like Grid said, he's reporting the truth. He is the reporter.

What else was he supposed to say? "David Carr had the prettiest 5 sack performance up to date, and surpased the 2002 San Diego game in the rankings"?

Txn_in_Oki
09-11-2006, 09:07 PM
Shipleys | Glazed Are Going, Going, Gone
Mon, 11 Sep 2006 19:11:05 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that Shipley's Donuts, in conjunction with the Houston Texans, will be giving away free, yes FREE glazed donuts in direct proportion to how many times John McClain mentions Reggie Bush or Vince Young in this seasons upcoming sports pages.

---------------------------

Damn I wish I was in Houston.

Mmmmm.... Shipley's...

Honch Delgado
09-11-2006, 09:11 PM
Go to the Houston Chronicle and click on some of McClain's stuff. It's pretty much the same thing being repeated here. The running game sucked, the defense sucked, Mario Williams was invisible, and Carr was sacked 5 times. He's just speaking the truth. Where are you super passionate fans during the game? I watched it from start to finish and the crowd noise was lousy.

Houston_Fanatic
09-11-2006, 09:47 PM
Yeah, he's reporting the facts, but he is putting a very negative spin on it. We don't need lip gloss on a pig, but we get enough negative crap from ESPN, thankyouverymuch.

Mr. B
09-11-2006, 09:51 PM
Well on 610 this morning he gave Carr his kudos. But man between John/Lance/John all you heard was RB, RB, RB. Sheesh it was actually irratating. I don't have anything against him and think he will be a good back but people are taking this a bit far.

RB had a nice game but you would have thought he ran for 300, caught for 200 and returned 100. Plus it was stinkin Cleveland. Seemed like they kept trying to say without saying it that the Texans screwed up and should have taken Bush to start that mess all over again.

Thing is I like Lance on the morning show but this morning he had his wanker on Bush so bad. He even stated something to the fact that RB is already hands down the Rookie of the year and second coming of Barry Sanders. Hell guess no one else should bother trying to be Rookie of the year cause between these guys and Rome its RB locked up already after a nothing so special game.

They didn't have to much to say about there boy VY though.

powerfuldragon
09-11-2006, 10:28 PM
i don't respect him too much, but i understand that he's just trying to earn a living.

Divebomb
09-11-2006, 11:53 PM
News Flash, John McClain has recently been seen taking Female Hormones for his upcomming role in "The B!T@H". Its a story about a big mouth reporter who talkes nonstop about himself on radio interviews. The character realizes all he is good at is talking crap about the city he works in, and kissing the ***** of every northern based media personell, that he finds himself sinking further and further into disregard by the people in the community. After seeing the whopping 3 seconds of fame in Invincible, and reading his B.S. sports reviews, hollywood knew they found the perfect homer for the job.

Snapple
09-12-2006, 12:01 AM
If you consider the facts too harsh, then shut yourself off from any and all media. Nobody is going to sugarcoat how bad the performance was.

Koolbrz
09-12-2006, 12:12 AM
Well on 610 this morning he gave Carr his kudos. But man between John/Lance/John all you heard was RB, RB, RB. Sheesh it was actually irratating. I don't have anything against him and think he will be a good back but people are taking this a bit far.

RB had a nice game but you would have thought he ran for 300, caught for 200 and returned 100. Plus it was stinkin Cleveland. Seemed like they kept trying to say without saying it that the Texans screwed up and should have taken Bush to start that mess all over again.

Thing is I like Lance on the morning show but this morning he had his wanker on Bush so bad. He even stated something to the fact that RB is already hands down the Rookie of the year and second coming of Barry Sanders. Hell guess no one else should bother trying to be Rookie of the year cause between these guys and Rome its RB locked up already after a nothing so special game.

They didn't have to much to say about there boy VY though.

I hate to say this, but i would rather have a 140+ all purpose yd. game from Bush than nothing from Williams. I have said it all along~~This was and will always be the worst pick in Texans History. Its like going to the track in a Vette with a Beetle engine. Man, he looked bad out there...there was even one instance were he bounced off Westbrook or maybe it was his back up, if i'm not mistaking, and fell to the ground. Hell, he should have killed that little back in my opinion. By the way Bush will be Rookie of the yr. Sorry dude just call em like i see em.

