Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-30-2006, 08:10 AM
26 - 16

Come on Philly fan, talk to me.

thunderkyss
08-30-2006, 08:41 AM
26 - 16

what really sucked, was McNabb reinjuring that sports hernia....... poor guy he's going to miss most of the season again.

flylikeaneagle
08-30-2006, 08:46 AM
LMAO! Wow.... one helluva wild dream last night for ya.

TEXANRED
08-30-2006, 08:50 AM
Can you believe Gaffney fumbled out of the end-zone again?

HOU-TEX
08-30-2006, 08:55 AM

He also had a pass that bounced off his head, which was picked off by D-rob and returned it for a TD. Crazy huh?:cool:

jdog
08-30-2006, 09:03 AM
Yeah, and Donte Stallworth was so quick that he got open for several drops.

gwallaia
08-30-2006, 09:07 AM
What was surprising about that game were all the well-mannered and polite Eagle fans in attendance. And people said they were classless.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-30-2006, 09:10 AM
Once the Texans got up by 13 early, the dline pinned its' ears back and really came after McNabb! What a game.

eagle.randall
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
Did I check in on the Kings of Comedy tour?

JDizzle
08-30-2006, 09:17 AM
The big shocker came in the 3rd quarter, on 3rd and long the Eagles ran a dive play that left many fans shocked, only to find out later the play was mis-read because Andy Reid's play card was covered in barbecue sauce and powdered sugar. Someone give that man a handi-wipe.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
08-30-2006, 09:37 AM
I think I saw Donovan McNabb dry heaving in the huddle when the Eagles were down in the 4th quarter.

TEXANRED
08-30-2006, 09:38 AM
The big shocker came in the 3rd quarter, on 3rd and long the Eagles ran a dive play that left many fans shocked, only to find out later the play was mis-read because Andy Reid's play card was covered in barbecue sauce and powdered sugar. Someone give that man a handi-wipe.
I heard different. I heard his play card was soaked in Philly Cheese steak grease and he was reading the other side of the card.

thunderkyss
08-30-2006, 09:42 AM

He also had a pass that bounced off his head, which was picked off by D-rob and returned it for a TD. Crazy huh?:cool:

That's pretty amazing seeing how he didn't make the team.

powerfuldragon
08-30-2006, 09:42 AM
Did you see Vernand Morency juke Brian Dawkins? broke his freakin knees.

TexanBearkat
08-30-2006, 09:45 AM
I don't think the Texans beating the Eagles would be a shock at all. Definitely not like opening the season winning at Miami in 2003.

HOU-TEX
08-30-2006, 10:02 AM
That's pretty amazing seeing how he didn't make the team.

Do you have proof of that? According to thier roster, he's still there.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/

Most of these post were jokes. Relax!:tease:

PhillyFan
08-30-2006, 10:07 AM
hahahahah

Im liking this. Especially the barbeque sauce and powdered sugar references :p

However, Dawkins will not be juked by anyone on the Texans...with perhaps the exception of Reggie Bush.

Oh...wait... :P

Game day is going to be fun for sure. I can hardly wait to get the season under way. And now with Donte, I cant wait to see McNabb heaving 80 yard bombs to a wide open receiver...10 yards past Dunta :D

Ill make sure to visit during the game :)

U4ikrob
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
I think I saw Donovan McNabb dry heaving in the huddle when the Eagles were down in the 4th quarter.

Ewwww he spewed - It was 'Chunky soup' looking too.... :francis:

Hulk75
08-30-2006, 10:11 AM
my guy it will be 28 Texans 17 Eagles Something around that, you guys are OVERrated.

El Tejano
08-30-2006, 10:15 AM
Well actually Mcnabb didn't play in the game, they accidentally gave a jersey to Sir Fredrick Douglas. They saw he had the same hairdo as Mcnabb and thought that was him.

PhillyFan
08-30-2006, 10:18 AM
my guy it will be 28 Texans 17 Eagles Something around that, you guys are OVERrated.

Heh...just about every analyst with the exception of 1 or 2 have us finishing dead last in the NFC east, and say we will be lucky to finish 8-8.

The Vegas over/under on the Eagles is 8.5, on which I wagered a hefty sum when I was out there in May.

And now that we have Donte'? Im wagering on a 10-11 win season.

Next year, I would book 12 again. We have a lot of our starters hemmed up, with the exception of about 3. This is going to be an interesting year for us...shutting all of the critics up, but next year...its going to be amazing, I promise you that :D

powerfuldragon
08-30-2006, 10:19 AM
Well actually Mcnabb didn't play in the game, they accidentally gave a jersey to Sir Fredrick Douglas. They saw he had the same hairdo as Mcnabb and thought that was him.
He got knighted?

thunderkyss
08-30-2006, 10:20 AM
Do you have proof of that? According to thier roster, he's still there.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/team/

Most of these post were jokes. Relax!:tease:

I understand..... I'm relaxed..........

but it looks like Pinkston and gaffney won't be wearing green & white in '06.

