PDA

View Full Version : Who Do YOU Blame For this Loss?

HomeBred_Texan
09-10-2006, 06:24 PM
I saw the same game as you did. I sit in the end zone in the 500 level and have been there in the same seats from Day 1. But had mixed feelings about this loss since we cannot blame Capers.

gtexan02
09-10-2006, 06:27 PM
When you can't stop Westbrook from running down the middle at the end of the 4th quarter, you deserve to lose. He's great in space, but he's not a between the tackles bruiser, and thats what he looked like at the end of the game.

Our DL was embarassing in pass rush

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 06:28 PM
I put the D-Line because so much of our defensive success this year relies on them.

Texans Pride
09-10-2006, 06:31 PM
I am taking option I since it isn't listed: The defense as a whole, the offensine line, and your mother HomeBred.

And before anyone gets all crazy that I am personally attacking HomeBred, his mother was one of the choices to blame the game on.

Dime
09-10-2006, 06:32 PM
There is No one person that cost this team the game. It failed on every aspect. Entire Team can be the only answer.

edo783
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
IMO, it falls mostly to the defense as a whole. Not good up front and leaky deep. Probably about 60% on them and 25% on the O-line and the rest just generally spread around.

HomeBred_Texan
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
I am taking option I since it isn't listed: The defense as a whole, the offensine line, and your mother HomeBred.

And before anyone gets all crazy that I am personally attacking HomeBred, his mother was one of the choices to blame the game on.
So far she has 2 votes, LOL....

I told her she needed to do those chunky soup commercials for the Texans...

All is good....:yahoo:

HomeBred_Texan
09-10-2006, 06:37 PM
got a double post for some reason...

shinerbock_girl
09-10-2006, 06:41 PM
I say defense, couldn't cover Stallworth, gave McNabb all the time in the world to throw, couldn't stop the run....

Goldeagle
09-10-2006, 06:45 PM
We just got beat by a better team, no one played poor, just poor at times.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-10-2006, 06:46 PM
I blame Casserly, and Capers, they left the mess for Kubiak to clean up...

TexansLucky13
09-10-2006, 06:47 PM
Two players had good games on the Texans.... Carr and Ryans.

The defense gave it up. Holes in coverage, getting beat by Westbrook and Buckhalter in numerous flare/screen plays (except one where Dunta shut it down).

David Carr had success when he played deep. I can't believe I am saying it but he really did well with the deep passes. Kubiak may be onto something here....

Our running game was unsuccessful due to the fact that the Eagles D-line is so strong, especially when they are against the Texans O-line. Five sacks, but I wasn't surprised by that. What surprised me is how well David played. He dogged one sack (I admit it was his fault, he could have avoided it), but three of them were not his fault whatsoever... just the Eagles D-line and a tough blitz.

Ryans shut down many plays. He is the future leader of this Texans defense. I can't wait to see what he can do once we get moving.

All in all.... I really can't say I expected much. The first quarter was a mirage... we played really well for a while. But we had to face the fact that their D-line was just too much for us at current strength.

Topher
09-10-2006, 07:06 PM
I blame Reggie Bush:stirpot:

TEXANRED
09-10-2006, 07:07 PM
I saw the same game as you did. I sit in the end zone in the 500 level and have been there in the same seats from Day 1. But had mixed feelings about this loss since we cannot blame Capers.
I was in 634 and from where I sat the whole team stunk. 14 rushing yards for a whole half!?

To top it off I was sitting with a bunch of eagle fans and if the guy in front of me stood up one more time to sing fly eagles fly and spread out his arms like he was an eagle I was going to thump him in the ear.

samomin
09-10-2006, 07:19 PM
I blame the Eagles. How dare a team with Super Bowl experience not lose to us?:wild:

phan1
09-10-2006, 07:25 PM
Weren't we supposed to have a good DL this year? What the hell happened out there today! And it's not like it's Mario Williams that didn't play well either. That whole entire unit got thrashed today. VERY VERY VERY dissappointed with them. Eagles Oline just dominated them.

rmartin65
09-10-2006, 07:27 PM
The D, they were highly regarded in the preseason.

run-david-run
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM
How about: The Eagles?

