09-08-2006, 10:42 AM
NY Giants vs. Indy Colts

Manning Bowl

RiotCommander
09-08-2006, 10:42 AM
I was hoping this was not going to happen. At least not this week. *sigh*

Eagles v Broncos

Broncos winning the game

I know a lot of people are not exactly picking this combo out there, but we shall see. Go Texans! =)

TheOgre
09-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Carolina vs. Indianapolis (yes I am gullable enough to give Peyton another chance)

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 11:14 AM
Texans-49ers :pigfly:

gwallaia
09-08-2006, 11:21 AM
Denver Broncos vs. Carolina Panthers

gtexan02
09-08-2006, 11:21 AM
I think it will be Seahawks and Steelers. Again.

BigBull17
09-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Bucs vs Denver
If it is the Manning bowl, I may shoot myself.

TD
09-08-2006, 12:15 PM
Bears over the Colts.

Kaiser Toro
09-08-2006, 12:16 PM
Panthers v Steelers

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Mine:

Atlanta Falcons vs. Cincinnati Bengals

Falcons need a Qb... they will have a good D though.

Sportsfan
09-08-2006, 02:30 PM
Falcons need a Qb... they will have a good D though.

They have that guy named Michael Vick.....

powerfuldragon
09-08-2006, 02:36 PM
yup.

Brandon420tx
09-08-2006, 02:41 PM
Texans vs. Eagles,

A rematch of game 1.

whiskeyrbl
09-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Carolina v.s. Cincinnatti

hobie
09-08-2006, 02:46 PM
This is the year those Clydesdale horses will put it all together and run the table!

Corrosion
09-08-2006, 03:15 PM
Carolina is the class of the NFC with Seattle and Atlanta in the second tier.

I would mention Dallas here but I dont think Bledsoe can stay healthy all year with that O-line .

The AFC is a bit more difficult to call . There are several teams that are very good , including Denver , Indy , New England and the Steelers who proved last night against a very solid Miami team why they won it all last season .

Indy lost Edge and I just cant see Pay-Me-A-Ton winning a big game . He may make me eat crow this year but until he does in the play-off what he has done during the regular season I wont be persueded to believe in them.

The Pats have lost several coaches , had injuries and lost a few key players in the past couple of seasons But they still have Brady and Belichick .... I dont like to bet against those two , they just seem to find a way to win .

Denver lost their OC and Jake is somewhat erratic but their running game and overall scheme dont place a lot of burden on the QB . Every year we see this team among the contenders , dont see that changing this year .

Pittsburgh showed us last night that they arent reliant upon Big Ben to win games for them , their QB simply has to limit mistakes and manage the game , its a total team effort lead by the guy's in the trenches . Win in the trenches and you win a lot of games , including the big ones .

NFC championship : Carolina over Atlanta .

AFC championship : Pittsburgh over Denver

Superbowl : Carolina and Pittsburgh

These two teams remind me a lot of each other , both are solid on both sides of the lines and have very good defenses . I'd give Carolina the edge on offense and specificly at the QB position and Pittsburgh a slight advantage on defense . :twocents:

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 03:18 PM
They have that guy named Michael Vick.....

and he sucks. I am talking about a QB.

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 03:24 PM
Carolina are going to be tough but Keyshawn is easy to get to and Smith is not. Their D will be good as always. A well put together team with a great coach.

Atlanta will suck once again. Vick is WAY overrated. Philly's Trotter & Company knows how to contain him. 2004 playoffs we contained him and made him look stupid. Same in 2005... just imagine what that would have been like if Trotter played that game. Why do you think they knocked Trotter out?

PhillyFan
09-08-2006, 03:38 PM
People need to get off of Carolina's jock.

Theyve been predicted in the super bowl ever since the last time they were in it. And they have sucked since.

My prediction -

Denver vs Philadelphia

Seattle will take a step back. Carolina goes out in the first round. The giants will be hamstrung by Eli. leaving Philly.

AFC will be tough, but I like Denver beating Pittsburgh in the AFCCG this year.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 03:41 PM
Carolina is the class of the NFC with Seattle and Atlanta in the second tier.

I would mention Dallas here but I dont think Bledsoe can stay healthy all year with that O-line .

The AFC is a bit more difficult to call . There are several teams that are very good , including Denver , Indy , New England and the Steelers who proved last night against a very solid Miami team why they won it all last season .

Indy lost Edge and I just cant see Pay-Me-A-Ton winning a big game . He may make me eat crow this year but until he does in the play-off what he has done during the regular season I wont be persueded to believe in them.

The Pats have lost several coaches , had injuries and lost a few key players in the past couple of seasons But they still have Brady and Belichick .... I dont like to bet against those two , they just seem to find a way to win .

