PDA

View Full Version : David Carr

Ckw
09-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Come here and bash Carr all you want. But all I can tell all you Carr haters is your are either incredibly ignorant and short-sighted or you can't get over your insatiable lust for Vince Young. Our defense looked horrible. Our offensive line provided Carr with no protection. Our receivers looked pretty good, at least Moulds and AJ. And Carr is our player of the game. He came out ready to play and has shown lots of improvement. He has improved remarkably, even after getting his a** sacked like crazy. He has made some mistake, but what quarterback doesn't. I mean McNabb threw an interception, yet Philly fans will praise him. Carr made sure he held on to the ball and he hit his receivers in stride. His pass to Moulds in the first was right on. Go have fun looking at pictures of Vince Young with his shirt off all you Carr bashers, and I'll be the one to at least try and keep an open mind about the abilities of David Carr. Carr and Ryans: co-players of the game. Bring on the Carr bashing....

NJTexanFan
09-10-2006, 03:02 PM
How can anyone bash Carr after that game, it was like one of his best him and Moulds and Andre were the only ones who actually showed promise the rest of the team looked like they didn't even wanna be there, Congrats Carr on a good game despite little pass protection

rmartin65
09-10-2006, 03:02 PM
Carr had a 102.1 passer rating and over 200 yards. He looked good. He also had some gutsy rushes.

MrMeToo
09-10-2006, 03:03 PM
The only reason Carr looked good today was because ANDRE JOHNSON (THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM BY FAR).

Ckw
09-10-2006, 03:03 PM
Believe me, I know Carr did great. But if you head into the official Eagles-Texans Thread, you will still see plenty of guys, or a few, bashing Carr. And all I can say is it is totally moronic. They just can't see the forest through the trees. But what can you do? You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink....

The Dream
09-10-2006, 03:04 PM
Carr was good today....bad defense and bad blocking and bad running blew this game for us

Brandon420tx
Come here and bash Carr all you want. But all I can tell all you Carr haters is your are either incredibly ignorant and short-sighted or you can't get over your insatiable lust for Vince Young. Our defense looked horrible. Our offensive line provided Carr with no protection. Our receivers looked pretty good, at least Moulds and AJ. And Carr is our player of the game. He came out ready to play and has shown lots of improvement. He has improved remarkably, even after getting his a** sacked like crazy. He has made some mistake, but what quarterback doesn't. I mean McNabb threw an interception, yet Philly fans will praise him. Carr made sure he held on to the ball and he hit his receivers in stride. His pass to Moulds in the first was right on. Go have fun looking at pictures of Vince Young with his shirt off all you Carr bashers, and I'll be the one to at least try and keep an open mind about the abilities of David Carr. Carr and Ryans: co-players of the game. Bring on the Carr bashing....

While I agree that there were a few plays that the O-Line could have (Your gonna hate me for this, :tease: ) "executed" better. Overall though, I felt they did a decent job.

Sportsfan
Carr played pretty good IMO. He wasn't perfect but he looked better than in the preseason.

And whats with the F*&#in SACKS!! :hairpull: I thought we were taking care of that problem!! :brickwall

gg no re
09-10-2006, 03:05 PM
That made no sense MrMeToo, given that Andre was on the team the last three years.

I'm all for witty criticisms, but that sucked.

Carr played well today. The defense and run game didn't.

BlueThunder
09-10-2006, 03:06 PM
WE WANT WINS,WE DON'T CARE ABOUT PASSER RATINGS:shoot: !

jeremywc
I think he still needs to be more mindful of when to dump the ball off when he gets hit with a blitz, but he's definitely showing improvement.

When are we going to get a working OLine? :(

Ckw
While I agree that there were a few plays that the O-Line could have (Your gonna hate me for this, :tease: ) "executed" better. Overall though, I felt they did a decent job.
I do agree that the O Line did not look terrible, but by no means did they look good. In fact, I even think they deserve the label "bad". Carr performed exceptionally well, all things considered. His slip when he was sacked was terrible, but that was his only real big mistake of the day. He showed guts and more poise than we have seen from him all year. My only point is that Carr did well, but many will simply refuse to see it.

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 03:07 PM
What, Carr sucks at reading the Blitz. The guy has 8 guys comming and he is so damn dumb he cant make the read. That 4th down play he couldn't even see that safety blitzing, hell he threw the ball right into the guy. Scew that, stats lie, Carr was sacked what 6 times and only one of those were not on a full out blitz. Carr sucks

MrMeToo
09-10-2006, 03:08 PM

Agreed.

Divebomb
O-line looks bad?????? Dude how can they bick up a 8 man blitz???? Carr has to make that read and get rid of the ball. Tom Brady does it all the time and he is way less mobile than Carr

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
Carr looked good but out of the 4 sacks he held onto the ball a little too long on one of those sacks.....:wild: he needs to stop trying to make something out of nothing, so he does not get hurt......but overall looked good....

MrMeToo
09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
I have to admit, that is the wittiest comeback I have ever seen in my life.

Thank you.

gtexan02
What, Carr sucks at reading the Blitz. The guy has 8 guys comming and he is so damn dumb he cant make the read. That 4th down play he couldn't even see that safety blitzing, hell he threw the ball right into the guy. Scew that, stats lie, Carr was sacked what 6 times and only one of those were not on a full out blitz. Carr sucks

Shut up. Seriously. This is a stupid argument. Only one of those times was the sack Carrs fault. (the one where he fell down). The rest were blocking breakdowns.

Carr had about 10 people breathing down his neck and made his read and kicked it out. Passes get batted down on blitzes like that. How is that the QBs fault? It was a good play by the Safety, plain and simple

BEERnBBQ
i think Carr played pretty well today. the offense was not able to get anything going as eagles controlled the game in the 2nd half

gg no re
09-10-2006, 03:10 PM
You suck.Oh my. :yikes:

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
The only reason Carr looked good today was because ANDRE JOHNSON (THE BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM BY FAR).

give it up
if you just plain hate the guy stop posting ..just put in your signature that I just dont' like the guy no matter what

GP
09-10-2006, 03:12 PM
He does himself no favors by (1) Tripping all by himself to kill a drive, and (2) stepping out of bounds to kill a drive when he had NO REASON to get THAT close to the sideline in the first place...we're no talking about fractions of an inch, he had YARDS between him and the nearest defender, and he tries to dance down the chalk. I almost flung the remote at the TV when he did that. It cost us a TD, period.

Whoop-dee-doo: He had over 200 yds. and a rating of 100+. McNabb had 3 TDs, a heckuva' lot more yards passing, and HIS team won the game (mostly due to him recognizing our defenses weaknesses/audibling into better plays based on his pre-snap recognition. Did carr EVER audible today? Was he telepathically audibling to his temmates? Because I don't recall him going audible when they stacked the line for an OBVIOUS blitz.

Sorry. I have supported Carr for a long long time. His delivery is whack, his pre-snap judgment is whack, his deep ball is whack.

Add to that the bad blocking by all the TEs, all the RBs...plus the lack of a pass rush and the lack of any sort of big-time blitzes at McNabb, and this game became pretty predictable in the second half. Same old Texans.

We need something, and I don;t think it's on the field right now. Totally 100% disgusted with a team that can orchestrate a beautiful opening drive and then cannot manufacture anything else the rest of the game. Somebody should tell those guys that this is not preseason and we cannot be GREAT on the first drive and then pack it in for the rest of the game.

BlueThunder
09-10-2006, 03:13 PM
I wouldn't start bashing our line so early and start pointing fingers.If I had to decide who lost this game I would have to blame the whole team.

Thats the only way to look at it.

If everyone can't have credit noone gets it.:brickwall

MrMeToo
09-10-2006, 03:14 PM
give it up
if you just plain hate the guy stop posting ..just put in your signature that I just dont' like the guy no matter what

I don't hate the guy; he actually looked quite impressive the first quarter. I think he could have played better, but what do I know?

Ckw
O-line looks bad?????? Dude how can they bick up a 8 man blitz???? Carr has to make that read and get rid of the ball. Tom Brady does it all the time and he is way less mobile than Carr
Correct me if I'm wrong but I only saw one or two 8 man blitzes. So what you are saying is a bit extreme. One was when Carr slipped. Another was when we had Putzier "blocking" Jevon Kearse and he broke through and sacked Carr. And if this doesn't tell you anything, he was sacked twice by Trent Cole, a second teamer if I am not mistake. Not constant 8 man blitzes as you claim. But hey, I wish I had your ability to simply see what I want to see...

NJTexanFan

Are you just blind or ignorant? Only one of the sacks that occured was Carr's fault, he had a good game with alot of pressure he was more poised in the pocket and let's not forget a HORRIBLE i mean HORRIBLE rushing attack i think we had all of 70 yards rushing and wait 25 of those yards came from Carr

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM
He does himself no favors by (1) Tripping all by himself to kill a drive, and (2) stepping out of bounds to kill a drive when he had NO REASON to get THAT close to the sideline in the first place...we're no talking about fractions of an inch, he had YARDS between him and the nearest defender, and he tries to dance down the chalk. I almost flung the remote at the TV when he did that. It cost us a TD, period.

Whoop-dee-doo: He had over 200 yds. and a rating of 100+. McNabb had 3 TDs, a heckuva' lot more yards passing, and HIS team won the game (mostly due to him recognizing our defenses weaknesses/audibling into better plays based on his pre-snap recognition. Did carr EVER audible today? Was he telepathically audibling to his temmates? Because I don't recall him going audible when they stacked the line for an OBVIOUS blitz.

