PDA

View Full Version : My pee pee hurts

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 03:13 PM
Well at least we only have 15 more games to wait and we will get a legit NFL caliber Running Back. He is a perfect fit for the one cut and turns it up field kinda back. Lundy does not brak any tackles, and Kubiak thinks he is better than Morency. Well it looks like it is going to be a long season.

RocKetHtown
09-10-2006, 03:18 PM
we dont need him we need to toss the ball on 1st down more

gtexan02
09-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Don't tell Kris Brown.

texplayer2
09-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Well at least we only have 15 more games to wait and we will get a legit NFL caliber Running Back. He is a perfect fit for the one cut and turns it up field kinda back. Lundy does not brak any tackles, and Kubiak thinks he is better than Morency. Well it looks like it is going to be a long season.

We don't need him. Any RB works in our new system.:rolleyes: I think next year will be a QB or another DL Man.:cool:

PapaL
09-10-2006, 08:12 PM
Every "new" team goes through this, some worse than others. You know you could always sell your tickets, ebay your all you gear, move from Texas, and cut your loses.

Texans Horror
09-10-2006, 08:15 PM
If the light at the end of the tunnel is play-off contention, then I'm with you. It is still very far away. If it is for a more competitive team, game-to-game, then the Texans are closer than you think.

PapaL
09-10-2006, 08:17 PM
We don't need him. Any RB works in our new system.:rolleyes: I think next year will be a QB or another DL Man.:cool:

If we spend one more 1st round pick on our Dline, I'm going to lose it. We already have 3 of them. Lets go with DB in the first. We need have giant drop off in talent between our #1 and #2 DB.

Sarg01
09-10-2006, 08:26 PM
The poor running play today was more on an excellent Philly defense than on us. They left our wideouts in single coverage all day, in order to shut down the run and we took advantage of that several times.

Our two problems were pass protection and failure to recognize the run was accomplishing nothing - we had one run of more than 3 yards until Philly seemed to go into prevent mode.

Sarg01
09-10-2006, 08:31 PM
Personally, I'm hoping for another LB in the 1st and a FS in the 2nd. In any case, I don't expect to be picking top 10.

I didn't really trust Lewis Sanders, but I haven't seen him smoked, either today or in pre-season.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 08:34 PM
I'd love for adrian peterson to come to the Texans however... we need LB and secondary help

LoneStarState
09-10-2006, 08:58 PM
I'd love for adrian peterson to come to the Texans however... we need LB and secondary help
They can get that thru free agency... :rolleyes:

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 09:06 PM
They can get that thru free agency... :rolleyes:
Never again :brickwall Demeco is proof that we need to go for LBs early in the Draft, Free Agency just doesn't do it for us. I do NOT want another Greenwood.

thetexanator
09-10-2006, 09:10 PM
we dont need a great running back. Anyone can run in the system that kubes has installed. oh wait. :ok:

LoneStarState
09-10-2006, 09:11 PM
Demeco is proof that we need to go for LBs early in the Draft
Ever think that Demeco may be the exception? Just because we were lucky to get Demeco early this year doesn't mean that the next LB avaible in an early round is gonna be another Demeco (see Jason Babin...)

Johnny Utah
09-10-2006, 09:14 PM
The Texans actually need a DE that can get some pressure on the QB.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 09:16 PM
Jason Babin was a DE, and my point is, that the Texans organization has yet to make a big FA move that has incredibly helped the defense. Ok, that may be an overstatement, but most of our Good players came from the Draft. Dunta, , Ryans I'll even throw in Babin, Peek, and Orr (Did we draft Orr?) in there, even though Babin and Peek were thrown into uncomfortable situations.

We haven't done much in FA to help this team. Weaver (Our D-line needs more leadership from this guy).
Other moves in FA to help the defense include Greenwood, and Robaire Smith

hot pickle
09-10-2006, 09:19 PM
some of yall are unbelieveable, it was the first Fv<k1n game of the season. and its not like the eagles are just an average team, they are a good team
and the o-line is good and so is the QB

Txn_in_Oki
09-10-2006, 09:20 PM
This makes my eye twitch.

