PDA

View Full Version : ***Official Predictions/Eat Crow thread***

Jerome_Brown_99
09-07-2006, 04:34 PM
I've heard a lot of smack talk from you Houston fans, both here and over at the EMB. Most of it has been pointless drivel based on nothing but pure optimism or some reference to a Denver game from last year.

So here is your chance - make your predictions here, and if you are right, I'll come back and eat my words.

If I'm right however, I'll expect you all to come back and eat your crow.

For the record:

EAGLES WIN, 33 to 17

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-07-2006, 04:35 PM
Eagles 24
Texans 10

TFL
09-07-2006, 04:36 PM
Texans-28
Eagles-14

NEROtheZERO
09-07-2006, 04:39 PM
Eagles - 19
Texans - 10

Jerome_Brown_99
09-07-2006, 04:45 PM
Eagles - 19
Texans - 10

Are yu a Texans fan?

u29
09-07-2006, 04:47 PM
Texans-28
Eagles-14

exactley how i see it...

only reverse...

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-07-2006, 04:48 PM
Texans-28
Eagles-14

Since when did the Texans get 14 points better than the Eagles? A new coach and Mario Williams? I think not.

Snapple
09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Eagles 20
Texans 10

Doug
09-07-2006, 04:49 PM
Texans - 20
Eagles - 17

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
09-07-2006, 04:51 PM
Eagles - 27
Texans - 9

eric138
09-07-2006, 04:55 PM
David Carr - zero sacks with 3 TD passes
Texans Defense - 1 turnover (preferably an interception)
Texans RB's - combined 150 yrds.
Kris Brown - zero misses.

Do this and I am happy win or lose. (I'd rather have a win though)

Double Barrel
09-07-2006, 05:00 PM
Man, as much as I'll be screaming my head off for the Texans and hoping with all my heart and soul that they win this one, I'm still skeptical that we can beat a veteran Eagles team when we're starting five rookies in a new system with a new staff. Our o-line is going to have it's hands full no matter how well they play, and my jury eagerly anticipates the evidence presented that we have a legit NFL QB.

That being said, my predictions:

Realist: Eagles 27 Texans 18

Koolaidist: Texans 24 Eagles 17

houstonhurricane
09-07-2006, 05:02 PM
Eagles 24

Texans 13

However, if we see some improvement on both sides of the ball (solid protection and an effective pass rush), I will be thrilled!

humbleone
09-07-2006, 05:04 PM
[QUOTE=Jerome_Brown_99]I've heard a lot of smack talk from you Houston fans, both here and over at the EMB. Most of it has been pointless drivel based on nothing but pure optimism or some reference to a Denver game from last year.

So here is your chance - make your predictions here, and if you are right, I'll come back and eat my words.

If I'm right however, I'll expect you all to come back and eat your crow.

Well, I'll bet it is really going to hurt when your great team loses to our lousy one this weekend...better buckle up buttercup :hunter:

TNTitan
09-07-2006, 05:05 PM
Eagles 0
Texans 2

on a Mario sack of McNabb in the end zone wins it lol

mike230765
09-07-2006, 05:07 PM
Texans 21

Eagles 20

Nawzer
09-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Starting 5 rookies in critical positions like left tackle, running back, and middle linebacker isn't good. Those guys will make mistakes but it's important for the rest of the team to play better. With that said we have an excellent rookie class whom we will be depending on heavily throughout the season. It's going to be a tough test and Eagles are a good team.

Eagles 17
Texans 10.

I hope wholeheartedly I'm wrong though.

Kaiser Toro
09-07-2006, 05:17 PM
Texans 20
Eagles 17

David Carr does not sack himself or have a turnover and commands a late drive to put Kris Brown in position for a chip shot for the game ending field goal.

If that happens this season will look a lot different than 6-10. All it takes is one spark when you have a support system and a coherent method of operation in place such as Kubiak's.

Corrosion
09-07-2006, 05:22 PM
I think this will be a close , low scoring game , the winner probably will not surpass 17 points . :hides:

flylikeaneagle
09-07-2006, 05:24 PM
Man, as much as I'll be screaming my head off for the Texans and hoping with all my heart and soul that they win this one, I'm still skeptical that we can beat a veteran Eagles team when we're starting five rookies in a new system with a new staff. Our o-line is going to have it's hands full no matter how well they play, and my jury eagerly anticipates the evidence presented that we have a legit NFL QB.

That being said, my predictions:

Realist: Eagles 27 Texans 18

Koolaidist: Texans 24 Eagles 17

Nice! :shades:

Eagles: 24
Texans: 17

Brandon420tx
09-07-2006, 05:26 PM
I stand by my madden score in a previous thread.

AJExplosion80
09-07-2006, 05:38 PM
I say Eagles 14 Texans 10

It goes down to the last 2 minutes of the game and is a good game. I think we have a chance to win but with so many rookies I don't know if we can withstand the eagles veteran leadership.

jdog
09-07-2006, 05:50 PM
Texans 70
Eagles 03

Our second team takes over at the half.

ESPN declares it the year of the mighty Texans and spends the following week playing Texans highlights from the game and discussing their favorite Texans players and plays.

Reggie Bush writes "Wish I was a Texan" on his golden cleats with a Sharpie during a press conference.

Peyton Manning spends 24 hours a day watching Texans film for the next week because he is worried and trying to avoid those scary Mario is coming to get me nightmares that make him wake up in a cold sweat screaming audibles.

TEXANS84
09-07-2006, 06:02 PM
Since when did the Texans get 14 points better than the Eagles? A new coach and Mario Williams? I think not.

Jets 48
Titans 6

powerfuldragon
09-07-2006, 06:18 PM
21 - 17 texans.

axman40
09-07-2006, 06:23 PM
Texans 24
Eagles 20

Over the past 5 years I see the Eagles opening day record is 1-4.
I think Kubes can exploit your defense see last years Denver game where the score was 49-21, now Texans are not as talented as the Broncos YET!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5IXVYdmki0
:logo: :homer: and PROUD of it!

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-07-2006, 06:25 PM

Atleast you admit it :jam:

jmerog
09-07-2006, 06:28 PM
20-17 Texans

Farough
09-07-2006, 06:41 PM
24-10 Eagles. I hate to say it, but it has to be said.

TexansBull
09-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Texans 24
Eagles 20

Over the past 5 years I see the Eagles opening day record is 1-4.
I think Kubes can exploit your defense see last years Denver game where the score was 49-21, now Texans are not as talented as the Broncos YET!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5IXVYdmki0

During the vid 1:46, the Texans score was posted and, so ironic, we won against the browns 19-16. That is obviously a divine sign from a higher being.

19-Texans
16-Eagles

:fans: :homer: We grow stronger everyday.

Texan Asylum
09-07-2006, 06:56 PM
Being a realist...I'm with Kaiser and corrosion on this...

Halftime...Hou-10 Phi-7

Final...Hou-17 Phi-14

The only other option I see is a one sided victory either way...

HoustonFan
09-07-2006, 07:03 PM
Texans will start off better than in the past and have the potential of becoming a high scoring offense.

I'm gonna go with:

Eagles - 24
Texans - 27

DBCooper
09-07-2006, 07:04 PM
24 - 21 Texans!!!

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2006, 07:16 PM
Eagles - 20
Texans - 10

Carr turns the ball over 2 or more times and is sacked 3 or more times. Kubiak starts to have second thoughts about whether or not he can fix this 'Carr'. The defense begins to look like a squad with heart with DeMeco, Smith, and Peek leading the way. Basically our inability to go downfield and convert 3rd down dooms the team to another opening game loss.....

Oh but let me make the lead pipe lock prediction...I predict that the homers on the board come back with a littany of excuses for Carr and his inability to play the QB position.....but I have to admit it didnt take much Nostradamus-like skills to predict that....

OT P.S. OMFG those Rascall Flats dudes are horrible. Was KC and the Sunshine band booked already? Does anyone over 14 actually listen to that type of garbage? It sounded like the group Hanson after puberty...well its just par for the course for pregame and halftime performances....at least Jessica and Britney have other 'assets'

doug ftw

Seņor Stan
09-07-2006, 07:27 PM
:logo: 23-17 Texans.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g67/senorstan/battleredkoolaid.jpg

Dime
09-07-2006, 07:29 PM
Texans 16
Eagles 10

I think this will be a game will be decided with penalties. We will jave more penalites, but I think there will be a game changing penality that will lead to a Texan TD. The only TD of the game. Kris will hit 4 out of 5. Donavan will rally back with a late game TD but on his second rally, his new WR makes a critical drop that could have won the game.

southtexan
09-07-2006, 07:36 PM
Eagles - 20
Texans - 10

Carr turns the ball over 2 or more times and is sacked 3 or more times. Kubiak starts to have second thoughts about whether or not he can fix this 'Carr'. The defense begins to look like a squad with heart with DeMeco, Smith, and Peek leading the way. Basically our inability to go downfield and convert 3rd down dooms the team to another opening game loss.....

Oh but let me make the lead pipe lock prediction...I predict that the homers on the board come back with a littany of excuses for Carr and his inability to play the QB position.....but I have to admit it didnt take much Nostradamus-like skills to predict that....

OT P.S. OMFG those Rascall Flats dudes are horrible. Was KC and the Sunshine band booked already? Does anyone over 14 actually listen to that type of garbage? It sounded like the group Hanson after puberty...well its just par for the course for pregame and halftime performances....at least Jessica and Britney have other 'assets'

doug ftw

Doug, your lack of faith is disturbing.
21-20 Texans, that's my :homer: prediction.