Sorry. I have supported Carr for a long long time. His delivery is whack, his pre-snap judgment is whack, his deep ball is whack.

Add to that the bad blocking by all the TEs, all the RBs...plus the lack of a pass rush and the lack of any sort of big-time blitzes at McNabb, and this game became pretty predictable in the second half. Same old Texans.

We need something, and I don;t think it's on the field right now. Totally 100% disgusted with a team that can orchestrate a beautiful opening drive and then cannot manufacture anything else the rest of the game. Somebody should tell those guys that this is not preseason and we cannot be GREAT on the first drive and then pack it in for the rest of the game.

come on GP..I am sure Carr meant to fall or meant to step out of bounds.. :ok:

your reaching there

I am more ticked about our defense and their ability to get lit up for 400+ yards

NFLforher
09-10-2006, 03:17 PM

Wow!!!!! I'm so happy he did well! I missed the game but I can't tell you how good this makes me feel.

The QB is so central to the game, however, we need to fix our other problems.

NFLforher
09-10-2006, 03:18 PM

Carr can't do it all by himself.

I want wins too.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:19 PM
I don't hate the guy; he actually looked quite impressive the first quarter. I think he could have played better, but what do I know?

hmm.. I have to give props to the Eagle defense.. they flat out out played us.. when they blitzed we didn't pick up..when we tried to run the screens.. somehow they knew it was coming and stopped that too..

I can't belive there is a thread on David Carr when Stallworth destroyed us..

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 03:19 PM
Shut up. Seriously. This is a stupid argument. Only one of those times was the sack Carrs fault. (the one where he fell down). The rest were blocking breakdowns.

Carr had about 10 people breathing down his neck and made his read and kicked it out. Passes get batted down on blitzes like that. How is that the QBs fault? It was a good play by the Safety, plain and simple

Look budy, you can kiss my !!! You can shut up. QB in the NFL, PRO QB's, make plays on that rush every day. 10 people breathing down your neck and before the play starts you see single coverage on AJ or Moulds. High School QB's could have made that read. You should watch who you call a idot as well. The last time I checked this is a fee country, and there is no rule on this board about "You must glorify David Carr even when he chokes in the Red Zone"

Ckw
09-10-2006, 03:20 PM
Was that sarcasm I sense? If so, good job. But your missing something. The QB is extremely central to a team's success. Why else has Carr been so hated? Also, Tom Brady is single handedly the soul of that Patriots team. Without him, do we have the dynasty we see today? But if there was no sarcasm, I'm with you. Yes, I'm pumped Carr did well. But our defense, rushing attack, and offensive line, looked below average at best.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 03:23 PM
hmm.. I have to give props to the Eagle defense.. they flat out out played us.. when they blitzed we didn't pick up..when we tried to run the screens.. somehow they knew it was coming and stopped that too..

I can't belive there is a thread on David Carr when McNabb, Westbrook, and Stallworth destroyed us..

I fixed it for you.

Wolf
Look budy, you can kiss my !!! You can shut up. QB in the NFL, PRO QB's, make plays on that rush every day. 10 people breathing down your neck and before the play starts you see single coverage on AJ or Moulds. High School QB's could have made that read. You should watch who you call a idot as well. The last time I checked this is a fee country, and there is no rule on this board about "You must glorify David Carr even when he chokes in the Red Zone"

this is what I am talking about.... Carr should have just said he didn't want to resign with the Texans..no matter what he does (have a good game or not)..you guys bash him for the loss.. and if the Texans win and Carr has a bad game ...you still bash.. .there is no win for you guys..your relentless

IF YOU JUST PLAIN HATE THE GUY JUST PUT IT IN YOUR SIGNATURE

I for one know that if Carr doesn't perform ..he will be replaced. but he performed.. what more do you want? ...Carr and his sacks.. they happen .. he fell. I am sure none of yall ever fell going back from center and got your feet tangled.. .. people are human

Divebomb
Are you just blind or ignorant? Only one of the sacks that occured was Carr's fault, he had a good game with alot of pressure he was more poised in the pocket and let's not forget a HORRIBLE i mean HORRIBLE rushing attack i think we had all of 70 yards rushing and wait 25 of those yards came from Carr

I agree the rushing attack sucked, but when you get single coverage on AJ you can make a play every down. Hell Stallworth had single coverage and he had what 8 or 9 catches. Ignorant is a QB who sees a 7 man blitz with 4 comming off the weak side and stands in the pocket and or does not make a audible for a screen or something, that is what you get with David Carr, that is why he sucks. No pressure and he looks good, bring a rush and he chokes hiss butt off!!!!!! You guys are such Carr homers

Texans Pride
09-10-2006, 03:24 PM

I agree they did better, but not where we need to be yet...but, signs of improvement.

Wolf
I fixed it for you.
thanks Brandon..

Big J
Overall, I would have to say the game played out how I expected it too.

We showed that we have the personnel to win some games, however we are going to have growing pains with the rebuilding of our offense line and our defense.

I really liked the first drive that Carr put together. Solid throwing and good efficient ball movement. As the game went on our offensive line showed its weaknesses and the blitz destroyed us.

On defense our front 4 did not produce, in my opinion, to the level they should have. DeMeco looked decient, OLB's alright/subpar, Lewis Sanders got burned one to many times, and Dunta did alright.

Whoever said David Carr sucked during that game is retarded. He made a couple mistakes and his stats did inflate how well he did. But I think overall he played well. Dont let a couple plays determine how Carr performed.

I just made a bet with my Redskins buddy that the Texans will not have the first pick in the draft next year...3 to 1 odds. I still have faith we can win games. Go Texans.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:27 PM
not being able to run the ball. hurt the Texans not Carr

GP
09-10-2006, 03:28 PM
to keep a running total of how many people go from "Play Carr" to "Bench Carr."
I for one, am not a Carr apologist but I think he played pretty well today. I still would like to see another QB run the show just as a litmus test to see what our expectations should be of the QB position.

See that's what I don't get.

I have been a Carr apologist (by your definition) and I thought he killed two big-time scoring drives by tripping on his own, and by running out of bounds: The two things no professional should do when you need big time plays. You should be able to stay on your feet when nobody is around, and you should be able to better guage where your feet are in relation to the sidelines.

This is crazy. I have seen two Carr bashers say he had a great game, and I am saying he stunk.

The end of the world is friggin' near!

Htown34s
09-10-2006, 03:28 PM
I'm not a big Carr fan, but he played very good today. He didn't show any of the happy feet or irradict decision making like he did in the preseason. All of the sacks were from bad blocking. It was very easy to see.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 03:29 PM
thanks Brandon..
No problem.

GP
09-10-2006, 03:31 PM
come on GP..I am sure Carr meant to fall or meant to step out of bounds.. :ok:

your reaching there

I am more ticked about our defense and their ability to get lit up for 400+ yards

That's NOT reaching.

Is it too much to ask, under normal field conditions, for a guy to stay on his feet during his dropback? Is it too much to ask for a guy to stay in bounds when he CAN instead of getting that close to it and ruining a great scoring opportunity?

Not a reach.

The stuff I am angry about is pat-your-tummy-and-rub-your-head-at-the-same-time kinda' stuff.

Awful. It un-did everything else that he DID do a decent job of.

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 03:32 PM
I am a Texans fan, not a Carr fan. He does not perform under pressure. You guys can say what you want but the score tells it all. I think with a running game you will be able to roll Carr out and let him make some plays, this is when I think Carr can be the most productive. He is not a Pocket QB and today he sat in the pocket during blitz packages. I would rather see him run and gain three yards than sit and get d=sacked 6 times. He slips throw the ball away dont take the sack. It is the same deal as last year. I saw McNabb throw the ball away when he was going down. So yea Carr completed alot of passes, he did not have any INT, so does this make his performance great? McNabb had a INT but then again he threw the ball down field. He also had 3 TD's.

run-david-run
09-10-2006, 03:34 PM

Did you watch the game? Carr started out 8/9 with absoultley no running game. He was never close to turning the ball over, and threw several great balls (deep one to AJ, Moulds for the TD). He was by far the best player on the field and he did everything he could to basically carry the offense with absolutley no help from the running backs.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:36 PM
That's NOT reaching.

Is it too much to ask, under normal field conditions, for a guy to stay on his feet during his dropback? Is it too much to ask for a guy to stay in bounds when he CAN instead of getting that close to it and ruining a great scoring opportunity?

Not a reach.

The stuff I am angry about is pat-your-tummy-and-rub-your-head-at-the-same-time kinda' stuff.

Awful. It un-did everything else that he DID do a decent job of.
I hate to tell you this, but Carr isn't the first Qb to fall while dropping back to pass. yall blaming him for this is flat out ignorant..not stopping Stallworth and giving up a Td drive for 80 yards under a minute .. and what was the Eagles 3rd down conversion rate??
8-13... wow.. hard to win a game when you can't stop them on 3rd down

we flat out got beat by a better team today

GP
09-10-2006, 03:37 PM
Did you watch the game? Carr started out 8/9 with absoultley no running game. He was never close to turning the ball over, and threw several great balls (deep one to AJ, Moulds for the TD). He was by far the best player on the field and he did everything he could to basically carry the offense with absolutley no help from the running backs.

he did fairly well the first half.

the second half was pathetic. and the second half is where he cost us two potential TDs.

his shoulder shrugs say it all.

look, i've defended him a loooooooooong time. and i felt good about him in the first half. but the second half was where he just mentally locked down and I don;t think he performed well in the second half at all. He had one good run up the middle, which was a great play. Outisde of that...he didn't impress me much with his decision making abilities in the second half.

spare me the "did you watch the game?" sarcastic crap. I did. And I wished I had just watched the first half and then spent my time watching another game during the second half.

