PDA

View Full Version : DeMecco picked for DROY

HOU-TEX
09-01-2006, 02:10 PM
Smith chose DeMecco for the DROY. Hawk wasn't chosen at all by these guys. What do ya'll think? I know he's been all over the field, but can he actually win it?:redtowel:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/preview06/news/story?id=2568742

Doom Capers
09-01-2006, 02:12 PM
mario got picked by scouts inc!

RiotCommander
09-01-2006, 02:14 PM
MLB is a great spot to be in as a defensive rookie. Your going to be in on a lot of plays. What it comes down to is how we finish. I just don't know if they are going to give the award to him if we have a losing season.

I don't remember the last time I saw a rookie in on as many plays as he is. If he can continue to get better I don't see a reason he shouldn't at least be in the running for it.

texflex513
09-01-2006, 02:16 PM
Smith chose DeMecco for the DROY. Hawk wasn't chosen at all by these guys. What do ya'll think? I know he's been all over the field, but can he actually win it?:redtowel:

I think he can.....137 total tackles 7 passes defensed 3 sacks 4 FRs and 4 interceptions...

K.D.
09-01-2006, 02:25 PM
I think he absolutely could win it, but with this east-coast, west-coast bias attitude by the writers and voters, he's not going to win, maybe come in second, just like they robbed Dunta a few years ago.:hunter:

HOU-TEX
09-01-2006, 02:26 PM
I've been pretty pumped ever since we drafted him in the 2nd round. I watched Bama games quite often and was pretty impressed by him. I just think ROY might be a reach considering he's playing for us. We're not really known to be recognized.:)

texflex513
09-01-2006, 02:31 PM
I've been pretty pumped ever since we drafted him in the 2nd round. I watched Bama games quite often and was pretty impressed by him. I just think ROY might be a reach considering he's playing for us. We're not really known to be recognized.:)

I feel you on that.. i still think D ROB was DROTY...years back but he got shafted.

O.G.
09-01-2006, 03:11 PM
I feel you on that.. i still think D ROB was DROTY...years back but he got shafted.

True point, he beat Vilma that year

TEXANRED
09-01-2006, 03:22 PM

Yes he can win it. We (Texan Fans) got DD rookie of the year.

You have to vote though. When the poll comes up on the NFL web site you can vote 5 times and then it won't let you vote again. You have to go and delete your cookies and then you can vote another 5 times. At least that is how it was during the DD years. I know each week I would dedicate 100 votes for DD a day. I can't remember how long the voting was for during those weeks.

We the Texan fans won him rookie of the week a lot that year.

Hardcore Texan
09-01-2006, 03:28 PM

You have to vote though. When the poll comes up on the NFL web site you can vote 5 times and then it won't let you vote again. You have to go and delete your cookies and then you can vote another 5 times. At least that is how it was during the DD years. I know each week I would dedicate 100 votes for DD a day. I can't remember how long the voting was for during those weeks.

Now that's dedication, folks.

Texans86
09-01-2006, 05:36 PM
I'm pretty sure R.Bush could be as mediocre as he has been all preseason, and these guys would still chose him as OROY. He's getting paid major bucks to be explosive one or two times a game. I want his job.

Double Barrel
09-01-2006, 06:06 PM

That's interesting... :hmmm:

I've been told that the system will let you vote multiple times, but will only count one per IP address. I've never been able to verify this claim, though.

DR for ROY!!! :texflag:

TEXANRED
09-01-2006, 09:52 PM
That's interesting... :hmmm:

I've been told that the system will let you vote multiple times, but will only count one per IP address. I've never been able to verify this claim, though.

DR for ROY!!! :texflag:
Maybe its a different system then what that had back then.

During the DD year it let you vote 5 times then I would have to clear the cookies.

If it only counted one IP address I don't understand why it would let you vote 5 then stop. Then again I don't know anything about the system or how the voting works. Only what I experienced.

I would like to think that my extreme unproductively at work and all the money that my employer paid me to vote for DD wasn't a waste.

Titan "Tack" Fan
09-02-2006, 04:03 AM
I'm pretty sure R.Bush could be as mediocre as he has been all preseason, and these guys would still chose him as OROY. He's getting paid major bucks to be explosive one or two times a game. I want his job.

Lame. Lame. Lame.

Malloy
09-02-2006, 04:50 AM
The tea-leaves in my early morning cup just brought my attention to this horrible fact:

Dunta Robinson --> DR

Demeco Ryans --> DR

sry, he lost already, nothing we can do :(

HJam72
09-02-2006, 08:02 AM

Now that's dedication, folks.

Yes, and it deserves some rep. :redtowel:

El Tejano
09-02-2006, 09:31 AM
Well hopefully some dude from NY isn't in the running or they'll just give it to him.