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2006, 08:42 PM

super kudos for the Vader reference and I think 21-20 is a shrewd prediction rather than a :homer: prediction :) I hope your right and we can start off the Kubiak era with a big win.

doug

TexansLucky13
09-07-2006, 08:57 PM
20-17 Texans

:jam:

Agreed.

:homer:

southtexan
09-07-2006, 08:58 PM
super kudos for the Vader reference and I think 21-20 is a shrewd prediction rather than a :homer: prediction :) I hope your right and we can start off the Kubiak era with a big win.

doug
You're right about the homer prediction, I will never cheer for another team. I really don't have a choice.

Wolf
09-07-2006, 08:58 PM
I think that was his most positive post I have seen

southtexan
09-07-2006, 09:03 PM

doug
I guess that you're referring to the guy in star wars, to this day I've never watched any science fiction movie, drama is more up me alley.

Wolf
09-07-2006, 09:06 PM
wow and that is one of Vaders famous line

guess If I have to eat crow, I will crow this

You don't know the power of the Texans side

20-17 Texans

southtexan
09-07-2006, 09:07 PM
I think that was his most positive post I have seen

Football season is here, time to get excited, can't wait till Sunday.

Wolf
09-07-2006, 09:15 PM
it will be bittersweet. I wish I could put a block on the TV though

N.o. plays powerhouse Cleveland... here is to that defense:challenge

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2006, 09:16 PM
Football season is here, time to get excited, can't wait till Sunday.

QFT = Quoted For Truth

Yeah, I am definitely not Mr.Positive around here lately, but I need a big win to get the 2-14 taste out of my mouth. The preseason has shown signs from everyone on the team except Carr, that is the chief reason for my negativity. Personally, I think the guy regressed in the offseason. Especially his release, it has gotten really bad. It's a football not a freakin javelin Carr.

keeping it positive,
Doug

chuckm
09-07-2006, 09:20 PM
QFT = Quoted For Truth

Yeah, I am definitely not Mr.Positive around here lately, but I need a big win to get the 2-14 taste out of my mouth. The preseason has shown signs from everyone on the team except Carr, that is the chief reason for my negativity. Personally, I think the guy regressed in the offseason. Especially his release, it has gotten really bad. It's a football not a freakin javelin Carr.

keeping it positive,
Doug

So let me get this straight ...... you don't like Carr, think he's a failure as an NFL QB, and don't think he'll ever amount to anything ....

I wasn't sure after reading your last 50 posts ....

southtexan
09-07-2006, 09:26 PM
it will be bittersweet. I wish I could put a block on the TV though

N.o. plays powerhouse Cleveland... here is to that defense:challenge

If Bush as a great game and Mario has an average game, I'll probably wont watch ESPN all of next week.

Wolf
09-07-2006, 09:28 PM
If Bush as a great game and Mario has an average game, I'll probably wont watch ESPN all of next week.

honestly I dont' know if it would matter, Espn probably has it taped already and has the cliche's going for El Presidente

Heres to Mario getting a sack and Bush stays out of the endzone :yahoo:

southtexan
09-07-2006, 09:41 PM
honestly I dont' know if it would matter, Espn probably has it taped already and has the cliche's going for El Presidente

Heres to Mario getting a sack and Bush stays out of the endzone :yahoo:
Shaun Salsaberry has a man crush on Bush.

texansfanquecaneh
09-07-2006, 10:37 PM
The Texans will win this game. I see 2 teams on a pendulum going in opposite directions. The Texans already hit rock bottom and are now starting to swing back up. Meanwhile the Eagles had a good deal of success the last few years. But I see them slipping again this year. The conference championship games will be out of reach for them for the next few years anyway. They will still win 6-8 games this year, but no more. They didn't seem to dominate anybody last year, even when they won. I feel this is our best chance at a win in our first 4 games. The Texans will shock people in December, but we'll take our lumps the first few games-except for this one. :redtowel:

Texans 13
Eagles 3

Speedy
09-07-2006, 10:41 PM
Texans 70
Eagles 03

Our second team takes over at the half.

ESPN declares it the year of the mighty Texans and spends the following week playing Texans highlights from the game and discussing their favorite Texans players and plays.

Reggie Bush writes "Wish I was a Texan" on his golden cleats with a Sharpie during a press conference.

Peyton Manning spends 24 hours a day watching Texans film for the next week because he is worried and trying to avoid those scary Mario is coming to get me nightmares that make him wake up in a cold sweat screaming audibles.
I like what you're drinking.

Texans 56
Eagles 0

flylikeaneagle
09-07-2006, 10:50 PM
The Texans will win this game. I see 2 teams on a pendulum going in opposite directions. The Texans already hit rock bottom and are now starting to swing back up. Meanwhile the Eagles had a good deal of success the last few years. But I see them slipping again this year. The conference championship games will be out of reach for them for the next few years anyway. They will still win 6-8 games this year, but no more. They didn't seem to dominate anybody last year, even when they won. I feel this is our best chance at a win in our first 4 games. The Texans will shock people in December, but we'll take our lumps the first few games-except for this one. :redtowel:

Texans 13
Eagles 3

Yeah, you are a Canuck and :pigfly:

Second Honeymoon
09-07-2006, 11:23 PM
So let me get this straight ...... you don't like Carr, think he's a failure as an NFL QB, and don't think he'll ever amount to anything ....

I wasn't sure after reading your last 50 posts ....

Chuck, it is true I have been beating a dead horse lately. I will try and find a new soapbox...who knows, maybe Carr looks like the second coming of Unitas come Sunday and I am forced to eat copious amounts of crow...I sure hope so but I wouldnt hold your breath..

OT that is one cute child as your avatar, hes a darling.

doug ftw

therealdon
09-07-2006, 11:51 PM
Texans 17
Eagles 13

texansfanquecaneh
09-08-2006, 12:18 AM
Yeah, you are a Canuck and :pigfly:

I've followed football since the Baltimore Colts won Super Bowl V against the Cowboys. The era of team dynasties is over. Your window of opportunity is gone. You had your chance against the Patriots 2 years ago and you lost-get over it. Peyton Manning's window of opportunity is shrinking now. The Colts are still a force but TIME moves on. No team in any sport will be a powerhouse forever.
Yes, I'm Canadian and I'll cheer for my team-the Texans. We can cheer for whoever we want up here, I've met fans of every team except Jacksonville, Cincinnati and Philadelphia. The Flyers have fans up here but not the Eagles. Strange, especially considering that the other NFC East teams have lots of support.

Dawkins
09-08-2006, 01:07 AM

Texans 13
Eagles 3

Yeah, because Donovan McNabb isn't just hitting his prime or anything. We didn't just acquire a very young and promising receiver in Stallworth, we don't have another young promising receiver in Reggie Brown... we didn't just retool both offensive and defensive lines and improved them dramatically, we are so obviously on the decline! We don't have awesome special teams or a kicker that is second only to Vinatieri in this league. Puhleeese... Don't be such a homer that you're blind to the fact that your team, while improved, is going to lose this Sunday. The Texans are just overmatched in just about every category and it will show on the field.

That's my belief, now there's always the cliche "Any given Sunday" and that's true as well, so none of us really knows. I just take issue with your "assessment" of the Eagles. They are far from on the downside.

Eagles: 24
Texans 14 - That's being generous.

skillz24
09-08-2006, 01:37 AM
texans 17
eagles 16

it will be in part to some superb special teams play in the end too

Brandon420tx
09-08-2006, 01:40 AM
Texans 210
Eagles 11 <-- you got the 2 point conversion, lucky you.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 02:31 AM

Texans 13
Eagles 3

:yawn:

Remember this:

The Eagles have the best QB in the NFC, and a top 3-4 guy (depending on if you like Palmer better) in the NFL.

We also have the best combination of OL&DL in the NFL. We still have a secondary that features a HOF safety, and 2 pro-bowlers. The 4th guy, Sheldon Brown, is a top 10 CB in the NFL.

This is also our best set of skill players we've had, excluding 2004. And even then, our RB and TE situation is better then in 04.

You look at what actual coaches around the NFC say (not stupid ESPN hacks) and ALL of the coaches say the same thing: Philly is the best team in the NFCE, which in turn is the best division in the NFL.

We were winning NFCE titles and going to the NFCCG with James Thrash as our Z reciever, and Todd Pinkston at X with no Westbrook, no LJ Smith, and no Correll Buckhalter.

In addition to all of that, we have a brighter future then almost any team in the NFL. We have had 2 drafts back to back that most people considerto be the best in the NFL. We have all but 2 starters (M. Lewis, Stallworth) signed long term. We also have replacements for nearly ever old player already on our roster.

You can talk about last year as a down year all you want. But any rational thought would quickly conclude that losing 3 of your top 6 Olineman, an all-pro QB, both starting WRs, a pro-bowl RB, an all-pro CB, a starting DE, and numerous backups would quickly sink any tea - be they the 85 bears or the unbeaten Dolphins.

No sir, we suffered a terrible misfortune of injury, but that does not extend to this year. I'd put only 2 teams in the NFC ahead of us: The Panthers and the Seahawks.

This is a game that the Eagles will dominate. It's also a year in which the Eagles will be a force, as they have been since the year 2000.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 03:09 AM
I've followed football since the Baltimore Colts won Super Bowl V against the Cowboys. The era of team dynasties is over. Your window of opportunity is gone. You had your chance against the Patriots 2 years ago and you lost-get over it. Peyton Manning's window of opportunity is shrinking now. The Colts are still a force but TIME moves on. No team in any sport will be a powerhouse forever.
Yes, I'm Canadian and I'll cheer for my team-the Texans. We can cheer for whoever we want up here, I've met fans of every team except Jacksonville, Cincinnati and Philadelphia. The Flyers have fans up here but not the Eagles. Strange, especially considering that the other NFC East teams have lots of support.

