PDA

View Full Version : Demeco Ryans....

veazeyt
09-11-2006, 03:03 AM
Yeah, the Texans lost.

But wow!

The hype is there for Demeco Ryans.... the rookie LB comes in on his first NFL game and gets 13 tackles. WOW.

End the somber parade.. Dom Capers is not here anymore, the Texans are getting better.

Cgold
09-11-2006, 05:51 AM
about time someone gave ryans his propz.. he exceeded expectations in his first game, unlike another defense player...

HJam72
09-11-2006, 06:00 AM
Just imagine how bad it would've been if Ryans played like most of the rest of the team in the second half.

real
09-11-2006, 09:05 AM
Ryans get's defensive rookie of the year easily if he stays healthy...

flylikeaneagle
09-11-2006, 09:22 AM
DeMeco rocks.

Texans Horror
09-11-2006, 09:41 AM
Demeco and Dunta are the cornerstones of our defense.

beerlover
09-11-2006, 09:44 AM
Demeco and Dunta are the cornerstones of our defense.

why omit Mario? one game and you write him off :rolleyes:

Texans Front Row Crew
09-11-2006, 10:49 AM
I think DeMeco Ryans will be a Superstar.:superman: 13 tackles (12 solo, 1 ast.) is an incredible feat for any rookie. If he is given some time, I think he will be our "rock" in the middle. He is on the NFL stats in tackles tied for 1st with K. Bulluck (Ten), and ahead of Zach Thomas and Johathen Vilma (3 & 4).

We should give him his props since so few are talking about him

BTW: A.J. Hawk: 3 Tackles 2 Ast. (not to say that AJ is bad, but compairing rookies that were sooo "talked" about)

Texans Horror
09-11-2006, 10:50 AM
I haven't written him off and have no issue with him or the reasoning behind selecting him. But Dunta and Demeco have shown me that they are legit and the real thing. When Mario starts looking as good as those two, I will add him. Until then, Demeco and Dunta are the cornerstones.

PhillyFan
09-11-2006, 11:09 AM
This kid is going to be a player. He was right there near the ball on just about every play.

If he could get some tackle help, he would be a lot better though.

Give this guy 3 years and he will be a great player by the looks of it.

Definitely a nice draft pick.

beerlover
09-11-2006, 11:38 AM
This kid is going to be a player. He was right there near the ball on just about every play.

If he could get some tackle help, he would be a lot better though.

Give this guy 3 years and he will be a great player by the looks of it.

Definitely a nice draft pick.

I respect your observation & good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way :)

Brandon420tx
09-11-2006, 02:47 PM
I respect your observation & good luck to the Eagles the rest of the way :)

Same goes for me, when the Texans go 15-1 the only team that will be talked about more will be the Eagles 16-0

Eagles-Texans superbowl

rmartin65
09-11-2006, 03:23 PM
Demeco is tied for the tackle lead.

real
09-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Demeco is tied for the tackle lead.

Really ? I thought he led the NFL...

Edit: He is killing everyone in solo's...

texansfaninla
09-11-2006, 03:58 PM
Not saying I told you so, but Mario sure didn't show that "never quit" motor some of you have touted. He was really pathetic - he was more immobile than anything.

Meanwhile DeMeco Ryans looked more worthy of the No. 1 overall pick with 12 tackles. He was everywhere - great pick there.

And I'm not going to say it, though I know everyone is thinking it - 70 yards rushing isn't a very good indicator of "the system" working...Some of you know there were a few holes to run through, but Lundy and Morency weren't fast enough to hit them with authority. I wonder who could have..........

pittbull
09-11-2006, 04:20 PM
Demeco Ryans was all over the place! Just like a MLB (middle linebacker or "mike") should be. I didn't know if you knew what that was, but I thought I would explain. Although Mario didn't have the 5 sacks that everyone wanted, either did our #1 pick from last season, Travis Johnson. Either did Dunte Robinson, our #1 prior to Johnson, have 5 picks. Neither did our top FA pick-up Anthony Weaver have 3 sacks and 2 forced fumbles (actually had 1 sack by donovan tripping over his feet). Do you realize who the Texans played? A team that went to 4 STRAIGHT NFC championship games and a past Super Bowl in 04'. Last season, their top player was hurt (McNabb), their #2 player went awol (Terrell Owens), and their o-line was so banged up, that the offense collapsed. The Texans played a top teir team, only rebounding back to NFC supremecy! The defense was outmanned, especially after P-Buc went down with an injury early, and not able to play due to the ankle. Mario doesn't play in a secondary, that was missing faggins and Buchanon in the second half. Mario doesn't call the plays. Where were the blitz schemes we saw in preseason? Where was his constant lining up at outside pass rush that Kubiak and Casserly talked about after they drafted him? I'm sure he didn't walk into the coaches offices and tell them to play him at NT (A position he never played in college), so he could be double teamed all day! Get the facts straight before you lead a charge of bringing a 21yr old rookie down. Yes, Demeco played great, but his responsiblity as a MLB is much different than everyone else on the field, attack and hit! Had this been Texans 05', even to a beat up Eagle unit, the score would have been 44-10. The Offense looked much better. Carr looked more poised. Moulds helped the WR group tremendously, and another rookie Spencer did a good job against one of the best pass rushes in the league! Just hold on, well get better, but build them up, rather than tearing them down. As a season ticket holder, I'm as frustrated as anyone to see a winner, but its coming sooner than later! :shoot:

pittbull
09-11-2006, 04:30 PM
By the way, I think my response was to another thread, and it was moved over to this thread. This is not for the knowledgable Texan fans out there! Demeco was great! Is going to be a stud. Mario looked average for a rookie, but better than the vets on the line, but he'll get better. I think I'm already frustrated over people for wanting this guy to be Peppers x 3 in his first game!!! NO DISRESPECT TO MY TEXAN BROTHERS!

cred
09-11-2006, 05:48 PM
Ryans=DROY

Hutch13
09-11-2006, 05:50 PM
Looks like my pick for DROY didnt let me down.

RTP2110
09-11-2006, 06:10 PM
What else can you say? Ryans was outstanding, picking up right where he left off in college, showing why he was rated as, and should have been a 1st round draft pick.