PDA

View Full Version : Top college running backs?

HOOK'EM
09-04-2006, 09:16 AM
I know Adrian Peterson, but who are some more good running backs to watch this year that will be entering the 07' draft?

rmartin65
09-04-2006, 11:11 AM
Bush was going to be. From Louisville. OSU's back Pittman is pretty good. NIU's Wolfe impressed. Kenny Irons of Auburn looked very good as well. Oh yea, Steve Slaton from WV. Thats all I can list off hand.

YoungTexanFan
09-04-2006, 01:16 PM
Lynch, Slayton, Irons, the guy from LSU coming back from injury.

Trap_Star
09-04-2006, 02:35 PM
Sophmore Jonathan Stewart from Oregon will have big year...:ok:

TexanSam
09-04-2006, 10:01 PM
I say Kenny Irons from Auburn is the 2nd best back in the country.

TexansCanes
09-05-2006, 02:11 AM
once Darren McFadden gets healthly he will be a good one to watch. although he is a sophmore so he can't be in the '07 draft.

RiotCommander
09-05-2006, 02:25 AM
What about Bush? No not that one. Michael Bush, Louisville.

I have to say that running backs may be the second hardest position to scout in college football. Rarely do the skills you see on the college field ever translate to the professional level. Its almost like throwing dice in a dark ally with a drunken stranger. Ok, bad analogy, but its still not something I envy.

real
09-05-2006, 08:47 AM
What about Bush? No not that one. Michael Bush, Louisville.

I have to say that running backs may be the second hardest position to scout in college football. Rarely do the skills you see on the college field ever translate to the professional level. Its almost like throwing dice in a dark ally with a drunken stranger. Ok, bad analogy, but its still not something I envy.

He broke his leg...he's out for the season...

Farough
09-05-2006, 10:43 AM
Sophmore Jonathan Stewart from Oregon will have big year...:ok:

Oh man, did you see him vs. Stanford. he tore them up. What did he end up averaging? IIRC wasn't it something like 7.5 ypc?

Wild.Bill
09-05-2006, 11:11 AM
I think Charles from UT is going to have a good season and emerge as one of the very best backs in the country. He has tremendous speed and field vision. Keep your eye on him.

real
09-05-2006, 11:16 AM
I think Charles from UT is going to have a good season and emerge as one of the very best backs in the country. He has tremendous speed and field vision. Keep your eye on him.

IMO, next year charles will be THE best back in the country....Once Young is gone he will get more carries... he and Melton will be a ridiculous combo...Charles has it all though...He can run between the tackles for tough yards, He can catch like a reciever(better than some), He can make people miss, and he is blazing fast....

tulexan
09-05-2006, 12:53 PM
Slaton and Irons

HeartofHouston
09-05-2006, 01:31 PM
Marshawn Lynch (Cal)
Adrian Peterson (OU)
Michael Bush (Louis)
Pittman (OSU)

tulexan
09-05-2006, 01:34 PM
Marshawn Lynch (Cal)
Adrian Peterson (OU)
Michael Bush (Louis)
Pittman (OSU)

Michael Bush was one of the best, but he is out for the season which means that he is no longer one of the best.

threetoedpete
09-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Yeah but which back will we pick in the sixth round ? Inquiring minds want to know. I think you guys are taking this from the wrong direction. I think you should rechanel your thinking to guys who fit the system and we can pick up on the second day. JMHO. I'll believe the Texans pick a RB in the first round the day Kubes has says adios. Get use to it.

DominickDavisFan76
09-09-2006, 06:15 PM
U guys have mentioned everyone....but i think Michael Hart from Michigan is pretty good...he will probably go under the radar, even if Michigan is 10th overall...haha

nunusguy
09-09-2006, 06:22 PM
Watching Adrian Peterson and the Sooners take charge in their game with
the Washington Huskies. AD is truly a versitle back with a combo of power & speed that lets him run inside and off tackle effectively.
He looks like he'd be awesome in our ZB scheme here in Houston ! As a matter
of fact, this guy does really remind me of former Bronco great Terril Davis now that I consider his style, except he's bigger. Like Davis, he doesn't screw around with jukes or any of that cute stuff, but hits a hole, makes a
cut and slashes straight down the field.