This whole "window is shut" is COMPLETE BS.

just look at our lineup, player, age, signed through:

QB - McNabb - 30 - 2010
RB - Westbrook - 27 - 2010
FB - Tapeh - 25 - 2008
WR - Brown - 24 - 2009
WR - Stallworth 25 - year
TE - Smith - 25 - 2007
RT - Runyan - 33 - 2008
RG - Andrews - 23 - 2015
OC - Jackson - 25 - 2013
LG - Herremans - 23 - 2008
LT - Thomas - 32 - 2008

DE - Kearse - 30 - 2009
DT -Patterson - 23 - 2009
DT - Bunkley - 22 - 2011
DE - Howard - 30 - 2011
LB - Jones - 28 - 2008
LB - Trotter - 29 - 2009
LB - McCoy - 22 - 2009
CB - Brown - 26 - 2012
CB - Sheppard - 24 - 2011
SS - Lewis - 25 - 2006
FS - Dawkins - 33 - 2008

Now, look at that list. Nearly every player we have is signed long term. Not only thatm but the team is actually very young.

McNabb has at least 3 good years left, and he's the only guy that can single handidly bring us down.

We already have replacements on our roster for the following old players (with replacement next to name)

RT - Runyan (either Andrews or Herremans takes his spot, with Jean-Gilles at OG)
LT - Thomas (Winston Justice)
DE - Howard/Kearse (Cole - we need one more DE in the draft in the next 2 years)
LB - Jones (Gocong)

That leaves the Eagles with Dawkins to replace within 2 years (clearly a biggy), Trotter iwithin 2 years, one DE within 2 or 3 years, and that's really it.

This of course doesn't even mention the many very talented young players that don't start that I haven't mentioned, like Rayburn, Moats, Considine, Avant, Young, Baskett, Ramsey, etc.

Now, add to that the fact that the Eagles will most likely have the most cap room in the NFL next season, and it's pretty stupid to say our window has shut.

The Eagles are built for the long haul under Heckert, Reid, and Banner. We NEVER sacrifice the future. Ever. That's how the Eagles have been so good over the years. We sign all o our young players long term, and we have the single best cap manager in the NFL, which means we are ALWAYS in the top 5 in cap space.

We have VERY few weaknesses. The vast majority of the team is signed long term. Most older players already have replacements. We have the cap room to sign any player we want. And we draft better then all but a handfull of teams in the NFL.

This team will be a playoff team untill Reid and Banner leave.

beerlover
09-08-2006, 03:13 AM
predictions are futile, lets just strap it on & see who is the best team this coming Sunday. I'll take no shame if the Texans fall short the Eagles have to still be considered an elite NFC team, the thing we hope the Texans have the edge at is home field advanatage, don't forget the all important cheerleaders too and this Denver style offense. Last I checked in 05 the Eagles lost to the Broncos 49-21 :whip:

allez_aigles
09-08-2006, 08:10 AM
Been on this board during the week and feel it is only fair if I give a prediction.

First off for Eagles fans - Andy Reid doesn't have a lot of 1st game success over his tenure. Each time it is something different but it I can't rule out a close game.

I am not sure that Houston has enough of their offense in yet to make sufficient adjustment to take advantage of weakness they will find in the Eagles defense.

Also - and yes it is a prediction - I see the Eagles scoring on their first offensive drive. Hey they have a history of coming out strong, then going mush in the second quarter and coming back to life at the end of the 3rd and looking strong in the 4th.

Eagles - 23
Texans - 10

cdastros
09-08-2006, 08:11 AM
Eagles - 34
Texans - 30

David Carr has a bad first half, but the Texans will make adjustments and make it close. Mcnabb will score a touchdown at the end to pull out the win.

Mr. White
09-08-2006, 08:26 AM
Texans 13
Eagles 7

I don't think either offense will find much success in the passing game.

Chad Stanley gets the game ball.

PhillyFan
09-08-2006, 08:28 AM
Eagles 31

Texans 12

What sucks...is that the line has jumped from 3.5 2 weeks ago (when I bet it) up to 6 as of last night.

I hate 6...bad number

real
09-08-2006, 08:29 AM
Texans--28
Eagles--21

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 08:32 AM
Changing my prediction.

24-10 Eagles!

Kaiser Toro
09-08-2006, 08:54 AM
Eagles 31

Texans 12

What sucks...is that the line has jumped from 3.5 2 weeks ago (when I bet it) up to 6 as of last night.

I hate 6...bad number

Love that East Coast money pushing that number up. I would be surprised if it does not settle to 5.5 though.

TreachX
09-08-2006, 09:16 AM
Last I checked in 05 the Eagles lost to the Broncos 49-21

This would be relevant if the Eagles were playing the 2005 Broncos. But they aren't.

Other things that have no real bearing on this game:

- Andy Reid's record in season opening games. It's not good, but the two wins he does have were BIG wins.

- The teams' respective records last year. Last year is over.

Things that do have a bearing on the game:

- The talent levels of the two teams. And Texans fans, I hate to break it to you, but the Eagles are definitely ahead here.

Eagles have clear edge at QB, OL, DL, and the secondary.

I'd give the Eagles a slight advantage at RB, and yes, we all know that Westbrook is injury prone. But that has no bearing on this game.

LB seems about even.

The only position where the Texans appear to have an edge is WR, and even that, based on last year's numbers is not huge.

Kubiak may turn out to be a good coach. He comes from a successful team in Denver. However, the edge in coaching has to go to the Eagles, as their coaches have won division titles and been to a Super Bowl, plus the team should be more familiar with all the schemes.

With all that taken into account, I see a final score of:

Eagles 27, Texans 13

jdog
09-08-2006, 09:26 AM
:yawn:

Remember this:

The Eagles have the best QB in the NFC, and a top 3-4 guy (depending on if you like Palmer better) in the NFL.

We also have the best combination of OL&DL in the NFL. We still have a secondary that features a HOF safety, and 2 pro-bowlers. The 4th guy, Sheldon Brown, is a top 10 CB in the NFL.

This is also our best set of skill players we've had, excluding 2004. And even then, our RB and TE situation is better then in 04.

You look at what actual coaches around the NFC say (not stupid ESPN hacks) and ALL of the coaches say the same thing: Philly is the best team in the NFCE, which in turn is the best division in the NFL.

We were winning NFCE titles and going to the NFCCG with James Thrash as our Z reciever, and Todd Pinkston at X with no Westbrook, no LJ Smith, and no Correll Buckhalter.

In addition to all of that, we have a brighter future then almost any team in the NFL. We have had 2 drafts back to back that most people considerto be the best in the NFL. We have all but 2 starters (M. Lewis, Stallworth) signed long term. We also have replacements for nearly ever old player already on our roster.

You can talk about last year as a down year all you want. But any rational thought would quickly conclude that losing 3 of your top 6 Olineman, an all-pro QB, both starting WRs, a pro-bowl RB, an all-pro CB, a starting DE, and numerous backups would quickly sink any tea - be they the 85 bears or the unbeaten Dolphins.

No sir, we suffered a terrible misfortune of injury, but that does not extend to this year. I'd put only 2 teams in the NFC ahead of us: The Panthers and the Seahawks.

This is a game that the Eagles will dominate. It's also a year in which the Eagles will be a force, as they have been since the year 2000.

The NFC East is not the best. It is maybe the most competitive. All four teams in the division seem fairly equal, but I have not heard anyone claiming the Eagles are the best in the division. I hear people say the Eagles will surprise which is completely different.

TheOgre
09-08-2006, 09:30 AM
Bad weekend for me:

OSU 30, Texas 24

Philly 27, Texans 20

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 09:35 AM
The NFC East is not the best. It is maybe the most competitive. All four teams in the division seem fairly equal, but I have not heard anyone claiming the Eagles are the best in the division. I hear people say the Eagles will surprise which is completely different.

I ahve been hearing a lot from people picking the Eagles to re-claim the NFC East and are the best. They are not equal to any of those teams. I guess we will get a better picture on the 17th when we play the Giants but the Giants defense looks pretty weak. The Redskins will suck. The Cowboys are over-rated on Offense but their D looks good.

real
09-08-2006, 09:41 AM
I ahve been hearing a lot from people picking the Eagles to re-claim the NFC East and are the best. They are not equal to any of those teams. I guess we will get a better picture on the 17th when we play the Giants but the Giants defense looks pretty weak. The Redskins will suck. The Cowboys are over-rated on Offense but their D looks good.

I don't know how highly rated the "experts" have the Cowboys O...but It looked darn good to me this pre-season minus T.O....

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 09:44 AM
I don't know how highly rated the "experts" have the Cowboys O...but It looked darn good to me this pre-season minus T.O....

Their old and they will break down. People think that just because they have Owens that they will be unstoppable but Owens did play for the Niners and they were stoppable. That offense will crumble.... just wait and see.

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 09:47 AM
:homer: Texans 16 Eagles 13

Carr sacked three times ... while Mcnabb gets sacked four times and fumbles one his own 20yd line .

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 09:48 AM
:homer: Texans 16 Eagles 13

Carr sacked three times ... while Mcnabb gets sacked four times and fumbles one his own 20yd line .

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HOMER and a DREAMER for sure.

PhillyFan
09-08-2006, 09:54 AM

In the last 2 weeks, I have seen the Eagles go from being the bastard stepchild of the NFC East, to several analysts picking them to be the NFC Champion come January.

This...after all offseason of having us at 20-23 in their power rankings, and picking us to finish dead last in the NFC East.