Denver lost their OC and Jake is somewhat erratic but their running game and overall scheme dont place a lot of burden on the QB . Every year we see this team among the contenders , dont see that changing this year .

Pittsburgh showed us last night that they arent reliant upon Big Ben to win games for them , their QB simply has to limit mistakes and manage the game , its a total team effort lead by the guy's in the trenches . Win in the trenches and you win a lot of games , including the big ones .

NFC championship : Carolina over Atlanta .

AFC championship : Pittsburgh over Denver

Superbowl : Carolina and Pittsburgh

These two teams remind me a lot of each other , both are solid on both sides of the lines and have very good defenses . I'd give Carolina the edge on offense and specificly at the QB position and Pittsburgh a slight advantage on defense . :twocents:

Your opinions are very similar to mine. The only thing I question is your two teams in the NFC championship game. Although they have a good defense, I will never be sold on Atlantas offense as long as Vick is the QB. I would probably place Seattle or Philly there.:spy:

ThaShark316
09-08-2006, 03:46 PM
AFC:

South: Colts
West: Broncos
East: Patriots
North: Bengals

WC: Steelers and Ravens

NFC:

South: Panthers
West: Seahawks
East: Cowboys
North: Bears

WC: Buccaneers and Vikings

AFC Champ. Game: Patriots over Steelers
NFC Champ. Game: Panthers over Cowboys

Super Bowl XLI: Panthers over Patriots

Brandon420tx
09-08-2006, 05:14 PM
Shark, I have that song (in your sig) in my i-pod.:fireball: :bowser: :mario:

swtbound07
09-08-2006, 05:17 PM
Atlanta Cinncinati...Atlanta wins it all

Mike Vick is the TRUTH

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 06:02 PM
Atlanta Cinncinati...Atlanta wins it all

Mike Vick is the TRUTH

You must be on some wild azz drugs. LOL!!!!!!!! Vick sucks! It's like saying Aaron Brooks is the truth.

TexansLucky13
09-08-2006, 06:13 PM
Carolina vs. Indianapolis (yes I am gullable enough to give Peyton another chance)

This is my 35$ bet.

Panthers win.

Who said Falcons in the SB? Are you joking? In the NFC South they will be lucky to break even, much less grab a title. Carolina will take the Division and the Bucs will grab a wildcard. How in the world do half of these posters think the Falcons even have a chance at the playoffs? Lawyer Milloy acquisition? Yea right. That's like saying that the Texans will be in this SB since we got Eric Moulds. It makes no sense.

texflex513
09-08-2006, 06:36 PM
I will take the broncos and panthers.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
09-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Call me a Homer if you'd like, but the Cowboys will return to the Super Bowl after an 11-year absence. The Cowboy's have the most solid team since 1996, the team really is clicking in all cylinders.. The o-line has great strides this off-season, Terry Glenn has lit it up, the Dallas D has been playing shutdown.. and this was all without Terrell Owens.

If Dallas had a kicker last year, they win 3 more easy to go 12-4.

Take a look at how the Cowboy's fared against other NFC Powerhouses last season:

Panthers- won
Giants- split
Eagles- swept
Seahawks- lost in closing seconds (thx alot kicker Jose Cortez)

Others-

Bears- you put them in the east, they would struggle to even make the wildcard
Bucs- Chris Simms strikes no fear into this Dallas D.

Dallas wins Super Bowl XLI over Pitt. (look at the way Charlie Batch lit up Miami.. woowee..)

lol and who else is tired of seeing the Panthers picked to win the SB the past three years?

BigDTexansFan
09-09-2006, 12:04 AM
Texans vs Cowpatties and they get shutout 56-0 with NFL commisioner being begged by Plastic-man Jones to let him throw in towel at halftime:yahoo:

michaelm
09-09-2006, 02:46 AM

DITTO

HomeBred_Texan
09-09-2006, 08:08 AM
Carolina vs Indy

CoachJim
09-09-2006, 08:40 AM
The New York football Giants
vs
The New England Patriots

TBrady pulls yet another rabbit from his ass.

Texans86
09-09-2006, 03:09 PM
Chicago Bears Vs. Cincinati Bengals

NEROtheZERO
09-09-2006, 03:23 PM
I know this is not going to be a popular opinion because they just lost a couple of nights ago but I am going with Carolina representing the NFC and Miami representing the AFC. The two teams are very simliar; great coaches, great defenses, and adequate offenses. I think those are the ingredients to a SB and I feel that both of these teams fit the mold very well.

