PDA

View Full Version : Kris Brown Missed another one !

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
09-01-2006, 01:36 AM
What gives with this guy already, missed another field goal tonight? Any thoughts on this please feel free.........:crying:

TexansLucky13
09-01-2006, 01:40 AM
I didn't get to watch the game but I heard that the FG was blocked. Did you watch it? I dunno.

LORK 88
09-01-2006, 01:46 AM
lets just score enough TDs and hold the other team to very little so we dont have to rely on him. If only it was that easy though . . .

RiotCommander
09-01-2006, 01:47 AM
lets just score enough TDs and hold the other team to very little so we dont have to rely on him. If only it was that easy though . . .

Thats how the Bears get it done.

gtexan02
09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
I only see the stats. Did he miss it or was it blocked? How far away was it?

chuckm
09-01-2006, 09:51 AM
I only see the stats. Did he miss it or was it blocked? How far away was it?

Blocked .... medium range kick in the 35 yard range ..... couldn't tell from my seat if it was kicked low or the blocking collapsed ....

gtexan02
09-01-2006, 09:55 AM
Found it: (15:00) K.Brown 34 yard field goal is BLOCKED (C.Bennett), Center-B.Pittman, Holder-C.Stanley, RECOVERED by TB-D.Jolley at TB 29.

Can't really blame him for that one. He did make 3 others, long of 40. Not too bad

real
09-01-2006, 09:57 AM
Kris Brown is going to hurt us this season....But speaking of kickers...Did anyone see Vanderjacht(sp) miss those two chip shots for the cowboys last night in OT....the game ended in a 10-10 tie....He missed both wide right from 30 yards or so....

HOU-TEX
09-01-2006, 09:59 AM
Blocked .... medium range kick in the 35 yard range ..... couldn't tell from my seat if it was kicked low or the blocking collapsed ....

It was kicked really low. They hardly had to jump to block it from what I saw in the replay.:rolleyes:

real
09-01-2006, 10:00 AM
It was kicked really low. They hardly had to jump to block it from what I saw in the replay.:rolleyes:

Kris Brown will be replaced next year...He has gotten progressively worse since he has been here...

gwallaia
09-01-2006, 10:00 AM
For you golfers out there, Kris hit a 3 iron instead of a 7 iron.

HOU-TEX
09-01-2006, 10:04 AM
Kris Brown will be replaced next year...He has gotten progressively worse since he has been here...

From the way it looks, it might have to be sooner than that. What is that, 4 he's missed? At least they haven't been for the win, yet! Like Vanderjagdt! That guy probably has double the pay that Brown does and he shanked 2 in OT. I'm sure ol Bill was happy about that.:cool:

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2006, 10:15 AM
From the way it looks, it might have to be sooner than that. What is that, 4 he's missed? At least they haven't been for the win, yet! Like Vanderjagdt! That guy probably has double the pay that Brown does and he shanked 2 in OT. I'm sure ol Bill was happy about that.:cool:

Not a good comparison since Vanderjagdt has been playing with a pulled groin all preseason. Some in Dallas are not sure now that he will be the viable solution to their kicking game this year. Alternatives are being discussed.

Blake
09-01-2006, 10:20 AM

Spot on. The side view shows that this ball has a low trajectory, and never had a chance of getting over the line. This was pathetic. Hes not kicking a 50 yarder here. Get some leg under it damnit!

real
09-01-2006, 10:20 AM
Not a good comparison since Vanderjagdt has been playing with a pulled groin all preseason. Some in Dallas are not sure now that he will be the viable solution to their kicking game this year. Alternatives are being discussed.

In the press conference after the game a reporter asked Parcells if he was still hurt...and Bill said that he looked ok in practice all week, and he looked good in pre-game warm-ups...

K.D.
09-01-2006, 10:28 AM
Kris Brown is going to cost us a game before it's all said and done. He missed anohter one, but the one's he did make wasn't accurate neither.:brickwall

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2006, 11:02 AM
In the press conference after the game a reporter asked Parcells if he was still hurt...and Bill said that he looked ok in practice all week, and he looked good in pre-game warm-ups...

Groin pulls are not something that you usually get over in a couple of weeks. Not only that, but sometimes they take months of rest to heal. They can return in a heartbeat with the slightest of wrong moves or strain. I would certainly categorize "kicking" as a high risk maneuver. You can restrain a groin pull/tear and not feel the full effects for 48 hours. Practice may go half way decently (playing throught the pain), then game time may be a disaster. After the San Fran game, Parcells had a "talk" with Vanderjadt which neither would comment on. We all know what Parcell's policy on playing with injury is (except for TO of course). This may be one time that Parcell's jugement may not have been sound.