PhillyFan
09-08-2006, 09:55 AM
Their old and they will break down. People think that just because they have Owens that they will be unstoppable but Owens did play for the Niners and they were stoppable. That offense will crumble.... just wait and see.

The Eagles have stopped Owens every time they have played against him.

JJ has his number.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 09:57 AM
In the last 2 weeks, I have seen the Eagles go from being the bastard stepchild of the NFC East, to several analysts picking them to be the NFC Champion come January.

This...after all offseason of having us at 20-23 in their power rankings, and picking us to finish dead last in the NFC East.

Why wouldn't they? They go by last years records during the offseason. They're too stupid and lazy to actually do some research to validate thier rankings. Good luck come Sunday. It's going to be a tough one for us.:)

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 10:21 AM
Why wouldn't they? They go by last years records during the offseason. They're too stupid and lazy to actually do some research to validate thier rankings. Good luck come Sunday. It's going to be a tough one for us.:)

Think of Sunday as a stepping stone no matter what happens.

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 10:27 AM
The biggest advantage that we have is , we 've changed so much its hard to prepair for . Carr may come out running the option ... there is no film on the new Texans except for pre-season ( who tips their hand in pre-season ).

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 10:29 AM
Think of Sunday as a stepping stone no matter what happens.

We'll see. If we aren't hitting on all cylinders, it might look scary. I think we'll get there eventually.I just hope it doesn't take forever for our team to get it going.

Hottoddie
09-08-2006, 10:37 AM
Texans 35
Eagles 10

EaglesFanPhila
09-08-2006, 10:41 AM
Eagles 40
Texans 2 - on a lucky safety
:homer:

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 10:53 AM
I hope it was Mario with a sack so they'll show on Reggie vision .

NEROtheZERO
09-08-2006, 12:31 PM
Are yu a Texans fan?
Yes

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 12:43 PM
Might increase my prediction with the Eagles winning by a wider gap. The more I think about the Eagles D, the more I think it will be a win by more that 15 points.

michaelm
09-08-2006, 12:53 PM
...The era of team dynasties is over...

I guess it ended in January when the Patriots didn't win the Superbowl?

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 12:55 PM
I guess it ended in January when the Patriots didn't win the Superbowl?

It does not have to run consecutively. They will be back there this year.

U4ikrob
09-08-2006, 12:59 PM
Texans 20
Eagles 17

I think you will see a lot of defensive battles in this game and a lot of 3 and outs by both offenses. In the end I think it could go either way, but I'm picking the good guys to come out strong with a win for Coach K.

michaelm
09-08-2006, 01:02 PM
It does not have to run consecutively. They will be back there this year.

Yeah, I was kinda sarcastically pointing out that we have recently seen one of the better dynasty teams in NFL history...

Maybe a better response would have been something Junglesque (as in Jim Rome)...

...The era of team dynasties is over...
"...signed, the New England Patriots"

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 01:04 PM
Texans 20
Eagles 17

I think you will see a lot of defensive battles in this game and a lot of 3 and outs by both offenses. In the end I think it could go either way, but I'm picking the good guys to come out strong with a win for Coach K.

Good guys? We are the good guys, you guys are the bad guys. LOL! :shades:

A healthy McNabb = high scoring offense in this game.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 01:12 PM

Both the Redskins and Giants head coaches have said we were the team to beat.

Thats because unlike half twit fans, they have a clue. They understand that WRs don't win football games - QB and line play does, and the Eagles CLEARLY are among the strongest teams in the NFL at all 3 areas.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 01:17 PM
The Eagles have stopped Owens every time they have played against him.

JJ has his number.

It's not just Owens - JJ simply shuts down elite WRs. I mean, Randy Moss does NOTHING against us too.

swtbound07
09-08-2006, 01:19 PM
The Eagles will lose 27-17..Long live the TEXANS

Chato
09-08-2006, 01:29 PM
Texans 19

Eagles 17

UT 23

OSU 20

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 01:34 PM
Both the Redskins and Giants head coaches have said we were the team to beat.

Thats because unlike half twit fans, they have a clue. They understand that WRs don't win football games - QB and line play does, and the Eagles CLEARLY are among the strongest teams in the NFL at all 3 areas.
You missing the meaning of the statement . They meant that if they had a homecoming game ... they would schedule Philly cause your the team they're going to beat .

This like Bush saying no new taxes . When in fact he meant know new taxes .

jdog
09-08-2006, 01:44 PM
Unlike you, coaches, and other non half wits, I am not sure what wins football games other than points, but I do know what will not win football games. CLEARLY, it is the Eagles.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 01:58 PM
You missing the meaning of the statement . They meant that if they had a homecoming game ... they would schedule Philly cause your the team they're going to beat .

This like Bush saying no new taxes . When in fact he meant know new taxes .

:ok:

1 injury riddled season after 5 straight playoff births, 4 NFCCGs, and 1 SB, and suddenly everyone WANTS to play the Eagles and their all-pro QB and dominating defense...

Sure buddy - whatever will get you to sunday.

Mr. White
09-08-2006, 02:00 PM

1 injury riddled season after 5 straight playoff births, 4 NFCCGs, and 1 SB, and suddenly everyone WANTS to play the Eagles and their all-pro QB and dominating defense...

I know how it is JB. The Texans had an "injury-riddled" season too last year.

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 02:17 PM
I know how it is JB. The Texans had an "injury-riddled" season too last year.

Nothing even close to ours. Was Carr out for the season? Was a couple of your starting offensive lineman out last year? Oh wait..............

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 02:20 PM
[QUOTE=flylikeaneagle]Nothing even close to ours. Was Carr out for the season? Was a couple of your starting offensive lineman out last year? Oh wait..............
QUOTE]

Does mentally out for the season count?:shoot:

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 02:26 PM
[QUOTE=flylikeaneagle]Nothing even close to ours. Was Carr out for the season? Was a couple of your starting offensive lineman out last year? Oh wait..............
QUOTE]

Does mentally out for the season count?:shoot:

True... you got me there. LMAO!!!!!!!!

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 02:44 PM

Hope you enjoyed it ... I mean did you really take the time and smell the roses or did you just think it would last forever . You have let Dallas and NY pass you up .

Is it called defection when a team from another state visits and refuses to go back ?

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey you philly fans ... how good are the other two LBs at Penn State ? We are not going to draft high enough to get Paul P.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 03:04 PM
[QUOTE=Honoring Earl 34]Hope you enjoyed it ... I mean did you really take the time and smell the roses or did you just think it would last forever . You have let Dallas and NY pass you up .QUOTE]

Dallas? :yawn:

"ZOMG THEY GOT TAREL OWENZ!!!!!11!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!"

What really, do they have?

An old QB that can't move. No replacement in sight.

2 old WRs, with no replacements, 1 of which is the biggest cancer in the history of the sport.

An OL that rivals the Texans in ineptitude.

They have a good defense, and that's it.

The Giants are a good team, and will give us a run for our money, but they have some serious flaws as well. Terrible DBs, no DTs, completely over rated LBs, poor LT play, etc.

Philly is still the best team in the NFCE.

And yes, their success will last a long time - like I said, untill Banner, Heckert, and Reid leave.

As long as we have those 3 guys, we'll be a force.

HOU-TEX
09-08-2006, 03:09 PM
Philly is still the best team in the NFCE.

And yes, their success will last a long time - like I said, untill Banner, Heckert, and Reid leave.

As long as we have those 3 guys, we'll be a force.

Well if ol Andy keeps choking down them burgers and shakes, it might not be that long.:sumo:

Just messing with ya.

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 03:52 PM
[QUOTE=Jerome_Brown_99][QUOTE=Honoring Earl 34]Hope you enjoyed it ... I mean did you really take the time and smell the roses or did you just think it would last forever . You have let Dallas and NY pass you up .QUOTE]

Dallas? :yawn:

"ZOMG THEY GOT TAREL OWENZ!!!!!11!!!!!!1111!!!!!!!"

:yikes: Yeah and TO's already told Parcells ya'lls playbook . You know hernia to the left , hernia to the right .

EaglesFanPhila
09-08-2006, 03:53 PM
SONG!!

Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory
Fight Eagles Fight
Score a touchdown 1 2 3
Hit 'em low
Hit 'em high
And watch our Eagles fly
Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory!!!!!!!!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]

Honoring Earl 34
09-08-2006, 04:14 PM
SONG!!

Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory
Fight Eagles Fight
Score a touchdown 1 2 3
Hit 'em low
Hit 'em high
And watch our Eagles fly
Fly Eagles Fly
On the road to victory!!!!!!!!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!![/B]
Hey ya'll should come down for the game ... I hear Elton John's gonna sing Philadalphia Freedom at half time . I think he represents ya'll well .

Texanfan4ever
09-08-2006, 04:16 PM
"I love the smell of grilled eagle in the morning. It smells like victory. "

Kaiser, THAT is phenomenol! (SP) Okay, so I can't spell, but I do love "grilled" eagle!!!!

Battle Red Flash
09-08-2006, 04:22 PM
Defensive stuggle.
Texans 17, Eagles 16.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 04:29 PM
:yikes: Yeah and TO's already told Parcells ya'lls playbook . You know hernia to the left , hernia to the right .

If you really think we are running the same plays, with 2 new starting WRs, a new starting center, a new FB, and a new LG (since he was suspended) you don't know much about Reid.

We litterally changed our whole offense in 2004 to suit Owens and keep his mouth shut.

Now that he's gone, we'll go back to the 2003 version, which if you look scored just as many points without Owens, and was one of the best RUSHING teams in the NFL.

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 05:08 PM
Eagles by 7. The rest of the talking heads agreed on 610.