"Oh, we're doing so much better!" Right...............

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:38 PM
I am a Texans fan, not a Carr fan. He does not perform under pressure. You guys can say what you want but the score tells it all. I think with a running game you will be able to roll Carr out and let him make some plays, this is when I think Carr can be the most productive. He is not a Pocket QB and today he sat in the pocket during blitz packages. I would rather see him run and gain three yards than sit and get d=sacked 6 times. He slips throw the ball away dont take the sack. It is the same deal as last year. I saw McNabb throw the ball away when he was going down. So yea Carr completed alot of passes, he did not have any INT, so does this make his performance great? McNabb had a INT but then again he threw the ball down field. He also had 3 TD's.

no the same deal is he would run out of bounds.

McNabb also had a running game to back him

Marcus
09-10-2006, 03:42 PM
he did fairly well the first half.

the second half was pathetic. and the second half is where he cost us two potential TDs.

his shoulder shrugs say it all.

look, i've defended him a loooooooooong time. and i felt good about him in the first half. but the second half was where he just mentally locked down and I don;t think he performed well in the second half at all. He had one good run up the middle, which was a great play. Outisde of that...he didn't impress me much with his decision making abilities in the second half.

spare me the "did you watch the game?" sarcastic crap. I did. And I wished I had just watched the first half and then spent my time watching another game during the second half.

"Oh, we're doing so much better!" Right...............

I think you should turn the computer off, walk outside and take a deep breath. And come back tomorrow when your knee stops jerking.

gafftop
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM
1. David Carr is what he is. Pretty boy with not much in the poise, leadership, playmaker column. We would have known this about Carr much sooner if he had been drafted by an established team. He has had the excuse of poor line, poor coaches, poor game plan, poor.. whatever the outcome would have been basically the same. He might of had a chance if drafted by right team and brought along slowly. Now he has been damanged beyond repair .
He reminds me of another sports hero Stevie Franchise. Stevie never did GET IT.
He was given the job from the beginning and still has it simply because the Texan management refuses to admit that they were wrong. I do understand this has a chance to be different with Kube in that Kube was not here in the beginning, another MAJOR mistake by the original braintrust. But Kube now has a stake in Carr because of what he has said. At what point do they wash their hands a really start over. Hopefullysooner than later.
Sagelooks like a possibility.

2. Mario is pretty boy number 2, no let's make that body beautiful number 1.
A lot of people like the story about how he said he would quit football and support his family in college. That story scared the ---- out of me. Is he another Stromile or Eddie Griffin. A person with all the tools but no real love for the game. Today he showed absolutely nothing. Nothing but another warm body. He definitely in no stud. Do you like the spin about his real impact will not show in stats. BS Does not show any desire. When will this new braintrust admit it made a mistake. Let me answer that, never.

Do I sound angry. Just don't want to see Reggie highlights.

GP
09-10-2006, 03:43 PM
I hate to tell you this, but Carr isn't the first Qb to fall while dropping back to pass. yall blaming him for this is flat out ignorant..not stopping Stallworth and giving up a Td drive for 80 yards under a minute .. and what was the Eagles 3rd down conversion rate??
8-13... wow.. hard to win a game when you can't stop them on 3rd down

we flat out got beat by a better team today

If it doesn't happen in a pressure situation (us needing to continue the drive after a great 1st down play) then it's no problem. It becomes a huge problem when he did it under the circumstances by which he allowed it to happen.

It's like calling a timeout when you have none. It's like face-masking when you can wrap a guy up. It's just really easy stuff, and I don't think I'm being too harsh when I say that a QB in the NATIONAL FREAKING FOOTBALL LEAGUE should be able to undergo a dropback and stay on his feet under normal field conditions.

And that's it for me. No back-and-forth war with you on this. I'm done. People can make their own decision: Pure logic (you oughta' stay on your feet, you oughta' stay in-bounds) vs. Excuses ("Everybody's doing it, heck, I bet you've done it, too...").

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
just admit no matter what happens you want Carr gone

I figure if Sage was in and fell we would blame it on the groundskeeper for the 24-10 loss

run-david-run
09-10-2006, 03:46 PM
What exactly do you expect out of Carr? We are designed to be a running team, but today we coudnt run. If we could have in key situations, such as the 1st and goal form the 5, it would have been a compltely differant second half. However, we ended up going into halftime down by 4 and promptly gave up a TD. Its now getting rather obvious we have to throw the ball, making it quite easy for the Eagles to bring pressure without much threat of a big run. Also, throwing the ball means we take less time off the clock, allowing the Philly offense to stay on the field most of the second half, tireing out our D and not giving us a chance to score. This game was lost in the last 2 minutes of the first half and first 4 of the second half.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
If it doesn't happen in a pressure situation (us needing to continue the drive after a great 1st down play) then it's no problem. It becomes a huge problem when he did it under the circumstances by which he allowed it to happen.

It's like calling a timeout when you have none. It's like face-masking when you can wrap a guy up. It's just really easy stuff, and I don't think I'm being too harsh when I say that a QB in the NATIONAL FREAKING FOOTBALL LEAGUE should be able to undergo a dropback and stay on his feet under normal field conditions.

And that's it for me. No back-and-forth war with you on this. I'm done. People can make their own decision: Pure logic (you oughta' stay on your feet, you oughta' stay in-bounds) vs. Excuses ("Everybody's doing it, heck, I bet you've done it, too...").

nice.. I guess carr is the problem for not stopping them on 3rd down..that you didn't touch on

GP
09-10-2006, 03:47 PM
I think you should turn the computer off, walk outside and take a deep breath. And come back tomorrow when your knee stops jerking.

I go based on emotion, not stats and not QB passer ratings. And not even by "Well, the defense gave up so much to the Eagles..."

Ask yourself this: Would we have scored if, on 2nd down and easy yardage, he doesn't fall down ON HIS OWN? I guess we'll never know because he sacked himself after us having great momentum.

Ask yourself this: Would we have scored if he had not flirted so closely to the sideline when he didn't need to be THAT close to it in the first place? I guess we'll never know because he killed that one, too.

And that's a potential 2 TDs...and what did we lose by? 2 TDs.

Yeah, my knee is jerking....

GP
09-10-2006, 03:49 PM
nice.. I guess carr is the problem for not stopping them on 3rd down..that you didn't touch on

Alright, pal.

Carr DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE. Does he? Does he control that aspect of our team? You aren't mentioning that.

No.

So all he can do is (1) stay on his feet when he can, and (2) stay in bounds and get the first down when he can. That much, he CAN control.

But he didn't.

He's gotta' do all he can do. And he didn't. He can control what HE does, not what the defense does.

run-david-run
09-10-2006, 03:52 PM
I go based on emotion, not stats and not QB passer ratings. And not even by "Well, the defense gave up so much to the Eagles..."

Ask yourself this: Would we have scored if, on 2nd down and easy yardage, he doesn't all down ON HIS OWN? I guess we'll never know because he sacked himself after us having great momentum.

Ask yourself this: Would we have scored if he had not flirted so closely to the sideline when he didn't need to be THAT close to it in the first place? I guess we'll never know because he killed that one, too.

And that's a potential 2 TDs...and what did we lose by? 2 TDs.

Yeah, my knee is jerking....
Go watch that play again, he did need to be close to the sideline to get past the first defender, after that he is just concentrating on going foward and getting out of bound (if he cut back toward the middle of the field, got hit and fumbled you would be blaiming him for not going toward the sideline).
But you know what? Carr was our best player today. Everyone makes mistakes, McNabb got picked, Sanders dropped two picks, Putzier droped a couple and got blown up by Kearse. What I dont understand is why people dont pick on these other guys? Why is it always Carr? Why are we blaming him for WR's dropping passes (Bradford on 4th down last year)? He was our best player today, yes he made some mistakes, but he probably plyed his best game in a season and a half...geez, how about giving someone some credit when they do well instead of allways picking on the two things he did badly the whole game!

Texans86
09-10-2006, 03:52 PM

Actually, with very little time left, and seeing Trent Green go down hard earlier in the day, I would rather have my starting quarterback go down the sideline. He needs to get out of bounds to stop the clock, and we don't need him getting killed by the defense. He probably could have stayed a half foot closer inbounds, but not a whole lot further in than that.

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 03:53 PM
What exactly do you expect out of Carr? We are designed to be a running team, but today we coudnt run. If we could have in key situations, such as the 1st and goal form the 5, it would have been a compltely differant second half. However, we ended up going into halftime down by 4 and promptly gave up a TD. Its now getting rather obvious we have to throw the ball, making it quite easy for the Eagles to bring pressure without much threat of a big run. Also, throwing the ball means we take less time off the clock, allowing the Philly offense to stay on the field most of the second half, tireing out our D and not giving us a chance to score. This game was lost in the last 2 minutes of the first half and first 4 of the second half.

I expect Carr to make the audible when he sees the rush comming before the play starts. Carr is going to have to get out of the Capers mode and start making plays when the rush is comming, if not he will not start the whole season. Once we start making palys when the blitz is on, then we will start breaking off huge plays.

Texans86
09-10-2006, 03:56 PM
I expect Carr to make the audible when he sees the rush comming before the play starts. Carr is going to have to get out of the Capers mode and start making plays when the rush is comming, if not he will not start the whole season. Once we start making palys when the blitz is on, then we will start breaking off huge plays.

He ran the hurry up offense alright early in the beginning of the fourth quarter. I forget what happened to stop that drive (mgith be the Carr trip) but he got the first 5-6 plays off pretty well.

