PDA

View Full Version : Tough Game to Cheer For

TEXANS84
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
So guys,

FOX doubleheader game 2: Cowgirls vs. Jaguars

I really don't want to cheer for either team, but I guess its going to have to be the Cowgirls in this one considering its against our divisional opponent.

You?

V Man
09-07-2006, 06:49 PM
I voted Jags, not because I want them to win. I want the Cowboys to have a rough start, TO act like TO, the Tuna suspends TO, and TO drifts away and I don't have to hear about him all season.:yahoo:

Snapple
09-07-2006, 06:51 PM
I don't realy see a STRONG need to root against the Jags this year, because I don't think we're going to the playoffs this year, regardless of the Jags' record.

Eh... don't like either team, but I guess the Cowboys. I respect Bledsoe.

flylikeaneagle
09-07-2006, 06:52 PM
Jags of course.

Two teams I root for:

The Eagles who ever plays the Cowgirls.

RiotCommander
09-07-2006, 06:55 PM
I want the Cowgirls to win, and T.O. to have his bell rung. Can I get an amen? :evilb:

texasguy346
09-07-2006, 06:58 PM
Easy I root for a tie, and that TO gets pimped slapped by Bill Parcells on national tv after begging to see the ball more. TO then implodes the Cowboys a year early, and Matt Jones finds a new receiver to model himself after, the one & only TO. What ensues is the destruction of both the Jags & Cowboys. Only kidding...well sort of.

Brandon420tx
09-07-2006, 06:59 PM
I'll take the Jags to win, we can knock them out of the playoffs when we sweep them.

nunusguy
09-07-2006, 07:12 PM
As a Texans fan first and most of all, I will cheer for any team outside our divison playing against one of our division rivals. If one is so caught up in disliking another team as to place those sentiments ahead of a division rival
losing to the benefit of the Texans, they need to check their priorities. Maybe he's not a real Texans fan ?
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend."

Double Barrel
09-07-2006, 07:27 PM
I...just...can't...root...for...the...Cowboys :hmmm: my DNA won't let me!

TMac48
09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't make myself cheer for Jax. I F-ing hate J-ville.

Texan Asylum
09-07-2006, 07:42 PM
No brainer for this Texan...the better our division's records are, the more respect WE get when we beat them...

Corrosion
09-07-2006, 08:04 PM
I voted for the Cowpies .... as much as i Hate Jerrah , they are playin the jags , a division rival ....and to top it off the Cowpies are in the division with the Iggles who's phans im totally sick of . cant wait for week two to get here !

:hunter: :chicken:

Str8tupg42k1
09-07-2006, 08:21 PM
i picked the hags.
my religion doesn't let me go for cowboys.j/k

FILO_girl
09-07-2006, 08:36 PM
Its against my religion to even think of saying I would think about even making any attempt to consider the thought of wanting to back the Jags. It would ruin my street cred.

And I don't like the Cowpiles either. Notta nooooway.

So...

I will watch with enthusiam to see both of them beat up one another.
Its the best I can do. :whip:

afcman
09-07-2006, 10:10 PM
I Hate The Jags!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tulip
09-07-2006, 10:13 PM
I'll just hope in vain that they both lose and will be glad that I won't be home to watch it.

Carr Bombed
09-07-2006, 10:17 PM
I'm sorry I grew up in Houston and everything, but I'm not really getting the dying hate for the Cowboys on this messageboard. Do I like them NNOOO, Do I hate them enough to root for a division rival to beat them....HE*# NOOO!!! The enemy of you enemy is your best friend, I hope the Cowboys wipe the field with the Jags and beat them into the dirt. The cowboys outside of the game we play against the once every four years have absolutely no effecting outcome on what we are trying to do here...so why the hate. I could give a rats .... about the NFC, all I care about is the Titans, Jags, Colts, and the AFC south standings.

FILO_girl
09-07-2006, 10:22 PM
I'm sorry I grew up in Houston and everything, but I'm not really getting the dying hate for the Cowboys on this messageboard. Do I like them NNOOO, Do I hate them enough to root for a division rival to beat them....HE*# NOOO!!! The enemy of you enemy is your best friend, I hope the Cowboys wipe the field with the Jags and beat them into the dirt. The cowboys outside of the game we play against the once every four years have absolutely no effecting outcome on what we are trying to do here...so why the hate. I could give a rats .... about the NFC, all I care about is the Titans, Jags, Colts, and the AFC south standings.

