PDA

View Full Version : How to beat the blitz 101! This is why we lost the game!

Divebomb
09-11-2006, 12:49 AM
To beat the blitz there are three magical little play's that will do the trick.

1st use the toss sweep away from the pressured side (in our case the weak side is blitxed side every time).

2nd TE screen to the blitzing side. The Texans ran one screen and it was on a second down play without a blitxz comming! Linebackers killed the play.

3rd play Deep lobb to the single covered reciever. Moulds, AJ, Walters all what 6'3 just lobb it deep to that single coverage and eat their lunch. Manning does it all the time with 5'10 recievers.

If Carr had audble to this on third down during the game or during obvious blitzing plays and we are celebrating a win over Philly tonight. Indy is going to bring the house next week, If we can do this we will not loose by a huge margin. Giants put pressure on Manning and played a tight game. Lots of lobb passes to #17 Palixico Burress!

mexican_texan
09-11-2006, 12:56 AM
Few teams, if any, can stop Jim Johnson's defense and his genius blitzes.

OCEagle
09-11-2006, 02:01 AM
Few teams, if any, can stop Jim Johnson's defense and his genius blitzes.

Not to mention the other side of the ball. Your defense is soft.

Cjeremy635
09-11-2006, 10:03 AM
To beat the blitz there are three magical little play's that will do the trick.

1st use the toss sweep away from the pressured side (in our case the weak side is blitxed side every time).

2nd TE screen to the blitzing side. The Texans ran one screen and it was on a second down play without a blitxz comming! Linebackers killed the play.

3rd play Deep lobb to the single covered reciever. Moulds, AJ, Walters all what 6'3 just lobb it deep to that single coverage and eat their lunch. Manning does it all the time with 5'10 recievers.

If Carr had audble to this on third down during the game or during obvious blitzing plays and we are celebrating a win over Philly tonight. Indy is going to bring the house next week, If we can do this we will not loose by a huge margin. Giants put pressure on Manning and played a tight game. Lots of lobb passes to #17 Palixico Burress!

While I agree with most of your assesment, this one I can not agree with. Theoretically it should work, but the problem is the time it takes for that type of play to develope and the receiver to get down field. If you look at most of the sacks, the defense was in the backfield at the snap and that doesn't give much time to get set and throw deep down field.

run-david-run
09-11-2006, 10:32 AM
Also, we just installed a new system and I doubt they are comfortable with the plays, let alone audibles. Give it time...

rmartin65
09-11-2006, 02:28 PM
I think the D was the problem.

SESupergenius
09-11-2006, 03:25 PM
I think the coaches let us down a little too. We didn't see much of the bootleg or screen passes to counter the blitz. And they blitzed a lot the 2nd half, our coaches just didn't do a good play calling effort there. On defense we blitzed and the Eagles expected it because they ran the screens well.

Htown34s
09-11-2006, 03:34 PM
I think the coaches let us down a little too. We didn't see much of the bootleg or screen passes to counter the blitz. And they blitzed a lot the 2nd half, our coaches just didn't do a good play calling effort there.

A few of the players have said that they knew what was coming and the coaches had them prepared but they didn't execute correctly. I guess its a state of mind more than anything. Our guys need to shake the losing mentality and believe in the coaches more IMO.

phan1
09-11-2006, 04:42 PM
One thing that we're just going to have to live with is that he can't physically lobb it up to a reciever when the blitz comes. Many times there was just a huge wall there, and anything that Carr was going to throw was going to get tipped by someone coming after him.