dat_boy_yec
09-10-2006, 07:42 PM
Richard Smith, I thought he said they were gonna be aggressive and take chances. I didn't see that many blitz packages and considering how great:rolleyes: our DL was I was surprised at this. Also I don't think I saw any 3-4 fronts. Nope I don't think I saw it even once. Another thing is I don't know when he called contain or anything, so my thing is why didn't our ends ever get after McNabb. I mean overall I gotta say Smith made alot of rookie DC mistakes and he needs to work on that. I wish he would go through a stretch where he just told the line to pin their ears back and get after it so we could know if it was the play calling or the play on the field.

kbourda
09-10-2006, 07:49 PM
We just lost to the better team. Are we blinded to the point to feel that other teams should just lose to us because: Kubiak is the new head coach, our front office had the "nads" to draft Mario instead of Reggie to make our team better, better coordinators, and most importantly a 3-1 PRESEASON record?

PapaL
09-10-2006, 07:51 PM
I blame the Philadeplia Eagles for the loss. If it wasn't for the whipping up on us before the end of half time and in the second half we surely would have won.

Hulk75
09-10-2006, 07:53 PM
Richard Smith...................Coaching.

What did we see during the pre season..........we saw blitzing of all kinds, we saw DBs breaking on balls we saw guys running around having fun.

What I saw tonight was soft zone coverage, even more so on obvious passing downs I thought Dom and Vangio broke in and started calling plays.

Texans86
09-10-2006, 08:02 PM
We win as a team, and we lose as a team. It's as simple as that. Everyone could have played better, even those that did fairly well.

Sco-tai
09-10-2006, 08:04 PM
I think it'd be unfair to blame any 1 area.

Carr looked Good...but with some mistakes that a 5th year guy shouldn't make.

Running game stunk. 1/2 due to our poor O-line execution (blown packages)...and 1/2 due to a really strong J.Johnson plan & players.

Good seeing our WR's & TE's getting in the mix.

Sarg01
09-10-2006, 08:11 PM
I went with the DL. They were the unit that was supposed to shine on defense and they accomplished little. They're the unit with 3 1st round draft choices in the past 3 years.

Secondary wasn't great, but I think they actually overachieved versus expectations. CC Brown blew a few coverages, but did anyone really think he should be playing FS? We've known since last year that we don't have a starting-caliber FS on this team. Lewis Sanders did OK, Dunta was decent, and I don't think anyone expected that INT from Jason Simmons.

Linebacker play was roughly around expectations. Ryans played well, the others a little less so, but again, we knew what we were getting there - a great rookie and a bunch of guys, and that's what we got.

axman40
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
We win as a team, and we lose as a team. It's as simple as that. Everyone could have played better, even those that did fairly well.
Well said and I approve of this message!
:texflag:

bigTEXan8
09-10-2006, 08:33 PM
I choose running game...things would have been a lot better I think. I think this proves my point of Dayne possible starting by the end of the year.

LORK 88
09-10-2006, 09:04 PM
Eagles as well, they just outplayed us in the 2nd half. Their coaches had to make adjustments and they made them well.

HomeBred_Texan
09-10-2006, 09:06 PM
I choose running game...things would have been a lot better I think. I think this proves my point of Dayne possible starting by the end of the year.
End of the year? After what I saw today, he will be starting when he get's that turf toe problem fixed..

I just don't understand the play calling though. We moved the ball with ease the first round. Then everything went ker-plunk. Carr was 4/4 in that drive. If it was working, why the heck was it changed?

And sorry to say it again, but what the heck was Mario Williams doing standing around on plays as they were happening? Did anyone else notice that? I want to hear from Kubs what happened...

It's not that I expected to really go in and blow Philly out, but with that first drive we had, you have to admit it got some hopes up. I jumped up and almost lost my shorts. And I don't move that fast anymore. Then came the 2nd and 3 rd series. We did nothing like we did in the first drive, I mean nothing. No long passes or anything. If it was working, why change till they, meaning the Eagles, could stop it?

Txn_in_Oki
09-10-2006, 09:10 PM
I didn't vote because obviously it was the fans fault.

You didn't have enough faith and were complaining too much so the football Gods punished us all.

Thanks fans. Get bent.

:rolleyes:

vtech9
09-10-2006, 09:21 PM
the whole team...I just didn't see alot of fire in our team, especially in the second half.

