PDA

View Full Version : Texans Fans | Colts board

ColtsFan in CA
09-11-2006, 04:48 PM
That time of year again...
Tough loss yesterday you guys looked good opening drive.
Anyone wants to talk some football
Come on over (http://www2.indystar.com/forums/showthread.php?t=161702)

Don't mind the trolls we are looking forward to a good game and go Colts.

Lexington
09-11-2006, 04:50 PM
im not looking forward to the game, go texans

afcman
09-11-2006, 04:52 PM
Dude, your colts could be in trouble this year. And I'm sad for it. I want to see Manning get a ring. What was it? Two seasons ago when your D cost you? That may happen again.

Double Barrel
09-11-2006, 04:56 PM
Based on what we saw yesterday, it's not a matter of us losing in my mind, but how bad will it be...

I like to think 'any given Sunday', but honestly, with our history against the Colts *cough*0-8*cough*, it's a snowball's chance in hades for us to win. But I would like to see us at least compete...meaning establishing something that resembles a running game, a little pressure on the QB would be nice, and perhaps keeping Carr from getting his head ripped off from his blindside.

mexican_texan
09-11-2006, 05:04 PM
Based on what we saw yesterday, it's not a matter of us losing in my mind, but how bad will it be...

I like to think 'any given Sunday', but honestly, with our history against the Colts *cough*0-8*cough*, it's a snowball's chance in hades for us to win. But I would like to see us at least compete...meaning establishing something that resembles a running game, a little pressure on the QB would be nice, and perhaps keeping Carr from getting his head ripped off from his blindside.
If we follow the Chargers' gameplan and focus on Peyton Manning rather than his weapons, we can win this game. It's not as if we never came close before.

Lexington
09-11-2006, 05:06 PM
Dude, your colts could be in trouble this year. And I'm sad for it. I want to see Manning get a ring. What was it? Two seasons ago when your D cost you? That may happen again.

two seasons ago Manning made several horrible interceptions that cost his team in NE. their defense wasnt as good as it is now, but manning had a poor game himself.

in fact, manning has yet to really step up in AFC championship game. cant blame the defense alone when your turning the ball over.

afcman
09-11-2006, 05:09 PM
I can't remember who it was but I remember a team playing the colts and their D wouldn't set at the line. They would just sort of stand around. And it threw Manning off his game.

This game against the Colts is where we will miss not having Bush. Their D is not that great against the run. We need to keep the ball and get their D tired. And keep Manning off the field.

TEXANS84
09-11-2006, 05:11 PM
Remember, we drafted Mario because of Manning. :)

ColtsFan in CA
09-11-2006, 05:15 PM
yeah I know...:crutch:
How has he been looking. I lurk and I have seen alot of stuff but truly. Does he look good bad or just like a rookie?
Our oline seems to have some big weaknesses and I hope we are able to contain him.
I don't need to have my heart stop :francis: :ouch:

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-11-2006, 05:37 PM
Remember, we drafted Mario because of Manning. :)
Dingo someone on the same page as I am. I'm convinced that we have not seen the real Mario Williams yet. Hope to see the Real Deal This Sunday. After seeing lowlight of our game on sunday it looked like he had lead in his ***** and on two of them he was just standing there. On Sunday in Indy. the real MW is unvailed and Manning spends the day running for his life. Coach K flips mario to left and right DE only and says this is reason your hear do your job. Mario finishes the game with 10 solo sacks and 10 tackles for losses and 10 batted down passes and 10 interceptions all ran back for touchdowns. Manning goes 0 for 30 with -165 yard rush...... Darn I'm out of Battle Red Kool-aid need to get some more. Sorry drinking to much of the stuff lately. Most of this post is what I think is true, all the stat stuff is seen with rose colored glasses and BRK-A. Got carried away sorrrrry.

Double Barrel
09-11-2006, 05:41 PM
If we follow the Chargers' gameplan and focus on Peyton Manning rather than his weapons, we can win this game. It's not as if we never came close before.

The problem, though, is that we might not have the personnel to follow the Charger's game plan. From what we witnessed yesterday, our defense is not even on the same page with each other, much less a focussed gameplan.

We might have come close before, but we're still 0-8 against the Colts. Close is good for horseshoes and hand grenades, but means nothing towards scoreboard (the only thing that really matters in football).

I'm not saying we can't beat them...just basing my take on yesterday's lackluster performance.

ColtsFan in CA
09-11-2006, 05:51 PM
The Giants last night tried the Pitts and SD approach but if anyone watched the game Manning actually rolled out to escape the pressure. I was shocked! He did not have his usual pocket to throw from and he made a few nice throws on the run. Hopefully we took last years losses and he worked on being a bit more mobile. He will never be Vick but it could help.
Corey Simon is still a question mark for the game on Sunday and we have installed new players at new positions.
Our back field could not tackle a gramma last night so that could be a weakness if they do not get it squared away.