Talking heads are crazy.... do not listen to them. Sunday is coming up fast and let's have a great time. Hope everyone has a safe weekend. See y'all at the game!!!!!

threetoedpete
09-08-2006, 05:10 PM
Texans 34 -Eagles 17.

flylikeaneagle
09-08-2006, 05:15 PM
Widening the gap from my last pick:

Eagles win! 27-10

Eagles take some of the starters out towards the end of the 4th quarter and the Texans score a TD on that.

Wolf
09-08-2006, 05:28 PM
Nothing even close to ours. Was Carr out for the season? Was a couple of your starting offensive lineman out last year? Oh wait..............

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no but we had a coaching staff that was out for the season

buddyboy
09-08-2006, 05:31 PM
20-17 texans.

if we lose, eh, philly is a good team. that's what u philly fans should worry about, if you win, well, it was a better team beating the former last place team. if you lose....heh. well if you lose, you just lost to the team that the media thinks is dirt. which makes you....

lower than dirt. so if we lose, no harm no foul, texans imo are just not on the eagles' level yet. we have nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

GO TEXANS!

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 05:44 PM
I'm just going to say this so you guys aren't too dissapointed after you lose on Sunday:

The Texans have no chance in this game. None. Zero. Zilch. Nada.

It won't even be a competative game. The Eagles will win by at least 13+ points, and the score won't even reflect the butt kicking the Texans will have recieved. The Eagles have the advantage in every aspect of the game, from STs, to line play, to QBing, to WRs vs DBs.

Have fun, but don't get your hopes up for a win, cause it aint gunna happen.

TFL
09-08-2006, 06:10 PM
I'm just going to say this so you guys aren't too dissapointed after you lose on Sunday:

It won't even be a competative game. The Eagles will win by at least 13+ points, and the score won't even reflect the butt kicking the Texans will have recieved. The Eagles have the advantage in every aspect of the game, from STs, to line play, to QBing, to WRs vs DBs.

How can you say we have no chance remeber any giving sunday. Plus i don't think your WR's are better then our WR's I think ours blows your out of the water, and how do you know that you have better players this is a whole new year with alot of different players.

axman40
09-08-2006, 06:10 PM

Thank you Dionne Warwick, and kindly take your crystal ball and stick it where the sun does not shine!

:fortune:
:cowboy1:

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 06:24 PM
How can you say we have no chance remeber any giving sunday. Plus i don't think your WR's are better then our WR's I think ours blows your out of the water, and how do you know that you have better players this is a whole new year with alot of different players.

It's called talking ***** son.

1st, our WRs are just as god as yours. Moulds is completely over rated on this board. The guy just isn't the same player he once was.

DS and Brown > AJ and Moulds - even though AJ is the best player of the 4.

Besides, do our WRs lineup against your WRs? No, they go against your DBs, and we OWN that matchup, just like our DBs OWN the matchup against your recievers.

The Texans are guna get KILLED come sunday. It's gunna be ugly. Carr is going to need a stretcher before the first half. That patheti OL is going to get him killed.

Wolf
09-08-2006, 06:26 PM
does moulds have to be? all he has to do is compliment AJ

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 06:27 PM
Thank you Dionne Warwick, and kindly take your crystal ball and stick it where the sun does not shine!

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

Ignorance is bliss, particularly if you are a Texans fan. Hey, at least Carr will have a ton of time to study the new offense after he ends up on IR. That way, some other lame excuse for a QB ca get killed for the next 15 games.

BTW, Brady Quinn would probably be a good choice with the first pick in the draft next year. He's way better then Carr.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 06:28 PM
does moulds have to be? all he has to do is compliment AJ

He has to be if you want to claim your WRs are better then ours. We have 2 reay good ones.

You have 1 great one and one who's mediocre.

run-david-run
09-08-2006, 06:54 PM
Wow, I really cant wait for the weekend....victory parties on saturday AND sunday night sounds prett good...

Go Texans
Hook 'em Horns

Wolf
09-08-2006, 06:56 PM
He has to be if you want to claim your WRs are better then ours. We have 2 reay good ones.

You have 1 great one and one who's mediocre.

I can't argue, being I dont' see much of Brown and Stallworth.. but i expect Stallworth to be "limited" due to inexperience with the playbook (at least I hope)

but compared to our DB..Drob should neutralize one of your receivers

Jerome_Brown_99
09-08-2006, 07:24 PM
I can't argue, being I dont' see much of Brown and Stallworth.. but i expect Stallworth to be "limited" due to inexperience with the playbook (at least I hope)

but compared to our DB..Drob should neutralize one of your receivers

Dunta's a good player. He'll be able to negate one of them for the most part.

The problem is because of how we use LJ and Westbrook, the other CB is going to be left on an island (otherwise you are singling up on Smith and Westbrook, and they will simply burn you if you do that). That's a huge missmatch in our favor.

BTW, DS will be starting, and he'l get a lot of PT. We may have just picked him up, but he's played in the WCO before, knows most of the terminology, and is playing the X WR position, which uses limited pass routes any way. He'll run a bunch of fly patters, deep posts/outs etc, and probably have a WR screen or two thrown his way.

TFL
09-08-2006, 07:25 PM

1st, our WRs are just as god as yours. Moulds is completely over rated on this board. The guy just isn't the same player he once was.

Besides, do our WRs lineup against your WRs? No, they go against your DBs, and we OWN that matchup, just like our DBs OWN the matchup against your recievers.

The Texans are guna get KILLED come sunday. It's gunna be ugly. Carr is going to need a stretcher before the first half. That patheti OL is going to get him killed.

I know what **** talking is, but you are not doing a good job at it. Let's see if you will be here after the game to eat your crow. If we lose I will eat crow, but I don't think the same can be said for you I don't think your WR's really scare are DB's. You got a guy that is really fast in Donte, but he has not been there for that long so i don't think he will be that big of a force for this game, and his hands are not the best, and i think we can handle Reggie Brown, and I also think that Westbrook will be held. Your DB's are good, but Moulds looks like he still has some gas in the tank, and Andre can dominate if giving the opportunity (no dump off passes)
The OL has some knew faces to it and our Coaching staff is a hell of alot better then it was last year. This is not the same team as last year I don't think we will get blown out I think it will be a close game, but I do not count us out of this game.

HJam72
09-08-2006, 09:19 PM
Don't wanna be rude to the visiting fans, so I gotta be a realist:

Texans: 56

Iggles: 3

:yahoo: :redtowel: :yahoo:

GrandPa
09-08-2006, 09:53 PM
Eagles 33
Texans 10

DBCooper
09-08-2006, 10:03 PM

Wow! I see someone who may be crying on Sunday.

TD
09-08-2006, 10:05 PM

Ignorance is bliss, particularly if you are a Texans fan. Hey, at least Carr will have a ton of time to study the new offense after he ends up on IR. That way, some other lame excuse for a QB ca get killed for the next 15 games.

My prediction....If Houston wins, we won't see you post here again.

Bye-Bye.

Houston 23 Philly 20

BigDTexansFan
09-08-2006, 10:29 PM
:brickwall Since when did the Texans get 14 points better than the Eagles? A new coach and Mario Williams? I think not.

why don't you thumbtacks worry about your rookie QB's interceptions and passes batted down for lousy throwing motion. I would think would keep you up nights knowing your idiot owner wants Vince to start this Sunday and every Sunday after:crutch:

BigDTexansFan
09-08-2006, 10:32 PM

BTW, Brady Quinn would probably be a good choice with the first pick in the draft next year. He's way better then Carr.

is that who Eagles drafting after they get #1 pick in 2007...boy what till I tell my friends. Eagles taking Brady Quinn with #1 pick:yahoo:

Texanfan4ever
09-08-2006, 10:33 PM
Hey, it's a scary place to come play us. We have beat teams over the years that should have swamped us. That only means that our guys are the best and have just never had the coach to get them there.

So, all I have to say to anyone looking to think those Eaglets are going to beat us, I hope you have brought your triple A game, cuz you are coming to our home. I'm not sure what we should call it yet, but as we bury you all, as you come, we will come up with a name. Get ready! You are now meeting with the HOUSTON TEXANS!!!!!!!:cowboy1:

BigDTexansFan
09-08-2006, 10:33 PM

S-P-E-L-L-C-H-E-C-K-E-R:rolleyes:

BigDTexansFan
09-08-2006, 10:41 PM

You know you sound just like the Dallas Cowboys fans in 2002, they said same $H-T, talked all arrogant and obnoxious just like you are. Funny thing is some of them have finally come out of witness relocation, so guess is your turn to go into hiding with Feds. Don't woirry Feds got ESPN so you can watch the replays of this game over and over until your little backside puckers from watching what happened to your Eagles (an Eagle if you do not know is referred to a scavenger of dead animals..it will not attack live animals out of FEAR) BTW here is what is said of an Eagle's cry....Eagles normally squeak and have a shrill cry, punctuated by grunts. They do not make the "eagle scream" as often shown on television. What many recognize as the call of this species is actually the call of a Red-tailed hawk dubbed into the film.:tease:

Texas_Heat
09-08-2006, 10:55 PM
David Carr:superman: leads the
Texans to a 24-20 win.

axman40
09-09-2006, 10:06 AM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=h72uggsRVxU
Nice video JB!

:play:

Jerome_Brown_99
09-09-2006, 10:43 AM
If we lose I will eat crow, but I don't think the same can be said for you I don't think your WR's really scare are DB's. You got a guy that is really fast in Donte, but he has not been there for that long so i don't think he will be that big of a force for this game, and his hands are not the best, and i think we can handle Reggie Brown, and I also think that Westbrook will be held. Your DB's are good, but Moulds looks like he still has some gas in the tank, and Andre can dominate if giving the opportunity (no dump off passes)
The OL has some knew faces to it and our Coaching staff is a hell of alot better then it was last year. This is not the same team as last year I don't think we will get blown out I think it will be a close game, but I do not count us out of this game.

I was the person that started this thread. I'm watching the game at a friends house with some other buddies of mine, so don't expect me to be on here as soon as it ends. That said, I'll be here sunday night to gloat about how badly we beat you.

As I said already, Donte' already has played in the West Coast Offense. He already knows the terminology - the problems come from guy who've never been in it before. He also plays the very simple X reciever position, which only requires him to run about a half dozen routes.

Put it this way, the day he came here he siad he already knew 60% of the play book, he's been working with McNabb long after practice every day to get the timing down, he has an abreviated playbook to learn for this game according to Reid, and he has already been named the starter for Sunday. He's ready to go. Discount him at your own risk. And BTW, I really don't think that AJ is THAT much better then Donte'. He's bigger and has better hands. Donte is faster, quicker, and is better after the catch. And Brown is way better then Moulds at this point.

Plus I just love how you just assume your pathetic excuse for a #2 CB is just going to "handle" Reggie Brown when the likes of Sean Springs couldn't handle him - and that was with McMahon throwing the rock.

And Westy? Please. There is only 1 guy on your team that can cover him, and his name is Dunta Robinson. Basically, unless you have a cloaning machine, your going to get lit up in the passing game.

Again, please excuse me if AJ doesn't scare me at all. We dominated Randy Moss with Culpepper lobbing him the ball, and TO with a pro-bowl Garcia. Carr to AJ is a walk in the park compared to other guys we have shut down.

You have no chance in this game, the Texans are simply over matched in every facet of the game.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-09-2006, 10:49 AM
You know you sound just like the Dallas Cowboys fans in 2002, they said same $H-T, talked all arrogant and obnoxious just like you are. Funny thing is some of them have finally come out of witness relocation, so guess is your turn to go into hiding with Feds. Don't woirry Feds got ESPN so you can watch the replays of this game over and over until your little backside puckers from watching what happened to your Eagles (an Eagle if you do not know is referred to a scavenger of dead animals..it will not attack live animals out of FEAR) BTW here is what is said of an Eagle's cry....Eagles normally squeak and have a shrill cry, punctuated by grunts. They do not make the "eagle scream" as often shown on television. What many recognize as the call of this species is actually the call of a Red-tailed hawk dubbed into the film.:tease:

What in the flying F does some TLC BS and a crappy Cowgirls team have to o with this game?

Dmac is gunna light up that poor excuse for a defense. Our D line is going to have a field day pulverizing poor wittle David Carr. Hell, you might as well not even start the guy if you want him in the league long term, because that craptastic Oline of yours is going to get him killed.

flylikeaneagle
09-09-2006, 10:59 AM
What in the flying F does some TLC BS and a crappy Cowgirls team have to o with this game?

Dmac is gunna light up that poor excuse for a defense. Our D line is going to have a field day pulverizing poor wittle David Carr. Hell, you might as well not even start the guy if you want him in the league long term, because that craptastic Oline of yours is going to get him killed.

You really think their O-line is going to be bad? I doubt it. They changed up their O-line with Kubiak's thinking. Flanagan is also on the team now and he is a great player. The style of O-line they have now is that they go after the first defensive player that breaks into the zone and that shuts it down. Kube knows what he is doing. We will get some sacks in but Carr will not be a jive bag as much as he was in the previous years.

Blake
09-09-2006, 11:51 AM
Texans 27
Philly 24

Jerome_Brown_99
09-09-2006, 11:56 AM
You really think their O-line is going to be bad? I doubt it. They changed up their O-line with Kubiak's thinking. Flanagan is also on the team now and he is a great player. The style of O-line they have now is that they go after the first defensive player that breaks into the zone and that shuts it down. Kube knows what he is doing. We will get some sacks in but Carr will not be a jive bag as much as he was in the previous years.

Rookie at LT against Howard. Not a single player at the same position as last year. Low talent to begin with.

The OL requires more time then any other unit to develope chemistry. 10 games from now they may be fine, but tomorow Kearse, Howard, Cole, Walker, Patterson, Bunkley, and the rest of the boys are gunna have a field day.

TFL
09-09-2006, 12:13 PM
I was the person that started this thread. I'm watching the game at a friends house with some other buddies of mine, so don't expect me to be on here as soon as it ends. That said, I'll be here sunday night to gloat about how badly we beat you.

As I said already, Donte' already has played in the West Coast Offense. He already knows the terminology - the problems come from guy who've never been in it before. He also plays the very simple X reciever position, which only requires him to run about a half dozen routes.

Put it this way, the day he came here he siad he already knew 60% of the play book, he's been working with McNabb long after practice every day to get the timing down, he has an abreviated playbook to learn for this game according to Reid, and he has already been named the starter for Sunday. He's ready to go. Discount him at your own risk. And BTW, I really don't think that AJ is THAT much better then Donte'. He's bigger and has better hands. Donte is faster, quicker, and is better after the catch. And Brown is way better then Moulds at this point.

Plus I just love how you just assume your pathetic excuse for a #2 CB is just going to "handle" Reggie Brown when the likes of Sean Springs couldn't handle him - and that was with McMahon throwing the rock.

And Westy? Please. There is only 1 guy on your team that can cover him, and his name is Dunta Robinson. Basically, unless you have a cloaning machine, your going to get lit up in the passing game.

Again, please excuse me if AJ doesn't scare me at all. We dominated Randy Moss with Culpepper lobbing him the ball, and TO with a pro-bowl Garcia. Carr to AJ is a walk in the park compared to other guys we have shut down.

You have no chance in this game, the Texans are simply over matched in every facet of the game.

A couple weeks with a QB does not mean he has the time down, and you also have to think along with the QB like if a QB is getting pressured and scrambles out to the left or the right he has to know where the location of the ball will be thrown how hard he will throw it. Our D will be better just cuase the coaching is a heck of alot better our D will apply more force to their QB becuase our Defense coach likes to blitz making it easier when the d gets to the QB. You can not say Brown is better then Moulds everybody in the whole NFL if they had a choice out of Moulds and Brown for one season they would choose the older wiser vet who still has the abilty to make the D worry.

Also I am 1000 % sure you will be here if you win, but if you lose i would be surprised if you came by even once, and if you did you would probably only say we got lucky it would never happen again, but if yall do win I will be here congrating you on your win and I would eat my crow. Overall I would not be hurt if we lose cuase infact you do have a good team(don't know about super bowl team as some people are talking), but you would be hurt cuase you lost to the so called stinking Texans.

South Texan
09-09-2006, 01:01 PM
Texans seem to have a talent for surprising folks on opening day.

Texans 24
Eagles 20

Jerome_Brown_99
09-09-2006, 01:08 PM
A couple weeks with a QB does not mean he has the time down, and you also have to think along with the QB like if a QB is getting pressured and scrambles out to the left or the right he has to know where the location of the ball will be thrown how hard he will throw it.

Considering he types of passes Donte will recieve as th X WR, it really ISN'T a big deal. He's not the guy running slants. He runs fly patterns and deep posts about 70% of the time. That's all about the QB just letting the WR run uner the ball.

Our D will be better just cuase the coaching is a heck of alot better our D will apply more force to their QB becuase our Defense coach likes to blitz making it easier when the d gets to the QB.

Your D is starting HOW MANY ROOKIES? Long term they might be better, but it's still a young, inexperienced unit with gaping holes in the secondary.

You can not say Brown is better then Moulds everybody in the whole NFL if they had a choice out of Moulds and Brown for one season they would choose the older wiser vet who still has the abilty to make the D worry.

Can't say I agree with you. I'll take Brown, who is FAR more athletic and explosive, and PROVED last year he can be the go to WR over the aging, washed up Moulds who can only be a secondary option and has no big play abillity left.

Also I am 1000 % sure you will be here if you win, but if you lose i would be surprised if you came by even once, and if you did you would probably only say we got lucky it would never happen again, but if yall do win I will be here congrating you on your win and I would eat my crow.

I'll be here win or lose. That said, we will not lose, so you can always keep claiming I wouldn't have shown up had we lost.

pawpaw67
09-09-2006, 01:10 PM
get ready Houston fans for another losing season under head coach Mike Sherman. It's so sad that the NFL wasted an expansion on Houston. But go ahead and contribute to those losers by spending a couple hundred dollars apiece on Sunday walking for an hour to the RELIANT FIASCO just to get humiliated again.

Texanfan4ever
09-09-2006, 01:23 PM
get ready Houston fans for another losing season under head coach Mike Sherman. It's so sad that the NFL wasted an expansion on Houston. But go ahead and contribute to those losers by spending a couple hundred dollars apiece on Sunday walking for an hour to the RELIANT FIASCO just to get humiliated again.

Now THAT'S funny! Thanks for the humor on a rainy day. :francis:

Nawzer
09-09-2006, 01:25 PM

The rest of your post got negated by the fact that you think Mike Sherman is our head coach. Doesn't matter anyway, you don't make much sense. I didn't know they were letting mental patients access to football messageboards these days. Oh well..Goodluck and have a nice weekend. :tease:

TFL
09-09-2006, 01:30 PM
All I am saying is we have a chance, but you make it sound like it is already set in stone that you will win, but anything can happen. Yes are D is young, but all i can see is just 2 rookies starting for us Mario and Ryans, and ryans and mario have looked good so far. Plus you might say preseason is just preseason, but when our #1s where on the field with the othern teams #1s we looked pretty good. So don't over look us. I still see us winning 21-17, and this we probably be the last time i argue on this subject becuase this is getting old and fast.

TK_Gamer
09-09-2006, 01:44 PM
texans win 24 - 19 if our D gets pumped early, 27 - 10

Jerome_Brown_99
09-09-2006, 02:12 PM
All I am saying is we have a chance, but you make it sound like it is already set in stone that you will win, but anything can happen. Yes are D is young, but all i can see is just 2 rookies starting for us Mario and Ryans, and ryans and mario have looked good so far. Plus you might say preseason is just preseason, but when our #1s where on the field with the othern teams #1s we looked pretty good. So don't over look us. I still see us winning 21-17, and this we probably be the last time i argue on this subject becuase this is getting old and fast.

You want to talk about preseason?

Our 1st team offense scored on every possetion, except one. Our 1st team defense surrendered a TOTAL of 3 points.

Look, if the stars align, and Zeus shoots lightning bolts out of his arse to smite McNabb, and Jim Brown becomes 25 years old again and signs with the Texans, and Kubiac sells his soul to Satan himself, then the Texans might win.

Get ready to eat your heaping plate of crow around 4:30 tomorow. :wild: :wild:

MorKnolle
09-09-2006, 02:50 PM
Even though this thread has long since crossed the line into being ridiculous, I'll throw out my prediction. The Eagles will probably take an early lead 7-3 after the 1st quarter but won't score another TD, our defense is solid when they get their backs to the wall and the Eagles one dimensional offense won't be able to punch the ball in the endzone on the ground and will have to settle for a few FGs, meanwhile the Texans offense will settle in, put up 120+ rushing yards on the day and Carr will do enough passing the ball to move the chains and put up some points. McNabb will have the better day statistically but our DLine will pressure him into one big mistake that will help turn the tide.

Texans win 17-16, anyone predicting much higher of a score in this game is either drastically overestimating one or both of the offenses or is completely unaware of the defenses that are going to be playing.

pawpaw67
09-09-2006, 09:14 PM
The rest of your post got negated by the fact that you think Mike Sherman is our head coach. Doesn't matter anyway, you don't make much sense. I didn't know they were letting mental patients access to football messageboards these days. Oh well..Goodluck and have a nice weekend. :tease:

put down your crayon and have someone read this to you. Kubes thinks he is ready for the big show as boss. He hires a former boss ( Sherman ) to assist him. Kubes allows Sherman to bring his flabby baggage (Flannagan) with him, and also allows him to pick his final roster. Now if and when Kubes has any success with this team of misfits, all credit will go to Sherman. However if things go amuck, as they are sure to do, then Kubes will get all the credit or notoriety if you will. Can you say no-to-ri-ety ? But y'all goodoboys go drank them beers and burn them briskets and fool yourself into thinking that these TEXANS can win. I would also like to thank coach McNair for all those wonderful, dry chicken strips at the preseason post game receptions. By the way all you football gurus out there answer me this.. could you not see Hodgdon blow the calls in preseason? We have no depth. Do you know what depth is? Well its not the thickness of that stuff down there in your barnyard. The Not For Long is a business, don't tease yourself with "loyalty" just go spend all your hard earned money on Sunday afternoon, you've got all week to cry in your longneck!

Honoring Earl 34
09-09-2006, 09:40 PM
put down your crayon and have someone read this to you. Kubes thinks he is ready for the big show as boss. He hires a former boss ( Sherman ) to assist him. Kubes allows Sherman to bring his flabby baggage (Flannagan) with him, and also allows him to pick his final roster. Now if and when Kubes has any success with this team of misfits, all credit will go to Sherman. However if things go amuck, as they are sure to do, then Kubes will get all the credit or notoriety if you will. Can you say no-to-ri-ety ? But y'all goodoboys go drank them beers and burn them briskets and fool yourself into thinking that these TEXANS can win. I would also like to thank coach McNair for all those wonderful, dry chicken strips at the preseason post game receptions. By the way all you football gurus out there answer me this.. could you not see Hodgdon blow the calls in preseason? We have no depth. Do you know what depth is? Well its not the thickness of that stuff down there in your barnyard. The Not For Long is a business, don't tease yourself with "loyalty" just go spend all your hard earned money on Sunday afternoon, you've got all week to cry in your longneck!

Youze guys are going down . Youze will be crying over cheese steaks and rot gut vino while the Campbells kid shows why youze guys booed when they drafted him and not Ricky Williams . Go watch Rocky reruns ... he put youze guys on the map .

dantem
09-09-2006, 11:31 PM
Texans - 21
Eagles - 20

Erratic Assassin
09-10-2006, 12:02 AM
Youze guys are going down . Youze will be crying over cheese steaks and rot gut vino while the Campbells kid shows why youze guys booed when they drafted him and not Ricky Williams . Go watch Rocky reruns ... he put youze guys on the map .

Badda-Bing Badda-Boom!

Erratic Assassin
09-10-2006, 12:12 AM
Can you say no-to-ri-ety ? But y'all goodoboys go drank them beers and burn them briskets and fool yourself into thinking that these TEXANS can win.

And you goombahs keeping on rockin' your satin jogging suits and your gold chains and spiral-perm mullets. Long live the IROC!

P.S. let me know when you move out of your mother's basement.

TexansBull
09-10-2006, 12:21 AM
And you goombahs keeping on rockin' your satin jogging suits and your gold chains and spiral-perm mullets. Long live the IROC!

:rofl: GB fan torn up about loosing Flanigan and MS

pawpaw67
09-10-2006, 03:08 AM
:rofl: GB fan torn up about loosing Flanigan and MS
GB fan always and GLAD to see fatty and MS GO

pawpaw67
09-10-2006, 03:11 AM

Got no basements here south of Houston

Wolf
09-10-2006, 10:48 AM
Yeah sure you are. They were both so terrible. Winning all of those games together, including the Super Bowl as an Offeensive Coordinator for Mike Sherman, and making Pro Bowls. That must have been a tragedy to have to watch that.

very true and his beloved Brett Favre was petitioning to keep Sherman..

TFL
09-10-2006, 02:51 PM
Well I am here to eat my crow Stallworth was in sync with Mcnabb, and they tore us up along with Westbrook Good Job Eagles and good luck for the rest of the season. Our Pass D needs to get better, but or D will get better with Time. Running Game needs to get alot better, but David Carr did not look bad he actually looked pretty good. Well anyways good job eagles and good luck for the rest of the season.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 02:56 PM
We didn't win by 200 like I thought we would, Heres my crow, heres my fork.

Dawkins
09-10-2006, 03:01 PM
HEYO! Eat up, plenty to go around! :redtowel:

The Pencil Neck
09-10-2006, 03:05 PM
HEYO! Eat up, plenty to go around! :redtowel:

Good game. Where's the link to the Eagles board where I need to go eat some crow?

Mr. White
09-10-2006, 03:07 PM
(Sits at table....asks for a crow leg.)

Dawkins
09-10-2006, 03:08 PM
Good game. Where's the link to the Eagles board where I need to go eat some crow?

Meh, seriously though it was a good game. Texans are looking somewhat like a real team, work in progress, but I'll admit I was a little worried in the beginning. Good luck the rest of the way to you guys.

E-A-G-L-E-S Eagles
09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
No O-line (both running and passing) for the Texans! Eagles dominate! Although we didn't win by as much as I thought...I think I said 35-9...

Where was your "Super Mario"? Where was this Peek fellow you all were speaking of? The only sack on McNabb was the one where he slid! HaHa! Good luck with the Colts next week...seriously.

The Texans do look somewhat improved though and will get better throughout the season. Good luck the rest of the way.

Brandon420tx
09-10-2006, 03:11 PM
How come the Eagle fans who know me on here didn't help me out at least a little when I was on your MB, I never said anything about the Eagles, and yet you (Who I thought were my friends) snuffed me! ... jk :bananasplit: Good game.

Houston_Fanatic
09-10-2006, 03:18 PM
Good game, Eagles - you guys looked good.

I was disappointed in our performance. We came out looking good and just couldn't keep it together. Carr may not have stunk as bad as last year, but he didn't come through in key moments. We have a lot of work to do.

Rodman91
09-10-2006, 03:35 PM
No O-line (both running and passing) for the Texans! Eagles dominate! Although we didn't win by as much as I thought...I think I said 35-9...

Where was your "Super Mario"? Where was this Peek fellow you all were speaking of? The only sack on McNabb was the one where he slid! HaHa! Good luck with the Colts next week...seriously.

The Texans do look somewhat improved though and will get better throughout the season. Good luck the rest of the way.

Man, Williams is GOOD! :yawn:

I mean, he had all of two tackles! LOL

:cowboy1: :cowboy1:

EaglesFanPhila
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Your first score had your confidence high for about 7 minutes. However, my Eagles should have never allowed your team to score period. I want you suckas to feel this loss after all of the junk you talked for the last couple of weeks. My Eagles are serious, mean, and the best team in the NFC and you felt it today baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:superman:

southtexan
09-10-2006, 03:48 PM
Congrats on the win eagle fans. You had that better team today.

GP
09-10-2006, 03:52 PM
TEXANS FANS: Ignore this thread and let it drop to the second page.

Rodman91
09-10-2006, 03:54 PM
Congrats on the win eagle fans. You had that better team today.

TODAY?!?

WE HAVE THE BETTER TEAM TOMORROW AND FOR THE REST OF THE SEASON!

:bananasplit: :bananasplit:

run-david-run
09-10-2006, 03:55 PM
Cmon now, we talked the talk, now its time to walk the walk. We played a good first half and should have been leading at the break, but after that the Eagles were certanly the better team. Good luck to ya the rest of the season, and give Peyton some bruises.

HoustonFan
09-10-2006, 03:55 PM
I said the Texans would win and they didn't. Ah well. It's all good. Kudos to the Eagles on the win.