Marcus
09-10-2006, 03:58 PM
I go based on emotion, . . . . . Yeah, my knee is jerking....
So then, why don't you settle down and quit focusing only those two "potential" TDs, when overall, Carr played perhaps his best game in a long time. If you didn't see the difference in Carr's play today, as compared to his play in the preseason, and all of last year. . then I can certainly see why others are asking you if you watched the same game as we did.

Jeez, calm down and drink a beer, or whatever.

Goldeagle
09-10-2006, 04:04 PM
When did he run out of bounds? I know he tripped once but I also saw him make some great runs and accidently run out of bounds. If you count that against him as something major, I suggest you not hold anyone to a standard because it happens all the time. Heck Heath Miller stepped out of bounds on that TD run, the Refs just missed it.

I remember a few years back Carr driving the field agains the Titans and the Colts only for our Defense to give the game up in the final 1:00. So to say he cant come from behind is misleading.

HoustonFan
09-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Aside from the sacks - :o obvious relapse - I think Carr was more poised than he was in the pre-season. When he was thrwoing the ball he was doing good. I hope that's something we'll see more of.

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 04:07 PM
So then, why don't you settle down and quit focusing only those two "potential" TDs, when overall, Carr played perhaps his best game in a long time. If you didn't see the difference in Carr's play today, as compared to his play in the preseason, and all of last year. . then I can certainly see why others are asking you if you watched the same game as we did.

You are right brother, I need a beer! He did play great in the first half, I just expect so much more from the guy and 6 sacks is bull-#$%^. I only started to get P.O. when he never called audibles on the blitz.

GP

Glass half full: He completed a deep pass to AJ, and granted...I don't remember seeing him complete ANY deep passes last year.

Glass half empty: What in the world is that throwing motion he has? On the deep pass to AJ, his mechanics looked so goofy...like a spin move off his back foot or something as he releases the ball. Man, I have no clue why he looks so radically different than almost every other QB in the NFL, in terms of his delivery/throwing motion. His passes over the line are low and getting batted down quite a bit. I think it's a bad throwing motion.

I'm calming down a little, but I still am not happy with his second-half performance. He can't control the defense's effort. But he CAN control his own. And as much heat as he has taken, he needs to do all he can do.

I just don't think it's being too harsh to say that the guy fell down, the guy stepped out of bounds with no real threat of getting smashed, and those two instances of bad focus (IMO) cost us a chance at 2 TDs. That is 100% on him, and when you think tht we might have tied the game...the "Look, he did a lot better today.." stuff just doesn't float my boat.

I want to see a leader, and a guy who is clutch when it counts. Today, he is not helping his cause in that area of discussion. He's not alone. There were breakdowns on the line, the pass rush, and the TEs and RBs who didn't block well. But he's the superstar. The big guy. He's got to stay on his feet, stay in bounds under thos field conditions and under that set of circumstances.

Period.

wolf123
1. David Carr is what he is. Pretty boy with not much in the poise, leadership, playmaker column. We would have known this about Carr much sooner if he had been drafted by an established team. He has had the excuse of poor line, poor coaches, poor game plan, poor.. whatever the outcome would have been basically the same. He might of had a chance if drafted by right team and brought along slowly. Now he has been damanged beyond repair .
He was given the job from the beginning and still has it simply because the Texan management refuses to admit that they were wrong. I do understand this has a chance to be different with Kube in that Kube was not here in the beginning, another MAJOR mistake by the original braintrust. But Kube now has a stake in Carr because of what he has said. At what point do they wash their hands a really start over. Hopefullysooner than later.

A lot of people like the story about how he said he would quit football and support his family in college. That story scared the ---- out of me. Is he another Stromile or Eddie Griffin. A person with all the tools but no real love for the game. Today he showed absolutely nothing. Nothing but another warm body. He definitely in no stud. Do you like the spin about his real impact will not show in stats. BS Does not show any desire. When will this new braintrust admit it made a mistake. Let me answer that, never.

I know your angry that we lost, but come on...don't exagerate so much. Carr looked very good today. Only created one sack that was really his fault, he also went 18 for 27, for 208 yards 1 TD and 4 rushes for 25 yds. against a very talented Philly D. The fact is, we were out played. Also, our rushing offense was poor.

Mario also played below average, but remember this is his 1st NFL game against an extremely talented OLine. We definitely need to improve our pressure, though, I do agree with that.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 04:08 PM
Alright, pal.

Carr DOESN'T PLAY DEFENSE. Does he? Does he control that aspect of our team? You aren't mentioning that.

No.

So all he can do is (1) stay on his feet when he can, and (2) stay in bounds and get the first down when he can. That much, he CAN control.

But he didn't.

He's gotta' do all he can do. And he didn't. He can control what HE does, not what the defense does.

Carr is the one person focal point.. yet defensively as a unit we failed on 3rd down. that is what i am getting at

Marcus
09-10-2006, 04:10 PM
This is crazy. I have seen two Carr bashers say he had a great game, and I am saying he stunk.
So far, you're the only one who says he stunk, while everyone else said he played well.

Something wrong with that picture?:hmmm:

tex
09-10-2006, 04:11 PM
Who do you think got the ball to AJ so he could look good?

aquafin
09-10-2006, 04:12 PM
In Peppers first game he had did absolutely nothing, the very next game he had like 4 tackles and 3 sacks, all im saying is don't judge a player with one game.

Very good point!!!!!!!!!

TexanSam
09-10-2006, 04:15 PM
Mario Williams has started all of one regular season in the NFL. He didn't do much today. If you're going to judge a player on one game, then there's been a whole lot of busts. You have to think up a better reason than that to say Mario Williams sucks.

And as for David Carr, he had an overall good game. It wasn't extremely good, but it wasn't bad. He actually through the ball deep. Was it his fault that his offensive linemen couldn't block worth a darn? This was David Carr's first regular season game under Gary Kubiak. I'm quite confident he's going to keep improving and improving under a proven quarterback coach.

kenneth24
09-10-2006, 04:16 PM
A Qb slipping in the backfield is not unheard of but he does need to get back up and still be in control of himself and not looking for someplace to take off running to in a panic. When there is a hot blitz where he knows there are not enough blockers to pick up the blitzers he needs to get rid of it quicker either by dumping to a back, a quick slant or just throw it at somebodies feet. But at the same time, the Oline and backs need to do a better job of at least checking the blitzers so that they aren't running free. And the blocking by Putzier when Kearse just bullrushed him...CMON WHAT WAS THAT?!? A defender should have to take more than 3 steps to get to your QB while he is being blocked! :brickwall

The Pencil Neck
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM

I can't belive there is a thread on David Carr when Stallworth destroyed us..

Damn straight. If we're going to talk about anything, let's talk about Stallworth getting 120+ receiving yards in the first half.

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM
Mario is great, when he sorts his $hi! out he is going to be good. I saw some good things when he played DE, but at DT he was double teamed every play.

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2006, 04:18 PM

Here's your duck dude:

We had severe protection problems on offense today, and almost no running game to speak of.

The defense could not stop the Eagles period....... that's it.

You want W's, can't do it with no pass protection, no running game, and bad pass defense. All units need to get better as a whole. Pretty simple to me. And IMO Carr looked pretty good today when he had decent protection.

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 04:19 PM
Damn straight. If we're going to talk about anything, let's talk about Stallworth getting 120+ receiving yards in the first half.

It is easy to get 120+ when the QB has 7 seconds to throw!

gjmac2
09-10-2006, 04:19 PM
:twocents: Lets give credit where it's due. The Eagles are not as bad as their record last year. I think in the coming weeks the rest of the league will see the Eagles are back.

Having said that, let's remember that we are a work in progress. It's going to take awhile for us to get where we want to on offense.

BTW, anybody ready to give up on the Broncos yet? Let's keep some perspective. :twocents:

CarrIsFine
09-10-2006, 04:21 PM
It's obvious that some will find fault with Carr no matter what happens. I could go through every game and do the same with every QB. Kubiak said he wants Carr to improve every day. Well, he improved today and they'll work on the blitz this week.

As long as the D gives up 24 points a game (which is right around what they gave up last year), Carr will be under a microscope on the days when we don't score over 24. Everything is magnified when you lose, the QBs fault or not.

Houston_Fanatic
09-10-2006, 04:24 PM
To me, the most disappointing thing about the game is we were out-coached. And I am a HUGE Kubiak fan, so I do not say this lightly nor am I throwing in the towel on him. I expected more aggressiveness on the defense and it just wasn't there.

I see Denver lost, too, so it's a bad day for the "Denver system" today.

I was proud of our team to stay in the game as long as they did, and I thought we still had a chance until we came out after halftime and looked weaker than in the first half.

We didn't suck and they weren't an embarrassment to watch, so that's a big step in the right direction. Even had some exciting offense to cheer about!

:redtowel:

HomeBred_Texan
09-10-2006, 04:29 PM
Did we all watch the same game? I sit in the end zone in the 500 level and can watch any player througout the play. But don't get me started on this game.....

David Carr went 4/4 in the first drive. Threw some nice passes. But then what happened to the game plan? Please, establish a run? What run? Kubes should have had DC passing the ball almost everytime, What is wrong with throwing the ball downfield 30 or 40 times? A duck is a duck I agree, but I do not blame Carr for this loss at all...

As far as Mario Williams goes, he wasn't too super at all. I caught him standing around during the play doing absolutely nothing. I do mean standing there doing nothing. As if he was lost or something. We had 0 pressure on the QB. McNabb had all day to pass the ball. Was he actually back there lighting a cigarrette while waiting on receivers to get open? Don't throw the bologna out that Mario was double teamed either. Cause he wasn't.

But I do agree that 1 game is no reason to throw in the towel. But the kid does need some help and quick...

The 2 highlights of the game for me.
Ryans
Cheerleaders :yahoo:

The place was loud after that opening drive, wow the feeling I felt. But then I guess someone popped my bubble, cause I didn't see anything after that. The play calling got bad at best.

Yes, a duck is a duck... But so what, it's my duck........

swtbound07
09-10-2006, 04:36 PM
I wish i had seen the game. I know what we didn't do....we didn't win. When you change all the pieces but one and the puzzle still doesn't work, it might just be time to swap out that last piece.

tulexan
09-10-2006, 04:42 PM
I wish i had seen the game. I know what we didn't do....we didn't win. When you change all the pieces but one and the puzzle still doesn't work, it might just be time to swap out that last piece.

I guess Carr is responsible for Stallworth being uncovered for a long TD and Westbrook running wild on us.

TreWardTxn
09-10-2006, 04:44 PM
I think what the problem with the game, while not obvious, is something that I've noticed all too often with young/transitioning QBs. They play out-of-body the first drive or two of the game and then tail off. Why, though? The defense adjust and they don't, plain and simple. When the scripted plays are working well, and the other team hasn't gotten a chance to see how the offense is going to be run that week, it's easier to move the ball. What we saw, was a failure of Carr, or the coaching staff (and by extension Carr) to attack the Eagles' defensive adjustments; 7 points in 4 minutes, and then 3 the other 56 says it all...

kenneth24
09-10-2006, 04:47 PM
I think what the problem with the game, while not obvious, is something that I've noticed all too often with young/transitioning QBs. They play out-of-body the first drive or two of the game and then tail off. Why, though? The defense adjust and they don't, plain and simple. When the scripted plays are working well, and the other team hasn't gotten a chance to see how the offense is going to be run that week, it's easier to move the ball. What we saw, was a failure of Carr, or the coaching staff (and by extension Carr) to attack the Eagles' defensive adjustments; 7 points in 4 minutes, and then 3 the other 56 says it all...
AGREED!

tsip
09-10-2006, 04:47 PM
I only got to see the first half, but I saw Carr do some things he's not done in a while--first, he used his wide outs and TE and even stretched the field with them--second, he 'stayed' in the pocket and at least tried to look down field before the 'blitz' got him.

IMO, coaching was the biggest problem we had today. Philly made effective adjustments and kept 'their heads' in the game--the Texans? I'm not sure what the coaching staff made adjustments to, if anything. There is no question (like Capers use to do) we spent a large portion of our time trying to establish a running game that the Eagles were geared to stop, while the Eagles did whatever it took to get the ball in the end zone. And, we made no adjustments to the Philly rush.

So, IMO, this was a poorly coached/game planed game from our staff. I can only hope that Kubiak is not a member of the:brickwall club and remembers he promised to do whatever it took to win. Today, I didn't see that but it's only one game but Carr is not to blame for this loss....

Mr. White
09-10-2006, 04:50 PM
Carr's play today was the only silver lining.

The OL pass blocking was bad. The run blocking was worse. I hope that we can blame it on leaning a new scheme.

The defense quit after the 1st quarter. I think the change to a 4-3 is partially to blame.

Nowhere to go but up.

TheCD
09-10-2006, 04:51 PM
Carr played good today, but he made some pretty dumb mistakes.

That being said...it's nice to know that Carr achieved a 102.1 passer rating, passed for 208 yards, 1 TD and no interceptions and that he can STILL GET BETTER! :drool:

kenneth24
09-10-2006, 04:55 PM
Does anybody remember when the running game was the bright spot?:mario:

blockhead83
09-10-2006, 04:59 PM
David Carr looked good against a good D. Philly is good at applying pressure and has a stellar secondary, and Carr managed to put up good numbers and a solid performance. He made some mistakes, ie. tripping and running out of bounds. Nobody's perfect, and those mistakes wouldn't have been so magnified if our O hadn't killed itself with penalties, poor protection on crucial downs, and absolutely no running game to help the pass.

Our passing game is built on the play action pass and roll outs, Philly didn't have to respect those facets because we had no run game. Carr still passed for over 200 yards, had a TD, and no picks. He also stepped up into the pocket, felt the pressure for the most part, and progressed through his reads to make good decisions with where he went with the ball for the most part. He didn't have a Pro-Bowl type performance, but come on, he helped keep us in the game not the other way around.

Second Honeymoon
09-10-2006, 04:59 PM
I don't blame Carr for the loss. I blame the McNair/Kubiak regime for sticking with Carr and drafting Mario. It was obvious our running game is going to be average at best with the talent we currently have at that position. It was obvious that even with adding Weaver and drafting Mario, our DL will struggle to put pressure on the QB and our secondary is severely suspect.....Dunta included...

Carr showed improvement over last year and preseason but still was average to below average
Mario flatlined his way through his first game. Dude was standing around and looked more concerned about not getting injured.
Dunta looked horrible.
Offensive Line looked horrible at both pass and run blocking.
Lundy is obviously not gonna make anyone forget about passing on Bush.

HOWEVER, Weaver looked good for the most part and Moulds looked like the perfect yin to AJ's yang. The greatest thing I saw was DeMeco's play. He is probably going to the best player on the team halfway through the season. That guy looks like he is going to be our Al Smith for the next decade.

Doug from The Woodlands

P.S. I can't overstate how badly Mario looked. Granted, he gets double teamed about 50% of the time but normally only if the Eagles were in max protection or if Mario's position was the point of attack. In other words, he was treated just like any other DL that plays in the NFL. He looks like another workout warrior bust with no heart and no real love for the game. Oh and if you see how he is standing up at the end of most plays it means he looks SOFT. Yes, I said it. That huge dude played soft....period.

Tulip
09-10-2006, 05:01 PM
Carr's performance today was on par with some of his better performances in the first 4 years. I'm not sure how much of a compliment I'm really giving him by saying that.

It looked like the Eagles designed their defensive scheming around Carr's psychological weaknesses, and I'm expecting the same from the next several teams. He's too easy to exploit, IMO.

I want to see poise. I want to see leadership. I want to see a field general. And I'm just waiting... and waiting... and waiting....

infantrycak
09-10-2006, 05:07 PM
I expect Carr to make the audible when he sees the rush comming before the play starts.

Have you been watching the NFL at all in the past decade? Teams show blitz all the time and then don't bring it--the Steelers live on that move. The QB can't go into audible/panic mode like your 2nd guessing all the time or the D is calling the plays. Ridiculous.

Rightnow
09-10-2006, 05:11 PM
Well my prediction was correct. Carr would have a good game statistically, but people still think he should be benched. Yea me!

dml923
09-10-2006, 05:21 PM
I dont see how you could bash on carr after this game he did everything he could against one of the best defenses. the texans had no running game maikng it easy for the eagles defense. I think carr played really well in the circumsstances.

chuckm
09-10-2006, 05:28 PM
If you can't run the ball and rush the passer, you can't win consistently in the NFL .... :twocents:

Dime
09-10-2006, 05:29 PM
Ok... I tried to keep my comments out of this but you all are saying something that i would like to debate.

You are saying Carr played very good today. No he didnt. He played much better then he normally plays.. but that is so far from very good, I shouldnt even have to say. To play very good.. you dont have 4 sacks! Even if your Oline cant block.. you dump it off, or something to get rid of it without a turnover. Yes.. he had a better passing rating.. and he did have much more accurate passes, but EVERYONE knows when you run of a first down being a QB, and once you make it.. you slide down.. dont go face first. Pure rookie move. I not even a big fan of his right now and even I winced..

He played better... thats all

Tulip
09-10-2006, 05:35 PM
Also, 208 yards?

ccdude730
09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
and once you make it.. you slide down.. dont go face first. Pure rookie move.
not a rookie move, its someone who is fighting for yards. they mark you down when you start your slide and IMO he was just another player fighting to win the game - yard by yard

i agree it wasnt a great performance overall, but it was one of his better games he has had.

run-david-run
09-10-2006, 05:40 PM
Carr's performance today was on par with some of his better performances in the first 4 years. I'm not sure how much of a compliment I'm really giving him by saying that.

It looked like the Eagles designed their defensive scheming around Carr's psychological weaknesses, and I'm expecting the same from the next several teams. He's too easy to exploit, IMO.

I want to see poise. I want to see leadership. I want to see a field general. And I'm just waiting... and waiting... and waiting....
The Eagles are well know for thier blitzing and ability to get sacks. It's not like they decided to become aggressive just because they are playing us, its what they do, and they do it well. Also, 3 of their starting 4 DB's were probowlers a couple years ago. We had some good spots and some bad spots. Overall, im happy with the first half and expect us to get better and more consitant as the season progresses and we get used to the system, AND Kubiak gets used to being a HC. This is a first for him also.

PS- in the first half i saw McNabb hit at least 4 times and flushed out of the pocket. However, this all dissapeared in the second half as we got tired and obviously lost confidence as they started to dominate.

Dime
09-10-2006, 05:44 PM
not a rookie move, its someone who is fighting for yards. they mark you down when you start your slide and IMO he was just another player fighting to win the game - yard by yard

i agree it wasnt a great performance overall, but it was one of his better games he has had.

He had already made the first.. even before he started going down.

I do agree with you.. it was one of his better games. Just it still doesnt make it a very good game by him.. but it was one of his better ones.. at least better then the last two years.