JDizzle
09-11-2006, 06:35 PM
The only good news is the Colts did a terrible job running the ball against NY and they also did a terrible job defending it. But, they still have Peyton Manning and our secondary is still swiss cheese. We're probably gonna have to break our franchise scoring record to keep it close.

mexican_texan
09-12-2006, 04:37 PM
The problem, though, is that we might not have the personnel to follow the Charger's game plan. From what we witnessed yesterday, our defense is not even on the same page with each other, much less a focussed gameplan.

We might have come close before, but we're still 0-8 against the Colts. Close is good for horseshoes and hand grenades, but means nothing towards scoreboard (the only thing that really matters in football).

I'm not saying we can't beat them...just basing my take on yesterday's lackluster performance.
Have we ever looked much better in the other years we played the Colts? The Colts, on the other hand, have lost Edgerrin James, who was known to get piggy back rides to the first down marker.

run-david-run
09-12-2006, 04:42 PM

The Giants averaged about 7 a carry and the Colts got about 3. Yeah, yeah...and they still won...but that is a substantial chink in the armor that wasnt there before. I think this is by far the best chance we've had at beating the Colts.

Drob must contain Harrison
Get pressure on Peyton
Run the ball about 40 times and average 4+ a carry
Get the ball to AJ and Moulds
No turnovers
Get some turnovers

Do that, and we might win...

Divebomb
09-12-2006, 04:59 PM
I think we can beat Indy if we just blitz every play. The teams that play a base defense never have a chance against Indy, and given the fact that their running game is not very strong this year, the only chance we have to beat them is to play man to man and bring 7 every play. We have the athletes to do it. Stockley is out, Edge is gone, this is the only way we can stand a chance!

real
09-12-2006, 05:03 PM
We can't line up and try to out scheme the colts offense...We need to be physical with them and just go after them, because peyton will eat us for Linner, and Brunch...

footballguy69
09-12-2006, 05:10 PM
If we can indeed run the ball, it will help in keeping it close. Believe it or not for 3 quarters we usually play Indy pretty close. However, if we can't keep the Indy defense out of our backfield it will be a long day. We need to go out and play to win and not play not to lose. Demeco will get to see a real pro in Peyton up close. Hopefully he can slam him a few times in the Indy turf. I just want to see some all out effort from Mario and hope to see him at least look for the ball carrier when he is tied up by one blocker which was most of the time this past Sunday. Hopefully he won't take as long to get his motor running as did Travis Johnson. The only real double teams he gets is when he moves inside. Overall, I feel OK about our draft but just want to see all out effort out of Mario each play. The techniques he will use such as the "swim", etc. will come with experience. I will be patient with him on rookie mistakes but I want to see some fire. Also, I would feel better if we had Mathis back for kick offs. No field position on returns really sucks. I'm pleased with Carr's success this past Sunday. Not super, but as Kubiak has said his goal is for David to "put us in a position to win". I expect Kubiak to make overall game adjustments better and faster this week. I drank the Kool Aid and if we can be 1-3 going into the bye week, I'll be OK. :superman: :redtowel:

WV-Colt
09-12-2006, 11:05 PM
Drob must contain Harrison
Get pressure on Peyton
Run the ball about 40 times and average 4+ a carry
Get the ball to AJ and Moulds
No turnovers
Get some turnovers

Do that, and we might win...

you do that, and you will win.

I think we can beat Indy if we just blitz every play. The teams that play a base defense never have a chance against Indy, and given the fact that their running game is not very strong this year, the only chance we have to beat them is to play man to man and bring 7 every play. We have the athletes to do it. Stockley is out, Edge is gone, this is the only way we can stand a chance!

the idea is right, but there is much more to the execution than that. there have been many, many teams that have attempted to just blitz manning. he usually eats them alive. the secret is to have a scheme that peyton cannot detect. his previous problems against the pats and steelers came, not because of the blitz, but because manning made the incorrect pre-snap read as to where the blitz was coming from.

Texizgreat
09-12-2006, 11:15 PM
This is hard to put in to words, I hope some one follows my thinking.

1. The colts fans have thus far (on this board) have been respectabe wanting to talk football.
2. With that said I dont Loath the Colts as say, the Jags.
3. I just want the Texans to beat the Colts.
4. I hope its a good game

Mr. White
09-13-2006, 08:15 AM
Our oline seems to have some big weaknesses and I hope we are able to contain him.

Thanks for the glimmer of hope. It does seem like the only way to beat the Colts is to blitz Manning.

gtexan02
09-13-2006, 08:21 AM
As of now, the Colts over the Texans is the largest point spread in the betting books, at almost Colts by 14.

Colts Addict
09-13-2006, 09:47 AM
As of now, the Colts over the Texans is the largest point spread in the betting books, at almost Colts by 14.