Double Barrel
09-12-2006, 12:25 AM
I don't see the spin. McClain is just reporting the facts. 5 sacks are an issue because it's always been an issue with this team.

As far as Carr's individual stats...so what. We only scored 10 points (all in the first half) and had the ball 9 minutes on offense in the second half. I'm not sure how much of a headline of "Carr Did Not Turnover the Ball" is, to be honest (unless it's "Dog Bites Man" in this town).

He could have said our running game was pathetic, and it would still be factual. But it seems like a pretty dry news account to me.

The Pencil Neck
09-12-2006, 01:03 AM
Damn I wish I was in Houston.

Mmmmm.... Shipley's...

o u bastid...

shiiiiippppppllllleeeeeeyyyyyy's.

TexasJedi
09-12-2006, 02:53 AM
I hate to say this, but i would rather have a 140+ all purpose yd. game from Bush than nothing from Williams. I have said it all along~~This was and will always be the worst pick in Texans History. Its like going to the track in a Vette with a Beetle engine. Man, he looked bad out there...there was even one instance were he bounced off Westbrook or maybe it was his back up, if i'm not mistaking, and fell to the ground. Hell, he should have killed that little back in my opinion. By the way Bush will be Rookie of the yr. Sorry dude just call em like i see em.
I agree Mario did not look good, or the defense as whole for that matter. The back who shed his tackle, and that's how I would describe it, was Buckhalter. He did not bounce off, he tried to tackle him from behind, Buckhalter kept his legs moving and Mario lost his grip I guess. My point is that he did not really bounce off in the sense that somone like Earl Campbell did not put his helmet through Mario's chest.

Sportsfan
09-12-2006, 09:06 AM
I like McClain. Don't always agree w/his bold predictions but the man knows almost everybody in the NFL and is a very professional reporter w/very good and accurate information. The way he interprets it, i don't always agree with though. But still I have great respect for what he does and appreciate it.

jerek
09-12-2006, 09:37 AM
I'm not always (not usually) a fan of McClain's work but IMO these latest blog entries are pretty accurate.

Rightnow
09-12-2006, 09:43 AM
I didn't agree with him about VY but he was spot on about the Texans this week. After the first 1 1/2 quarters they looked pathetic and became the 2005 Texans. I thought for a minute they'd pan to the sidelines and Dom would be standing there open-mouthed.

I wonder how many years it will be before the Texans have an offense that can protect a QB. Whether it is Carr, Sage or a new draft pick this is getting totally out of hand. How many more teams this year will simply pin their ears back and blitz until David is in the hospital? New coaches, some new players, new scheme, same results. I have to say that I'm sick of it.

geofb
09-12-2006, 09:51 AM

Indeed. Can't stand the tub of lard.

beerlover
baseless, fabricated lies if you blame the messenger & not the message contact him directly don't be a ***** :sos:

HOU-TEX
I didn't agree with him about VY but he was spot on about the Texans this week. After the first 1 1/2 quarters they looked pathetic and became the 2005 Texans. I thought for a minute they'd pan to the sidelines and Dom would be standing there open-mouthed.

I wonder how many years it will be before the Texans have an offense that can protect a QB. Whether it is Carr, Sage or a new draft pick this is getting totally out of hand. How many more teams this year will simply pin their ears back and blitz until David is in the hospital? New coaches, some new players, new scheme, same results. I have to say that I'm sick of it.

Every team we play is going to rush, blitz and do whatever they need to do in order to get to Carr. Until the Texans pick up the blitz correctly, why wouldn't they.:hides:

Porky
09-12-2006, 10:10 AM
I hate it when Mcclain is so negative. Get a load of more of his negativity from KFFL:

Earth | Sun rises yet again

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that the sun rose in the East and set in West on Sunday Sept. 10th

Earth | Climate Phenonom

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that it was colder in Nome, Alaska, that at the Equator in South America on Sunday Sept 10th.

Calender | Strange report

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that Tuesday has come before Thursday every week this year.

Earth | The edge of wetness

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that when it is raining, and people are standing outside, they tend to get wet.

Sportsfan
09-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Indeed. Can't stand the tub of lard.

Real mature there.

TEXANS84
09-12-2006, 11:24 AM
Porky just had the post of the year.

dtran04
09-12-2006, 11:25 AM
Imagine if his boy Vince would have had an average day.....

