PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone see our 2005 review on ESPN?

El Tejano
09-08-2006, 10:54 AM
I didn't want to look at it because I never want to think of that season again but I couldn't help it because it fired me up to really hope for a better season.

At first it made me laugh when it was talking about our front 7. You could tell it was trying to pull out whatever it could to brag about them but had very little to say anything with. Travis Johnson had 40 tackles and 1 sack, Payne turned in 2 sacks etc...
I smiled a bit though when they said Orr had 7 sacks.

The clip on Dunta made me feel real good though when they showed all the passes he defensed, and you really got a feel for how much he is a leader and wants to win.

Then when they showed Kubiak and Carr, all I could think of was how much the old regime hampered this team with lack of real coaching.

I liked how you heard Kubiak say that Carr is like a sponge and soaks in all his coaching.

Snapple
09-08-2006, 11:01 AM
I actually liked the atmosphere on the board last season. Today, people are fractured over the direction of the team. Last year, people were too busy self-medicating after a loss to argue. We were miserable, but we were miserable together, dammit.

And yes, there's always Dunta. And don't forget Mathis! He made the team watchable anytime he made a return. I hope they included him in the review.

chuckm
09-08-2006, 11:04 AM
2005 is dead to me

El Tejano
09-08-2006, 12:56 PM
I only knew there was a 2005 because they put that # on the title of the review.

bad
09-08-2006, 02:33 PM
I watched it yesterday, on NFL Network I think. I almost didn't want to see it because last year was horrible - however the show actually focused more on the changes made in the offseason and it made me feel very positive about this season and the future of the Texans.

Some nice bits on Mathis, Ryans, Lundy and of course Big Mario Williams.

Carr haters ain't gonna like what Kubes says about his QB, but it bodes well for the team that they see something many of us coach potatoes don't see in our underacheiving signal caller. If Carr has a breakout year, so do the Texans.

Wolf
09-08-2006, 06:37 PM
I won't watch it.. I imagine "El presidente" will be mentioned over and over