PDA

View Full Version : Talk trash to Eagles fans...

Mr. White
09-06-2006, 10:55 AM
...here (http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=374667&st=20&p=6964281&#entry6964281)

I registered yesterday and I'm talking trash today. I encourage my friends here to stop by.

powerfuldragon
09-06-2006, 11:04 AM
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=373092

I started that one about a week ago. help me out there.

Mr. White
09-06-2006, 11:07 AM
Awesome thread. Rep on the way. I'm trying to hold it down right now....

infantrycak
09-06-2006, 11:40 AM
If that MB allows pure trash talking cool--this one doesn't. Let's not turn this thread into a flame war.

El Amigo Invisible
09-06-2006, 11:41 AM
Just a quick question. What is a flame war? Where can I participate in one ?

infantrycak
09-06-2006, 11:50 AM

People hurling insults and smack talk rather than substantive football discussion. :fireball:

El Tejano
09-06-2006, 12:00 PM
I am going to treat this game like Dallas and Miami and hold my smack for the end of the game.

FILO_girl
09-06-2006, 12:53 PM

Try the Titans or Jags boards. :ok:

I have held back on my trash talking this season. I ate so much crow last year I am still full and picking feathers out of my teeth.

Have fun and throw a few posts for me. :shades:

powerfuldragon
09-06-2006, 01:33 PM

The Eagles MB.

Eagles78
09-06-2006, 06:46 PM
Well if the Eagles beat the Texans I expect all of you guys back there to take your lumps. I will do the same if the Eagles lose

Green Bird
09-06-2006, 07:38 PM
...here (http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=374667&st=20&p=6964281&#entry6964281)

I registered yesterday and I'm talking trash today. I encourage my friends here to stop by.
Your mom must be proud.

gwallaia
09-06-2006, 07:42 PM
Sometimes I long for the days before the internet and message boards.

Vinny
09-06-2006, 07:49 PM
I think Jerome_Brown_99 may not make it till gameday.

chuckm
09-06-2006, 07:52 PM
I think Jerome_Brown_99 may not make it till gameday.

I thought he was dead ........

Rodman91
09-06-2006, 08:19 PM
Texans Suck!

The Philadelphia Eagles 27
houston 9

Eagles78
09-06-2006, 08:32 PM
I thought he was dead ........
That was wrong and I dont even mean that in a kind of funny way that was horrible

chuckm
09-06-2006, 08:39 PM
That was wrong and I dont even mean that in a kind of funny way that was horrible

If I were you I'd leave and never come back ..... that'd teach me

powerfuldragon
09-06-2006, 08:40 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/teagles.jpg

swtbound07
09-06-2006, 08:42 PM
over there now...you've got an ally pd

RiotCommander
09-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Try the Titans or Jags boards. :ok:

I have held back on my trash talking this season. I ate so much crow last year I am still full and picking feathers out of my teeth.

Have fun and throw a few posts for me. :shades:

I feel the same way. Its very difficult for me to talk trash knowing we are coming off a season that netted us two wins. We are a very different team now, but that doesn't always add up to wins.

powerfuldragon
09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
over there now...you've got an ally pd
fantastic!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/ow.jpg

powerfuldragon
09-06-2006, 08:46 PM
I feel the same way. Its very difficult for me to talk trash knowing we are coming off a season that netted us two wins. We are a very different team now, but that doesn't always add up to wins.
it's for the fun of it.

Wolf
09-06-2006, 08:52 PM
I try to stay out of the trash talking (most of the time). The last time I had to eat crow, I had heartburn

flylikeaneagle
09-06-2006, 10:04 PM
fantastic!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/ow.jpg

Wow... didn't know you Texans fans were so talented. lol Plus, we know that is far fetch because we know Philly fans are much tougher than Houston fans. We use our fists while y'all use you gats or whatever the thugs call them here. LOL!

Wolf
09-06-2006, 10:45 PM
wow, on Philly's MB they actually have a setting under your name and stats and a "Warn" section.

Wow..Just Wow
Thank goodness for the mods and such on this MB

Dawkins
09-06-2006, 11:18 PM
wow, on Philly's MB they actually have a setting under your name and stats and a "Warn" section.

Wow..Just Wow

Our Mods are good. It's more lenient over there inside the Rant 'N Rave section because it's just for trash talk. Other forums on the board are more heavily moderated. If you want substantial football talk, try Around the NFL. Most posters there are knowledgeable.