Texan Asylum
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
I'm sure the DEAFENING level of crowd noise wasn't a factor in the outcome...

utahmark
09-11-2006, 01:22 AM
capers. isnt he the one who left the team in this shape.

OCEagle
09-11-2006, 01:58 AM
Hey Home Bred. We missed you over at the Eagles MB today. You were talking a lot of ish there. You seem to be toned down today and more respectful. What happened? Oh yeah, today's game. This is only a taste of what the Eagles will do this year. Their offense is only getting started, and the D let them get away with too much.

Heckuva receiving game you have, though. But until the O line improves, it will be a looooooooooong season. Stay out of the EMB for a while, k?

painekiller
09-11-2006, 03:49 AM

Why can't we blame Caper and Casserly? Did they not develop the talent? Did they not do a bad job of drafting talent? Did they not trade away draft picks when we needed a lot of holes filled? Did they not do a bad job of signing free agents?

Today was the first day of a step in the right direction. This team is going to grow from this. And after our break our schedule get a little better, well it does end pretty easy.

Cgold
09-11-2006, 04:49 AM
the fact that anyone actually picked Carr for the reason we lost makes me laugh.. Carr and ryans were the only highlights of this game..
:brickwall

HJam72
09-11-2006, 05:03 AM
the fact that anyone actually picked Carr for the reason we lost makes me laugh.. Carr and ryans were the only highlights of this game..
:brickwall

My sentiments exactly, but you might want to give a little credit to the CBs. They did well, considering McNabb had a month to throw on every pass play.

HJam72
09-11-2006, 05:07 AM
We lost this game in the trenches, just like we lose EVERY game in the trenches. Very little has changed, except that Carr looks more confident while getting his head beat in, the running game is hiding in the locker room somewhere, and our no-sack-getting D-line is made up of a few different people.

Cgold
09-11-2006, 06:05 AM
i see what your saying about the corners jam, but i find it a little funny and a little annoying that ALMOST everyone has one hundred million excuses for everyone elses play EXCEPT CARR... and even in this case when has a good game, and just about the only bright spot today... people still try to bring him down.

dbs were not good so people say "well give em a break they had to cover the recievers forever.

mario williams has honestly done nothing through pre-season or game 1. he deflected a pass. "well its the preseason", "he was double teamed" yada yada yada...

OL-not good.. "davids fault, davids fault" "he held on to long. "he should of known then OL would fail him and audible out everytime and get the ball out in 0.5 secs flat to not get killed again"

and on and on...

If people can complain about tripping and going out of bounds one play and actually believe that causes a loss......wow.....

Anyone else on the field that doesnt do their job just gets a pass and people drop the blame on DC. Make excuses for mario, make excuse for the D, make excuses for the OL..... but lets look for anything possible to rip our QB about and continue to point blame at him.. cuz i already know its going to happen all year when we lose..just like sunday, when he was the best player on the field.. and the rest of the team will get all sorts of creative excuses why they dont have to do their own jobs :ok:

powerfuldragon
09-11-2006, 09:47 AM
The Eagles. Because they beat us.

tsip
09-11-2006, 10:17 AM

...so when 1 thing is 'broke' you fix the 'whole' team?

Cjeremy635
09-11-2006, 10:24 AM
i see what your saying about the corners jam, but i find it a little funny and a little annoying that ALMOST everyone has one hundred million excuses for everyone elses play EXCEPT CARR... and even in this case when has a good game, and just about the only bright spot today... people still try to bring him down.

dbs were not good so people say "well give em a break they had to cover the recievers forever.

mario williams has honestly done nothing through pre-season or game 1. he deflected a pass. "well its the preseason", "he was double teamed" yada yada yada...

OL-not good.. "davids fault, davids fault" "he held on to long. "he should of known then OL would fail him and audible out everytime and get the ball out in 0.5 secs flat to not get killed again"

and on and on...

If people can complain about tripping and going out of bounds one play and actually believe that causes a loss......wow.....