I tried the Lesser of Two Evils philosophy, but still couldn't stomach it.

I have a natural dislike of all things Cowpile.
I have a learned deeply intense dislike of all teams teal from Florida.

Whatsa girl to do.

TexansLucky13
09-07-2006, 10:24 PM
I don't care what game any team wins or loses so long as:

1)The win is not against the Texans
2)The winner is not in our division

It stinks, but I have to take the Cowturds this time. Pun intented.

Carr Bombed
09-07-2006, 10:26 PM

Whatsa girl to do.

Wish that I giant sink hole develops under the field of play and sucks them both straight to hell....:yahoo: umm that works, but until then I will always take a divisional loss over a instate rival

Wolf
09-07-2006, 10:37 PM

come on DB we know you like cowboys

http://www.clinteastwood.net/pix/gallery/large80/clint020.jpg

http://www.clinteastwood.net/welcome.html

FILO_girl
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Wish that I giant sink hole develops under the field of play and sucks them both straight to hell....:yahoo: umm that works, but until then I will always take a divisional loss over a instate rival
LOL!!! :cool:

Trapped
09-08-2006, 10:38 AM
cowgirls. the jags can very well start off 0-4. and i hope they do.

Cowgirls, Steelers, Colts, then REdskins.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 11:20 AM
I don't really give a frogs fat arse who wins. But..if I had to choose it would be the Jags to win because I can't stand the idiots north of us. I don't think we'll be in the running for the division title this year, so let them win. Just as long as we at least split the season against them.:)

Double Barrel
09-08-2006, 11:48 AM
come on DB we know you like cowboys

http://www.clinteastwood.net/pix/gallery/large80/clint020.jpg

http://www.clinteastwood.net/welcome.html

heh-heh, now that's The Cowboy! :cowboy1: but not the Cowboyssss

My reasoning are simple:

1. The Jags will win some games this year (no team will go winless). So why not hope one of those wins is against the Cowboys?

2. It's the Cowboys!

3. With regards to 'division rivals'...I've got to chuckle, because the Texans don't have a true rivalry. We've NEVER contended for a title, and our worst enemy is ourselves right now. We've got to get over the hump of getting our first winning season before even thinking we're one of the big dogs. Rivalries are earned through blood, sweat, and games that matter, not through savvy marketing departments.

4. The three ring circus that is the Dallass Cowboys right now is too much fun to watch, and losing only accelerates the meltdown process. Will the Tuna blow up first? Will TO have a hissy fit? Can Vandercrak earn his spot before the head coach's head explodes?! Stay tuned!

It's all in fun. :tv: No harm intended

Texans Horror
09-08-2006, 11:52 AM
I was raised in West Texas as a Cowpatties fan, so I have to admit that I still cheer for them some, though it is hard to cheer for a team with Vanderjagt and TO playing for them.

infantrycak
09-08-2006, 11:56 AM
3. With regards to 'division rivals'...I've got to chuckle, because the Texans don't have a true rivalry. We've NEVER contended for a title, and our worst enemy is ourselves right now. We've got to get over the hump of getting our first winning season before even thinking we're one of the big dogs. Rivalries are earned through blood, sweat, and games that matter, not through savvy marketing departments.

I disagree with regard to the Jags. They are the one team who we have had repeated success against when we "shouldn't" to the point of taking them out of the playoff hunt in 2004. Their more intelligent fans will quiet other fans predicting blowouts based on the Texans repeatedly playing them hard. Last year may have dulled that but not eliminated it. Plus there have been several bad feelings incidents with a late hit on Carr, levelling JJ late, Henderson crying about his pee pee hurting because the long snapper abused him, etc. A big marker for a rivalry IMO is teams getting up extra to play each other and that has generally been the case with the Hags.

Crap said Carr (oops did it again) now this thread will spiral into oblivion.

michaelm
09-09-2006, 03:03 AM
If one is so caught up in disliking another team as to place those sentiments ahead of a division rival
losing to the benefit of the Texans, they need to check their priorities. Maybe he's not a real Texans fan ?

You aint from around here, are you son? j/k

I understand the rationale, however... I was raised to hate everything Cowcrap, and I'll be damned if I dishonor my family name and pull for that worthless pile of dung that calls itself my (an American) team.