Rant 'N Rave is just a flame fest.

flylikeaneagle
09-06-2006, 11:20 PM

Wow..Just Wow

Yeah, I have one warning over there because of my Johnny Cash avatar. :rolleyes:

Brandon420tx
09-07-2006, 12:03 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/stories/D_IMAGE.ffe081d56a.93.88.fa.7c.a402c5af.jpg

Just sub in an Eagles jersey

(Thats my avatar for Titans games BTW)

TexanFanInCC
09-07-2006, 02:09 AM
i joined in on the defense of our beloved texans. i used to just stand pat and keep the trash talk in so that it wouldnt ruin our karma, but i was too excited for the season to start that i HAD to make a few posts on their board. :cool:

BigDTexansFan
09-07-2006, 12:13 PM
People hurling insults and smack talk rather than substantive football discussion. :fireball:

you mean like Rodman91....:)

SESupergenius
09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
There was this picture I made that I got from the internet when the Texans beat the Cowboys. It showed some guy with his pants down getting the paddle (it as still in good taste), I just replaced the jersey he had one with a Cowboys one and I think I made the paddle look like a texas logo. I need to find that pic again when we spank the Eagles.

Blake
09-07-2006, 03:25 PM
Its hard to talk football on the eagles board. Most are so used to talking smack to one another that it is hard for them to talk to visiting fans. I found myself in a smack talk debate, when i went over to talk week 1 football.... I wouldnt waste my time.

Doug
09-07-2006, 03:39 PM
Wow... didn't know you Texans fans were so talented. lol Plus, we know that is far fetch because we know Philly fans are much tougher than Houston fans. We use our fists while y'all use you gats or whatever the thugs call them here. LOL!
Are you kidding me? Philadelphia is right across the river from the Soprano's. LOL (Talk about gats and thugs)

allez_aigles
09-07-2006, 03:41 PM
Are you kidding me? Philadelphia is right across the river from the Soprano's. LOL (Talk about gats and thugs)

Don't you mean down the river and at that along the sewege path?

More entertaining that expressed that way...

CloakNNNdagger
09-07-2006, 03:47 PM
I try to stay out of the trash talking (most of the time). The last time I had to eat crow, I had heartburn

Get ready for ........... just imagine what you'll feel like when you "have" to eat Eagle on Sunday.:eek:

[I just noticed my #619 post is Reggie's area code.......excuse me as I cherish the moment]

HOU-TEX
09-07-2006, 03:52 PM
Get ready for ........... just imagine what you'll feel like when you "have" to eat Eagle on Sunday.:eek:

[I just noticed my #619 post is Reggie's area code.......excuse me as I cherish the moment]

LOL, That's some funny stuff.

flylikeaneagle
09-07-2006, 03:54 PM

That is NORTH JERSEY. LOL! Big difference between north and south Jersey.

powerfuldragon
09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
Jersey is Jersey. It sucks.

TexanFanInCC
09-07-2006, 04:10 PM
everything is so different on their board. the namecalling is beyond anything ive ever seen on this board. i think they get too offended whenever we go in saying that we are either going to win or that we wont be blown out. all fans are the same. lions fans would do the same thing we are doing. they act like we are the first ones to ever trash talk to them. if u post on the espn.com message boards, u get used to the profanity and trolling, so it doesnt offend me if its directed towards my favorite teams.

nobody ever respects us, so i guess we dont need to name call because were used to being talked down to. :-/

flylikeaneagle
09-07-2006, 04:17 PM
Jersey is Jersey. It sucks.

I agree it sucks but it is like saying East Texas and West Texas are the same when they are not.

I am from PA... beautiful state. Lucky! Whew!

El Tejano
09-07-2006, 04:18 PM
Either way, your still from Philly!!!

Nuff said.

Doug
09-07-2006, 04:18 PM
It was a bit of a joke. I thought it was funny! I'm very familiar with Jersey since I work there and am in Philly at least once a week. It's part of the reason I laughed out loud when I read your post about people in Philly use their fists. Gats and thugs are every bit as rampant in Philadelphia as in Houston.

allez_aigles
09-07-2006, 04:21 PM
everything is so different on their board. the namecalling is beyond anything ive ever seen on this board. i think they get too offended whenever we go in saying that we are either going to win or that we wont be blown out. all fans are the same. lions fans would do the same thing we are doing. they act like we are the first ones to ever trash talk to them. if u post on the espn.com message boards, u get used to the profanity and trolling, so it doesnt offend me if its directed towards my favorite teams.

nobody ever respects us, so i guess we dont need to name call because were used to being talked down to. :-/

I can understand the notion that most of the Eagles fans posters appear to get offended easily on the board. The reality is with team success the EMB became rather popular. That and many Eagle fans like myself during the season would visit the opposition and then invite them back. For some posters for whatever reason they see that as an invasion. Why?? Beats me... but it happens.

But the eventual behaviour that you can find on the EMB is similiar to what you describe on the ESPN board. The Mods on the EMB are pretty quick to tone things down but they have allowed posters to call each other idiots and scum and whatever else. So most of us have grown a thick skin to it.