Napa Auto Parts
09-10-2006, 09:35 PM
why would we all of sudden want peterson when we passed on R.Bush thats just plain Dumb We need Our own Brady a fighting Irish.:hides:

DBCooper
09-10-2006, 09:50 PM
I don't care about the Broncos. I am a Texans fan, or at least I am trying to be.....

"Do" or "Do not",

there is no try.

TexansLucky13
09-10-2006, 09:51 PM
"Do" or "Do not",

there is no try.

Agreed. I am tired of this fairweather garbage. Some would label me as a :homer: because I have faith in the team even after todays loss. As I often do, I call them out on flawed logic.

Sarg01
09-10-2006, 09:52 PM
Ever think that Demeco may be the exception? Just because we were lucky to get Demeco early this year doesn't mean that the next LB avaible in an early round is gonna be another Demeco (see Jason Babin...)

Babin is/was a DE when we drafted him, and many thought we reached for him with pick #27.

I agree we were lucky to get DeMeco at Pick #33 this year - having rated him the 9th best rookie in the draft class - but LBs slide pretty hard on draft day. Hawk and Sims going top 10 this year was the exception, not the rule. If you're picking in the 11-15 range, which is where I figure the Texans end up, you generally get a shot at one the top 2 LBs.

2001 - Andre Carter picked #7, Dan Morgan picked #11, Kendrell Bell picked #39
2002 - First LB taken at #23 (Napoleon Harris). Will Witherspoon in early 3rd, David Thornton in mid-4th.
2003 - First LB taken at #29 (Nick Barnett - ROY)
2004 - Vilma (ROY) at #12, DJ Williams at #17, Karlos Dansby at #33
2005 - Ware (3-4 OLB) at #11, Merriman (3-4 OLB) at #12, Derrick Johnson at #15, Tatupu (ROY) at #45

BattleRedRaider
09-10-2006, 09:57 PM
Agreed. I am tired of this fairweather garbage. Some would label me as a :homer: because I have faith in the team even after todays loss. As I often do, I call them out on flawed logic.

It's not fun watching and hearing Texans fans complaining about today's game after one loss.

On another board, another Texans fan said "Damn Texans! Mario Williams isn't worth jack! 141 total yards for Bush today, wonder if that would have helped?"

Oh yeah, that was fun responding to.

Then my father, former Oilers fan/now Texans fan, was upset about the draft (He's over that now....LIKE EVERYONE ELSE SHOULD BE), and also upset about today's game. I just told him "It's only been one game", he nodded in agreement, and moved on.

For me, I'd rather be optimistic and try to look for the positives, instead of nitpicking and calling for a re-draft.

phantom17
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
I just think everyone needs to calm down & be happy that there is another game next Sunday, & see how the team progresses! To me, this is the fun part!:)

thunderkyss
09-10-2006, 09:59 PM
When are we going to be rewarded for our loyalty. The Texans just seem to be an emotional and monetary blackhole. I am sick at what I saw today. The light at the end of the tunnel seems far away.

The Panthers were held to 6 points...... two field goals. They gave up 20 to a guy that isn't really a QB, who has no recievers.

TambaBAy... the tough defensive Buccaneers gave up 27points to Tennessee's rejects...... to a beat up old QB........ to a team that doesn't believe in high scoring games..... and they got shut out....... no points on the board at all.

Denver gave up 5 turnovers as they lost to the worst team in the AFC West.

Dallas....... who some say will be going to the SuperBowl this year..... who are supposed to have a top 10 defense this year..... gave up 34 points to an overrated Jacksonville Jaguars team........ Their QB is Gary Coleman on stilts..

Panther fans....... Buccaneer fans.... Denver fans..... Dallas fans...... I doubt any of them are giving up on their seasons right now.

