PDA

View Full Version : Texans leading rusher at the end of 06'?

HOOK'EM
09-04-2006, 09:02 AM
Who do you guys and gals think the leading rusher at the end of this season?

HOOK'EM
09-04-2006, 09:04 AM
I think Morency will end up as the starter some time this season & will have the most rushing yards.

michael123
09-04-2006, 09:13 AM
lundy will break out as the starter and the top leauge rusher with 1500 yrds, with a run for OROY.

pancho
09-04-2006, 09:20 AM
Carr

TheOgre
09-04-2006, 09:38 AM
Could be one of those situations where both backs end up with 600-900 yards.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
09-04-2006, 10:56 AM
Lundy

1200 yards

rmartin65
09-04-2006, 11:07 AM
Lundy has the best chance, being the starter. I think he will break 1000, maybe get up to 1300

killeentexan
09-04-2006, 11:20 AM
Lundy 1100 yds 6 TDs
Morency 550 yds 2 TDs
Dayne 300 yds 6 TDs

Of course it remains to be seen how Dayne works out as a "short yardage" back, since he hasn't had success in that role in the past. If Kubes truly has plans for Dayne to be the goal line back then I think the numbers above are close. If Dayne doesnt work out then Lundy becomes even more attractive from a stats perspective.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-04-2006, 12:27 PM
First of all, Kubiak will not be one dimensional like the Caper days were we relied just on Domanick Davis, to carry the whole offense, it will be a one two punch dual backs morency and wali, that way other teams do not know who to key on the entire season.....Caper days are over...:francis:

jerek
09-04-2006, 12:31 PM
I would guess that Morency will edge out Lundy, but I am somewhat surprised that the substitution hasn't been made official already. My guess is that Morency will receive the nod sooner rather than later and will capture the Texans rushing title. IMO Morency is just the better package.

yourfavoritetexan42
09-04-2006, 12:32 PM
wali lundy will have the yards and touchdowns
morency will have more yards than dayne
dayne will have more tds then morency

by the end of the season everyone will be throwing up the question, "imagine the one two punch of lundy and davis along with morency and dayne?!"

texans rushing game will be alright everyone :ok:

Houston_Fanatic
09-04-2006, 12:39 PM
Lundy - he fits Kubiak's system better

But he won't dominate - Morency will have a great year, too.

Kubiak likes to keep the other teams off balance by not having one guy to key on, or one dull game plan

Thank God we don't have to endure any more "we have to execute the plan better" statements on Monday morning.....

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a294/sarafina159/aaahhh.gif

especially when we had no plan....

Tulip
09-04-2006, 04:05 PM
I think it's going to be Morency.

hot pickle
09-04-2006, 04:22 PM
this is a tough one, but i think it will be morency

HeartofHouston
09-05-2006, 12:54 PM
Lundy = 1100+
Morency = 600+
Dayne = 300+

Double Barrel
09-05-2006, 01:05 PM
My guess is Morency. Lundy will do good this year, but will wear out towards the end of the season like all rookies do in the NFL. Morency, with a year under his belt and conditioned, will end up with the starts and a few more yards. I think he'll have a 1000-1100 yard season this year.

AggieTexanFan
09-05-2006, 03:33 PM
This will really test the theory that the Denver system is a plug-in-any-player kind of system that yields a 1000+ yard back

If the Texans can do it with a 6th round rookie draft pick, it will surely confirm this considering Denver will probably do the same with an undrafted rookie.

The reason I think Lundy won the job was because he looked like what DD had done the best in the past couple of years and that was being Carr's favorite check down target.

Besides the one pass in the first preseason game that he dropped because he tried to run before he caught the ball, Lundy looked great finding the open spots for Carr to dink and dunk the ball to all day.

I like Morency's speed and burst once he makes his cuts and his blitz pick-ups, which is why I see him playing on a lot of 3rd down passing situations where he chip blocks and runs a delayed flats route.

Like Lundy can hold up though, I see him starting every game barring injury and as long as he can pick up his blocks on passing downs

TexansLucky13
09-05-2006, 03:36 PM
Morency. I have been saying since last year that that kid is amazing. In my opinion we should have as much of a "committee" as possible but have Morency in there for the majority. Ron Dayne will help us in the short yardage, Jameel Cook may as well. As for Lundy, well.... he is an exciting young prospect and I hope he can carry the team as well. I know that one of them will.

:twocents:

Mysteryhunt
09-05-2006, 03:46 PM
dayne :hides:

RiotCommander
09-05-2006, 03:52 PM
Lundy looks like a quick back that could be great in our system. Still I have yet to see him pick-up a blitz. Maybe this is something he can learn on the way.

My pick is Morency because I think he is an every down back.

Cjeremy635
09-05-2006, 04:05 PM
I depends on several variables:
a) amount of playing time received
b) ability of Lundy to pick up blitzes (his ability to pick up the blitz will increase time on field)
c) situational running and scenarios in games (4th qtr. blowouts or 1st half game breakers, etc)

As of right now, I feel Lundy has the greater chance to excel in this system. I think Kubiak really likes the fire that he sees in him and will give him every shot at being the starter. Plus, he ran in a very similar offensive scheme in college IIRC.

real
09-05-2006, 04:08 PM
I think it will be Lundy...He is the projected starter, and Baring injury I don't think he will relinquish his spot...

HOU-TEX
09-05-2006, 04:30 PM
I depends on several variables:
a) amount of playing time received
b) ability of Lundy to pick up blitzes (his ability to pick up the blitz will increase time on field)
c) situational running and scenarios in games (4th qtr. blowouts or 1st half game breakers, etc)

As of right now, I feel Lundy has the greater chance to excel in this system. I think Kubiak really likes the fire that he sees in him and will give him every shot at being the starter. Plus, he ran in a very similar offensive scheme in college IIRC.

Good lord!! I almost shat when I saw your avatar.:yikes: Quite scary! But funny

Chris Taylor MVP
09-05-2006, 07:10 PM
Though, Chris Taylor is on the practice squad right now. He will be starting for the Texans before this season is over. He probably won't get as many touches as the other running backs this year (but who knows, anything could happen, to anyone); he will still prove to be most valuable as a team player and winner! It's still possible and probable that Chris Taylor could be the leading rusher for the Texans this season. Stranger things have happened and nobody can truly say that he won't. Let's just sit back, cheer for the Texans and see what happens! It takes more than a few set backs to make me stop believing! Chris Taylor ALL THE WAY TO THE TOP!!!

bigTEXan8
09-05-2006, 07:18 PM
I believe Morency and Lundy will finish with 700-800 respectively. I think Dayne finishes with, oh snap...500 yards, and leads the rushing core in TDs. JMO

Wolf
09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
Lundy looks like a quick back that could be great in our system. Still I have yet to see him pick-up a blitz. Maybe this is something he can learn on the way.

My pick is Morency because I think he is an every down back.

I agree.. I wasn't impressed with Lundy's blocking.. hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Battle Red Flash
09-06-2006, 10:51 AM

I'm thinking V-Mo

Lundy is a very good 6th round pick, but V-Mo is faster and better blocker. IMO.:twocents:

trailgoat
09-06-2006, 02:48 PM
Morency! Well, at least I hope so. Lundy is exciting, but as someone else mentioned, I think he will get tired. Vernand is an every down back given the chance. Plus I loaded up on his rookie autograph cards, so I would love to see him explode. :)