PDA

View Full Version : This is what it is all about

TexansAllTheWayBaby
09-04-2006, 12:32 PM
Well Houston Texan fans: this week is the week we have been waiting for since the end of last season.

We recieved a brilliant coaching staff, had a solid draft, hired a great and young general manger, had a good training camp ansd showed some positives in pre-season. It has all come down to this.

We are now 7 days away from opening kickoff and our home opener vs the Eagles from Philidelphia. I am pumped, and hope you are to!

We have a great team with us this year, re-energized fans, better attitudes, etc. etc. etc.

All of this offseason talk, about ''ya we did this right'' or ''no, we we should have done this''- it all plays itself out on the field starting this upcoming Sunday. I am ready and looking foward to a great season with our new look Texans!

You can see my ''Preview of the Philidelphia Eagles'' thread Wednesday.

Go Texans!!! Our time is now!!:francis:

yourfavoritetexan42
09-04-2006, 12:34 PM
everything seems fine and great to me, the only concern is david carr, time for him to step up

Houston_Fanatic
09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
Yep - time for Carr to step up and earn his spot just like everyone else.

And the kicking game needs a kick in the pants, too - that can break us!

Other than that - BRING 'EM ON!!! I AM PUMPED AND READY FOR REGULAR SEASON!!!!!

Snapple
09-04-2006, 02:20 PM
To be fair, we'll only know if we had a solid draft once we see these guys play meaningful games and play well. Every team in the NFL probably thinks they got better through the draft. But we're probably better than last year, yes.

Farough
09-04-2006, 02:20 PM
I just got goosebumps knowing that it starts on Sunday!

Texan Asylum
09-04-2006, 03:32 PM
Nice post TexansAllTheWayBaby...

Like you, I'm eagerly awaiting opening kickoff, and the start of the new season.

I'll tell you who's in the "Cat Bird" seat right now...Sage Rosenfels.

Here is a man who's got ZERO mileage on the old chassis and drivetrain, and is just itching to prove he can do it. He's demonstrated poise and leadership that the "driver" in the pocket of this team hasn't. Carr has got to take the bull by the horns from play one, cause Sage has shown that he can...to this Texan fan at least. I am a Carr fan, but we can't let this year get to far into a "wait and see if it all comes together" season. By games three or four, we should know who our QB is. I think that should be enough time to indicate whether the right one is in place...IMO.

TexansLucky13
09-04-2006, 03:38 PM
I'm waiting for this to become a Carr thread.... :hides:

May we step on the toes of our enemies!

Brandon420tx
09-04-2006, 04:38 PM
I agree that our GM is young, but I would substitute "great" with "hasn't screwed up yet"