We aren't "supposed" to get to .500 this year......... what are you crying about??

TexansLucky13
09-10-2006, 10:01 PM
The Panthers were held to 6 points...... two field goals. They gave up 20 to a guy that isn't really a QB, who has no recievers.

TambaBAy... the tough defensive Buccaneers gave up 27points to Tennessee's rejects...... to a beat up old QB........ to a team that doesn't believe in high scoring games..... and they got shut out....... no points on the board at all.

Denver gave up 5 turnovers as they lost to the worst team in the AFC West.

Dallas....... who some say will be going to the SuperBowl this year..... who are supposed to have a top 10 defense this year..... gave up 34 points to an overrated Jacksonville Jaguars team........ Their QB is Gary Coleman on stilts..

Panther fans....... Buccaneer fans.... Denver fans..... Dallas fans...... I doubt any of them are giving up on their seasons right now.

We aren't "supposed" to get to .500 this year......... what are you crying about??

lol: :thumbup

Excellent!

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
I sold my four PSLs in the Club section on ebay for $260. These are the same PSLs for which I paid $8,400. Obviously no one wants to buy an option to have to overpay for tickets. But I'm thrilled i didn't lay down another 10 grand to watch this POC team play. Once all the PSL contracts start to roll off, beginning at the end of this year, the Texans have a real problem. This team sucks. Buried in these threads is my predicition of a 3-13 season, that may have been optimistic -

Good don't come back after you see this in the future.......

:texflag: :trophy:

hot pickle
09-10-2006, 10:03 PM
i think Dayne will be playin next sunday, so it brings a different type of RB to our rushing game

Tale Gator
09-10-2006, 10:04 PM
I sold my four PSLs in the Club section on ebay for $260. These are the same PSLs for which I paid $8,400.

You're quite the businessman.

BattleRedRaider
09-10-2006, 10:04 PM
A man of my own heart and logic! Positive rep to you, my friend. I could not have explained things better than you have.

It wasn't difficult for me to explain it. I have faith in Kubiak, and I didn't expect him to turn the Texans into the next Super Bowl contenders in one game.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Lol, I love what you changed the title of this thread to.

Sarg01
09-10-2006, 10:10 PM
Jason Babin was a DE, and my point is, that the Texans organization has yet to make a big FA move that has incredibly helped the defense.

Great point.

Our only free agent/trade pick up in the past 5 years that's proven itself was Moulds. Sanders looks like he's got some promise in him. I'm not ready to write Flanagan and Weaver off after one game, and they're the next two on the list.

So who else have we picked up that way? Buchanan, Greenwood, Kevin Walter, Putzier, Weigert, Robaire (cut), Wade (cut), Dayne, Cook, several scrub LBs that I can't even remember, the guy that replaced Matt Stevens (blanking on name)

That's a pretty low success rate. On the other hand, 7 of our 11 offensive starters are Texan draft picks, with our most promising backups Winston and Morency being Texan-drafted. Same on the defense, 7 of 11 starters were Texan-drafted. Our best backups, Peek and Babin, were also Texan draft choices.

infantrycak
09-10-2006, 10:12 PM
Lol, I love what you changed the title of this thread to.

Well geez, my pee pee was hurting just reading this bunch of whiney losers.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-10-2006, 10:17 PM
Well geez, my pee pee was hurting just reading this bunch of whiney losers.

Highly agree infantrycak........some of these people are not even happy to have a team, we should all be thanking Bob Mcnair for bringing the Texans to Houston so we have the pleasure to enjoy football again here, so stop :crying:

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 10:25 PM
Great point.

Our only free agent/trade pick up in the past 5 years that's proven itself was Moulds. Sanders looks like he's got some promise in him. I'm not ready to write Flanagan and Weaver off after one game, and they're the next two on the list.

So who else have we picked up that way? Buchanan, Greenwood, Kevin Walter, Putzier, Weigert, Robaire (cut), Wade (cut), Dayne, Cook, several scrub LBs that I can't even remember, the guy that replaced Matt Stevens (blanking on name)

That's a pretty low success rate. On the other hand, 7 of our 11 offensive starters are Texan draft picks, with our most promising backups Winston and Morency being Texan-drafted. Same on the defense, 7 of 11 starters were Texan-drafted. Our best backups, Peek and Babin, were also Texan draft choices.

Yay! you took my point, and added depth (Hooray for the season of depth!)

Too bad for this
You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Maybe tommorrow.

FirstTexansFan
09-10-2006, 11:09 PM
You're quite the businessman.

I'd say he's more like quite the BS'er :) If you can find me 4 PSL's for $260, I'll take'em right now hehe He's a troll looking for attention :)

mexican_texan
09-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Oh no, the season is lost! Let's pack it in, let's mail in the next 15 games because our team, which is under construction, can't beat one of the elite teams in the league! Let's name our game vs Cleveland the Peterson bowl. All hope is lost. Mario is a huge bust! He may have been in McNabb's face a lot and altered the running backs' routes, but he only had three tackles! No sacks, no INTs, no deaths, he sucks!

C'mon, give me a break. The running game was horrible, but the Eagles probably have the best D-line with the addition of Darren Howard, not to mention the Pro Bowl defenders Brian Dawkins, Lito Sheppard, Micheal Lewis, and Jeremiah Trotter. It's going to be like the draft talk: same things said over and over again, but with different wording.

utahmark
09-10-2006, 11:46 PM
I have been a season ticket holder since the beginning. I have 2 PSLs in Section 105. I have been following the birth of this team since the beginning as well. I like a lot of others have invested a lot of money and emotion into the rebirth of the NFL in Houston.

At the beginning, I thought things were going to be different. McNair seems classy, loved the logo, loved that tailgating and other fan friendly measure were adopted, we won our first game, etc.

However, this team has been an absolute abortion up until this point. I vowed to quit caring after the draft debacle; however, the Texans are like a rash that won't go away and I can't stop caring since they are the Houston team.

I just feel like a big sucker. They have their Liberty White Out today and like a lemming (which they wanted us all to be) bought a white Texans t-shirt from Academy to wear to the game (all my other Texans gear are in Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red).

When are we going to be rewarded for our loyalty. The Texans just seem to be an emotional and monetary blackhole. I am sick at what I saw today. The light at the end of the tunnel seems far away.

the beginning of every year you have a couple of negative posts then fade away. im still waiting for something postive. i dont think they are trying to lose and if you hate them so much you could of stayed in new york and watched the manning brothers.

BattleRedRaider
09-10-2006, 11:51 PM
I'd like to know how you responded because I know how I would. Here is my response:

Reggie Bush played the CLEVELAND BROWNS and ONLY had 141 yds total and NO TOUCHDOWNS!!!! For a guy who is supposed to redefine the RB position that sucks against a bad NFL team. And then to make matters worse you are dumb enough to equate the BROWNS with the EAGLES by your imposition that Reggie Bush would have acrued the same total yards against the EAGLES defense. :rofl:

Oh, for that, I didn't want to go into much detail (I'm tired of arguing about it, quite frankly), so I just said this:

"Oh yeah, sure, Bush's 150-ish total yards would have totally helped the Texans' pass covering problems.:rolleyes: "

Dawgnme
09-11-2006, 12:45 AM
Anybody who drops their hard-earned paper for season tix has a right to beeyach as far as I'm concerned - I'm 4 years deep myself. I just wish that you complaining arses would just give up your tix like Club Boy so real fans like me can move closer to the 50!

BWPaint
09-11-2006, 12:53 AM
Team is a joke, as well as the organization

Brandon420tx
09-11-2006, 12:56 AM

Your right, The Titans are a joke. This belongs in the NFL section.

utahmark
deja vu!

BWPaint
so the season tickets did not go up this year, but all the concessions went up 27% Percent......

...to bad the quality of players and play did not do the same..

