09-07-2006, 03:09 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=2568092

Geez.... a little one sided huh? :tease:

El Tejano
09-07-2006, 03:13 PM
Bleh!!! They also had Bruener starting.

Lucky
09-07-2006, 03:16 PM
Westbrook with 37 touches? Very realistic. He's had over 30 touches (31) once in his career. What's more laughable is the Eagles picking up 200 yards on the ground. 40 points scored by the Eagles? I doubt there will be 40 points scored between the 2 teams.

jerek
09-07-2006, 03:20 PM
The Westbrook ... exaggeration ... was what stuck out to me too.

Simming games is fun but I'm surprised ESPN devotes that much space to it.

Oh, and Madden has always run offbase simulations ... my brother used to simulate seasons on Madden in his franchises, and it would end up with 3 or 4 guys rushing for 2,000+ yards ... per season.

Cjeremy635
09-07-2006, 03:23 PM
The Westbrook ... exaggeration ... was what stuck out to me too.

Simming games is fun but I'm surprised ESPN devotes that much space to it.

Oh, and Madden has always run offbase simulations ... my brother used to simulate seasons on Madden in his franchises, and it would end up with 3 or 4 guys rushing for 2,000+ yards ... per season.

Yeah, I was suprised they put as much effort into it as well and hopefully there was some retard out there who went to a bookie and bet that Philly would put up 40...priceless.

PhillyFan
09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Westbrook with 37 touches? Very realistic. He's had over 30 touches (31) once in his career. What's more laughable is the Eagles picking up 200 yards on the ground. 40 points scored by the Eagles? I doubt there will be 40 points scored between the 2 teams.

Yah, the Eagles will only score 30ish.

I guess that leaves it up to the Texans to see if they can score at all.

Corrosion
09-07-2006, 03:41 PM
I get a laugh every time I see or hear someone compare the NFL with a video game .... or compare a players value on the field to the numerical value he is given in Madden . :yawn:

Double Barrel
09-07-2006, 03:50 PM
I get a laugh every time I see or hear someone compare the NFL with a video game .... or compare a players value on the field to the numerical value he is given in Madden . :yawn:

yep. me, too. Especially 'blockbuster' deals where Reggie Bush is traded for Travis Johnson and a 2nd round pick. Those are nice, too.

eriadoc
09-07-2006, 03:58 PM
Kris Brown missed a 55-yarder in that sim as well. He'd have made that one in the real game. He'd have missed the 35-yarder :crying:

FlyEaglesFly
09-07-2006, 04:12 PM
What's more laughable is the Eagles picking up 200 yards on the ground.
Now I'm not saying that the Eagles will get 200 yards on the ground, but this seems more like the common misconception that the Eagles can't run the ball. Correction, last year the eagles didn't run the ball. They didn't run because they were constantly behind in the latter half of the year. Just poninting this out because I'm tired of rival fans thinking the Eagles have no running game. If you think that, Buckhalter and Westy will surprise you.

HOU-TEX
09-07-2006, 04:27 PM
Now I'm not saying that the Eagles will get 200 yards on the ground, but this seems more like the common misconception that the Eagles can't run the ball. Correction, last year the eagles didn't run the ball. They didn't run because they were constantly behind in the latter half of the year. Just poninting this out because I'm tired of rival fans thinking the Eagles have no running game. If you think that, Buckhalter and Westy will surprise you.

Well through the first 6 games you had one game over 100 yds rushing, three over 50 and the remaining three were under 30.:yawn:

swflyers30
09-08-2006, 10:05 AM
They have it right that the Eagles will win, that's all I care about. ;)

D-Vizzl
09-08-2006, 10:11 AM
First off it said McNabb would have 268 passing yards, to who, Donte Stallworth with his two days of practice, please!

TexanFanInCC
09-08-2006, 10:34 AM
i hate it when they have to predict with video games. if they ran that simulation in 2004 between the chargers and most any other team, the other team would probably win. alot of what ifs were answered by the chargers....and what if andre johnson does recieve for 1000 yds and carr does throw for 3500 yds and 20 tds, and lundy rushes for 1200 yds and mario sacks 8-10....then i think we would be okay

texflex513
09-08-2006, 11:15 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=2568092

Geez.... a little one sided huh? :tease:

BSpn strikes again...:yawn:

Mr. White
09-08-2006, 11:23 AM

Most people around here think the Eagles just don't have much of a passing game at this point. I think that'll probably change once Stallworth gets some reps.

Texizgreat
09-08-2006, 11:42 AM
well they were certainly dead on with the Steelers dolphins game LOL

http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/simulation/nfl?id=2568060

jerek
09-08-2006, 11:47 AM
yep. me, too. Especially 'blockbuster' deals where Reggie Bush is traded for Travis Johnson and a 2nd round pick. Those are nice, too.

Say what? I might have a trade in the works ... Maybe it's just me but I've always found trading to get harder and harder every year on that game. I haven't started a franchise yet on 07 though.

Divebomb
09-08-2006, 12:00 PM
Anyone who compares Madden to real life is either under 16, or they are a 17-30 year old virgin! Sorry but this is the dumbest thing I have ever seen!

TexansCM
09-08-2006, 04:23 PM
Not sure how many of you have ESPN Motion downloaded, but if you watch the Madden Run Trailer on the right, you will see the tackling ability to Buchanon about 1/3 of the way through it. http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/index

Pretty accurate last year.