PDA

View Full Version : a few post game thoughts

utahmark
09-10-2006, 04:03 PM
we still dont get any pressure.

we still have some problems protecting our qb.

carr still sacked himself a couple of times.

carr played well but that sidearm delivery cost us a couple of times. put carr on the eagles and mcnabb on our side and eagles still win by about same margin.

reggie bush would of helped more this year but i think mario has a chance to help us more in the long run.

our offense looks better. defense not sure philli is a good team.

i hope philli is a good team.

babin is the only lineman that got any pressure today.

we tried to stick with the run a little to much. i could tell after the first few series we couldnt run against them.

we look like a better team.

powda
09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
offense:

carr played well and looked sharp (yes he did sack himself---i understand this)
...he played well enough to win this game.

lundy-morency...one of them better step up in a hurry. our offense is predicated on running effectivley then setting up the misdirection and play action...essentially our line was beaten in the running game and our rbs did nothing to help their cause.

the sacks...didnt bother me to much...carr didnt get completly flustered by them like ive seen before...most of the sacks were in the 2nd half when the dynamics of the game had changed...and most of them were on blitzes. lets not forget how talented the eagles front 7 is and how good their defensive coordinator has been for years.

im encouraged by moulds and johnson but i wondered where was the 3rd wideout and do we have a te?

playcalling---kub stuck with the run probably to long. carr was effective downfield when he had time.

defense:

where was shantee orr?

our safety tandem was miserable in both pass protection and run support.

we had absolutley no push from our defensive line...mcnabb had years to throw the ball.

i was encouraged by our interior run defense (guard to guard) but runs were consitently bounced outside for nice gains. were was the contain and do we even have outside linebackers?

the defense played with no sense of urgency in the second half.

in the preseason when we ran blitzes they were relativley efective...they werent in this game and we called them more seldom then i thought we would.

overall:

the eagles are a quality team (season ending win loss record may not indicate this due to their division)...we came out very sharp and then sputtered. lots of young players in a new system....we will get better as the season progresses...........................big jump in the quality of play from last season.

offense----------needs more polish and the linemen need to find a nasty streak.
defense----------need more talent and players to fit our scheme.

Goldeagle
09-10-2006, 04:45 PM
Ive never been high on our Safeties after watching them fail to cover the deep routes against a 3rd string Harvard QB for the Rams.

The Dream
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM
Reggie Bush.

Goldeagle
09-10-2006, 04:47 PM
Not high on Bush either

utahmark
09-10-2006, 04:57 PM
Reggie Bush.

14 rushes for 61 yards. against a poor defense. he wouldnt of done much today against a good eagles front 7 with our line blocking for him.