PDA

View Full Version : Texans have worst backup qb in the league?

TheRealJoker
09-02-2006, 11:59 AM
According to this forum they do:

http://mma.tv/TUF/index.cfm?ac=ListMessages&PID=1&TID=882496&FID=67

Notice the spot where I come to the defense of our beloved Texans!!!

Here's some memorable quote:

Worst:
Texans have to have the least amount of depth at QB in the league. Vikings are pretty weak as well. Seattle, Washington, Pittsburgh and Oakland also would be in big trouble if their starters went down.

El Tejano
09-02-2006, 12:01 PM
sshhh!!!! We don't want anyone to know.

cap1
09-02-2006, 12:02 PM

Worst:
Texans have to have the least amount of depth at QB in the league. Vikings are pretty weak as well. Seattle, Washington, Pittsburgh and Oakland also would be in big trouble if their starters went down.

How do you have almost 20,000 post over there? That is an insane amount

pancho
09-02-2006, 12:03 PM
I would agree with least experienced. Worst is a little slanted but we dont have experienced back-ups at QB. Theres always a reason why Sage didn't make it as a Dolphin.

TheRealJoker
09-02-2006, 12:04 PM
How do you have almost 20,000 post over there? That is an insane amount

Defending our beloved Texans that's how!!!

tburdette
09-02-2006, 12:05 PM
I think Sage is better than people believe he is but I would say we are near the bottom in this category.

RiotCommander
09-02-2006, 12:50 PM

Worst:

You could say we do if you compare us to teams that have former starters. Look everyone is just going to rank us last at everything before the season gets started. You have to take all of that with a grain of salt.

Double Barrel
09-02-2006, 01:32 PM
We'll be o.k. with Sage. Kubiak himself wanted him and said he's got starter potential. Who you going to trust? Some internet hack or our head coach?

I thought he's looked great in pre-season. 2nd/3rd stringers aside, he showed poise and pocket presence, made good reads, checked off multiple receivers, and looked to make good decisions on the field.

Backup QB is the least of my worries right now. We've got other glaring concerns that are much more pressing right now.

NapTexansFan
09-02-2006, 04:57 PM
Sorry ....

Cleveland Browns QB situation is worse!

MrMeToo
09-02-2006, 05:26 PM
I think they meant starting qb.

09-02-2006, 11:33 PM
hate to say it, but we have one of the worst QB tandems in the league. the criticism is pretty fair.

tsip
09-03-2006, 12:03 AM
It's not going to be a lot of fun for Kubiak if Carr can not get out of his 'funk' and continues to play the way he has for the past 1 1/2 years. Kubiak has left himself little room to manuver and is pretty much 'betting' the entire season on Carr. If Carr fails as an effective starter, it could get real 'ugly' real quick. So, IMO, our QB situation is on 'pins and needles.' as we have no clue yet how the position will 'unfold.' Starter? Back-up? Who knows?