Anyone else on the field that doesnt do their job just gets a pass and people drop the blame on DC. Make excuses for mario, make excuse for the D, make excuses for the OL..... but lets look for anything possible to rip our QB about and continue to point blame at him.. cuz i already know its going to happen all year when we lose..just like sunday, when he was the best player on the field.. and the rest of the team will get all sorts of creative excuses why they dont have to do their own jobs :ok:

Nice post Cgold. Well said and positive rep coming your way.

tsip
09-11-2006, 11:01 AM
Seven teams with new HC played Sunday, including the Texans-3 of those teams won, 2 lost by a combined 5 pts against play off teams from last year, 1 lost by 13 pts and 1 lost by 14pts. Two other teams with new HC's play today. Kubiak-so far-has the distinction of coaching the team with the widest losing margin of all the newly HC teams. And, the margin of defeat could have been worse if the Eagles wanted to score on their final drive instead of taking 9+ minutes off the clock to end the game.

IMO, we were not 'prepared' for this game, nor did we make 'ANY' effective adjustments during the game. Our play only got 'worse' as the game went on, while the Eagles got better-pure and simple, from the defense to the offense to the special teams, we were 'out' coached....:wild:

...sorry, I forgot about the Packers who got beat 26-0...we are only 2nd worse so far

powerfuldragon
09-11-2006, 11:12 AM
We were also the only team to go 2 and 14 last season...

tsip
09-11-2006, 11:27 AM
We were also the only team to go 2 and 14 last season...

...and we were playing a team that was 6-10, same as the Browns who the 3-13 Saints beat...guess I'm missing your point--what do last years records have to do with being 'poorly' coached in a game? I'm saying Kubiak can do a better job--are you saying this is the best he can do because we were 2-14 last year?

dalemurphy
09-11-2006, 11:31 AM
I blame the Eagles.

Look, I'm disappointed too. I'm disappointed because this team is showing signs of life again which causes me to hope. However, the reality hasn't changed. This coaching staff has instituted entirely new schemes on both sides of the ball. We started 5 rookies and most of the team is new or playing a new position. It's just going to take a little time.

Remember Miami's season last year?... I think that's the kind of season we're in for this year.

thunderkyss
09-11-2006, 11:36 AM
...and we were playing a team that was 6-10, same as the Browns who the 3-13 Saints beat...guess I'm missing your point--what do last years records have to do with being 'poorly' coached in a game? I'm saying Kubiak can do a better job--are you saying this is the best he can do because we were 2-14 last year?

I agree with you. The Browns are the AFC equivalent to the Eagles....

Their QBs are almost identical....... who started QB for the browns anyway??

Their Defense is about the same........ ProBowlers at 8 of 11 positions.

Shoot, we're lucky we have 16 weeks to prepare, and watch film on that Cleveland Brown team.

They're going to be tough, just like they've been for the last 12 years.

GoneTexan
09-11-2006, 11:46 AM
Richard Smith, I thought he said they were gonna be aggressive and take chances. I didn't see that many blitz packages and considering how great:rolleyes: our DL was I was surprised at this. Also I don't think I saw any 3-4 fronts. Nope I don't think I saw it even once. Another thing is I don't know when he called contain or anything, so my thing is why didn't our ends ever get after McNabb. I mean overall I gotta say Smith made alot of rookie DC mistakes and he needs to work on that. I wish he would go through a stretch where he just told the line to pin their ears back and get after it so we could know if it was the play calling or the play on the field.

EXACTLY!
The last 57 seconds prior to the HALF showed us this… we had the lead and gave it up do to the “BEND but DON’T BREAK” <- CRAP! I do have hopes and may Mr. Smith learn from this and like I know Coach Kubiak will.

GREAT JOB "David Carr and DeMeco Ryans" !!!

GO TEXANS and Hold your Heads High! :redtowel:

tsip
09-11-2006, 12:00 PM
I agree with you. The Browns are the AFC equivalent to the Eagles....

Their QBs are almost identical....... who started QB for the browns anyway??

Their Defense is about the same........ ProBowlers at 8 of 11 positions.

Shoot, we're lucky we have 16 weeks to prepare, and watch film on that Cleveland Brown team.

They're going to be tough, just like they've been for the last 12 years.

...sorry, you missed the point of my post. IMO, last years records do not have a 'bearing' on this years play. Both the Browns and Eagles were 6-10 last year--so what--Saints won 1 more game than us, big deal. Texan fans thought the Bills were SB contenders last year--NOTTTT.

My post was saying that our 2-14 record of '05 should not be an excuse to 'play' poorly this year. Obviously, I believe we could have/should have played better Sunday. I guess you are saying that its OK to play poorly (1) based on last years record or --well,actually, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say--kinda like where you do or don't stand on Carr==maybe it's a 'day of the week' thing for you!!??:confused:

Texans Horror
09-11-2006, 12:06 PM
Seth Wand and Robaire Smith.

thunderkyss
09-11-2006, 12:09 PM
...sorry, you missed the point of my post. IMO, last years records do not have a 'bearing' on this years play. Both the Browns and Eagles were 6-10 last year--so what--Saints won 1 more game than us, big deal. Texan fans thought the Bills were SB contenders last year--NOTTTT.

My post was saying that our 2-14 record of '05 should not be an excuse to 'play' poorly this year. Obviously, I believe we could have/should have played better Sunday. I guess you are saying that its OK to play poorly (1) based on last years record or --well,actually, I'm not exactly sure what you're trying to say--kinda like where you do or don't stand on Carr==maybe it's a 'day of the week' thing for you!!??:confused:
If we're going to talk about Carr being the best thing that happened to this team in the last 5 years, I'm going to point out all his bad points. If we are going to talk about how Carr is going to help us in 2006, I'm going to talk about his good points. If we are going to talk about how he played this week, I'm going to tell you how he played better than last week, and closer to what I'd like to see from him.

As far as performing poorly...... I believe if we'd played the Cleveland Browns, we'd have beat them by 15 points........ if the Saints had played this Eagle team (that was hitting on all cylinders) they'd have lost miserably.

HJam72
09-11-2006, 12:11 PM

and on and on...

That's a good post, but I wasn't putting Carr down. I was just saying that his protection sucked. :)

CenTexNative
09-11-2006, 12:23 PM
You win as a team. You lose as a team. That's why it's called a team sport

nflnutswife
09-11-2006, 12:49 PM
Eagles as well, they just outplayed us in the 2nd half. Their coaches had to make adjustments and they made them well.

And in turn, OUR coaches needed to make offensive adjustments for the eagles stronger defense blitzing us every other play. They didn't! We kept trying to run the ball!

El Amigo Invisible
09-11-2006, 12:53 PM
It is all Super Mario's fault!!!!!Just kidding :shoot:

I think the offense linemen fell apart towards the end of the game.What happened to Ron Dayne?Donovan had one of this best games and our secondary couldn't stop him.Westbrook also played well for them .

TexanFanInCC
09-11-2006, 01:26 PM
The Eagles. Because they beat us.

thats what i say. the eagles flat out executed better than the texans. the better team won. their WR's played a great game. they werent always getting easy balls to catch either. they were consistently making diving catches at the shoelaces.

bigTEXan8
09-11-2006, 01:35 PM
End of the year? After what I saw today, he will be starting when he get's that turf toe problem fixed..

I just don't understand the play calling though. We moved the ball with ease the first round. Then everything went ker-plunk. Carr was 4/4 in that drive. If it was working, why the heck was it changed?

And sorry to say it again, but what the heck was Mario Williams doing standing around on plays as they were happening? Did anyone else notice that? I want to hear from Kubs what happened...

It's not that I expected to really go in and blow Philly out, but with that first drive we had, you have to admit it got some hopes up. I jumped up and almost lost my shorts. And I don't move that fast anymore. Then came the 2nd and 3 rd series. We did nothing like we did in the first drive, I mean nothing. No long passes or anything. If it was working, why change till they, meaning the Eagles, could stop it?

I totally concur with you. It seemed like our play calling just went to a more conservative method come 2nd half. As much as I like Lundy and Morency, Dayne proved last year he could run in this system, and I think that he will step up when he gets over his injury.

Battle Red Flash
09-11-2006, 01:38 PM
1. The O-line. Bad pass blocking. Bad run blocking.
2. The Defense. Zero pass rush.
3. The coaching. No good adjustments.
4. The Eagles. They are MUCH better than we thought.

HJam72
09-11-2006, 01:42 PM
The Texans looked like a totally different team yesteday...for a half. Then they fell apart. The O line seemed weak on the left and people were making dumb mistakes. ESPECIALLY the secondary!
We should factor in that this is a really good team that played in the superbowl two years ago and that McNabb is the best QB in the NFC, but we can only factor that in so much.
When I learned to play the game of football I was told that the defense's job was a simple one: to cause physical & psychological PAIN. Translation?

:As a member of the line you are to hit ball carriers so hard that they get up (if they get up) clutching arms, legs, rib cages or the sides of their heads.
I.e. wrap a guy up when you tackle him. If you see a teammate wrapping a guy up but you haven't heard a whistle...embed your entire BODY into the ball carrier (particularly in his numbers) and if possible claw at the ball like an angry wolverine.

:As part of the secondary. Your job is to get in between that receiver and YOUR football. If you can't do that then your job becomes to try to violate the laws of physics by hitting the sum-b1tch so hard that he'll think you're trying to pass through him.

In other words? Beat them like rented mules until refs blow whistles or start throwing little yellow hankies at you. BE AGGRESSIVE. I've never seen a team with a weak defense win a title YET. Until our boys realize that we can expect more performances like yesterdays.

You should post more'n. You gots them smawerts. :ok:

kingh99
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
We just lost to the better team. Are we blinded to the point to feel that other teams should just lose to us because: Kubiak is the new head coach, our front office had the "nads" to draft Mario instead of Reggie to make our team better, better coordinators, and most importantly a 3-1 PRESEASON record?

See I don't think it was "nads". It was pride. McNair cannot let it out that he's not the boss. Kubiak didn't want to be upstaged either. Basically it was pride that sent Bush packing before he got a chance to unpack. Not saying he's not a jerk. Most ungodly athletes are jerks. But you have to be big enough to deal with elephant sized egos if you want to leave your mark. Our team shirked from the spotlight when it got too hot. Damndest thing and I was willing to let it go if Williams was a terror but now it's looking like we got jammed royally as fans. Sorry but I am so pissed I bought into this crap. We should have drafted Bush. Period.

Insideop
09-11-2006, 01:43 PM
While I thought the D-Line didn't do very well, I still thought the O-Line was worse in their performance and voted for them being the main cause for the loss. This offense is supposed to be modeled after Denver's offense which is based on establishing the run to set up the pass. I didn't see any of that in the game. The Texans couldn't run at all and looked like they were being totally dominated at the LOS. Once they stopped the run, all they had to do was pin their ears back and go after Carr. It's basically what we saw all of last year. And when you're 3 and out almost every time, and your defense is on the field too long, well, you know what happens.

I said it before on another thread, that this game would be decided based on how well the Texans were able to run the ball. I don't know if the linemen were just not in sinc on the ZB schemes or what, (maybe someone who recorded the game can fill me in as to what went wrong) but they were not getting the job done. I know they are new to this and it might take awhile for them to play well as a unit, but I sure hope they "get it together" soon, or it could be a long season. JMHO!

PhillyFan
09-11-2006, 01:49 PM
4. The Eagles. They are MUCH better than we thought.

I tried to warn you guys. And I did my best to do it in a non snotty or bragging manner.

The Eagles are not a 6-10 team. Not by far. And you all completely underestimated the Stallworth trade. That and Westbrook. I might dig up a few of my favorite posts from the last 2 weeks, just for old times sake.

The best thing to take from this game, is that the Eagles are a good team. You should still win 9 games this year. Hopefully win number 1 comes next week :D

Vinny
09-11-2006, 01:52 PM
I tried to warn you guys. And I did my best to do it in a non snotty or bragging manner. I tried telling them too...but I can't fight the homers here without huge 'hater' blasts poping up in my PM's and emails. The homers don't listen...they just spin.

afcman
09-11-2006, 01:57 PM
It's a whole team situation. That's football. It's team sport. That's why I love it.

humbleone
09-11-2006, 01:59 PM
I tried to warn you guys. And I did my best to do it in a non snotty or bragging manner.

The Eagles are not a 6-10 team. Not by far. And you all completely underestimated the Stallworth trade. That and Westbrook. I might dig up a few of my favorite posts from the last 2 weeks, just for old times sake.

The best thing to take from this game, is that the Eagles are a good team. You should still win 9 games this year. Hopefully win number 1 comes next week :D

Kudos PhillyFan...on the call, the game and for having a terrific team there in Philly. Acutally, the best football I saw this weekend was in the movie Invincible...loved it and the story behind it. Enjoy the year, if you guys can stay healthy, you really have a great shot this year IMO.

