PDA

View Full Version : What if?

RiotCommander
09-01-2006, 12:26 AM
What if Dom were still here? :stirpot:

I was just thinking how bad we could really be if he was allowed to still tinker with our team. :hides: :hides:

Anyway, I'm very thankful for a great preseason.

:fans:

Texanfan4ever
09-01-2006, 12:54 AM
I was thinking the same thing. Thank GOD for Gary Kubiak and company!!!

Bobo
09-01-2006, 02:09 AM
What if Dom were still here? :stirpot:

I was just thinking how bad we could really be if he was allowed to still tinker with our team. :hides: :hides:

Anyway, I'm very thankful for a great preseason.

:fans:

I wish he WAS still here!!

MightyTExan
09-01-2006, 07:32 AM
What if Kubiak was our coach from the beginning of the franchise? :stirpot:

Malloy
09-01-2006, 08:24 AM

Then he would be the coach no longer. Coaching a starting franchise must be one of the hardest things to do, and one of the least grateful ones..

Marcus
09-01-2006, 09:04 AM
If "ifs" and "buts" were were candy and nuts . . . (I'll let y'all finish this one):)

Marcus
09-01-2006, 09:13 AM
Ok . . you guys wanna play this "what if" game, then let's make it interesting.

Since you think Kubiak walks on water right now . .

It was Kubiak's decision to keep Carr, right? . . . RIGHT??? What if Kubiak can't settle him down, and restore his confidence? If there's any man on this planet who could do it, it's Kubiak.

But what if he can't, and has to bench him.

What would you think of him then?:hmmm:

Buffi2
09-01-2006, 09:34 AM
It was Kubiak's decision to keep Carr, right? . . . RIGHT??? What if Kubiak can't settle him down, and restore his confidence? If there's any man on this planet who could do it, it's Kubiak.

Should we play..."If Kubiak can't..no one can?":spy:

If Kubiak can't - he can't. I wouldn't think any less of him especially if, according to your scenario, he benched Carr.

It could be any player on any given Sunday, you know - everyone is just polarized over Carr right now. Next week, next month, next year it could be AJ or Williams or any other player.

If a coach has the cojones to bench a franchise player/starter if he isn't performing, I say hats off to him. That is his part of his job, after all.

Just because Kubiak thinks/thought that Carr could be "saved" doesn't make him a bad coach for being wrong, if it turns out that Carr can't be restored to serious pro-QB form. Most people make decisions based on past experiences and Kubiak's past experiences in training QBs is excellent.

I trust Kubiak and I do believe he will manage a miracle of sorts where Carr is concerned. If not? Oh, well - I see no reason to hang Kubiak from the nearest goal if he can't pull this off.

Let's see what happens against the Eagles - I think that will be a pivotal game in foreseeing Carr's future. Hopefully we will see at least a flash or two of brilliance.

Marcus
09-01-2006, 10:18 AM
Should we play..."If Kubiak can't..no one can?":spy:

If Kubiak can't - he can't. I wouldn't think any less of him especially if, according to your scenario, he benched Carr.

It could be any player on any given Sunday, you know - everyone is just polarized over Carr right now. Next week, next month, next year it could be AJ or Williams or any other player.

If a coach has the cojones to bench a franchise player/starter if he isn't performing, I say hats off to him. That is his part of his job, after all.

Just because Kubiak thinks/thought that Carr could be "saved" doesn't make him a bad coach for being wrong, if it turns out that Carr can't be restored to serious pro-QB form. Most people make decisions based on past experiences and Kubiak's past experiences in training QBs is excellent.

I trust Kubiak and I do believe he will manage a miracle of sorts where Carr is concerned. If not? Oh, well - I see no reason to hang Kubiak from the nearest goal if he can't pull this off.

Let's see what happens against the Eagles - I think that will be a pivotal game in foreseeing Carr's future. Hopefully we will see at least a flash or two of brilliance.

Good post . . . and I agree with you.

(Two bits says we're in the minority, though.:) )

Texanfan4ever
09-01-2006, 11:06 AM
If Kubiak can't do it, then he can't do it, and all Carr homers will have to live with it.

The beauty here is, I believe in Kubiak's decision, whatever it turns out. He has our team's, and his own, best interest at heart in making us great, and I don't think anything, including David Carr, is going to stop his quest for that.

"In Kubiak we trust" :ok:

HOU-TEX
09-01-2006, 11:09 AM

I'm there with ya'll. I agree as well.:)

09-01-2006, 11:54 AM
I'm starting to think the 2-14 season may have been a blessing in disguise...

edo783
09-01-2006, 12:01 PM

I guess I am a minority.

cuppacoffee
09-01-2006, 12:07 PM

Since you think Kubiak walks on water right now . .

But what if he does restore his confidence and doesn't have to bench him?

That didn't take long. Seventh post on an unrelated subject and it becomes a Carr thread...:brickwall

:coffee:

Double Barrel
09-01-2006, 12:07 PM
If "ifs" and "buts" were were candy and nuts . . . (I'll let y'all finish this one):)

That's funny, Marcus, because I was going to post the exact same thing. :thumbup Merry Christmas!

Malloy
09-01-2006, 12:27 PM

I would FIRE HIM!! :)

I mean, that's the only logical solution, he got the job here because he said he could turn Carr around. Carr goes, Kubiak goes!

hehe, I'm somewhat being provocative here, but this is the way things are done out in the real business world, and last I checked, NFL franchises are run like businesses

powerfuldragon
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM
Then he would be the coach no longer. Coaching a starting franchise must be one of the hardest things to do, and one of the least grateful ones..
harder than pulling a 2 and 14 team out of the bilge?

Malloy
09-01-2006, 12:29 PM
harder than pulling a 2 and 14 team out of the bilge?

Much :)