AustinJB
09-12-2006, 11:31 AM
I hate it when Mcclain is so negative. Get a load of more of his negativity from KFFL:

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that the sun rose in the East and set in West on Sunday Sept. 10th

Earth | Climate Phenonom

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that it was colder in Nome, Alaska, that at the Equator in South America on Sunday Sept 10th.

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that Tuesday has come before Thursday every week this year.

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports that when it is raining, and people are standing outside, they tend to get wet.

LMAO:bananasplit:

Double Barrel
09-12-2006, 11:39 AM

McClain is obviously a weather-hater. He's probably the number one reason why Reliant has a retractable roof. I'm amazed at his influence in this city, and he needs to be more careful with his power. We could have been sitting in the hot sun all this time if not for his rain-hatin' spin.

BigDTexansFan
09-12-2006, 12:06 PM
If you consider the facts too harsh, then shut yourself off from any and all media. Nobody is going to sugarcoat how bad the performance was.

BS we know ESPN and rest of idiots will not give Texans ANY respect, but you would expect a modicum of positive. Did we do great.......NO did we WIN...NO. BUT Carr had one of his best games compared to 2005 so why not say we gave up 5 sacks but Carr showed some of what Kubiak saw in him when intereviewed for job. McClain would kiss RB/VY butt then to be positive about Texans...can we trade him to Tennessean for a copy machine and a #2 pencil and copy machine doesn't have to work:crutch:

Porky
09-12-2006, 12:44 PM
BS we know ESPN and rest of idiots will not give Texans ANY respect, but you would expect a modicum of positive. Did we do great.......NO did we WIN...NO. BUT Carr had one of his best games compared to 2005 so why not say we gave up 5 sacks but Carr showed some of what Kubiak saw in him when intereviewed for job. McClain would kiss RB/VY butt then to be positive about Texans...can we trade him to Tennessean for a copy machine and a #2 pencil and copy machine doesn't have to work:crutch:

Open mouth, insert foot -

From John McClain:
I'm amazed at the e-mails I received during and after the game criticizing David Carr. Were we watching the same game? Carr was getting bombarded from every direction, including pass rushers harassing him untouched, and I thought he played one of his best games. He was 18-of-27 for 208 yards and a 25-yard touchdown to Eric Moulds. Carr didn't throw an interception. He didn't lose a fumble. His passer rating was 102.1. Seeing Carr with a triple-digit rating is almost shocking.

I'm not saying Carr played great because he didn't. I'm just saying for anyone who knows anything about football, he looked a lot better than last season. He got the ball off quick, and, for the most part, he was on target. There's not a quarterback in the NFL who could have thrown a more perfect pass than the 44-yarder he laid in perfectly to Andre Johnson.

http://blogs.chron.com/nfl/2006/09/a_lot_not_to_like_about_the_te_1.html

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 11:51 AM
John "The Wizard" McClain says no chance for Texans to beat colts

Texans | Fast fact: Team can't beat Colts
Tue, 12 Sep 2006 13:13:23 -0700

John McClain, of the Houston Chronicle, reports the Houston Texans are 0-8 lifetime versus the Indianapolis Colts. :chicken:

Nawzer
09-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Well it is a fact until proven otherwise.

Reddevil63
09-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Man, he always has the inside scoop, I wonder what anonymus source gave him the tid bit of info.

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 12:02 PM
Man, he always has the inside scoop, I wonder what anonymus source gave him the tid bit of info.

he went to www.houstontexans.com and looked under HISTORY, found Texans vs Colts, then took out pocket calculator and took off shoes and counted to 8..(OK he counted tens toes subtracted 2 feet on calculator and got 8):yahoo:

Vinny
09-13-2006, 12:07 PM
This JM bashing is getting pretty old...he gets a bad rap around here.

I merged this with your other "bash McClain" thread.

hot pickle
09-13-2006, 12:13 PM

Earth | Climate Phenonom

lol, those are good reports :ok:

Double Barrel
09-13-2006, 12:18 PM
This JM bashing is getting pretty old...he gets a bad rap around here.

I merged this with your other "bash McClain" thread.

Yeah, sad part is he gets bashed for reporting facts. It would be one thing if it was all opinion, but geesh, don't kill the messenger when he shows up with a message of factual data.