What I find myself doing is skipping past those posts and reading the thought out posts. I don't care if the poster is arguing a point that is completely the opposite of mine. So long as it is a discussion - I post to it. To me smack talk isn't cursing or name calling. It is just lively discussion - once a line gets crossed - I move on as do many of the better EMB posters.

Wolf
09-07-2006, 11:24 PM
http://boards.philadelphiaeagles.com/index.php?showtopic=375600&st=0

Mario talk

flylikeaneagle
09-07-2006, 11:53 PM
Either way, your still from Philly!!!

Nuff said.

No, I am from three hours from Philly. If you live in Houston, can I say you are still from San Antonio? No. I was born in Wilmington, DE and grew up in the Poconos in PA. Beautiful country up there in the mountains and lived on 177 acres. I love Philly though. GREAT TOWN!

The view from my backyard (my brother's backyard now):

http://www.fileden.com/files/2006/7/5/109557/SusquehValley.jpg

BigDTexansFan
09-08-2006, 11:49 PM

I would but momma said never make fun of the handicapped:shades:

flylikeaneagle
09-09-2006, 12:16 AM
Totally off topic but,
Speaking of New Jersey- How do you Pennsylvanians feel about your beloved Rolling Rock being bought out by Anheuser-Busch and moved out of Latrobe, PA to Newark, NJ?

Which one do you think has a better water supply? Mountainous Western PA or the Urban Wasteland of Newark, New Jersey!!!!!

Not many people care about Rolling Rock there except for that are in Western PA. YUENGLING is the king there. ALways has been, Always will be. There is no Domestic beer that comes close to it. A true Lager.

Honoring Earl 34
09-09-2006, 12:26 AM
Not many people care about Rolling Rock there except for that are in Western PA. YUENGLING is the king there. ALways has been, Always will be. There is no Domestic beer that comes close to it. A true Lager.
Hey we'll make a wager ... a case of Yuengling for a case of Lonestar .

flylikeaneagle
09-09-2006, 12:28 AM
Hey we'll make a wager ... a case of Yuengling for a case of Lonestar .

No way... cheap beer for a much better premium beer? Hell no although I like Lonestar and I do drink it. Shiner is not bad either. I am a Guiness and Yuengling drinker though. Nothing beats them two beers IMO.

Honoring Earl 34
09-09-2006, 12:31 AM
No way... cheap beer for a much better premium beer? Hell no although I like Lonestar and I do drink it. Shiner is not bad either. I am a Guiness and Yuengling drinker though. Nothing beats them two beers IMO.
You drink Lonestar ... thats to keep regular right ? Well my favorite is free beer .

Do you have taverns with their own brews ?

flylikeaneagle
09-09-2006, 12:49 AM
You drink Lonestar ... thats to keep regular right ? Well my favorite is free beer .

Do you have taverns with their own brews ?

Yeah there are some but nothing spectacular. They are okay.

Lonestar keeps a little more money in the ol wallet. The closest place I can get Yuengling is in Alabama. All the major breweries tried to buy them out so they decided to expand and head south but the closest to Texas --- Bama. Sucks.

Honoring Earl 34
09-09-2006, 12:59 AM
My budget beer is Busch ... 2 for 1.70 .

Dawkins
09-09-2006, 01:51 AM
I can understand the notion that most of the Eagles fans posters appear to get offended easily on the board. The reality is with team success the EMB became rather popular. That and many Eagle fans like myself during the season would visit the opposition and then invite them back. For some posters for whatever reason they see that as an invasion. Why?? Beats me... but it happens.

But the eventual behaviour that you can find on the EMB is similiar to what you describe on the ESPN board. The Mods on the EMB are pretty quick to tone things down but they have allowed posters to call each other idiots and scum and whatever else. So most of us have grown a thick skin to it.

What I find myself doing is skipping past those posts and reading the thought out posts. I don't care if the poster is arguing a point that is completely the opposite of mine. So long as it is a discussion - I post to it. To me smack talk isn't cursing or name calling. It is just lively discussion - once a line gets crossed - I move on as do many of the better EMB posters.

I always attributed it to having to deal with Cowboys, Giants and to a lesser extent Redskins trolls making clone accounts along with their own year 'round over there. People see any Non-Eagle fan talking and go into the red. Most boards around the NFL don't have the constant battle of wills going on like the Eagles board does.

We're constantly fending off the trolls. Boards like this for instance, are pretty calm until it's near gametime when it comes to opposing fans.

beerlover
09-09-2006, 05:17 AM

Although I've never tried it Triumph Brewing of New Hope brews a mean Helles & Dunkel styled lager. Church Brew Works out of Pittsburgh has a killer Mai-Bock, John Harvards Brewhouse in Springfield a fine Altbier & your own Nodding Head Brewing Co in Philly makes a mean Berliner Weisse. These of course are for the more discriminating taste buds like that of a true beerlover :shades: