PDA

View Full Version : Can we see a REAL defense? please?

kenneth24
09-10-2006, 05:25 PM
How can the Texans defense allow so many holes in coverage? Even on screen passes there was nobody even close enough for the lineman to pick up. Seemed like every 3rd down play the CB's were giving a huge cushion to the receivers. Did anybody see the time that Donovan McNabb had to throw the ball? I saw Babin get pressure on him once but other that there was nothing and Babin must have timed that snap really well. Is that how much time a QB is supposed to have in the NFL or is that just how bad our D is? The Eagles made great adjustments to our already porous defense in the second half and completely destroyed us in the second half and did a great job of keeping control of the ball. How do we go from a 10-7 lead with a minute to go before the half and lose 24-10? How do we allow the Eagles to go 75 yards (or however many yards it was!) in less than a minute to take the lead and the momentum?!? Just had to get the rant off my chest!:twocents:

Htown34s
09-10-2006, 05:30 PM
It was the DL's fault not the DB's. When you have 6-7 seconds to throw thats enough time to pick any secondary appart.

Actually, I was amazed that even with no pressure, McNabb was unable to find someone open on a lot of the plays.

kenneth24
09-10-2006, 05:45 PM
The whole defense was the problem but getting no pressure on the QB is problem #1.

blockhead83
09-10-2006, 06:01 PM
Our corners played fine today. Our safeties were so-so (CC Brown's blown coverage really hurt but he's still learning). When you give McNabb that much time to throw, he's going to hurt you. Our defense will improve when they find a way to get to the quarterback.

Tulip
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Honestly, I wondered for a moment if Vic Fangio was back. That didn't look like the preseason defense. And I thought the pre-season defenses were supposed to look more vanilla than the regular season, not vice versa.

dml923
09-10-2006, 06:16 PM
the defense looked like a high school team. the d-line coudnt get through once and mario did absolutly nothing. The Db's looked slow and gave no coverage. The only player who looked good was Demeco Ryans he had like 11 tackles and seemed to be doing everything right. I think that the texans will have another last in the league season with this defense

Mr. White
09-10-2006, 06:57 PM
I remember when the Oilers first changed their defense to the "46" when Buddy Ryan came in. They had a tough time getting used to it. They lost a lot of games but ended up winning the division.

The change to the 4-3 isn't as drastic as that one. I also don't think that we'll win the division. I'm hoping that these guys are still learning the defense and will improve every week.

run-david-run
09-10-2006, 07:02 PM
The thing is, with a guy like Stalworth, you have to respect his speed and leave a saftey over the top. It seemed we ussualy had Sanders on him and Drob on Reggie Brown. However, we neither coverd Stallworth or pressured McNabb.

phan1
09-10-2006, 07:37 PM
That Oline took us to school pretty much...

CMoak1982
09-10-2006, 07:39 PM
Agreed Phan 1

Reddevil63
09-10-2006, 07:58 PM
That Oline took us to school pretty much...
True, and I was not impressed with either safety today. CC's blown coverage stands out the most, but they were late to the ball on screens and didnt tackle very well at all. But hey, we arent going to the Super Bowl this season, lets just get better every game and get ready for the playoffs in 2007.

thunderkyss
09-10-2006, 08:06 PM
I know this doesn'r really help, but the refs blew at least 5 holding calls against the eagles......

If we'd have gotten those calls, alot of those plays would've came back, and a few more Eagle's drives would have stalled.

thunderkyss
09-10-2006, 08:09 PM
the defense looked like a high school team. the d-line coudnt get through once and mario did absolutly nothing. The Db's looked slow and gave no coverage. The only player who looked good was Demeco Ryans he had like 11 tackles and seemed to be doing everything right. I think that the texans will have another last in the league season with this defense

Lets see how the guys respond to this game first...... If they can bounce back, and have a good showing against Indy, and AFC South team they are more familiar with, we'll be Okay.

edo783
09-10-2006, 08:51 PM
One of the things that jumped out to me about the defense, is that as a unite they seem to be slow overall as a group. Day late and a dollar short type of slow. Close no cigar type thing....Mmmm guess that's enough, ya get the point I expect.

Texans Horror
09-10-2006, 09:18 PM
We made so much effort to change the defense this offseason, but it's going to take them awhile to shift. I expect to see the results by Cleveland... :)

LoneStarState
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
I expect to see the results by Cleveland... :)
Oh I hope so! :brickwall