PDA

View Full Version : Can Someone Explain The Pup List?

TEXANS MVP
09-01-2006, 06:00 PM
Do The Players Take Up A Roster Spot?

infantrycak
09-01-2006, 06:02 PM
While they are on PUP no. The players can attend meetings but cannot practice. Between weeks 6 and 10 I think, they can practice and the team has to make a decision whether to put them on the active roster (and kick someone else off) or IR them or cut them.

LORK 88
09-01-2006, 06:14 PM
I think players who go on PUP are those who dont pass a physical at the beginning of the season. They can be taken off any time during preseason, but after that i beleive, their on it til the earliest week 6.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2006, 06:14 PM
Infantrycak is correct. Once they are designated as such, they are prohibited from practicing with the team. They can, however, rehabilitate and participate in team meetings. If a player begins training camp on the PUP list, they can be moved to the active roster at any time, even after one practice. A player is not allowed to be placed on the PUP list if they start training camp on the active roster. A player who is put on the PUP list before the preseason's first roster cutdown must remain inactive through the sixth week of the regular season. At that point, he has a three-week practice "window" before he must either return to the 53-man roster or end his season on injured reserve.

infantrycak
09-01-2006, 06:17 PM
For a little more clarification--a player on PUP can begin practicing at any time after week 6 and prior to week 10. They can practice for up to 21 days before a decision has to be made.