...if my company produced this quality of product for 5 years in a row, I bet I would be out of business....

....not to mention working off a percentage of the county's and city's tax payers dollars...

what a joke

TexansLucky13
09-11-2006, 12:57 AM
Your right, The Titans are a joke. This belongs in the NFL section.

LOL. Agreed.

BWPaint
09-11-2006, 12:57 AM
I was not referring to the titans

TexanSam
09-11-2006, 12:58 AM
You couldn't put this in any of the other threads dedicated to this?

caspian
09-11-2006, 01:00 AM
I was a very frustrated fan the day after the draft. I thought I'd share what I wrote in my blog at the time. Sometimes it's therapeutic to be able to laugh at your team (and yourself).

These are frustrating times (no doubt); and sometimes it is hard to forgive the franchise its decisions. But there are lot more important things in life...so whatever...I'll just keep watching, rooting, and hoping...

----------------------
The Texans just passed on Reggie Bush AND Vince Young...in favor of filling the actual greatest postition need on the team and some extra picks, you ask? No. In favor of a guy who lost to another defensive player for MVP of his team.

I became an instant Houston Texans fan two years before they had ever played a down upon hearing that they were going to be called the "Texans". I believe that selection and the one of their logo would battle for the single best decision they've made to this day.

They're not from my city, but they truly won my heart during those early years...you know, those years before they played.

Here's my dead-honest opinion on the matter: I can't say I know the future, but I think the odds of regretting this decision are awful high. I'll be more surprised and impressed in this team's pick than any other decision in history if this turns out to be even just an equally good selection. I can't even hope that this was an awesome selection.

Reggie and Vince were not just freaky physical specimens. They were proven game-changers with the stats to complement their highlights, even on a big stage against the best competition of arguably the decade.

I was feeling somewhat guilty about the fact that I knew I would favor any team that moved to San Antonio. That San Antonio could have gotten a football team of its own must never have crossed my mind.

I'm still hanging with the Texans, but I actually want the New Orleans Saints (who got Reggie Bush at #2) to move to San Antonio now. I want it. And I wouldn't feel an ounce of guilt.

The Pencil Neck
09-11-2006, 01:06 AM
I just feel like a big sucker. They have their Liberty White Out today and like a lemming (which they wanted us all to be) bought a white Texans t-shirt from Academy to wear to the game (all my other Texans gear are in Deep Steel Blue and Battle Red).

The light at the end of the tunnel is that we have a freaking football team.

I've said this before and I'll say it again, I don't give a rat's ass if they don't have a winning season ever, I'm going to be here rooting and cheering for them. Come rain or come shine, this is my team.

If you don't like them, if you don't think you can handle the emotional ups and downs of being a real fan, then every year make a list of the teams that you think might win the superbowl and start cheering for them. You can always switch allegiance if you see a team is doing better than the one you were being a fan for.

You've got an Oiler logo as your avatar. Were you REALLY an Oiler fan or were you only an Oiler fan when they were winning? Because the Oilers were a bad team more often than they were a good team. Did you ever stop cheering for them and start cheering for another team?

Dawkins
09-11-2006, 02:17 AM
Kubiak has this team on the right track. I don't know why I'm seeing so many people trashing the organization and the team after one game. Capers and Co. left quite a mess for you Texans fans and especially Kubiak and his staff to clean up.