As for us, we have a long ways to go but we have a great owner, a great coach and some terrific players to build a team around. The best team won yesterday clearly... congrats!

Go TEXANS!!! :whip:

JDizzle
09-11-2006, 02:06 PM
I figured McNabb would have a big game against our secondary, so the fact they raked up yards on us was no surprise. I'm surprised they didn't score more points.

With the exception of a couple plays their defense was sniffing out everything. Screens, bootlegs, runs, we couldn't get anything going after our first TD and it was frustrating to watch.

If Losman, Bledsoe, and Volek have games like this against us then I will be seriously depressed ..... again.

afcman
09-11-2006, 02:09 PM
I figured McNabb would have a big game against our secondary, so the fact they raked up yards on us was no surprise. I'm surprised they didn't score more points.

Ditto! The media love-fest for McNabb is something to see. The guy is really good, no doubt, but they played the Texans bro. (yeah, I'm a texans fan) :yikes:

mefool3030
09-11-2006, 02:17 PM
Whose to blame you all say... Capers and Casserly are the ones to blame. They dug the team into a hell hole and it's going to take awhile to get out. Does not happen in 1 season. I predict 1 win by the texans in first 7 weeks. After that they should start winning more.

The Pencil Neck
09-11-2006, 03:38 PM
I answered My Mother because I don't think ANYONE is to blame for this loss. We played a better team and we lost. I know some people were expecting to win this game but I wasn't. The Eagles are just too good of a team. We lost because of the Eagle's coaching staff and Donovan McNabb.

At the time, I felt a little let down by our D but we played them very hard. I went back and looked over some plays and I'm not let down any more. We have to play better but we're a young team learning a new system. The Eagles have everything in place and have been doing it for years. We don't have that sort of tradition behind us, yet.

The same is true of the running game. I expected better but... jeez, this is the EAGLE'S Defense. These guys are monsters. They prepared for us by preparing for Denver and we don't have as much talent or tradition as Denver at this point. Their coaches are way too good to allow their team to look past us.

So... I don't blame anyone for losing this game. And I doubt I'll blame anyone for losing next week either.

srstex
09-11-2006, 03:44 PM
I answered the caoching staff, mainly due to the fact that they went away from evrything that worked on offense, and stuck with the one thing that stunk, our running game. Kubiak needs to look at film from last year, this kind of play calling is why there was a vacancy this year.

Double Barrel
09-11-2006, 04:34 PM
It was a team loss. No single aspect of the team performed well enough to be considered a 'success'. We had moments, but as a whole, the Texans first game gets an F.

HJam72
09-12-2006, 12:18 AM
Well, I was expecting us to lose by about 7 points, or maybe 3 if our players were REALLY jacked up for this game. I thought we might even sneak in a win here, but I certainly wasn't expecting it. I'm not upset that we lost or really even that we lost by 2 touchdowns. I'm upset that we're STILL getting dominated in the trenches. Hopefully, that is because Philly is even better in the trenches than I thought, which, frankly, probably makes them Super Bowl contenders. That is my hope.

I'll tell you one thing I know for sure: next Sunday we definitely will play a Super Bowl contender in their house and it's gonna be really ugly if we're not ready for it. There's one way to stop Peyton Manning and that is with a serious pass rush. We might have one if we send all 11 players. :brickwall

eric138
09-12-2006, 07:33 AM
I blame Capers and Co for not building a real team the first four years.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-12-2006, 07:36 AM
I blame Capers and Co for not building a real team the first four years.

Ahem to that Eric........... Dom and Charlie...........made this mess now someone else has to clean it up.....:brickwall

yourfavoritetexan42
09-12-2006, 08:29 AM
The reason why the texans loss was based on a number of things. First off, we never got the running game going...when we turned to be one dimensional... the eagles just blitzed the crap out of us and on defense we were just getting worn down because our offense couldn't stay on the field. Our defense didn't put consistent pressure on McNabb, and that gave him even more time to pick us apart. A young secondary also made a few crucial mistakes which broke open the game.

I think Carr had a solid game, and he was what I was worried about most this season...he did better than plummer did in this scheme and I am finally convinced that this is our guy for years to come and he will lead us to the promise land one day, whether that day will be this year, or two years down the road he will one day do it, he is a great athlete, and made some good reads/throws and put up some good numbers. Imagine if he would of had a running game.