I think a lot of bitterness and hostility comes from being a fan of a 19-45 team. That is a whole lotta' losing to absorb, and it is going to be regurgitated towards the nearest target...John McClain in this case.

Dread-Head
09-13-2006, 12:25 PM
I like McCain. I don't always AGREE with him...but I like him. Then man nominated my favorite player of all time (Warren Moon #1) to the hall of fame and for that he's a class act in my book.

DH

El Tejano
09-13-2006, 12:34 PM
You forgot the one where he reported that the first letter in The Texans name is a T.

I did like the article that mentioned how Mcnair is selling the team. He pretty much let the folks who think the sky is falling know that they are jumping to conclusions way to fast.

real
09-13-2006, 12:36 PM
I like McClain...He seems to have an inside track on whats going on; not just with the Texans but the NFL in general...

Vinny
09-13-2006, 12:39 PM
You forgot the one where he reported that the first letter in The Texans name is a T.

I did like the article that mentioned how Mcnair is selling the team. He pretty much let the folks who think the sky is falling know that they are jumping to conclusions way to fast.You have to turn your sarcasm meter on. Some people don't own one though.

Mr. White
09-13-2006, 12:43 PM
I like McClain also. Sometimes these guys try to sensationalize stories (Justice and Lopez) but I don't think that he really does.

He's pretty well connected and gets lots of good info. I also respect the fact that he's as accessible as he is. It seems like he's pretty good at replying to emails.

Double Barrel
09-13-2006, 02:52 PM

I did like the article that mentioned how Mcnair is selling the team. He pretty much let the folks who think the sky is falling know that they are jumping to conclusions way to fast.

yeah, my dad was griping about that article this morning. But he dislikes McClain anyway, so it really wouldn't matter what he wrote. If you have a preconception, nothing is going to change it.

JDizzle
09-13-2006, 03:22 PM
Saw this McLain article today on the Chronicle's website. I've felt his blogs and whatnot were a bit dry and not very colorful, but I actually got a good chuckle out of this.

OK, Texans fans. Your wishes are my commands.

This week, owner Bob McNair will sell the team to someone who actually cares about winning.

Before McNair's news conference to announce he's selling the team, he will confess that after one game he has already figured out that the Texans made a horrible mistake by drafting defensive end Mario Williams over running back Reggie Bush.

McNair feels your pain. He'll beg your forgiveness. He'll admit, after one game, that he went brain-dead and bypassed Bush, who had the greatest first-game performance of any rookie in any sport in history, for Williams, who's already guaranteed of being a bigger bust than Ryan Leaf.

Other than selling the team, McNair isn't quite sure what the fans want him to do for allowing his new coach, Gary Kubiak, to make such a horrendous personnel decision.

To make it up to all those knowledgeable Texans fans who are justifiably outraged at the 0-1 record and Williams' inexcusable lack of sacks in his first NFL game, McNair is going to place him on waivers. Quarterback David Carr, too. They're worthless.

Situation is hopeless

McNair knows there's no need to try to trade Williams or Carr, because they're so bad even the most desperate teams won't be interested in them. McNair's going to cut both of them and let them get jobs in the real world because it's obvious to Texans fans they have no redeeming football qualities.

While he's at it, McNair will fire Kubiak. McNair doesn't care if Kubiak has 12 new starters, including five rookies. He doesn't want to hear Kubiak point out anymore that the Texans have played only one game.

McNair has been reading your e-mails and listening to sports talk shows. Like the fans, he's tired of Kubiak's excuses that he's put in new systems on both sides of the ball and that the team will improve, especially over the second half of the season when the schedule shouldn't be as difficult. He's impatient. He demands the Texans win now.

Yes, Kubiak has to go. We know after one game that he'll never be a legitimate head coach. He drafted Williams the biggest bust in the history of any sport at any level and lost the opener. Before a sellout crowd at home, no less. He'll never get another job, either, because he has no clue about the running game, pass protection or coaching quarterbacks.

There's just no other way out. The fans are right: Kubiak's pathetic excuse for an NFL team is 0-1 and guaranteed of getting the first pick in the draft for the third time in six years. It wouldn't matter. If McNair keeps the team, he will pass up Brady Quinn and Adrian Peterson for a guard from Baylor.