Wow... thats pretty amazing! I am not so sure I would go as far as to say that, this early in the season. We are known for being rusty in the first few games.

HOU-TEX
09-13-2006, 09:52 AM
Wow... thats pretty amazing! I am not so sure I would go as far as to say that, this early in the season. We are known for being rusty in the first few games.

Ummm....so are we. LOL! Good luck. If we can't get to Peyton, it's going to be more than 14 pts.:hides:

Bsacamano
09-13-2006, 10:30 AM
I am already looking to week three against the skins because we have an absolute 0% chance of beating the colts. The game is going to be u-g-l-y

dantem
09-13-2006, 10:37 AM
I just thought I would go on record as the moron who believes that we have a chance to win this game.

Although, I'm not sure why I think we can...

If we can find a way to consistently play like we did for most of the first half against the Eagles, we may give them a headache because of their one sided offense. (If I read the stats right they had fewer rushing yards than we did on opening day).

Hopefully it will be like the Steelers game 2 years ago.

just trying to stay positive...

powerfuldragon
09-13-2006, 10:38 AM
The game is going to be u-g-l-y
At least we've got an alibi. We were 2 - 14 last season.

That'll be my mantra until we start looking like a real team.

Colts Addict
09-13-2006, 10:59 AM
I just thought I would go on record as the moron who believes that we have a chance to win this game.
Although, I'm not sure why I think we can...

If we can find a way to consistently play like we did for most of the first half against the Eagles, we may give them a headache because of their one sided offense. (If I read the stats right they had fewer rushing yards than we did on opening day).

Hopefully it will be like the Steelers game 2 years ago.

just trying to stay positive...

There is nothing moronic about believing your team has a chance to win. Especially a team in your own division that always plays the Colts tough. I am hoping for a blow out, just so I don't have to scream at the T.V. throughout the entire game... but I do believe it will be alot closer than your fanbase is giving your team credit for. I seen alot of really positive things in our last game... but I also seen alot of glaring weaknesses as well. If your coaching staff preys on those weaknesses... we could be in for a long day at the Dome.

real
09-13-2006, 11:11 AM
Right now the Colts and Texans are the two worst defensive teams in the leauge...stat wise....

srstex
09-13-2006, 11:25 AM
I say let's take the Cincy approach and go airborn, and try to out score the Colts. Then if we lose at least we were working towards a win. If Palmer can air it out why not us ? Cincy lost, but what a game.

DRAMA
09-13-2006, 11:41 AM
I kicked Indy's butt on Madden 07. Show's you right there who the better team is.

I wish I could hate Indy but man, I love watching Peyton play. His little tics at the line of scrimmage are mesmerizing. I feel like I'm in a trance. Seriously, though - I don't like Jacksonville, hate Tenn but just actually like the Colts, love Dungy, like Marvin, etc..

Oh well, Indy - enjoy your bye week! :shades:

Houston_Fanatic
09-13-2006, 12:03 PM
It's hard mustering up much optimism about this game after last week. It wasn't that we lost, but how we lost - I really thought we had improved more than we showed. Maybe we have and hopefully we will see an improved team this week. :)

Dread-Head
09-13-2006, 12:15 PM
Last year for three quarters the Texans gave the Colts a GAME. Now that was with the defense they had LAST YEAR. They're a better team this year if they get themselves together MENTALLY...they have a chance.

DH

shansmacker
09-13-2006, 06:48 PM
We'll run the ball better,protect the passer better,get a better pass rush and stop the run better.We'll repeat this scenario each week until we finally come together as a team and resemble something that looks like a real nfl team.How long will it take?Who knows but i'm hoping to see a noticable improvement this week and as they say,any given sunday.

BigDTexansFan
09-13-2006, 07:01 PM
I can't remember who it was but I remember a team playing the colts and their D wouldn't set at the line. They would just sort of stand around. And it threw Manning off his game.

This game against the Colts is where we will miss not having Bush. Their D is not that great against the run. We need to keep the ball and get their D tired. And keep Manning off the field.

hey Rookie...Saints/Reggie is god board exit east side keep going till you see floodplain

Wolf
09-13-2006, 07:13 PM
I was disappointed with the receivers of the Eagles tearing us up and Colt receivers are better than the Eagles receivers...disturbs me ..however I expect adjustments to be made and we will look a lot better

K.D.
09-13-2006, 08:44 PM
I have a gut feeling that this game is going to come down to last few series in 4th qtr. We won't get blown out and we actually play Indy tough the whole game, but once again it comes to finishing the game and that's where I give Peyton the edge. But boy I tell you, I want to see Peyton with them happy-feet all game long, that mean a sack is coming or his reads are covered pretty well and he has to rush his throw.

BTW, Mark my words "WE WILL BEAT'EM THIS YEAR". Maybe not Sunday, but I betcha in H-TOWN we get'em. BOOYAH!!:cool: