PDA

View Full Version : Clear this up.

bigtex77
08-30-2006, 04:32 PM
I am curious, with some people still debating over whether we should have taken Bush in the draft, please help me out. Would Reggie Bush work in the new system we are running? He is a juker, who can break your ankles and make you look stupid with his agility, but I don't think he makes sense for the system. If Kubes told Morency to stop dancing, make one cut and get downhill, it would have been the same for Reggie and that doeesn't seem like his running style. If this has been discussed previously I missed it, so please direct me to a thread. Thanks.

Brandon420tx
08-30-2006, 04:42 PM
ERROR ERROR

Invalid Thread

ERROR ERROR

real
08-30-2006, 04:47 PM
ERROR ERROR

Invalid Thread

ERROR ERROR

ha...for real...who's still talking about that anyways ? besides ESPN....

bigtex77
08-30-2006, 04:56 PM
If this has been discussed previously I missed it, so please direct me to a thread. Thanks.

I was just looking for a little enlightenment, thinking maybe I missed something, not smart*** comments. Thanks anyway.

thetexanator
08-30-2006, 07:20 PM
yep yep, if he doesnt fit the SYSTEM we dont need em! and if he does, then we have to have to give up extra draft pix to get em.

powerfuldragon
08-30-2006, 07:23 PM
Proactiv will clear it up.

infantrycak
08-30-2006, 08:05 PM
Maybe is the best answer. USC used quite a bit of zone blocking. As with Morency, Bush would have had to take to coaching and understand Kubiak would rather have 10 4 yd runs than 9 zero yd runs and one 40 yd run (actually every coach would). Bush has the ability to excel in a ZBS but the two big questions are willingness to conform to one cut and go and durability. An issue unrelated to ZBS is making him the highest paid RB in the league, but that has been discussed before.

Huge
08-30-2006, 08:12 PM
When Clinton Portis was in this system, he averaged over 1,500 yards @ 5.5 yards a pop.

I won't say Bush would put up similar numbers (they could be better, they could be worse). But Portis is about as close an idea as you'll get.

RiotCommander
08-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Proactiv will clear it up.

Ok giving you some rep for that. :piano:

Scooter
08-30-2006, 10:15 PM
yes, i think he'd be good for the system ... eventually. like infantrycak said, it would take to conforming with the coaching and the system to change his style, but if he could do that, the talent level is deffinately there to be huge. he'd have to learn quick though, because in both the denver & houston run schemes, backside DE's are usually left unblocked (unless an inside cut-block catches them), so he'd learn quick that trying to dance around with dwight freeney or reggie hayward on the field is going to end up being very painful. the coach that would make him great for the texans right away wouldnt be kubiak however, it'd be sherman. sherman runs a lot of screens, and is more apt to use his RB's in the passing game than kubiak, giving reggie a lot more open field to play with.

that being said, he wouldnt be much better than lundy or morency, and i'm unsure that he'd do as well as DD. reggie would be a minor upgrade, if that, over a 6th rounder. we have the scheme & coaching to take almost anybody and turn them into fantasy football gold.

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-30-2006, 10:28 PM
We have 3 solid backs right now without DD........Taylor, Morency, and Lundy I agree Bush does a little to much dancing, but that is his style, and if that works so be it........this one cut and go downhill looks great under Kubiak....:redtowel: