PDA

View Full Version : Eagles Prepare: PG49

TEXANS84
09-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Thought this was an interesting take on the Eagles perspective on how to read Kubiak and the Texans this Sunday.

Some of the video being viewed by the Eagles' defense this week is rated PG 49.

Here's how the rating system works: The letters stand for a pretty gruesome performance, and the 49 represents the number of points allowed by the Eagles' defense in a lopsided loss to the Denver Broncos last November.

"Yeah, it's painful to [watch], there's no question about that," defensive coordinator Jim Johnson said when asked if he was examining the game film from that Eagles defeat.

Just so you're not too confused, the Eagles will not play the defending NFC West champion Broncos in their opener Sunday at Reliant Stadium. They're playing the Houston Texans, the worst team in football last season. But the Broncos' film is valuable because first-year Houston head coach Gary Kubiak was Denver's offensive coordinator for 11 seasons, including last year.

"It's probably one of the worst games we played," Johnson said. "You learn from every game. We went through all [the Broncos'] games from last year. You have to because the [Texans] starters just played a little bit in preseason."

The article goes on to talk about how some of the players think Carr is like Plummer, and expect the same things. And how the "cut-block" has been installed on our line.

http://www.philly.com/mld/philly/sports/football/15465406.htm

Wolf
09-08-2006, 05:35 PM
I really expect us to struggle offensively..one because of 3 rookies and a new system and 2) of the eagles defense.

I predicted us to keep it close and win... and IMO that depends on the 1st quarter, if we gain confidence, watchout..

when we get a chance to get a turnover, we better take advantage... McNabb flat out doesn't turn the ball over very often

EDIT..thanks for whoever caught that I said McNair instead of McNabb...

RiotCommander
09-08-2006, 05:44 PM
It sounds almost like the Eagles are preparing to play the Broncos. We are not quite on that level yet, but at least their coaches are not over looking us. I hope they are looking at some Greenbay video as well. You better believe we are going to use some of Sherman's plays too.

I doubt we hold anything back for the Colts unless something drastic happens in our favor which I don't think anyone expects.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 06:18 PM
I really expect us to struggle offensively..one because of 3 rookies and a new system and 2 of the eagles defense.

I predicted us to keep it close and win... and IMO that depends on the 1st quarter, if we gain confidence, watchout..

when we get a chance to get a turnover, we better take advantage... McNair flat out doesn't turn the ball over very often

McNabb is our QB, not McNair.

Westy doesn't cough up many fumbles either, and neither does Buckhalter.

LJ Smith can be fumble prone. He's only had 2 in his career, but he carries the ball away from his body.

RBs Moats and Perry can be fumble prone as well, but I doubt they will combine for more then 12 touches.

Wolf
09-08-2006, 06:30 PM
McNabb is our QB, not McNair.

Westy doesn't cough up many fumbles either, and neither does Buckhalter.

LJ Smith can be fumble prone. He's only had 2 in his career, but he carries the ball away from his body.

RBs Moats and Perry can be fumble prone as well, but I doubt they will combine for more then 12 touches.

yeah LOL.. guess I am not used to typing McNabb LOL
..sorry about that typo