PDA

View Full Version : This is what it looked like to me.

Scott D
09-11-2006, 01:27 PM
It looked like the Texans were a college team. Philly looked like they were professionals. The way the philly's offensive line was working, they had no trouble at all standing up the defensive line. They just constantly kept the defensivive players in front of them.

I don't see it as missed assignments on our defense. I thinj they are too slow. Not to mention too big.

My personal input. Disagree if you must, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it:yikes:

real
09-11-2006, 01:32 PM
It looked like the Texans were a college team. Philly looked like they were professionals. The way the philly's offensive line was working, they had no trouble at all standing up the defensive line. They just constantly kept the defensivive players in front of them.

I don't see it as missed assignments on our defense. I thinj they are too slow. Not to mention too big.

My personal input. Disagree if you must, but that's my story, and I'm sticking to it:yikes:

I don't know how we looked like a college team...We were in the game untill the fourth....Led most of the first...get...outta...town...

The Defense isn't "too slow"...what is "too slow" ?? Defense is "too talentless"...You don't need speed to make plays...

"too big" ??? you totally lost me there...

Vinny
09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
lol, yesterday I was joking around and I told an old friend of mine that after the first drive it looked like the Super Bowl team playing the College All-Stars (if any of you are old enough to remember those games in the 70's).

Scott D
09-12-2006, 12:21 AM
That's what the news reporter said. Kubiak stated that this is what we have to work with on defense. Something else about some other team, can't remember which team it was, (maybe Philly) had some serious speed.:tease:

We will have to see what happens later on during the season.

Love that icon!

HJam72
09-12-2006, 12:24 AM
Generally speaking, I agree. We did look like a college team in the trenches. We have professional skills players (with the exception of our safeties, who will get better) and college linemen, except for Pitts and Flanagan.

Double Barrel
09-12-2006, 12:29 AM
I can see the point...but honestly, that Eagles team would have scored a LOT more points on a college team (even a good one).

It's sad that we even have these thoughts, especially only one game into the season.

painekiller
09-12-2006, 03:38 PM
lol, yesterday I was joking around and I told an old friend of mine that after the first drive it looked like the Super Bowl team playing the College All-Stars (if any of you are old enough to remember those games in the 70's).

Yea but Ray Guy kicked the field goal that lead the All-Stars to a victory and then it was done.

Scott D
09-17-2006, 01:23 PM
I can see the point...but honestly, that Eagles team would have scored a LOT more points on a college team (even a good one).

It's sad that we even have these thoughts, especially only one game into the season.

Ok, let me put it to you this way. If the Texans were to play a college team...............

THEY WILL LOSE THAT GAME TOO!!:wild:

This team needs to throw in the towel. With these players, we'll never get to the playoffs. EVER! Kind of reminds me of the Astros. For the past 10 years. They too amounted to nothing.