PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Draft:How do you feel about the deal now?

Wolf
09-03-2006, 10:44 AM
2005 we saw the Texans have DJ right there, but we traded down 3 spots to gain N.O. 3rd round pick and we got Travis Johnson and picked Eric Winston.

To put a spin on it. TJ was taking a beating by coach K and by fans, I did miss the TB game,but the other games it looked like he wanted to play. Winston (from what I read here) has some learning to do, but looks like our future RT.

DJ didn't get many sacks(2) last season,but got tons of tackles(110)and force 2 fumbles and recovered 1 w/10 QB pressures

Think the Texans made up for it?

Trapped
09-03-2006, 11:29 AM
too early to tell. DJ and Ryans would look awesome right now. But TJ and Winston gives us Dline and Oline(trenches) depth.

I guess it depends on if TJ and Winston can be bonafide starters by the start of next season.

TK_Gamer
09-03-2006, 11:35 AM
I think travis johnson is gonna surprise alot of people this year, I knew he had the talent and physical skills, he lacked focus and determination, which he seems to be finding ....winston will at the least will be a reliable swing man in the future . so a productive DT and a valuable 1 to 2 string tackle vs a solid OLB, I think we did fine.

hot pickle
09-03-2006, 11:36 AM
i will always be on the side of DJ, it still hurts me to see him in a uni other than a texans uni, just knowing that we had him, but good ole Charley, gotta love him

Snapple
09-03-2006, 11:40 AM
I put undecided, only because of Eric Winston. I would rather have DJ than TJ, but I like having Eric Winston around, too.

RiotCommander
09-03-2006, 11:49 AM
I put undecided, only because of Eric Winston. I would rather have DJ than TJ, but I like having Eric Winston around, too.

Well I think not having DJ made us get DeMeco Ryans. Do we still take him in the second round if we have DJ? Also Travis has been playing very well so far in the preseason. Only time is going to tell if TJ is a really good pick, but at least Dom didn't get the chance to ruin DJ like a lot of other players.

Snapple
09-03-2006, 11:51 AM
That's true. I have high hopes for DeMeco. I'm glad we picked him up, too. All the more reason why I'm going to withhold judgment for now.