A waste of money

Right now, McNair is wondering why he was foolish enough to pay $700 million to bring the NFL back to Houston. Why he helped push through a referendum that approved revenue to build Reliant Stadium. Why he helped fund more than $1 billion in start-up costs for the NFL's 32nd team.

The season's already over. An 0-1 record. Unbelievable. A trip to Indianapolis. Hopeless. There's no way out other than to sell.

Although he won't admit it publicly, McNair's shocked that he has found a buyer. For obvious reasons, negotiations have been hush-hush. The buyer has to sell his other franchise, which should be done no later than Thursday. Then, once he and McNair sign the documents and their deal's completed, the new owner will give Texans fans everything they're demanding.

McNair is practicing the speech he'll make at the news conference. After he explains why he fired Kubiak and waived Williams and Carr, he'll apologize to the fans for passing up Bush. Then McNair will get choked up and clear his throat. Finally, he'll take a deep breath and announce what Texans fans are dying to hear:

"Ladies and gentlemen, it's with great pleasure that I introduce you to the new owner of the Houston Texans K.S. "Bud" Adams Jr.

Link (http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/mcclain/4182293.html)

FSUBulldog
09-13-2006, 03:28 PM
Saw this McLain article today on the Chronicle's website. I've felt his blogs and whatnot were a bit dry and not very colorful, but I actually got a good chuckle out of this.

I actually think that this is his best work to date. I LMAO at this because it is so true. I'm sure a lot of his motivation came from reading this MB. I'm glad to see that folks are starting to realize how rediculous things are getting around here...:coolb:

JDizzle
09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
Yeah, it seems eerily similar to the 2004 season when we started 0-2, then went into one of the toughest stadiums to play in and beat a good Chiefs team. We ended up 7-9 that year, too.

dskillz
09-13-2006, 04:14 PM
I like McClain, he is basically a fan who happens to write for a living.

Some people here just can't seem to face the facts. If someone doesn't dress up a loss and try to point out all the positives, then they get offended and say, "They hate the Texans!!!". Grow up. All John has ever done was state facts and give opinion on what might happen next. Not sure what is wrong with that.

To everyone complaining, what exactly do you want him to write? How great the green paint looked on the field Sunday? How wonderful the white tops and white pants looked? How the first quarter was great and ignore the rest of the game?

He wouldn't be a good writer if he painted a rosy picture of a loss that for 3/4ths of the game had the same results of last season.

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 06:17 PM
baseless, fabricated lies if you blame the messenger & not the message contact him directly don't be a ***** :sos:

I did email him directly about his slobbering over Vince and Reggie, I have years of experience and have a right to my opinion. I told him fine BUT how about doing some reporting on team that plays in city of paper you work for..it degenerated from there.

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 06:19 PM
I like McClain, he is basically a fan who happens to write for a living.

Some people here just can't seem to face the facts. If someone doesn't dress up a loss and try to point out all the positives, then they get offended and say, "They hate the Texans!!!". Grow up. All John has ever done was state facts and give opinion on what might happen next. Not sure what is wrong with that.

To everyone complaining, what exactly do you want him to write? How great the green paint looked on the field Sunday? How wonderful the white tops and white pants looked? How the first quarter was great and ignore the rest of the game?

He wouldn't be a good writer if he painted a rosy picture of a loss that for 3/4ths of the game had the same results of last season.

John McClain is that YOU, only John McClain could write such self-promoting words

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 06:21 PM

the sound of 1 sad little man (John McClain) laughing:pigfly:

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 06:22 PM
LMAO:bananasplit:

ALL Hail AustinJB:cowboy1:

TexansLucky13
09-13-2006, 06:24 PM
He may be considered to be one of the best sports writers in the business, but there isnt one person on this planet who can ever convince me of it. I wish we could trade him to another team for some 1st and 2nd round picks.

:stirpot:

bayshorebevo
09-13-2006, 06:36 PM
I don't care about him one way or another or any sportwriters for that matter. But, what did he say that didn't happen?

Erratic Assassin
09-13-2006, 07:42 PM
Thing is I like Lance on the morning show but this morning he had his wanker on Bush so bad.

Back when all of us (including Lance) were taking for granted that we were taking RB, Lance was saying that Mario Williams was the best player in the draft.

He changed his tune the moment he found out that we were taking his guy. The grass always seems greener on the other side of the fence.