The two things I do like out of this game was his poise and accuracy seemed to be improved, which gives me hope.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 05:47 PM
I am beginning to think the only QB that would satisfy Texans fans is Jesus Christ himself..(and y'all would find fault with that too)

Eagles defense had a gameplan for us and didn't give up the 49 that was laid on them by Kubiak last time in Denver.

I am flat out speachless on our running game and defense.

HJam72
09-10-2006, 05:50 PM
Jesus isn't mean enough!!!

:wild:

Divebomb
09-10-2006, 05:51 PM
Have you been watching the NFL at all in the past decade? Teams show blitz all the time and then don't bring it--the Steelers live on that move. The QB can't go into audible/panic mode like your 2nd guessing all the time or the D is calling the plays. Ridiculous.

Yea o.k. they didn't blitz every third down. I guess you were playing Madden because I saw a much different game. They blitzed there butts off almost every play in the second half.

GP
09-10-2006, 05:52 PM

"All the time?"

I agree you don't go into panic mode all the time...but to at least check down to a quick slant or a Go! route out to AJ just a few times out of the bazillion that you see a blitz coming would be nice to see.

Just a fewwwwwwwwwww times. Not all the time.

But we didn't see that. We saw Carr getting the smack laid on him, and then getting angry with his blockers. Please, David, just be the leader and tell everyone we're going to option "B."

Vinny says he's a workout warrior and that's it. Well, I am begining to catch onto that sentiment. It's beginning to soak through my thick skull. If this keeps up (the tripping, the stepping out of bounds without knowing it, the inability to check down before the snap, the low-trajectory throws over the line that get batted down, etc.) then I will cross over to the dark side quickly.

I want to win. And I want to win now. And I don't need an entire season to make that judgment on David. I've given him all of camp, preseason, and these first few regular season games to show me has what it takes. And "has what it takes" means things other than better-than-average stats...it means making the right calls when needed, being clutch when it counts, and anticipating things before they happen and being ahead of the defense with the right reads more times than he has been.

Sorry. I've defended David to the hilt thus far, and frankly...I'm the type of person that's like, "Hey man, now it's on YOUR shoulders and in YOUR hands to succeed."

Succeeding in my book is doing what YOU can do, and doing it regardless of the world falling apart around you. And today, he killed two potential TD drives...and he did it both times by himself, nobody else bares that blame in my book. People get hit and drop a pass, or get it knocked out of their hands. QBs get blindsided and commit a fumble.

All of that is not a failure in my book. But failing to stay on your feet (on your own, with nobody around you) and failing to be aware of how close you are to the sideline (and thus killing a great drive and potential score) is not acceptable at the NFL level. Is it? I mean, do you get to be "the best of the best" and that stuff is OK when it kills great drives that had great momentum, etc? Had we been up by 14 and that happens, I'm OK with it. But come on, man. The training wheels are friggin' OFF. Off.

HJam72
09-10-2006, 05:54 PM
I am flat out speachless on our running game and defense.

I'm not. Our linemen suck. It's that simple. It's probably not all of them. Maybe we just don't have a Pro Bowler or two, but for whatever reason, our line SUCKS on both sides of the ball. We can't run and we can't rush the passer. It's not much different at all from when we couldn't protect the QB and we couldn't pass rush. Actually, we didn't protect the QB all the great today either. The Eagles are good on both sides of the line and they beat us down on both sides of the line. Eric Moulds can't do much about that.

OK, so maybe they don't suck that bad, but they really do against dominant opponents like today.

Wolf
09-10-2006, 05:57 PM
so you are a "Carr can play bad and we just win guy"

I get it..

I am at the opposite end of the spectrum.. I hated Carr falling down and running out of bounds, however, I saw a defense that gave up over 50 percent of 3rd down conversions and also gave up long pass plays.. that is what i am more upset about.

infantrycak
09-10-2006, 05:57 PM
Yea o.k. they didn't blitz every third down. I guess you were playing Madden because I saw a much different game. They blitzed there butts off almost every play in the second half.

Haven't delved into your world of Madden, but you can't let the D dictate everything you do. That's on the OC to see consistant blitzing and call screens, short slants, etc. to take advantage of it.

GP
09-10-2006, 06:02 PM

Agreed.

MightyTExan
09-10-2006, 06:03 PM
If you can't run the ball and rush the passer, you can't win consistently in the NFL .... :twocents:

That's what I was gonna say. We had no rushing game and McNabb's jersey was clean.

infantrycak
09-10-2006, 06:07 PM
But failing to stay on your feet (on your own, with nobody around you)

1st off even if he did fall on his own, big freakin whoop to do. Like no one has ever tripped before. Slo mo sure does look like Flannigan stepped on his foot. But whatever if a single play like that is what you judge things on then have at.

and failing to be aware of how close you are to the sideline (and thus killing a great drive and potential score)

This one is just ridiculous. Folks tip toe up the sidelines all the time. Now it is a criminal offense? BS. If the complaint was failing to find an open target down field then fine but this is just bean bag QB complaining at its worst.

HJam72
09-10-2006, 06:08 PM
Some of those batted balls were thrown at the hands of players who got quite high in the air. The linemen shouldn't have allowed defenders to be so in control, see the pass being made, and jump HIGH, at just the right time. A good shoulder in your gutt will stop that crap and plant your back-side on the ground, but nobody was doing it. I didn't see our defense getting guys in the air with their hands up just when McNabb wanted to throw it. David Carr had a good game, despite bad blocking, no running game, and a D that allowed McNabb to control the ball and the score. No, he didn't pass for a lot of yardage and, yes, he tripped on, what, his own feet once?--but, he had a high completion rate, 1 TD and no ints. Considering the circumstances, I think the avg. starting QB would have made Carr's performance look like Tom Brady. The avg. QB, under those circumstances, would have thrown 2 ints. no TDs and completed about 50% of his passes. This is assuming he lasted the whole game. I was watching that game and thinking: you know what?--it's gonna tick me off when I hear people blaming this freaking loss on David Carr. Every thing that goes wrong with this team is not David Carr's fault. One player does not win a Super Bowl, people. I was ready to blast him if he didn't play well, but he was one of the few who did--and it's not the first time.

Dime
09-10-2006, 06:10 PM
That's what I was gonna say. We had no rushing game and McNabb's jersey was clean.

This thead is named David Carr.. Not anything else.

Is the defense, oline and rushing responsible.. yes.. But not what this thread is about

chuckm
09-10-2006, 06:17 PM
This thead is named David Carr.. Not anything else.

Is the defense, oline and rushing responsible.. yes.. But not what this thread is about

David Carr was not the reason we lost today ...

If you can't run the ball and rush the passer, you can't win consistently in the NFL, IMO ..... :twocents:

Dime
09-10-2006, 06:25 PM
David Carr was not the reason we lost today ...

If you can't run the ball and rush the passer, you can't win consistently in the NFL, IMO ..... :twocents:

David Carr WAS one of the MANY reasons we lost today, but he might not be AS responsible as others. His play helped to have 2 scores, but we also had a few three and outs that he was involved in. I am not saying he is SOLO Responsible, but he had plays that really didnt help either.

thunderkyss
09-10-2006, 06:33 PM

I'm in the "Carr needs to play better, and I see that Kubiak is bringing him along slowly"

I believe Carr definitely played better today......... but still has room for improvement. He did not lose the game for us, but he could have won it on a few occasions, and did not........... With me, that's ok...... we've got time.

I was more upset with Spencer....... I can't believe he is starting...

Vinny
09-10-2006, 06:33 PM
David Carr WAS one of the MANY reasons we lost today, but he might not be AS responsible as others. His play helped to have 2 scores, but we also had a few three and outs that he was involved in. I am not saying he is SOLO Responsible, but he had plays that really didnt help either.Players with 7-8 million dollar cap hits who play like 2 - 3 mil cap value players kill teams. Carr didn't lose this game for us but he didn't do anything special. I don't know why many in this town praise him for mediocre play when he jams our cap up with his salary. In an unlimited cap hit world this isn't a big problem....but the NFL has a salary cap.

chuckm
09-10-2006, 06:34 PM
I believe Carr definitely played better today......... but still has room for improvement. He did not lose the game for us, but he could have won it on a few occasions, and did not...........

Please expound on this ....

phan1
09-10-2006, 07:20 PM
I wasn't expecting to say this but Carr was a bright spot for our team that had a whole bunch of problems today. I thought he looked very poise and composed today, none of the "dear in the headlights" look that he showed throughout the whole preseason. I can't see downfield, but it almost looks like he had a perfect game! Really! If anytime he made a bad play, usually I was left wondering "WTF is he supposed to do in that situation..." Kubiak's gameplan has really made a difference in that it does look like Carr should always have a place to throw the football, unless the play totally breaks down. And it did many times today.

But one thing does yank my chain: A QB SHOULD NEVER SACK HIMSELF! And I'm not talking about him running out of bounds either (something I don't mind as much). It seems Carr gets a huge pass for this simply cause most of the sacks aren't his fault. But it makes me crazy when it looks like he just runs into a defender! He absolutely does not know how to lead his blocker in the pocket at all. I've seen him scrambling into the same direction that the blocker is trying to block! For example if his blocker is pushing a guy outside, he'll totally try to scramble outside and into the damn defender. What the hell! And tripping overyourself? Don't do that! C'mon man!

Wolf
09-10-2006, 08:30 PM
Players with 7-8 million dollar cap hits who play like 2 - 3 mil cap value players kill teams. Carr didn't lose this game for us but he didn't do anything special. I don't know why many in this town praise him for mediocre play when he jams our cap up with his salary. In an unlimited cap hit world this isn't a big problem....but the NFL has a salary cap.
lets get onto weaver and payne too.. what did they do to help the defense

airforcelover
09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
While I agree that Carr looked better, he had no place to go but up.

There were some plays he made that gave me hope that Kubiak's training had gotten through his thick head, but in the end it was the same old thing.

What is needed is a cattle prod!!!

Kubiak needs to assign one player to be in charge of it. When the ball is snapped the count starts. One, Two Three and if Carr still has the ball he gets the prod.

It shouldn't take too many games until the Pavlov's Dog effect takes over.

The O line can only be expected to protect him for so long, he just can't keep holding the ball!!!

But, the whole thing really boils down to him not being a team leader. When anyone talks about the players that are team leaders, he is never mentioned.

Wake up David, it is time to make the O line your trusted friends!!!!!

michaelm
09-10-2006, 09:29 PM

There it is right there... THE epitome of a person who just looks for a reason to bash Carr. You didn't even see the game, yet still insist on trying to lay the blame at Carr's feet?
Dude, I have nothing against you personally, but I think you really need to re-evaluate your objectivity, or lack thereof.

David Carr was one of the ONLY bright spots in today's game. Period.

On the other hand, maybe he just didn't have the "proper Jordan's" on...

phan1
09-10-2006, 10:02 PM
The only major knock on Carr today that I can tell is his low trajectory is really holding him back, but there's hardly anything you can do there. He just can't physically throw the football above Dlineman. So even when the blitz was picked up, there was a huge wall in front of him that wouldn't let him get the football to his WR. He's just not going to make those throws.

But I can say was almost the only bright spot today. The other was Demeco Ryans putting up some nice numbers for my fantasy league. :) We couldn't run the ball worth a darn, and our overpaid Dline is just looking pathetic right now. I really don't know how much worse your situation can get.

utahmark
09-10-2006, 11:18 PM

if you see 3 guys on one side of the line with only one guy to block you need to to something. not turn your head and ignore them.

GP
09-10-2006, 11:21 PM
1st off even if he did fall on his own, big freakin whoop to do. Like no one has ever tripped before. Slo mo sure does look like Flannigan stepped on his foot. But whatever if a single play like that is what you judge things on then have at.

This one is just ridiculous. Folks tip toe up the sidelines all the time. Now it is a criminal offense? BS. If the complaint was failing to find an open target down field then fine but this is just bean bag QB complaining at its worst.

Let's get together and watch that play, OK?

Because I see this (very very vividly in my memory because it is SEARED there):

David rolls out to his right, and easily has a first down. There is a defender to his left who is pursuing Carr, but the defender is not close enough to Carr at the point where Carr makes a pretty good jump toward the sideline so as to justify Carr tip toeing on the sideline. He did NOT have to tip toe down the sideline. Someone else PLEASE watch this play again and tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. As I saw it, in real time as it happened, I knew he had stepped out of bounds a good ways away from the first down marker...and I knew he had no clue that he had done it. If he does that right AT the marker, like most players do, then I'm good with it. But he was tip toeing the sideline way too early. Way too early.

So call me stupid, and say it's B.S. all you want. I could care. He tripped on his own. I saw the replay and specifically looked to see if he got stepped on. He didn't. He was already a step or two back away from anybody when he tripped on his own. And then he seriously mis-calculated the sideline on an easy first down. Sorry, but that's the reality.

"Great game, David. You looked a lot better."

But you personally killed two scoring opportunities all on your own.

We need him to control the things HE can control, such as NOT tripping and not miscalcualting the sideline under normal field conditions. There was no snow or mud or ice out there. There was no husky defender about rip his head off. It was a guy not focusing 100%. Workout Warrior is the term that has floated around here, to describe Carr, and I'm beginning to agree with it.

What a strange day. So many of you guys have torched Carr up until today, and I have been defending him. And it's reversing. I saw a guy who didn't play a full game even though he was out on the field, and most of you guys are actually quite pleased with his performance.

We are going to get absolutely shredded at Indy next Sunday. McNabb needed all that time in the pocket that he got today, and it takes Peyton half that time in the pocket to do a lot more damage than McNabb was able to dish out to us today.

Vinny
09-10-2006, 11:24 PM
What a strange day. So many of you guys have torched Carr up until today, and I have been defending him. And it's reversing. I saw a guy who didn't play a full game even though he was out on the field, and most of you guys are actually quite pleased with his performance.It must be a full moon since I thought Carr's play was encouraging.

utahmark
09-10-2006, 11:26 PM
It must be a full moon since I thought Carr's play was encouraging.

the world is coming to an end. everyone run. wait maybe we are ok, maybe he11 just froze over.

Honoring Earl 34
09-10-2006, 11:27 PM
Like it or not but as Carr goes so will the team .

Vinny
09-10-2006, 11:28 PM
the world is coming to an end. everyone run. wait maybe we are ok, maybe he11 just froze over.
Why? I only talk about what I see and I don't have an agenda other than wanting this franchise to win. If I bag on Carr I do it because I don't think he is playing well. I don't do it for any other reason.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 11:32 PM
What a strange day. So many of you guys have torched Carr up until today, and I have been defending him. And it's reversing. I saw a guy who didn't play a full game even though he was out on the field, and most of you guys are actually quite pleased with his performance.

I've never "torched Carr up"

Widgeteye
09-10-2006, 11:33 PM
There it is right there... THE epitome of a person who just looks for a reason to bash Carr. You didn't even see the game, yet still insist on trying to lay the blame at Carr's feet?
Dude, I have nothing against you personally, but I think you really need to re-evaluate your objectivity, or lack thereof.

David Carr was one of the ONLY bright spots in today's game. Period.

On the other hand, maybe he just didn't have the "proper Jordan's" on...

I agree with you. I think Carr is going to be a really good QB when he gets a line that can protect him. :ok:

GP
09-10-2006, 11:34 PM
It must be a full moon since I thought Carr's play was encouraging.

Honest to goodness: I am seriously scratching my head over this.

He played fairly well the first half, but I just honestly think that his second half performance, in terms of his overall leadership-focus-discipline, was a big drop off from the first half.

I dunno. I find it "encouraging" that so many of your guys fiind his play to be better, but I didn't see it to the same extent that a lot of you are claiming to have seen.

Jerek says he isn't allowed to audible, and I don't know if that's the whole truth or if it's a perception he has. If it's truth, then I am at a loss for words as to why Kubiak will not let him audible.

tulexan
09-10-2006, 11:37 PM
Jerek says he isn't allowed to audible, and I don't know if that's the whole truth or if it's a perception he has. If it's truth, then I am at a loss for words as to why Kubiak will not let him audible.

Some coaches do not let their QBs audible. I know that Parcells is one of them and Kubiak might be another.

infantrycak
09-10-2006, 11:50 PM
Why? I only talk about what I see and I don't have an agenda other than wanting this franchise to win. If I bag on Carr I do it because I don't think he is playing well. I don't do it for any other reason.

Totally agree. I can't believe this is what it has come down to. We are talking an inch of foot placement--not whether someone was open down field, not whether a WR got separation, not whether the OL implemented the ZBS all day long if at all, not whether a TE sealed off an edge but whether a friggin QB was looking at his feet while trying to make a play. Wow!!! Carr played OK today--improvement but not outstanding and this is the what folks are concentrating on.

The Pencil Neck
09-10-2006, 11:55 PM

Would you get off this "changed all the pieces" crap. We didn't change all the pieces but one. We've still got AJ, Bruener, Dunta, Pitts, Weigert, Peek, Babin, etc., etc.

We didn't lose this game because of Carr. He could have played better but we didn't lose this game because of him.

utahmark
09-10-2006, 11:55 PM

chill, i was just joking. you yourself said it must be a full moon. i was just playing along.

utahmark
09-10-2006, 11:57 PM

He played fairly well the first half, but I just honestly think that his second half performance, in terms of his overall leadership-focus-discipline, was a big drop off from the first half.

I dunno. I find it "encouraging" that so many of your guys fiind his play to be better, but I didn't see it to the same extent that a lot of you are claiming to have seen.

i sure didnt notice him audible today.

Vinny
09-10-2006, 11:58 PM
Totally agree. I can't believe this is what it has come down to. We are talking an inch of foot placement--not whether someone was open down field, not whether a WR got separation, not whether the OL implemented the ZBS all day long if at all, not whether a TE sealed off an edge but whether a friggin QB was looking at his feet while trying to make a play. Wow!!! Carr played OK today--improvement but not outstanding and this is the what folks are concentrating on. I thought he looked good when he had time. I thought he held the ball too long when he was in our end zone when he threw the ball away on one play when we kicked the fg (I thought he had a wr open early)...and I thought he made a couple of funky decisions...but most QB's do in the course of a game. I would have liked to see them stretch the field earlier so the Eagles could not load the box and squat on the run. When he finally went deep to AJ it was a perfect pass.

We ran a lot of slant/flat variations from a twin WR set (two wr's on the left side with dual TE's on the right) and he did a good job of finding the second wr today.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-10-2006, 11:58 PM
We might have not gotten the win today, but David's passer rating was great if you have not seen it yet......it's only the first game, David had a good day, we played a good NFL team.....I am just glad football is back on.....

Our day will come! :texflag: :trophy:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-11-2006, 12:04 AM
Also if you watched on the Sunday night Texans on CH.13 Kubiak even said in the interview, alot of the O line problem was just missed blocking assignments on the left side, 3 on 1 , QB will get sacked every time.....

Our Day Will Come ! :texflag: :trophy:

utahmark
09-11-2006, 12:10 AM
Also if you watched on the Sunday night Texans on CH.13 Kubiak even said in the interview, alot of the O line problem was just missed blocking assignments on the left side, 3 on 1 , QB will get sacked every time.....

twice i saw someone run between pitts and spencer. they need to fix that. another time there were just to many guys, carr should of noticed and got rid of the ball.

The Pencil Neck
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Let's get together and watch that play, OK?

Because I see this (very very vividly in my memory because it is SEARED there):

David rolls out to his right, and easily has a first down. There is a defender to his left who is pursuing Carr, but the defender is not close enough to Carr at the point where Carr makes a pretty good jump toward the sideline so as to justify Carr tip toeing on the sideline. He did NOT have to tip toe down the sideline. Someone else PLEASE watch this play again and tell me I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. As I saw it, in real time as it happened, I knew he had stepped out of bounds a good ways away from the first down marker...and I knew he had no clue that he had done it. If he does that right AT the marker, like most players do, then I'm good with it. But he was tip toeing the sideline way too early. Way too early.

I think you're wrong. If he isn't hugging the sideline like that, the guy pursuing him gets him. Whoever that lineman was, he was a lot quicker than I would have expected.

You're right in that he didn't think he'd stepped out of bounds but neither did I or the announcers that were watching the play. It wasn't until I played it back slow motion that I see where he stepped out.

I don't hold that play against him. Especially after he'd gotten that big run up the middle earlier in the drive to keep the drive going.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-11-2006, 12:14 AM
Hopefully the O line can correct this after watching the tape this week, to see the blown assignments, by them....I did like seeing Steve Mckinney recovering the fumble today, at least he was paying attention.....

Ibar_Harry
09-11-2006, 12:15 AM

I will go back to the Denver game when Spencer had to be replaced by Wand and then things settled down. I'm still chaffing at them letting Wand go for Saleem or whatever his name is. I think they made a very bad mistake. I think Spencer will be good, but sometimes he needs a break to calm down and Wand has been doing a good job of that. I have not been a Pitts fan for sometime. I have stated I wanted to see Wand, Wiegert, Flannigan, Weary,Pitts for the O-line. I still think that is the best combo, but so goes life.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-11-2006, 12:19 AM
I will go back to the Denver game when Spencer had to be replaced by Wand and then things settled down. I'm still chaffing at them letting Wand go for Saleem or whatever his name is. I think they made a very bad mistake. I think Spencer will be good, but sometimes he needs a break to calm down and Wand has been doing a good job of that. I have not been a Pitts fan for sometime. I have stated I wanted to see Wand, Wiegert, Flannigan, Weary,Pitts for the O-line. I still think that is the best combo, but so goes life.

Yes Wand made his pressence felt on the feild as a veteran, sad to see him go.......

michaelm
09-11-2006, 12:28 AM

I feel like you may be letting yourself get too hung up on the two plays that you have been mentioning. I don't mean that as a personal swipe at you or anything. You just seem to be letting those two plays carry more weight than they should (IMO) in your evaluation of Carr's play.

thunderkyss
09-11-2006, 08:46 AM

I'm with you...... kinda.

I thought Wand earned a starting job..... definitely figured he'd make the team over Salaam...... the journeyman.

I don't like the idea of starting Spencer, but I want to win games, Kubiak..... it seems is more interested in training Spencer...... & David. Spencer did pretty well playing against Darren Howard. Next week Freeney...... woohoo.

By week 8, he'll have seen the best of the best, so we'll be in real good position to make a run (ala Miami Dolphins), and go strong into next year.

But still..... we should've kept Wand.

GP
09-11-2006, 08:47 AM
I feel like you may be letting yourself get too hung up on the two plays that you have been mentioning. I don't mean that as a personal swipe at you or anything. You just seem to be letting those two plays carry more weight than they should (IMO) in your evaluation of Carr's play.

You're probably right, but those two plays (IMO) were the key to making that game more respectable than it was. That second half was a mirror image of last season's games.

The first half looked like Kubiak football as we saw it in preseason. The second half was (again, IMO) pretty awful in terms of "execution."

I did see better feet on Carr, in the pocket. He made a great run up the middle, which was an excellent decision on his behalf. He threw passes deeper over the middle than he normally has. He was getting sacked and threw a nice desperation pass to the RB for a nice gain.

I was just discouraged by the overall trend I saw in the second half, and that "trend" IMO was 2005 Texans football where he cannot get a rhythm or hold onto drives all the way to the end of the game.

Who knows, maybe we just faced a Super Bowl caliber team and we'll look back on this and be OK with getting beaten 24-10 on opening day, at home. I hope that's the case. I am hoping that this game was never in our reach to begin with. I just wanted to establish a win the first day out.

michaelm
09-11-2006, 10:12 AM
Who knows, maybe we just faced a Super Bowl caliber team and we'll look back on this and be OK with getting beaten 24-10 on opening day, at home. I hope that's the case. I am hoping that this game was never in our reach to begin with. I just wanted to establish a win the first day out.

I'm totally with you on all of this.

gafftop
12-20-2010, 07:28 PM

Flash Back

Wolf
12-20-2010, 07:34 PM
what for? mario didn't play yesterday and Mario has been playing with a herniated disk for parts of this season

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 07:37 PM
what for? mario didn't play yesterday and Mario has been playing with a herniated disk for parts of this season

Not a disk, a sports hernia. Okoye has the bulging disk.

Flash Back

Thread resurrection isn't nearly as cute as some people think-- especially after the 387th time.

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 07:41 PM
This thread should have stayed retired for many reasons. One would be IT'S FOUR EFFING YEARS OLD!!!!

*ahem* Sorry.

gafftop
12-20-2010, 07:49 PM
I guess more so on David Carr comment. After all the time here he still had supporters. Now I hope it is obvious he was a duck. Of course I will still standby my assessment of Mario. Not to say Mario is terrible but he is over rated.

gafftop
12-20-2010, 07:53 PM
This thread should have stayed retired for many reasons. One would be IT'S FOUR EFFING YEARS OLD!!!!

*ahem* Sorry.

Yeah you are probably right. Just in a sentimental mood I guess. Looking forward the future looks bleak since we may still have Kubith. The present is crap. Started looking back and guess what I found?
Sorry about that.

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 07:56 PM
Yeah you are probably right. Just in a sentimental mood I guess. Looking forward the future looks bleak since we may still have Kubith. The present is crap. Started looking back and guess what I found?
Sorry about that.

Don't take me too seriously my fellow fan. If you bringing up an old thread making a point I disagree with is the worse thing that can happen today I'm doing great. ;)

Texan_Bill
12-20-2010, 08:00 PM

Brisko is right. Mario has suffered (since week 8 IIRC) from a sports hernia.

Wolf
12-20-2010, 08:01 PM
thanks for the correction guys

:facepalm: <-- Wolf

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 08:02 PM
I guess more so on David Carr comment. After all the time here he still had supporters. Now I hope it is obvious he was a duck. Of course I will still standby my assessment of Mario. Not to say Mario is terrible but he is over rated.

You resurrect a four year old thread to compare Mario Williams to David Carr?

That's it, I quit the internet.

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 08:07 PM

WARNING: THREAD HIJACK! (relax, the thread is lucky)

BC, I like your avatar. Your dog? I miss having a dog and find myself thinking about getting one after the 1st. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/thdog.gif

GP
12-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Anybody notice how much I was keeping it real and others who still post here, to this day, were saying Carr looked "good"? LOL.

And I notice a lot of those same posters are also saying we are getting on Kubiak's case too much.

Coincidence? I think not.

JB
12-20-2010, 08:52 PM
Could a mod please lock this thread?

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 08:53 PM
Don't tell me you went back and read this historical thread.

JB
12-20-2010, 08:56 PM
Don't tell me you went back and read this historical thread.

I read it as it was written. I was just a lurker then though.

Showtime100
12-20-2010, 09:05 PM
I read it as it was written. I was just a lurker then though.

Sorry, JB, we posted simultaneously and my post was meant for GP tooting his horn.

GP
12-20-2010, 09:40 PM
Sorry, JB, we posted simultaneously and my post was meant for GP tooting his horn.

Toot toot ;)

Napa Auto Parts
12-20-2010, 09:54 PM
Hulk75 were are you?

Brisco_County
12-20-2010, 11:35 PM
WARNING: THREAD HIJACK! (relax, the thread is lucky)

BC, I like your avatar. Your dog? I miss having a dog and find myself thinking about getting one after the 1st. http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/Emoticons/thdog.gif

Yeah, he's a cocker that I adopted about six years ago and is a real pain in the ass, but we love him. You'll notice in the picture he has a red mohawk. He's 16 years old now, so he's definitely in his sunset years.

Big Lou
12-20-2010, 11:56 PM
Brisko is right. Mario has suffered (since week 8 IIRC) from a sports hernia.

I'm suffering from a "Sucky-Franchise-Hernia". It hurts like a M----r F----r every time I watch a game that Houston plays in. It also flares up when I go to any Houston Sports related websites during the week. I got in 9 years ago, and thought I was over it, but reagrevated it this season about week 9. I tried to watch through the pain, I tried shots (Not Demoral, just Tequila), I tried heat and cold, but I just couldn't take it. The best I can do is get in the Ice Tub and complain on Texanstalk.com, it helps a little, hoping the offseason brings me some relief.

Big Lou
12-20-2010, 11:56 PM

Al Gore will be sad to hear that.....

Ckw
12-21-2010, 02:07 AM
:hides:

Who is that moron that started this thread to defend David Carr?!?

gafftop
12-21-2010, 10:41 AM
Glad to see the posters still posting are not on suicide watch. I guess the ones we need to worry about are the ones not posting. LOL