I think the Domanick Davis injury hurt our chance from making the playoffs...I will say it now, if we had DD we would have won yesterday. We would have gotten up early, then just started our running game going, we would have worn out their D, hit them over the top a few times with Dre and Emoulds. Our defense would have been fresh and there would be a W in the morning paper.

my :twocents:

jerek
09-12-2006, 09:30 AM
Texan fans thought the Bills were SB contenders last year--NOTTTT.

I've seen several people say this, and at first I thought it was a joke, but now I'm not so sure. Did anybody really think the Bills were Super Bowl contenders after they beat us last year? The difference between yesterday's Eagles and last year's Bills is night and day. We got outplayed and outcoached in both but the caliber of our performance and the opponents in those two losses are totally incomparable.

DocBar
09-12-2006, 10:04 AM
I had to go "entire team". The D wa horrible and the running game nonexistant. IMO, if we could have run the ball, different ballgame. Seemed a WHOLE LOT like last year. I'm befuddled as to why. Did all of our opponents lay down this preseason to give us false hope?? The D-line couldn't stop the run OR pressure McNabb much(again like last year). The only reason I'm not on suicide watch right now is new coach, new system= takes time to learn. I'm glad Edge is in Arizona and Faulk is retired. Either one would have a field day against the D we showed Sunday. I DID like the fact that TJ had his hat knocked off like 3 times. He was fairly active when he was in. Carr, for the most part, seemed comfortable in the pocket, but had a "deer in the headlights" look about him in close-ups during the huddle. Nice touch on mos tof his passes. Anyone think Dayne will be featured a little more next week or do we stay with the youngsters?

Texans Horror
09-12-2006, 10:12 AM
I think I know where this is coming from. If I remember correctly, the 2004 Bills barely missed the play-offs. They were 9-7 or something. So going into the 2005 season, a lot of people were putting them up as play-off contenders and one of the tougher teams we would face. For anyone who's kept up with the Eagles post-game discussions, this probably sounds familiar. Just because they easily beat Houston in the first game is not a good measuring stick for the rest of the Eagles/Bills seasons. Just because we lost to a team does not make them play-off bound.

Edit: This sounds like I'm replying to Jerek, but I'm not. I'm responding to the idea of using the first game as a measuring stick for the rest of the year.

tburdette
09-12-2006, 10:25 AM
The secondary. Our safeties are a joke.

BigBull17
09-12-2006, 11:52 AM
Two players had good games on the Texans.... Carr and Ryans.

The defense gave it up. Holes in coverage, getting beat by Westbrook and Buckhalter in numerous flare/screen plays (except one where Dunta shut it down).

David Carr had success when he played deep. I can't believe I am saying it but he really did well with the deep passes. Kubiak may be onto something here....

Our running game was unsuccessful due to the fact that the Eagles D-line is so strong, especially when they are against the Texans O-line. Five sacks, but I wasn't surprised by that. What surprised me is how well David played. He dogged one sack (I admit it was his fault, he could have avoided it), but three of them were not his fault whatsoever... just the Eagles D-line and a tough blitz.

Ryans shut down many plays. He is the future leader of this Texans defense. I can't wait to see what he can do once we get moving.

All in all.... I really can't say I expected much. The first quarter was a mirage... we played really well for a while. But we had to face the fact that their D-line was just too much for us at current strength.

Good call on Carr and Ryans, Carr made some great throws and Ryans flew around and made some good tackles. One thing people need to reliez is that this is year one of a new sceme(sp). We have alot to learn and its gonna get worse befor it gets better. Last year was an annomally,the Eagles look back to form from their Superbowl apperence and Mcnabb has alot to prove to T.O. They were better and got after us. Their blitz package was perfect, they seemed to call them everytime we motioned the RB out of the backfield. Carr needed to call a time out a couple of times when they had 9 people showing and we had no back and one TE. They out coached us and out played us, but its the first game of a fresh start so calm down and get ready to play against Indy. And as far as Mario goes, they made the comment about the Eagles oline has been together for a long time, and they have been good for most of it, so things will improve. P.S, RB burned up Clevland and next week he gets some other bozos, wait till he plays a good team befor you anoint him Jehova. Peace.