The Dream
09-09-2006, 03:25 PM
Colts vs. Seahawks

Similar to last year I think Indy, Cincy, and Pittsburgh have the best chances coming out the AFC.....As far as the NFC is concerned I have the Seahawks going back, a lot of people have been picking Dallas but I'm still not to sure on Drew Bledsoe at this stage in his career, and TO can always be TO (I mean that in a bad way)

Double Barrel
09-09-2006, 04:02 PM
My pick: Bengals over the Panthers for this year's Superbowl.

threetoedpete
09-09-2006, 04:16 PM

I'll jump on this band wagon. Clearly, by far, Peyton has the best chance to get there. Plays in a weak division. Where he has consistantly bombed the other three weak sisters the last two years. The defense has been getting better every year. Inspite of the wolf {Belichick}, I believe he gets his shot this year at the big dance.

As long as the DT's in Carolina stay intack, they're the bell cow. I think the loss of Huchinson is gonna hurt the hawks. Can't go from a cadilac to a pork chop and tell me it's the same thing.

threetoedpete
09-09-2006, 04:18 PM
Chicago Bears Vs. Cincinati Bengals
Nice job, at least you're going against the heard.

Sportsfan
09-11-2006, 10:11 AM
and he sucks. I am talking about a QB.

I am too, his name is Michael Vick. Do me a favor, go watch the game highlights from the Atl-Car game and get back to me on that.
Thanks

yourfavoritetexan42
09-12-2006, 09:22 AM
ravens vs falcons

talk about hype and entertainment in this one...if it happend. But my point is falcons MANHANDLED an NFC championship team and the ravens killed a playoff team last week. I don't see holes in either one of these teams. I see them meeting in the superbowl.

Cgold
09-12-2006, 10:55 AM
Before week one i picked Bengals-Panthers for the superbowl, but carolina did not play well at all.. Im not ready to take them out yet cuz its week one, but it def. made me think if i was way off on the panthers.. i feel confident with the bengals..i think they would of gone last year for not palmer getting hurt first quarter..

Bengals over Patriots
Panthers over Eagles...

Bengals over panthers...

Huge
09-12-2006, 11:43 AM
Carolina are going to be tough but Keyshawn is easy to get to and Smith is not. Their D will be good as always. A well put together team with a great coach.

Atlanta will suck once again. Vick is WAY overrated. Philly's Trotter & Company knows how to contain him. 2004 playoffs we contained him and made him look stupid. Same in 2005... just imagine what that would have been like if Trotter played that game. Why do you think they knocked Trotter out?
Atlanta - 20
Carolina - 6

Man, you sure know your stuff. :yikes:

santo
09-12-2006, 01:15 PM
I'm going with a battle of the birds....

Ravens vs. Seahawks.

DBCooper
09-12-2006, 01:18 PM
Sticking to my original matchup: (regardless of last Sunday)

Cowboys over Colts

flylikeaneagle
09-12-2006, 03:41 PM
Atlanta - 20
Carolina - 6

Man, you sure know your stuff. :yikes:

Never said Carolina would win that game. I actually picked ATL on my Pick'em.

Mike Kerns
09-12-2006, 07:56 PM
If that Defense stays healthy, I think the Dirty Birds can win the NFC. John Abraham looked like a man amongst boys.

flylikeaneagle
09-12-2006, 09:41 PM
Eagles-Steelers
Keystone Bowl

colts18288
09-12-2006, 09:53 PM
They have that guy named Michael Vick..... Thats a R.B. with a arm. Heck the Chargers L.T. could be Vick, just a lil better.

Hutch13
09-12-2006, 09:58 PM
Colts vs Seahawks. Seahawks win it

Huge
09-13-2006, 03:48 PM
Never said Carolina would win that game. I actually picked ATL on my Pick'em.
So you picked the visiting team that you feel will suck once again over the home team that you think (thought) will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

You should move to Vegas.

TEXANRED
09-13-2006, 04:35 PM
I think this is Indy's year

NFC is wide open.

Bears if they can score some points

Eagles, Panthers(Maybe Atl), Bears, Seahawks are your top 4 in the NFC

AFC championship game: Indy/Steelers: Bengals the dark horse. Indy Superbowl.

NFC Championship game: Bears/Eagles: ATL is my dark horse. Bears Superbowl

Bears upset Indy 21-10. Bears D gets Payton off balance and just dosn't play well.

Thats what my crystal ball tells me.

flylikeaneagle
09-13-2006, 06:23 PM
So you picked the visiting team that you feel will suck once again over the home team that you think (thought) will represent the NFC in the Super Bowl.

You should move to Vegas.

Yes, I picked Atlanta in that game. I double checked and I was correct. OUt of 32 people picking. I picked two games wrong. Everyone else pretty much tanked.