tavisht2002
09-11-2006, 04:00 AM
What in the world is houston supposed to be doing. Were is the preseaon team that went 3 and 1 before the seaon even started. What were they ecpecting from philli for them to lay down after houston scored the first td give me a break . Man the first drive was spectacular but then they were done . Then they only got a feild goal thru the rest of the game give me a break guys . While i am at it what the heck happened to super mario . Where was he did he even play today ?. There was alot of hype about him this year and as much as i repect bob mcnair espically for his comment on why he got mario willams where in texans football was he today 52 54 56 million dollars worth of where was he? I mean if you are paid that kind of money shouldnt you be a play maker instead of the invisable man. There are some of us that spend the money buying memoriabila the jersys the hats the works to show our support for our team this is one texans fan that is thinking about not being broke no more i have at least 2000 dollars worth of merchindise and was at the game on sunday and i am starting to feel jipped. I have been at every home game for the last 5 years and i dont even own season tickets now add that up everyone. No tickets didnt go up thats great but from what we at the game saw and every one at home saw maybe they should have. To get a better player that was worth the money. i have been a houston football fan from the time i can recall watching the games as a child im 32 now and starting to feel disapointed in the franchise itself ..what happend to the offense 5 sacks come on abracadabra heres a hole for ya philli you can have our qb were ok with that . thats how it seemed to me . defense the same way ... you can have the td we are ok with that so in my eyes houston get ready for another 2 and 14 season i understand that capers crapped out on us but man did this realy look like the team that was supposed to be in a rebuild era ? i think not it looked more like last years team. but i must say andre jonson great reception eric moulds good job but one good drive that scores them 7 pints first doesent mean its time to lay down and die it means keep frickin fighting to keep 7 points ahead of the other team but i will be the first to confese i am a die hard texans fan have been for 5 years now and will be forever . and even though i am dogging my team right now i will be there for the next home game to cheer them on and if they are on the road i will put my body in my favorite chair with my favorite drink and favorite snack cheering them on next week beacuse ya just dont give up on your team ask all the cheeseheads and bears fans that are still doing it today
AND EVEN THOUGHT SOME ARE UPSET AND SOME ARE REALY ANNOYED WITH THE TEAM ALL I GOTTA SAY WELL GET EM NEXT WEEK ---LETS GO BIG BLUE

HJam72
09-11-2006, 04:45 AM
I'm sorry to say this, but I'm beginning to think Houston has bad teams because the fans won't stop buying tickets to see crud on the field. Most other cities would not support this. They'd just root for somebody else. I know it's lame to just root for whoever won the Super Bowl last year, but I'm tired of rooting for losers. The Astros FINALLY make it to a World Series and they get swept. The Rockets won two championships because ONE player was dominant and MJ retired for 2 yrs. The Oilers were enough to make you sick. They were spectacular at finding ways to lose in the playoffs, even when they had the best team in the NFL on a few occasions. Now, the Texans are in perpetual expansion franchise mode. I can just see us 20 yrs. from now saying, "Just wait 'till these new rookies get some experience. It's gonna be great in ANOTHER 4 or 5 years." I expected us to lose today and I knew that Philly was good in the trenches, but we got STOMPED at the line (on both sides of the ball) from 1:00 to go in the first half to the end of the game. I'm sick of watching this team lose in the trenches on both sides of the ball. It's an embarrassment.

Yeah, it's great to have the NFL back in Houston, but not a team that is an embarrassment every week. It's not because we didn't get Bush, because that won't help the line. It's not because we didn't get Young, because Carr played at a level that Young won't reach for at least 4 more years today. You know, I think part of the problem may be that we let Robaire Smith go. I know that he wasn't worth his pay, but where's the pass rush now??? Kubiak is probably a good answer for this problem, but he better be, because this team is going to be looking at Cowboys jerseys all over Houston otherwise, and I really hate to see that happen.

Some of our shameless fans even wear Titans jerseys just because the Longhorns won a championship. :rolleyes:

I'm proud to not own one single NFL jersey. I root for one team and I have every reason to be embarrassed to be seen in one of their jerseys. Don't support crap and maybe we'll stop seeing it.

To be honest, I don't know how much of the sacks were really on O-linemen. I know RBs missed blocks on blitzes. I'm sure of that, but, regardless, the pass blocking was bad and the run blocking and pass rush were both horrible.

Cgold
09-11-2006, 06:43 AM
get beyond the blindness because VY is hometown guy. He is so far away from being ready for the NFL. Atleast mario can start right now, even though he's yet to excite. Reggie was the pick all the way.. especially without DD.. the staff is going to be kicking its own butts for years.. VY is an exciting player to watch but in no way is not ready to play in the NFL. Hes got atleast a couple years to even begin to be effective
He played 4 plays yesterday and still managed to find time to throw an UGLY pass and get intercepted.. If the titans went and got KERRY FRIGGING COLLINS you think VY is ready to start for an NFL team, hes not even close.. Now put him in behind the texans O-line.... hahah... he wouldnt be the savior everyone thinks he is.. he would be a lost, overated rookie in the NFL that gets so much hype because he can kinda run like Vick.. Vicks been in the league now for 6 years???? and still cant get his team to the playoffs consitantly with a much better team then the texans all around.. and VY will not be Mike VICK.. i guarentee.. Whoever disagrees, print this put in on your wall so you remember who said it if you think you'll be able to come back and say im wrong :drool: An excting player is one thing, but VY would not equal wins for this team.. I think its been proven by now that a rocket fast runner with a cannon arm but below average accuracy, does not come close in comparison to a slower than dirt pocket passer that can make every throw

Doom Capers
09-11-2006, 07:27 AM
Kubiak has this team on the right track. I don't know why I'm seeing so many people trashing the organization and the team after one game. Capers and Co. left quite a mess for you Texans fans and especially Kubiak and his staff to clean up.

people seem to think it is easy to win in the nfl

Hulk75
09-11-2006, 07:31 AM
:yawn: Yea sure.

AlbinoRat
09-11-2006, 07:54 AM
let me start out by saying i wanted bush. simply because the excitement he brings to the game. we made the right choice drafting how we did. We filled our immediate needs. our problem isnt carr or lundy. Its the oline. i do hope we get a solid db in the first round next season, followed by oline, hopefully the guy from penn state will still be there. but blaming lundy for a sucky line is just plain wrong. this is all coming from the guy who said williams would destroy mcnabb. give it time, rookies have to settle in. dont expect williams to have the kind of rookie year jevon kearse did with the titans. they are the same kind of player, physical freaks, but kearse had a much better supporting cast. now i leave you with a quote given to me many a time... somethings are better left unsaid.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-11-2006, 08:48 AM
I'm saying this to just get it off my chest to ALL fair-weather fan find another MB with the winning team you crave. Houston has a Pro football team that has only 4 years and one game to its credit. Started with a Def. minded coach that for some reason never had a Def. Drafted players that did not fit his sys. and others that where/are overrated/underachivers. That coach is now(Thankfully)gone.
In with Gary Kubiak a Off. minded/ QB coach that has to work with what the prior staff left him. He is NOT a miracle worker he's a Head Football Coach. He is changing the OFF.,DEF. and the Coaching Staff and he is working with players that are demoralaize(Yes Carr haters I'm a :homer: )
Ladys and Gentleman this is a team that went 2-14 last year, we get no respect in the national media and little to nothing in the local media, get use to it. (and IF we win it will stay that way) Most agree 5-6 wins this year is a GREAT inprovement over last year, so that means 8,9,10 more LOSS THIS YEAR be ready, its going to be a bumpy road. If your writing off the season after one game are you realy a TEXAN fan at all? Please we have a very hard schedule(5th hardest in the league) we play the NFC East IMHO the best Coached div. in the NFL. on top of playing in the AFC South aginst Mr. Manning and Co.(say what you want about his playoff record in the reg. season Manning is the best QB in the game) Its going to be a long year.
After yesterdays game we now can take a deep breath and support the team or if you chose pick another one you have 31 other choices Good Luck. Football is a game of emotion ups and downs if you cant handle it STOP watching it.
As for all that have any form of tickets you should consider yourself the luckest person in the world. Some of us are not their due to location,and some due to $$$$. Dont cry over your spilt milk YOU made the decision to buy tickets know body forced you to it was YOUR choice.(and its your right to to do with them as you see fit we realy dont care on the MB.)
I'm a TEXAN fan for life good or bad I'm loyal to my team always have been and always will be. One game does not make a season 15 more to go and I'll be here on my lap-top reading the game every week. To all that keep us up to date on the MB during the game THANK YOU for all you do. Your the BEST a fellow fan can ask for.