Can't Happen
Won't Happen

I'll just trust the Texans to win the extra game necessary to make up for the Jags win...

HJam72
09-09-2006, 05:05 AM
I'm rooting for LOTS of injuries. :crutch:

Now don't everybody get all bent out of shape just because I'm joking around. My real choice was the Cowboys, but there's only three times I'll ever root for them and they all happen this year. There's also only 4 times I will watch them at all, because I don't support them.

rmartin65
09-09-2006, 08:03 AM
I cant vote for either one. I hate TO, and I really dislike the Jags.

CoachJim
09-09-2006, 08:36 AM

Imma like DB ... Besides, I work with several cowplop fans & I'd love nothing more than to walk into that shop Monday morning screaming at the top of my lungs "How 'bout them cowplops"? ... Long as we sweep the hags, Imma ok with them winning Sunday.

Double Barrel
09-09-2006, 01:26 PM
I disagree with regard to the Jags. They are the one team who we have had repeated success against when we "shouldn't" to the point of taking them out of the playoff hunt in 2004. Their more intelligent fans will quiet other fans predicting blowouts based on the Texans repeatedly playing them hard. Last year may have dulled that but not eliminated it. Plus there have been several bad feelings incidents with a late hit on Carr, levelling JJ late, Henderson crying about his pee pee hurting because the long snapper abused him, etc. A big marker for a rivalry IMO is teams getting up extra to play each other and that has generally been the case with the Hags.

Understand what you're saying, but I guess it's a matter of perspective.

A rivalry [to me] is like the old Oilers / Steelers, where games that mattered were being fought, and outcomes determined that the loser goes home and the winner goes to the promised land. The NFL has a lot of great rivalries - Cowboys/Redskins/Eagles, Broncos/Raiders/Chiefs, Bills/Dolphins/Jets - that my own expectations for a 'rivalry' is higher than just being in the same division.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like Indy, Tenn, or Jax, because they are natural rivals due to being in the same division. But with such a short history with our franchise, and never having played a make-or-break game with any of them (where our future would be determined by the outcome), I guess I just don't have that fire in my belly about these rivalries right now. I want them to will all their games, but I don't have that "I hate them!" feeling about our division opponents like I did for the Steelers, Broncos (late '80's), or Bills (early '90's).

infantrycak
09-09-2006, 01:50 PM
I want them to will all their games, but I don't have that "I hate them!" feeling about our division opponents like I did for the Steelers, Broncos (late '80's), or Bills (early '90's).

I guess I should have qualified that more with developing rivalry. You're right the kind of Cowboys Skins rivalry can't develop in just a few years.

jagibelieve
09-09-2006, 02:32 PM

Whatsa girl to do.
Move to florida!

Just kidding. I voted for... guess who?

JAGUARS!

SheTexan
09-09-2006, 02:50 PM
You aint from around here, are you son? j/k

I understand the rationale, however... I was raised to hate everything Cowcrap, and I'll be damned if I dishonor my family name and pull for that worthless pile of dung that calls itself my (an American) team.

Can't Happen
Won't Happen

I'll just trust the Texans to win the extra game necessary to make up for the Jags win...

Ditto!! Not once in my very long football life have I ever pulled for the "girls" and I definitely will NOT start now!

Texans86
09-09-2006, 03:05 PM
I just can't bring myself to root for a divisional opponent. Besides my roommates are cowboy fans, so I guess I'll side with them this week

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-10-2006, 01:47 AM
Yes have to side with Cowboys, just to stay ahead of the Jags. in the division

Grid
09-10-2006, 03:38 AM
I despise the boys.. but you have to root for them in this game because they are playing a division rival.. and honestly if there is any team that i despise on the same level as the boys..its the jags.

But yah.. you have to support to boys here.. because if they win, the Texans win.

QueDawg1296
09-10-2006, 05:28 AM
The only team in sports you either love or hate.

THA DALLAS COWBOYS AMERICA'S TEAM.

BACK TO THA BOWL YA.... THA SUPER BOWL

:cowboy1:

flylikeaneagle
09-10-2006, 08:46 PM
Cowboys got schooled today. Love it. Bledsoe sucked!!!!!!

TexansLucky13
09-10-2006, 08:47 PM
Cowboys got schooled today. Love it. Bledsoe sucked!!!!!!

Agreed. :jam:

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Yes they did, I wish both could of lost, just casue the Jags are in our division, oh well.......