PDA

View Full Version : Chris Taylor activated from practice squad

TexanSam
09-10-2006, 01:45 AM
http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4175174.html

Interesting. I wonder if they aren't going to play Dayne because they think it's too early after signing him so recently or because he's still suffering from his turf toe injury.

South Texan
09-10-2006, 02:21 AM

Interesting. I wonder if they aren't going to play Dayne because they think it's too early after signing him so recently or because he's still suffering from his turf toe injury.

How about both?

socalfan
09-10-2006, 02:23 AM
Who did they cut to put him on the active roster?

Texans34Life
09-10-2006, 02:37 AM
Who did they cut to put him on the active roster?

Roy Manning.

socalfan
09-10-2006, 03:17 AM
Thanks.

socalfan
09-10-2006, 03:20 AM
They just signed him the other day and cut Bedell to do it, why cut him now to bring up a practice squad guy? Do you think they will re-sign him next week? Or perhaps re-sign Bedell, that way they will have 10 active o-linemen.

Chris Taylor MVP
09-10-2006, 07:43 AM
Chris Taylor has shown that being an honest and hard working man (as well as an outstanding athlete) can take you places many of us can't even dream about. How many of us would like to be in this young man's shoes? An undrafted free agent with the odds stacked against him to even make the cuts leading to the preseason games. Since day one, Chris has been dedicated to out working, out hustling, out running, absorbing all the coaches' lectures and teachings and doing everything 110 percent!
Kudos goes out to him for being such an outstanding person.
He's living out the American dream and letting us in on it with him. So when Chris plays, give this young man an ovation for being not only a great Texans football player, but someone you can trust to do the right thing with a smile and 110 percent determined, hardnosed effort. Keeping Chris Taylor on the team means the Texans will win games with Chris being a major contributor. You can count on Chris to do the right thing!

Stampede
09-10-2006, 07:50 AM
Chris Taylor has shown that being an honest and hard working man (as well as an outstanding athlete) can take you places many of us can't even dream about. How many of us would like to be in this young man's shoes? An undrafted free agent with the odds stacked against him to even make the cuts leading to the preseason games. Since day one, Chris has been dedicated to out working, out hustling, out running, absorbing all the coaches' lectures and teachings and doing everything 110 percent!
He's living out the American dream and letting us in on it with him. So when Chris plays, give this young man an ovation for being not only a great Texans football player, but someone you can trust to do the right thing with a smile and 110 percent determined, hardnosed effort. Keeping Chris Taylor on the team means the Texans will win games with Chris being a major contributor. You can count on Chris to do the right thing!

Um...is Chris planning on having a car dealership in the future? :)

TexanExile
09-10-2006, 07:57 AM
Roy Manning.

Awww, man...there goes another Manning who will never get a Super Bowl ring.

:tease:

HJam72
09-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Chris Taylor has shown that being an honest and hard working man (as well as an outstanding athlete) can take you places...

Not do disagree at all, but are you related to him or something? Or were you a fan of his in college or what? You sure are high on that one guy. I'm glad to see he's achieving with the team.

Malloy
09-10-2006, 08:39 AM
Chris Taylor has shown that being an honest and hard working man (as well as an outstanding athlete) can take you places many of us can't even dream about.

I always wanted to go windsurfing in Hawaii, Chris, can you take me there ? :)

If not, dinner and a movie will do, thanks :)

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-10-2006, 11:38 AM
Truely was worried when he was placed on the practice squad, this guy has talent even though he was undrafted, thought another team would pick him up.....

TexansFanatic
09-10-2006, 11:52 AM

Chris, Chris, he's our man. If he can't do it, no one can! Yay, Chris!!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-10-2006, 12:21 PM

I wonder if they are not counting on Manning passing waivers and reinstituting him on the PS after today's game........essentially using Taylor this week only as active while Dayne is being "prepared." Then Taylor also goes back to PS.

TexanFan881
09-10-2006, 12:52 PM
That didn't take too long...:yahoo:

HoustonFan
09-10-2006, 01:00 PM
I was shocked when they cut him, but I'm glad they got him for the practice squad. And now he's been activated from the practice squad. I hope he does well today.