PDA

View Full Version : Mathis out PUP, bring in R. McNeal for KR?

PapaL
08-29-2006, 03:11 PM
Havent read anything about Mathis being put on PUP, but NFL.com is reporting it.

http://nfl.com/transactions

Placed KR Jerome Mathis on the physically unable to perform list.

Comments?

Tailgate
08-29-2006, 03:14 PM
I think this was to be expected.

PapaL
08-29-2006, 03:16 PM
What is wrong with him? I seem to be drawing a blank.

Let the flaming begin....

rmartin65
08-29-2006, 03:18 PM
What is wrong with him? I seem to be drawing a blank.

Let the flaming begin....
Stress fracture in his foot I believe. How long does the PUP keep you out?

PapaL
08-29-2006, 03:30 PM
Stress fracture in his foot I believe. How long does the PUP keep you out?

Week 6 (could be 8) of the season.

Feel free to close this thread. I must be a space cadet today.

Divebomb
08-30-2006, 02:35 PM
We all know that Regie McNeal is really fast and has alot of potential. I think he is going to be cut by Cinn for sure, most Cinn fans on there message board have already agree that he will get the boot. If we can get that guy, he could fill the KR role until Mathis comes back. He would step in day one already providing more speed than almost all of our recievers. Plus there is the QB option on fake punts? Make him a FG holder, fake FG has never looked so promissing with that guy in. The guy brings some impact on special teams and with Kubiak working with him there is no doubt we could make that guy into a player at WR or QB. One thing for sure he would pose way more of a threat on this boot happy offense.

HOU-TEX
08-30-2006, 02:38 PM
We all know that Regie McNeal is really fast and has alot of potential. I think he is going to be cut by Cinn for sure, most Cinn fans on there message board have already agree that he will get the boot. If we can get that guy, he could fill the KR role until Mathis comes back. He would step in day one already providing more speed than almost all of our recievers. Plus there is the QB option on fake punts? Make him a FG holder, fake FG has never looked so promissing with that guy in. The guy brings some impact on special teams and with Kubiak working with him there is no doubt we could make that guy into a player at WR or QB. One thing for sure he would pose way more of a threat on this boot happy offense.

No thanks

Sco-tai
08-30-2006, 02:41 PM
Actually, I kinda like the idea.

I'm not saying he will turn out as good as Randal El, but he's definitely cut from a similar cloth.

It'd be worth a shot, thats for sure.

real
08-30-2006, 02:42 PM
He's not going to be cut...

texflex513
08-30-2006, 02:42 PM
I agree hopefully they let him go and we get him.. alot of my friends here in cincy love his lightning speed but they know the bengals have too many talented recievers for him to make the team.... thats funny i have mcneal as my starting QB for the texans on the game sim NFL Head Coach.

B.Diddy
08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
I kinda like the Reggie Mcneal as a third string QB/rec/special teames plus Kubes likes multi dimensional players

Frills
08-30-2006, 03:31 PM
They can't cut him, other than Palmer he's the only Bengal able to avoid jail this offseason

HOU-TEX
08-30-2006, 03:35 PM
I kinda like the Reggie Mcneal as a third string QB/rec/special teames plus Kubes likes multi dimensional players

At this point in time, I don't think he's muti-dimensional. He's no more than a ST player as of right now. I don't think Kubiak will bring in anyone that couldn't provide decent depth at a particular position.:twocents: :stirpot:

Battle Red Flash
08-30-2006, 03:42 PM
I'd bring in McNeal if he is cut. That guy is FAST.
and like Jimmy J. said; You can't coach speed.
heck, i'd put 15 pounds on him and try him at tailback.

El Tejano
08-30-2006, 04:02 PM
At this point in time, I don't think he's muti-dimensional. He's no more than a ST player as of right now. I don't think Kubiak will bring in anyone that couldn't provide decent depth at a particular position.:twocents: :stirpot:
This is what I've been trying to say but I was getting the :bowser:

rmartin65
08-30-2006, 05:00 PM
I think if he is cut the is worth a look. That speed is freaky. I like the fg holding idea.

Big J
08-30-2006, 05:11 PM
They can't cut him, other than Palmer he's the only Bengal able to avoid jail this offseason

Haha so true.

BigDTexansFan
08-30-2006, 07:09 PM

you mean they got Marvin Lewis too....sorry couldn't resist:shades:

AggieTexanFan
09-01-2006, 02:43 AM
Reggie has a huge EGO

went in the sixth round, instead of the 3rd-4th b/c he would not give up his QB dreams, b/c he honestly thinks he is the best QB ever. Often compared him self to Vick, but better here at A&M. Also said QBs like Manning and Brady were dying breeds and he was the future after being drafting

He fits with Cinny, b/c they are a team of low character guys and he fits in

He is not a team player, and has a possibility of wrecking the locker room with his attitude.

I meet the guy and he is an ass, so no leave him be.

Divebomb
09-02-2006, 04:03 PM
I told you he would not make that team with that WR Core. McNeal is now available; I think the Texans should jump on that opportunity.

real
09-02-2006, 04:05 PM
I told you he would not make that team with that WR Core. McNeal is now available; I think the Texans should jump on that opportunity.

How many wide recievers are we going to carry ? If it comes down to it, anderson or lewis should be cut...

Divebomb
09-02-2006, 04:09 PM
How many wide recievers are we going to carry ? If it comes down to it, anderson or lewis should be cut...

Anderson has played well but he does not posses the skills that McNeal has. I also think that he could play QB in this league and would be a good fit for this roll out offense.

real
09-02-2006, 04:12 PM
Anderson has played well but he does not posses the skills that McNeal has. I also think that he could play QB in this league and would be a good fit for this roll out offense.

I bet the Texans are going to pick him up....It would be too perfect....

BigDTexansFan
09-02-2006, 09:37 PM
it is OFFICIAL, Cincy Bengals released WR Reggie McNeal today