HOU-TEX
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM

From what he and Bill both said last night, had no mention of injuries. Bill said he's been kicking all week with no problems. And Vander? said that he just made mistakes and he's going to go back to work to figure out what he was doing wrong even if it took him 100 tries to figure it out. No mention of injury.:shades:

chuckm
09-01-2006, 11:03 AM

They showed the press conference live on ESPN .... Bill wasn't happy ... although I'm not sure he ever is ....

real
09-01-2006, 11:56 AM
They showed the press conference live on ESPN .... Bill wasn't happy ... although I'm not sure he ever is ....

Yeah...I saw it on NFL network...they asked him what his thought process was behind not playing T.O untill the third series...and Bill said, "because thats what I wanted to do"...classic

FILO_girl
09-01-2006, 12:40 PM

From mine it looked like KB pooted it 4ft off the ground. All I heard was 'WTH was that? WTH was that?' But then again, that was me saying it.

Vanderjagt's kicks were a hoot. Looked like Ground Hog day for him. :chicken:

TexansLucky13
09-01-2006, 12:46 PM
What is happening to Vanderjerk is comical. Less comical is Vinatieri with a sprained or broken ankle..... but it is a bit of irony for the many Pats fans (like myself) who felt betrayed when he signed with the evil horseshoes. I love the guy but I still can't get over it. How can you even.... eh, it doesn't matter anymore.

We should pick up Gramatica. :chicken:

chuckm
09-01-2006, 12:49 PM
What is happening to Vanderjerk is comical. Less comical is Vinatieri with a sprained or broken ankle..... but it is a bit of irony for the many Pats fans (like myself) who felt betrayed when he signed with the evil horseshoes. I love the guy but I still can't get over it. How can you even.... eh, it doesn't matter anymore.

We should pick up Gramatica. :chicken:

The New England rookie kicker hit a 54 yard FG last night ......

TexansLucky13
09-01-2006, 12:52 PM
The New England rookie kicker hit a 54 yard FG last night ......

Gostkowski(sp?), right? He will do good as a fill-in for the future HOF kicker that left this offseason. One reason why the Patriots win is because Brady trusts his placekicker... he knows when and where he need to go to get at least 3 points.

:twocents:

Texas
09-01-2006, 02:02 PM
Cut him...Ive never like K. Brown..Hes not reliable..Lets just give him away for a Gatorade Water Dispenser.

CloakNNNdagger
09-01-2006, 02:38 PM
From what he and Bill both said last night, had no mention of injuries. Bill said he's been kicking all week with no problems. And Vander? said that he just made mistakes and he's going to go back to work to figure out what he was doing wrong even if it took him 100 tries to figure it out. No mention of injury.:shades:

I can't speak against any of what you have reported, because I have no personal knowledge of this situation. I do know that if he is "damaged goods," it certainly would be better for him to blame it on mistakes rathe than on injury. If he is cut because of injury before the 1st regular season game, he loses out on his 2006 salary. If he is allowed a roster spot at the time of 1st game, he keeps it (along with his $2.5 Mil signing bonus). It's hard to figure out, but things like this can sometimes blur the overt facts.

cred
09-01-2006, 03:43 PM
will there be a kicker on the waver wire?

OH! I SURE HOPE SO!

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2006, 10:32 PM
I can't speak against any of what you have reported, because I have no personal knowledge of this situation. I do know that if he is "damaged goods," it certainly would be better for him to blame it on mistakes rathe than on injury. If he is cut because of injury before the 1st regular season game, he loses out on his 2006 salary. If he is allowed a roster spot at the time of 1st game, he keeps it (along with his $2.5 Mil signing bonus). It's hard to figure out, but things like this can sometimes blur the overt facts.

He missed another very short FG.............and limped off the field.........just like he did earlier in the game after a point after kick. You don't go from "most accurate" to dufus without significant injury. Who knows under the circumstances, you may see him on the waiver wire tomorrow.

CloakNNNdagger
09-02-2006, 10:50 PM
He missed another 32 yarder in overtime..........even though the Girls have not played well, instead of a win for the Girls, it's a tie................watch the waiver wire.

Jwwillis
09-02-2006, 11:00 PM
Kris Brown is going to hurt us this season....But speaking of kickers...Did anyone see Vanderjacht(sp) miss those two chip shots for the cowboys last night in OT....the game ended in a 10-10 tie....He missed both wide right from 30 yards or so....

OOOOOOOOO More Gloom and Doom from yet another crystal ball owner.