RiotCommander
09-09-2006, 06:52 PM
Watching Adrian Peterson and the Sooners take charge in their game with
the Washington Huskies. AD is truly a versitle back with a combo of power & speed that lets him run inside and off tackle effectively.
He looks like he'd be awesome in our ZB scheme here in Houston ! As a matter
of fact, this guy does really remind me of former Bronco great Terril Davis now that I consider his style, except he's bigger. Like Davis, he doesn't screw around with jukes or any of that cute stuff, but hits a hole, makes a
cut and slashes straight down the field.

As much as we would love to have a back like that here in Houston he is too well known and highly regarded for us to hope to get. Well the Draft projections change all the time, but I would assume he is a top 10 pick right now. And I will stick with my hope of us being a .500 team.

mexican_texan
09-09-2006, 10:20 PM
Adrian Peterson
Kenny Irons
Michael Hart
Marshawn Lynch

(off the top of my head)

V Man
09-09-2006, 10:34 PM
I like the FB from Rutgers. Brian Leonard is his name. I think he would look good in a Texans uni next year. Leading for whoever is our tailback and catching passes in the flat.

StarStruck
09-10-2006, 05:53 AM
I like the FB from Rutgers. Brian Leonard is his name. I think he would look good in a Texans uni next year. Leading for whoever is our tailback and catching passes in the flat.

Probably would look good, but the Texans look to fill a need, so perhaps next year they will draft a kicker.

painekiller
09-13-2006, 03:11 AM
Selvin Young from UT will be a good proback.
Bush was my #1 back not named Peterson before his leg injury. I wonder if he goes into the draft or if he takes a medical redshirt and plays college ball again next year. Keep an eye on his replacement Kolby Smith.

Courtney Lewis will need to show something against the big boys.

BigBull17
09-15-2006, 03:36 PM
Who is the back from Boise State? He ran with power. I know his competition wasnt stellar, but he out ran people and bowled the others over. He could be a good one, who knows.

Snapple
09-15-2006, 06:00 PM
There are so many. Peterson... Slaton... don't forget about Garrett Wolfe.

And Ray Rice is the name of the guy from Rutgers. Brian Leonard is their QB. Rice is a super stud.

I love what Steve Slaton is doing right now though. I think he might be better than Peterson. He is just unstoppable.

TexansCanes
09-15-2006, 07:22 PM
No Ray Rice is the RB and Brian Leonard is the FB, but does get a lot of carries at RB and Mike Teel is the QB.

threetoedpete
09-15-2006, 11:54 PM
I saw a peice of that game. Nice Job. Dosen't he remind you a little bit of Wriggins ?
Speed might be a concern.
http://cfn.scout.com/
Brian Leonard 6-2, 235 Sr. 14 TDs, 11 rushing. 3 Tds receiving. 55 peceptions on 568 yards 10.3
Nice call on Ian Johnson also. Just a shopmore. @ 194 pounds might be a case of superior offensive line going against inferior compitition ?
Rutgers has Pitt. & West Virginia coming up...(10/21) & (12/2)
Keep an eye out in those games for the DT on rutgers walk on Ramel Meekins, might be a nice day two DT.

astrofan
09-16-2006, 03:04 PM
If Leonard was on the team now, he would be our best running back. Unless we draft someone better next year (which is a very short list), he would be our best option then too. Only problem is that Dunta wears '23' for us, maybe '32' or '34'? It always killed me to see VM wearing '34'.

www.brianleonard23.com

Other than a genetic skin condition he was born with, I can't find many faults with his game. Hopefully we will find a cure for him.