Sportsfan
09-11-2006, 09:08 AM
Well at least we only have 15 more games to wait and we will get a legit NFL caliber Running Back.

We had our chance for that back in April but instead ate a big 'ol sh#*-burger. :stirpot:

kingh99
09-11-2006, 09:16 AM
The poor running play today was more on an excellent Philly defense than on us. They left our wideouts in single coverage all day, in order to shut down the run and we took advantage of that several times.

Our two problems were pass protection and failure to recognize the run was accomplishing nothing - we had one run of more than 3 yards until Philly seemed to go into prevent mode.

Trotter was in on the first 4 or 5 running plays. He was making a statement. I got very nervous when I saw we couldn't run. We were up and looking good at the time but I turned to my guys and said we will get beat if we don't run the ball.

kingh99
09-11-2006, 09:21 AM
We had our chance for that back in April but instead ate a big 'ol sh#*-burger. :stirpot:

McNair is such an idiot. I bought season tickets two days before they blew out the pick (Black Thursday). We would have been happy losers with Bush. I watch Mario almost every play and he's so content to hook arms with the tackle and get stood up. His game is gap penetration for backfield tackles. I don't see him as a whippet type rushing Lineman like Kearse/Peppers/Freeney. Mario is a big ole tweener :).

I cannot believe how screwed up traffic is getting out of the Yellow lot. Very unhappy first regular season experience. The traffic is a snarl that just pisses you off as person after person cuts and you have one careful idiot in front of you and must wait forever. Where are the traffic cops!!??!!

Edit: This is the "My pee pee hurts" thread so I figure you are supposed to give it your best whine if you post here.

Erratic Assassin
09-11-2006, 07:23 PM
Highly agree infantrycak........some of these people are not even happy to have a team, we should all be thanking Bob Mcnair for bringing the Texans to Houston so we have the pleasure to enjoy football again here, so stop :crying:

I think the $8,400 you dropped on those PSL plus the $10,000+ you dropped on season tickets should be thank you enough for a multi-billionaire who has everything.

I wish someone would buy me a stadium.

Texans86
09-11-2006, 07:46 PM
I think the $8,400 you dropped on those PSL plus the $10,000+ you dropped on season tickets should be thank you enough for a multi-billionaire who has everything.

I wish someone would buy me a stadium.

Then you could see how hard building a team in this league really is.

Lexington
09-11-2006, 07:56 PM
the longer we neglect the o-line, the longer we will be waiting to have a winning season

WILLIEG
09-11-2006, 08:01 PM
If Spencer doesn't work out then we need a franchise LT. We have never had one and I'm tired of seeing D. Carr on his backside. If Spenceer works out then great we should look to trade down and pick up extraa picks and go with the best available player possible. I can see us getting an DT or FS to helpl out our defense. There's no need to be getting CB's early, because ther are many athletic and fast CB's in the draft. We need extra picks in hthe second to solifify our defense. Also now that M. Bush hurt his leg he would be available in the second round and we could pick him up to improve our run game. I would love to have A. Peterson, because he is the best big back in the draft, but I don't see GK doing that. Hopefully I'm wrong!

JDizzle
09-11-2006, 08:20 PM
Whoever changed the title of the thread should get some rep thrown his or her way because I can't stop laughing at it. I forget what the original title was now ...

PapaL
09-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Is that what this thread is about? Hmmm

michaelm
09-11-2006, 08:58 PM
the longer we neglect the o-line, the longer we will be waiting to have a winning season

You must have made a wrong turn somewhere. This is the message board of a team on which 40% of the linemen are new additions. Also, this team has a different starter at every offensive line position from last season.

I wish you good luck finding the message board of whatever team you were posting about.