PhillyFan
08-30-2006, 10:23 AM
I understand..... I'm relaxed..........

but it looks like Pinkston and gaffney won't be wearing green & white in '06.

Probably not

Gaffney really came up small for us so far :(

I dont know what the issue is...if he was having trouble picking up the WCO, or if it was terminology...or what...he just seemed invisible.

real
08-30-2006, 11:07 AM
Eagles | Pinkston released
Wed, 30 Aug 2006 09:16:04 -0700

The Philadelphia Eagles have released WR Todd Pinkston.
http://www.kffl.com/transactions.php/NFL

TexansLucky13
08-30-2006, 11:17 AM
The Vegas over/under on the Eagles is 8.5, on which I wagered a hefty sum when I was out there in May.

Don't quit your day job.

PhillyFan
08-30-2006, 11:21 AM
Don't quit your day job.

Dont worry...I didnt wager enough to retire on.

Just enough to have a very exciting few weeks :p

But, for an average schmoe like me, it is a hefty sum. If I had more money, I would have bet it in a heartbeat. With McNabb healthy, there is no way the Eagles dont win at least 9.

TEXANS84
08-30-2006, 11:22 AM
Aside from the good game, I was slightly dissapointed in Texans fans after they Boo'ed a special appearance from Santa Claus.

TexansLucky13
08-30-2006, 11:23 AM
Dont worry...I didnt wager enough to retire on.

Just enough to have a very exciting few weeks :p

But, for an average schmoe like me, it is a hefty sum. If I had more money, I would have bet it in a heartbeat. With McNabb healthy, there is no way the Eagles dont win at least 9.

I would like to thank you for contributing to the fine city of Las Vegas. It's people like you who built it, hehe. :stirpot:

gwallaia
08-30-2006, 11:26 AM
Las Vegas was not built by winners. Las Vegas was built by losers.

TexansLucky13
08-30-2006, 11:29 AM

My point exactly. Sorry PhillyFan, you are part of the majority when it comes to Vegas patrons.

PhillyFan
08-30-2006, 11:42 AM
My point exactly. Sorry PhillyFan, you are part of the majority when it comes to Vegas patrons.

I will make sure to send you a pm in January, whilst I spend my winnings :D

NRowl
08-30-2006, 11:58 AM
Our Texans need to watch out for the Eagles new special teams player named Papale. This kid is so good I had to pay to go watch his training camp highlights.

hollywood_texan
08-30-2006, 12:22 PM
Some of you guys are being too generous. The Texans scoring more than 25 points (points by the offense and not by the defense or short field position) on Sept. 10 would be a great accomplishment.

Honestly, I would rather have the Texans score more than 30 and lose than win a 14-10 game. If the offense can start scoring serious points on a regular basis, I think the defense will be hold up it's end of the bargain to not get outscored for the most part of the season.

I think the Texans offense is going struggle against the Eagles considering what I have seen in the preseason, particularly the passing game. If the Texans score more than 25 it will be probably be because of turnovers by the Eagles.

Let's remember one thing, the problem the Texans have had since day one, is scoring points. We haven't seen anything yet that has changed to think otherwise.

run-david-run
08-30-2006, 12:27 PM
Cmon now, the Texans have been know to score 24 point while gaining 40 yards of total offense...anything can happen

real
08-30-2006, 12:28 PM
Honestly, I would rather have the Texans score more than 30 and lose than win a 14-10 game.

get...outta...town...

NRowl
08-30-2006, 12:51 PM
Let's remember one thing, the problem the Texans have had since day one, is scoring points.

Being last or second to last in nearly every defensive category last year was a pretty big problem as well.

TEXANRED
08-30-2006, 01:05 PM
When I go to Vegas I don't view it as losing but contributing to the economy.

That's also how I view my speeding tickets. I don't think of them as fines but ensuring the police department continues to have funds to employ officers that keep us safe.:bananasplit:

RiotCommander
08-30-2006, 01:08 PM
Guys before you go taking jabs at the Eagles lets please remember. They didn't have T.O. before going on all those playoff runs. They have one of the most agressive blitzing packages we may see all year. With the problems we have had the past few seasons protecting Carr I don't think we should get ahead of ourselves. If our RBs arn't stopping the blitz consistantly we will lose.

I just respect their Defense, and McNabb way too much to assume we will win this game. I think our best chance to win this game is to get off to a good start. Which basicly means David cannot play like he did in Denver an expect to win. The best thing we have going for us is its a home game.

If I have to give a score right now: Philly 24 Texans 17

jaayteetx
08-30-2006, 01:16 PM
Well, I'me a little superstitious so I am taking the wife to her third game. The first two were Oakland two years ago and Arizona last year. She's undefeated, so you cling to anything you can these days! Go Texans!

eagle.randall
08-30-2006, 01:27 PM
The best thing we have going for us is its a home game.

There will be enough of us here, it won't be that big of a deal.

RiotCommander
08-30-2006, 01:34 PM
There will be enough of us here, it won't be that big of a deal.

Its a heck of a lot better then being stuck playing the Eagles at thier stadium as our opening game. Pffft that would be a lot to ask.

PhillyFan
08-30-2006, 01:39 PM
Its a heck of a lot better then being stuck playing the Eagles at thier stadium as our opening game. Pffft that would be a lot to ask.

Actually, that would probably be better for you.

In the last several years, the Eagles are not notoriously known for winning their first game of the season at home.

As a matter of fact, we usually get schlacked :p

RiotCommander
08-30-2006, 01:58 PM
Well I guess some people around here cannot handle a little truth. I just got neg rep for my posts. I guess I'm not drinking enough Kool-Aid.

hollywood_texan
08-30-2006, 02:03 PM
Honestly, I would rather have the Texans score more than 30 and lose than win a 14-10 game.

get...outta...town...

My thought is long term. If the offense can score 30 points or more on a regular basis, the defense should be able to handle the rest over the long haul.

Winning games consistently at 14-10 is tough.

hollywood_texan
08-30-2006, 02:08 PM
Being last or second to last in nearly every defensive category last year was a pretty big problem as well.

My point was the offense has not done really anything in the first 4 years.

The defense at times has played well in the first 4 years and the problems with last season should be fixed this year for the most part.

The defense will be much improved this year. We can already see that in preseason.

My concern is with the offense. Particularly, the passing game.

Also, consider the offense last year didn't do the defense any favors because they couldn't hold onto the ball.

infantrycak
08-30-2006, 02:14 PM
In the last several years, the Eagles are not notoriously known for winning their first game of the season at home.

Not known for winning the season opener period--4 of the last 5 years loses.

HOU-TEX
08-30-2006, 02:28 PM
My point was the offense has not done really anything in the first 4 years.

The defense at times has played well in the first 4 years and the problems with last season should be fixed this year for the most part.

The defense will be much improved this year. We can already see that in preseason.

My concern is with the offense. Particularly, the passing game.

Also, consider the offense last year didn't do the defense any favors because they couldn't hold onto the ball.

Mine too! I think the best challenge is going to be early in game 2 against Indy. On the other hand Mcnabb will too.

PhillyFan
08-30-2006, 03:14 PM
Not known for winning the season opener period--4 of the last 5 years loses.

Yep...we have been known to start slow.

However, when you look at our opponents for opening day, there is good reason to also say that our competition was excellent.

But we still stank it up...ever since the opening game against Dallas. And we probably could have pulled out Atlanta last year, if Trotter wasnt ejected for BS.

flylikeaneagle
08-30-2006, 06:17 PM
Yep...we have been known to start slow.

However, when you look at our opponents for opening day, there is good reason to also say that our competition was excellent.

But we still stank it up...ever since the opening game against Dallas. And we probably could have pulled out Atlanta last year, if Trotter wasnt ejected for BS.

Yeah. You have to give kudos to the Falcons for the ousting of Trotter. That was very smart on their part. They went and did their job... and it worked. Smart coaching.

Bobo
08-30-2006, 06:18 PM
26 - 16

This game is a battle between two last-place teams in their divisions. How would ANY result "shock the world?"

The Pencil Neck
08-30-2006, 08:16 PM
Probably not

Gaffney really came up small for us so far :(

I dont know what the issue is...if he was having trouble picking up the WCO, or if it was terminology...or what...he just seemed invisible.

You, too, huh? :)

Dawkins
08-30-2006, 09:11 PM
Well I guess some people around here cannot handle a little truth. I just got neg rep for my posts. I guess I'm not drinking enough Kool-Aid.

That's pretty lame that people would do that simply because you're not being a delusional homer. Some of these Texans fans are amazing in their predictions. Your team will most likely actually look like an NFL franchise, but it seems some of these homers talk like you're Superbowl bound.

It's going to take Kubiak more than one offseason to fix the mess Capers and Co. left behind, that includes teaching fundamentals and how to... execute. ;)

Our D-Line is animalistic this year. They fixed it in a big way, I'm predicting Carr is going to have a very long day. Hard to use your weapons when your Offensive line goes turnstyle on the QB.

TexansLucky13
08-30-2006, 09:16 PM
Your team will most likely actually look like an NFL franchise, but it seems some of these homers talk like you're Superbowl bound.

The Texans have as good a chance at getting to the SB as do the Eagles, sorry to say. :shades:

RiotCommander
08-30-2006, 09:19 PM
That's pretty lame that people would do that simply because you're not being a delusional homer. Some of these Texans fans are amazing in their predictions. Your team will most likely actually look like an NFL franchise, but it seems some of these homers talk like you're Superbowl bound.

It's going to take Kubiak more than one offseason to fix the mess Capers and Co. left behind, that includes teaching fundamentals and how to... execute. ;)

Our D-Line is animalistic this year. They fixed it in a big way, I'm predicting Carr is going to have a very long day. Hard to use your weapons when your Offensive line goes turnstyle on the QB.

How do you think McNabb is dealing with half of the team taking T.O.'s side? I know he isn't going to come out in the media and say "Trotter is a fool, and he should have been on my side!" Still I think something like that had to show him who his real friends are on that team.

Ok I think that fills my allowance for talking about a team other then the Texans for this year. *Grumbles*

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
08-30-2006, 09:58 PM

Dawkins you said the execute word on this MB, and it sounds to much like our old coach in his post games, you are now asked to leave the MB at this time. Sorry man just kidding could not resist.. lol:

Blu
08-30-2006, 10:22 PM
Get with HarryJ..24-21
Texans and then the season comes crashing down for the eaglets..

Mad Rush lead by DeMeco and Co. THe Eagles will feel the Thunder and the PAin!
:redtowel:

Edit: Eagles can see color unlike brokeboys and faiderjunkies.
Over all their good people....not to be hunted down in thread untill after the egg has cracked on their season.

Bamaborn-Texasbred
08-31-2006, 01:06 AM
I start a thread early in the morning not expecting much to come of it. I get home early the next morning and see that not only is it still on the first page, but that over 1200 views have been made. I'm pumped and slightly drunk right now, but I like the way you guys turned my simple prediction into a comedy skit. This board rocks! I'm more appreciative of it all the time.

p.s. can somebody please give a brother some rep?

John Clayton
08-31-2006, 12:11 PM
The Eagles will beat the Teaxans 37-3. It's going to be a long day for David Carr as he is sacked 5 times by the Eagles defense. Eagles touchdowns from Brian Westbrook (1 Receiving, 1 Rushing) LJ Smith (1), and Donte Stallworth. It's going to be a sad day (and year) in Houston.

eagle.randall
08-31-2006, 12:30 PM
The Eagles will beat the Teaxans 37-3. It's going to be a long day for David Carr as he is sacked 5 times by the Eagles defense. Eagles touchdowns from Brian Westbrook (1 Receivig, 1 Rushing) LJ Smith (1), and Donte Stallworth. It's going to be a sad in Houston.

That isnt a dream, it is the future!

Doug
08-31-2006, 12:58 PM
The Eagles will beat the Teaxans 37-3. It's going to be a long day for David Carr as he is sacked 5 times by the Eagles defense. Eagles touchdowns from Brian Westbrook (1 Receiving, 1 Rushing) LJ Smith (1), and Donte Stallworth. It's going to be a sad day (and year) in Houston.
What's going to be sad is when McNabb thinks about how he's going to do his next Michael Jackson impersonation and then gets slammed to the ground by the Texans D. I hope the Eagles are underestimating our team as much as the fans are. I doubt they are but it wouldn't surprise me.

jdog
08-31-2006, 02:10 PM
Actually, that would probably be better for you.

Well, the good news is this year you guys can start the season getting schlacked away from home.

PhillyFan
09-11-2006, 01:52 PM
Heh...just about every analyst with the exception of 1 or 2 have us finishing dead last in the NFC east, and say we will be lucky to finish 8-8.

And now that we have Donte'? Im wagering on a 10-11 win season.

Next year, I would book 12 again. We have a lot of our starters hemmed up, with the exception of about 3. This is going to be an interesting year for us...shutting all of the critics up, but next year...its going to be amazing, I promise you that :D

1 win down, 7.5 to go until I get to spend some $ :)

Tx'nFanLostInSkinCountry
09-11-2006, 01:59 PM
1 win down, 7.5 to go until I get to spend some $ :)

GOOD LUCK to ya. Your team is back and I think they look realy good. Must admit Westbrook and X-anit took us to the woodshead we had no Def. Like I said in another thread Mcnabb looked good in preseason he looked even better on opening day. Answer truthfully did our first drive give you second thoughts?

gwallaia
09-11-2006, 02:04 PM
The only good news to come out of this game was the fact that Brian Westbrook is my fantasy back.

Khari
09-11-2006, 02:06 PM
The only good news to come out of this game was the fact that Brian Westbrook is my fantasy back.

I'm still going to come back and beat you. :wild:

gwallaia
09-11-2006, 02:11 PM
I'm still going to come back and beat you. :wild:

Indeed, our matchup is going right down to the wire.