-Peace

And I'll be lookin' forward to the Cowboys owning y'all this season. Have a good rest of the season.

The Pencil Neck
09-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Your first score had your confidence high for about 7 minutes. However, my Eagles should have never allowed your team to score period. I want you suckas to feel this loss after all of the junk you talked for the last couple of weeks. My Eagles are serious, mean, and the best team in the NFC and you felt it today baby!!!!!!!!!!!!

Rock on, man. Good luck with the rest of the season. Just beat the Cowgirls twice this year, and we'll call it even. :)

EaglesFanPhila
09-10-2006, 03:57 PM
Cmon now, we talked the talk, now its time to walk the walk. We played a good first half and should have been leading at the break, but after that the Eagles were certanly the better team. Good luck to ya the rest of the season, and give Peyton some bruises.
Thanks. My smack talk stop here. Please ignore the thread I made after your post. I apologize.

EaglesFanPhila
09-10-2006, 04:00 PM
I said the Texans would win and they didn't. Ah well. It's all good. Kudos to the Eagles on the win.

-Peace

And I'll be lookin' forward to the Cowboys owning y'all this season. Have a good rest of the season.
Here's your crow with some bacon and potatos on the side!

gtexan02
09-10-2006, 04:16 PM
Sound familiar? Thats because last year it was "The Bills will be great"

EaglesFanPhila
09-10-2006, 04:17 PM

-Peace

T.O. Who? You keep looking! :brickwall

Malloy
09-10-2006, 04:22 PM
Good win Eagles, Your O-line kept us from Mcnabb, and our secondary could not match a flaming hot Mcnabb. Grats on the win, keep winning now! :)

Hardcore Texan
09-10-2006, 04:24 PM

You can start with being a gracious winner and by being a little more humble. And enjoy your victory with some damn class. If that isn't too much of a stretch for you.

EaglesFanPhila
09-10-2006, 04:26 PM
You can start with being a gracious winner and by being a little more humble. And enjoy your victory with some damn class. If that isn't too much of a stretch for you.
Look at my post above.

TexanSam
09-10-2006, 04:34 PM
You guys obviously have a better team than us. However, I don't think you can criticize us for talking smack, even after coming off a 2-14 season. Fans are supposed to be optimistic. The Eagles played a great game. May they go on and lose to the Cowboys. And Giants. But you can beat the Redskins. :)

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Check out post #2 on this thread.

I correctly predicted the score of the game....

Crazy huh?

blockhead83
09-10-2006, 04:35 PM
I predicted the Texans would win, the Eagles were the better team today. Stallworth looked great, McNabb and Westie looked great, and you absolutely beat us up in the trenches. Good game and good luck to the Eagles. Try and beat the cowpies for us please.

kenneth24
09-10-2006, 04:39 PM
Smack makes it fun!:crutch: :grouphug:

TheCD
09-10-2006, 04:46 PM

A Philly fan gracious and humble?

The same fans that cheered when Michael Irvin got his career ending injury in their home stadium as he was carted off the field?

An Eagles fan with class?

Are you from Mars? :woot2

mexican_texan
09-10-2006, 04:49 PM
It was nothing surprising. The Eagles, IMO, are a legit Super Bowl contender and the Texans are learning a complex system under a rookie head coach. Kudos, though I'm sure my Giants will get revenge. :spy:

houstonhurricane
09-10-2006, 04:59 PM
Eagles 24

Texans 13

However, if we see some improvement on both sides of the ball (solid protection and an effective pass rush), I will be thrilled!

Sadly, I was pretty close on the score but extremely disappointed as to our protection and pass rush...

Dawkins
09-10-2006, 05:08 PM
A Philly fan gracious and humble?

The same fans that cheered when Michael Irvin got his career ending injury in their home stadium as he was carted off the field?

An Eagles fan with class?

Are you from Mars? :woot2

Yeah because every one of us did that. Don't make ridiculous blanket statements please.

bigtex77
09-10-2006, 05:08 PM
Congrats and good game. Good luck this season.

TheCD
09-10-2006, 05:09 PM
Yeah because every one of us did that. Don't make ridiculous blanket statements please.

Don't take it seriously buddy...I was just making a joke, didn't mean to offend.

EaglesFanPhila
09-10-2006, 05:17 PM
I was praying that we came back and won the battle. Your team look excellent on your first drive. I thought we would see that the whole game. The Eagles D made the changes to not get burned on the passes.

In saying this. I have no smore smack talk here and enjoyed being here for the week. You have a world class team, and please support your team to make a well deserved playoff run. I absolutely think your team will be there.

Thanks guys!!

swtbound07
09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
good win guys...i was wrong, i admit it....fair is fair

gg no re
09-10-2006, 05:18 PM
No one predicted JP Losman would suck.

We do know that Donovan McNabb does not suck.

axman40
09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
May I have a beer with my crow and give me a slice of Humble Pie! Today our Houston Texans were beaten by a Superior Philadelphia Eagle team. I hope we do not have to wait 4 years to play again!
:logo: :homer: and still Proud of it!

flylikeaneagle
09-10-2006, 07:33 PM
Widening the gap from my last pick:

Eagles win! 27-10

Close but no cigar. They could have if they did not kneel on the ball. Dang it. :shades:

flylikeaneagle
09-10-2006, 07:35 PM
No one predicted JP Losman would suck.

We do know that Donovan McNabb does not suck.

D-mac ticked me off today. He had guys open and then he pitter-pats his feet and then throws a dead ball. Ugh! First week rust... hopefully it shakes off for next week.... gonna beat those Gnats.

TreachX
09-11-2006, 09:50 AM
I'm sure its not much consolation to any Texans fans, but I'm glad the Eagles played them in week one rather than later in the season.

jdog
09-11-2006, 09:58 AM
I'm here to eat my crow.

McNabb is awesome, of course, and Stallworth looks like a great addition. The combination is terrific.

I hope your team really is as good as they looked in Week One.

Congratulations and good luck!

Texan Asylum
09-11-2006, 10:05 AM
Being a realist...I'm with Kaiser and corrosion on this...

Halftime...Hou-10 Phi-7

Final...Hou-17 Phi-14

The only other option I see is a one sided victory either way...
Didn't bank on Stallworth...

Here's to next week and the Colts...

I actually have more confidence in a Texans win at Indy than I did with the Eagles, go figure...

Good game Eagles, you deserved the win.

PhillyFan
09-11-2006, 10:07 AM
I was praying that we came back and won the battle. Your team look excellent on your first drive. I thought we would see that the whole game. The Eagles D made the changes to not get burned on the passes.

In saying this. I have no smore smack talk here and enjoyed being here for the week. You have a world class team, and please support your team to make a well deserved playoff run. I absolutely think your team will be there.

Thanks guys!!

As was I. Carr looked amazing on that first drive. And that pass to Moulds caught everyone offguard. Im not sure if Lewis was supposed to cover him or not.

We looked terrible, and you looked great. Had me scared to death early after our 3 and out :p

texansfanquecaneh
09-12-2006, 12:36 PM
I know it's late, but I'm here for my serving of crow as well. Just finished watching the game since I was out of town for a couple of days. I guess I put my foot in my mouth with the comments I made about the Eagles. You guys still have a powerhouse team. I spoke without thinking, so I'm here to take my medecine.
Best of luck the rest of the way, especially against the Cowboys.

Jerome_Brown_99
09-12-2006, 02:28 PM
Now that my temporary ban has been lifted, I am here as I said I would be.

The better team won on Sunday. It seems that the emotional lift in the first quarter wore out for the Texans and the superior talent and greater chemistry of the Eagles prevailed.

Good luck from here on out Texans. You will only get better as the season progresses.

U4ikrob
09-12-2006, 02:30 PM
Good game and the crows not too bad either - :D

We looked good on the first drive and green the rest of the way. It was a tougher game than I had hoped for and our running game and defense forgot to show up making it a long day on both sides of the ball.

Hope to see you guys around again in the future when our team is clicking together a bit better for a better game.

Vinny
09-12-2006, 02:33 PM
Now that my temporary ban has been lifted, I am here as I said I would be. That's news to me. When were you banned?

*edit - I see now. Welcome back!

Jerome_Brown_99
09-12-2006, 02:37 PM
That's news to me. When were you banned?

The day before the game untill this morning.

I guess my smack talk was a bit too much for one of the mods. :crying:

In any case,your Texans came out firing. Good for them. Get Carr some protection, give your rooks a season to mature, and I expect to see you guys in the bowl 2-3 years from now.

El Tejano
09-12-2006, 02:40 PM
Eagles 24
Texans 10
My word, that was on the money.:shoot:

I don't have know crowe to eat because I didn't make a prediction. I pretty muched stopped that in 03.

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-12-2006, 02:45 PM
The day before the game untill this morning.

I guess my smack talk was a bit too much for one of the mods. :crying:

In any case,your Texans came out firing. Good for them. Get Carr some protection, give your rooks a season to mature, and I expect to see you guys in the bowl 2-3 years from now.

JB99 must admit your guys realy put it to us in the second half. good luck on your season think y'all can take your div. this year again. Wash. seems to have a Off. problem right now and dal. has a QB battle brewing. NY Manning still not his older brother(yet). Again good luck.

TheOgre
09-12-2006, 03:26 PM
Bad weekend for me:

OSU 30, Texas 24

Philly 27, Texans 20

At least I picked the winners for two games. My spreads were a bit off.

Honoring Earl 34
09-12-2006, 04:50 PM
:hunter: Eating crows not bad ... it taste like chicken . I think after week one , my hope is the Eagles are Super Bowl contenders and the Eagles ran with them .