PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to hear any of these excuses!

gtexan02
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM
1. The OL Looked good, it was Carr who caused the sacks.
-This is total BS and everyone knows it. Carr should be able to hold the ball for 3 full seconds, not have to scramble out and throw it away every time. Other than the time he tripped, the poor blocking by our backs and TEs caused the majority of the rest.

2. MW was double teamed.
-No he wasn't, except for that stunt play. MW bit on every fake, bull rushed almost ever ytime, and was a very large NON-FACTOR today. Does that mean he's going to be a bust? Nope, but today he was.

3. Bush's success should be discounted becaues it was against Cleveland
-Again, total BS. Take what you get. Bush had a GREAT game, and looked better than McCallister. Cleveland's D has a lot of good additions this year, and I'm tired of hearing this as an excuse

4. Its ok to play this bad against a great NFC team.
-What happened to all the trash talking against the Eagles? They can't run the ball, they can't stop the run, their best CB was out. What do we do? Roll over after the 2nd quarter. The last series of the Eagles running over us was an embarassment to our D.

I liked some things, but this game left me feelling very bad about our #1 pick and the hope of our "IMPROVED" line play (both D and O)

RocKetHtown
09-10-2006, 03:19 PM
hahaha your funny OL looked good..your joking ??????????????

gtexan02
09-10-2006, 03:22 PM
Uhhhh, read the post there buddy. I said I DON't Want to hear that! I've already heard it so many times before.

Grid
09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
on #1.. I disagree (partly).

The Eagles have a good Dline and a good pass rush.. we held up fairly good against the sack.

One or two of the sacks WERE Carrs fault.. but they werent game breakers.

Where the Oline really sucked was run blocking. You gotta do a better job than that of run blocking. That was pitiful.

RocKetHtown
09-10-2006, 03:32 PM
o dang sorry bout that...My bad

Goldeagle
09-10-2006, 03:40 PM
610 sucks!

Bush had an ok game against a team that Rudi Johnson will run for 160 against, not just total yards.

gg no re
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I disagreed on #4. The Eagles have remained very consistent in the last 5 years, so it's not a sorry excuse to say they were the better team.

Of course, hearing that the Texans would roll over the Iggles was the first time I ever heard it in the last few weeks. If that's what everyone was saying, then please.... puff puff and pass, don't mess the rotation.

Goldeagle
09-10-2006, 03:44 PM
he's not getting all the carries just yet.

True