PDA

View Full Version : Nasty as it gets

CloakNNNdagger
09-08-2006, 07:00 AM
We sit here thinking of nicknames (http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/state/15463778.htm) for our D, O and individual players, but those names just "naturally" tend to come...............

"NASTY" BOY: Left tackle Charles Spencer has been through exactly one NFL training camp, and he's already earned a nickname.

The 6-foot-4, 337-pound rookie flattened a teammate - he won't say who - during practice, paving a huge hole for fullback Jameel Cook.

"The next day, the guys started calling me 'Nasty,'" said Spencer. "It kind of grew on me a little bit."

The moniker hasn't taken away the butterflies - Spencer is one of five Texans who will make their NFL debuts Sunday.

"There are going to be a lot of emotions flying through this locker room," said Spencer.

Spencer will get a fiery baptism - across the line will be three-time Pro Bowler Jevon Kearse. Quarterback David Carr was sacked 68 times last season, but the Texans allowed only four this preseason, the fewest of any AFC team.

Spencer may be the only rookie on the offensive front, but he's caught up in the lofty expectations the unit is setting for each game.

"Our ultimate goal is no sacks, no pressures and getting as many rushing yards as possible," Spencer said. "I believe that is a very good goal. We're living by that."

Malloy
09-08-2006, 07:03 AM
Nasty indeed!

Now I REALLY want to know who he leveled :)

TEXANRED
09-08-2006, 07:13 AM
Great, now I got that Janet Jackson song stuck in my head.

I don't even know where it came from. I read nasty boy and then boom......there it was.

Doom Capers
09-08-2006, 07:17 AM
Travis Johnson = Big Momma

Malloy
09-08-2006, 07:23 AM

I don't even know where it came from. I read nasty boy and then boom......there it was.

Shaddup, don't mention this, now it's spreading! :)

DocBar
09-08-2006, 08:06 AM
I just hope he doesn't have any wardrobe malfunctions on gameday. THAT would be nasty!!!

CloakNNNdagger
09-08-2006, 08:10 AM
With the help of just a little make up, Winston could probably pass for the other "Nasty" bookend.........we could scare the PGEEEZ out of Philly this Sunday.
http://www.ahajokes.com/cartoon/girlfriend.jpg

Sportsfan
09-08-2006, 08:46 AM
]']what the... take that offff!!! That be hideous!

Agreed.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 08:52 AM
Instead of just "Nasty", he should be called.....THA BIG NASTY! That guy is a whale of a man.:yikes:

El Tejano
09-08-2006, 09:07 AM
You know I was thinking that Spencer should do just fine against Kearse. I mean when it comes to getting off the line because he did have to go against Mario for a while now and reportedly has been holding his own.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 09:09 AM
You know I was thinking that Spencer should do just fine against Kearse. I mean when it comes to getting off the line because he did have to go against Mario for a while now and reportedly has been holding his own.

Doesn't Kearse line up on the left side? Spencer should face Howard the most.:shades:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depthchart.jsp

RiotCommander
09-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Doesn't Kearse line up on the left side? Spencer should face Howard the most.:shades:

http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/depthchart.jsp

I would almost put money on them lining Kearse over Spencer at some point. The rookie at LT is too good an opportunity to just let him have a free pass. If Howard isn't already giving him more then he can handle.

real
09-08-2006, 09:17 AM

Don't expect too many one on one match ups...Kubes knows he is a rookie and will probably have a lot of double TE sets, running backs staying in to help, or chipping the DE's b4 they go out on routes...I think Spencer will be fine...

edo783
09-08-2006, 09:21 AM
With the help of just a little make up, Winston could probably pass for the other "Nasty" bookend.........we could scare the PGEEEZ out of Philly this Sunday.

That's funny! And really very disturbing on several levels.

PhillyFan
09-08-2006, 09:59 AM
Kearse lines up on the left....most of the time.

He rotates around. He plays both end spots for us, as well as the Joker, and in the nickel, he can back out on coverage.

That is why, even if his sack stats arent super impressive since he has been in Philly, he will be resigned at the end of his contract.

He is too versatile a player to let him go.

I cant wait to see our defensive line play more than 1 series, and get some serious pressure....they will be in Carrs head all day.

GoneTexan
09-08-2006, 10:45 AM

Hey RED,

This should be "THE SONG" they play each time our OFFENSE 1st gets on the field! :dancing: This should to fire up our TEXANS and the FANS! :fans:

Let's spread the word and GO TEXANS!

:thumbup

Str8tupg42k1
09-08-2006, 10:46 AM
"it's Mr. Nasty Time!"

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Kearse lines up on the left....most of the time.

He rotates around. He plays both end spots for us, as well as the Joker, and in the nickel, he can back out on coverage.

That is why, even if his sack stats arent super impressive since he has been in Philly, he will be resigned at the end of his contract.

He is too versatile a player to let him go.

I cant wait to see our defensive line play more than 1 series, and get some serious pressure....they will be in Carrs head all day.
Yeah .... like cigarettes to a guy trying to quit .

Divebomb
09-08-2006, 12:05 PM
When they call out David Carrs name they should play "Dude looks like a lady"

michaelm
09-08-2006, 12:39 PM
When they call out David Carrs name they should play "Dude looks like a lady"

Whenever you make a post they should play that song "Dude, there a about a billion other ****ing threads for you to bash Carr in, go find one of them and Bash him there".
Maybe you've heard it before...

...let me put a :) in here so you don't get too mad.

AJExplosion80
09-08-2006, 01:15 PM

That is quite possibly the most disturbing but yet one of the funniest pictures I have seen in awhile. :yahoo:

DBCooper
09-08-2006, 01:35 PM
Instead of just "Nasty", he should be called.....THA BIG NASTY! That guy is a whale of a man.:yikes:

How about "BULL Nasty"!

jmerog
09-08-2006, 02:21 PM
Whenever you make a post they should play that song "Dude, there a about a billion other ****ing threads for you to bash Carr is, go find one of them and Bash him there".
Maybe you've heard it before...

...let me put a :) in here so you don't get too mad.

hahaha. funny:redtowel:

Houston_Fanatic
09-08-2006, 02:45 PM

Ugh. That was the name of our former vice president where I work. And it fit.

Houston_Fanatic
09-08-2006, 02:50 PM
Speaking of nicknames.....

I saw this on another thread and like it.

Our offense should be dubbed the GULF COAST OFFENSE - a cross between the West Coast Offense and Green Bay.
:piano:

TexanFanInCC
09-08-2006, 04:45 PM
]']what the... take that offff!!! That be hideous!

LOL im giving him rep for that! that is great! im laughing my arse off.