PDA

View Full Version : David Thomas or Barrick Neely

El Tejano
08-31-2006, 02:04 PM
I wanted to know if anyone knew what the status of former UT Tight End David Thomas and former Texas State QB Barrick Neely was.

I really wanted to draft Thomas and with all the talk about bringing Mcneal down I started wondering.

Are they going to make the teams they drafted or do you think they won't make the next cuts?

rmartin65
08-31-2006, 03:14 PM
I remember Nealy interested me before the draft. If he gets cutt, he might be wirth a look at the third qb spot.

ArkanTexan HogCat
08-31-2006, 03:20 PM
Barrick Nealy was picked up by Minnesota a couple of days after the draft. They put the WR tag on him even before he got to OTAs.

I was trying to follow his progress too. They released him along with a couple of other FAs 2-3 weeks ago.

On the Vikings MB they were upset that he didn't even get a chance to perform. Ha, look at them now. Starting to turn into Punks-R-Us.

Blake
08-31-2006, 03:32 PM
Looks like Thomas is still with New England. I think hes going to be a great pass catching TE.

El Tejano
08-31-2006, 03:46 PM
I know everyone had the Vernon kid as their #1 TE and most made me change my mind but before that Thomas was my #1 and I believe NE got a steal of a deal.