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-13-2006, 07:25 PM
Titans vs. Saints

You heard it here first

sk8termom
09-14-2006, 09:48 PM
Eagles-Steelers
Keystone Bowl

That would be so cool! :jumpbanan

kubiakfan
09-26-2006, 02:56 AM
Broncos and Panthers

Denver Broncos will win by 13 points.

mancunian
09-26-2006, 08:12 AM
Bengals against any of Seahawks, Panthers, Bears

kastofsna
09-26-2006, 02:07 PM
i picked dolphins vs. cowboys several months ago. what the hell, might as well stick with that prediction till i'm made to look like an ***** (3 or 4 weeks).

nzbolt
09-26-2006, 03:12 PM
Bears v Chargers.

Defense wins championships- I'm not a huge fan of the bears offense, but with defenses like the Bears and Chargers, all the offense needs to do is manage the clock and not turn the ball over.
Chargers 21 Bears 17

Texas
09-26-2006, 03:16 PM
Seahawks v Bengals

mancunian
09-26-2006, 03:20 PM
Bears v Chargers.

Defense wins championships- I'm not a huge fan of the bears offense, but with defenses like the Bears and Chargers, all the offense needs to do is manage the clock and not turn the ball over.
Chargers 21 Bears 17

wish our defence was like that....one day, one day......not sure about the Chargers. Dont think Rivers has enough experience. The Bengals look the strongest team in the AFC - followed by the Colts.

nzbolt
09-26-2006, 03:37 PM
wish our defence was like that....one day, one day......not sure about the Chargers. Dont think Rivers has enough experience. The Bengals look the strongest team in the AFC - followed by the Colts.
Agreed that the Bengals look strong- they're a good team and I was lucky enough to watch Carson Palmer play through HS. He's the real deal- but Marvin Lewis spent the offseason building a team full of thugs and miscreants. Their offseason police blotter was probably the longest I've seen in the last 20 odd years. I'm thinking that at some point, some of the less savory characters might start playing up a bit. We'll see how it works out for them. If they lose a few, don't be surprised when some of the idjuts on the roster start "Owens-ing"

In terms of Rivers- I think you'll be surprised what he does the next couple of weeks vs the Ravens and Steelers. He's not a rookie and he's made excellent decisions in weeks 1 & 2. I know it was only Oakland and Tennessee, but the Chargers utterly dominated 2 NFL teams on back to back weekends, which is something that doesn't happen very often in the NFL. The Charger D is fierce and with LT, Gates, Kmac and others on offense, Rivers won't have to carry the load. I think you could easily argue that the Chargers offense is much more talented than the Steeler offense that Big Ben "managed" to a Super Bowl win last year.

In terms of the Colts- I'm not sold on Peyton in the playoffs. Peyton is gonna have to win the big one for me to give him credit. Until then, he's nothing but Dan Marino to me. A great QB, but his playoff performances and record speak volumes.

mancunian
09-26-2006, 03:47 PM
Agreed that the Bengals look strong- they're a good team and I was lucky enough to watch Carson Palmer play through HS. He's the real deal- but Marvin Lewis spent the offseason building a team full of thugs and miscreants. Their offseason police blotter was probably the longest I've seen in the last 20 odd years. I'm thinking that at some point, some of the less savory characters might start playing up a bit. We'll see how it works out for them. If they lose a few, don't be surprised when some of the idjuts on the roster start "Owens-ing"

In terms of Rivers- I think you'll be surprised what he does the next couple of weeks vs the Ravens and Steelers. He's not a rookie and he's made excellent decisions in weeks 1 & 2. I know it was only Oakland and Tennessee, but the Chargers utterly dominated 2 NFL teams on back to back weekends, which is something that doesn't happen very often in the NFL. The Charger D is fierce and with LT, Gates, Kmac and others on offense, Rivers won't have to carry the load. I think you could easily argue that the Chargers offense is much more talented than the Steeler offense that Big Ben "managed" to a Super Bowl win last year.

In terms of the Colts- I'm not sold on Peyton in the playoffs. Peyton is gonna have to win the big one for me to give him credit. Until then, he's nothing but Dan Marino to me. A great QB, but his playoff performances and record speak volumes.
I've just added Rivers to my fantasy team......dont get me wrong I think he is talented, and yeah I'd agree that they have more talent than the Steelers. But Ben was in his second full season as a starter. The Chargers will go far - and their defence is good. Maybe they'll be the team from nowhere that suprises everyone. It would be nice to see Marty finally do something in the post season.

nzbolt
09-26-2006, 03:58 PM
I've just added Rivers to my fantasy team......dont get me wrong I think he is talented, and yeah I'd agree that they have more talent than the Steelers. But Ben was in his second full season as a starter. The Chargers will go far - and their defence is good. Maybe they'll be the team from nowhere that suprises everyone. It would be nice to see Marty finally do something in the post season.
Now that WOULD be a miracle. I think the Chargers are talented enough on both sides of the ball to win- in spite of Marty.