PDA

View Full Version : Position by position rankings, game over Houston D

Malloy
08-29-2006, 09:51 AM
Not sure if this link has been posted before, if not, here it is.

"31. Houston
The Texans could be much higher if Mario Williams makes an instant impact. Last year's first-round pick, tackle Travis Johnson, didn't do much of anything as a rookie. Veterans Anthony Weaver, Robaire Smith and Seth Payne don't have much left in the tank."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5857526

Houston D-line the second-worst in the NFL. I especially like how they left out Ryans, and the result of our first two pre-season games. :)

infantrycak
08-29-2006, 10:37 AM
Gotta love ignorant writers just trying to put something down to fill space. Weaver just turned 26 years old, he is in the prime of his career. Smith will turn 29 during the season--hardly old for a DLmen. Payne is 31 and hasn't shown any decrease in play since arriving in Houston.

All of these rankings are flawed since they depend on Football Outsiders' stat analysis from last year.

Kaiser Toro
08-29-2006, 10:40 AM
Ignorant writers at FOX? Nah. Well I should give them the benefit of the doubt that they are fair and balanced. Wait a minute FOX broadcasts NFC games. Lets just go back to our original plea of ignorance.

V Man
08-29-2006, 10:43 AM
Everytime I read stuff like this, I think I picked the wrong career. It is hard to believe they get payed for just putting anything on paper, without any research or facts to support it.

Malloy
08-29-2006, 10:53 AM
Everytime I read stuff like this, I think I picked the wrong career. It is hard to believe they get payed for just putting anything on paper, without any research or facts to support it.

I agree. Everytime I read stuff like this I first start laughing, then I start crying when I realize how bad some of this stuff is.

Fair and balanced... yeah... Did you enjoy Out-Foxed too ? ;)

LBC_Justin
08-29-2006, 11:03 AM
Gotta love ignorant writers just trying to put something down to fill space. Weaver just turned 26 years old, he is in the prime of his career. Smith will turn 29 during the season--hardly old for a DLmen. Payne is 31 and hasn't shown any decrease in play since arriving in Houston.

All of these rankings are flawed since they depend on Football Outsiders' stat analysis from last year.
Yeah my first thought was....Isn't Weaver pretty young. Last year he was 25.

I guess in Running back years then Reggie Bush is heading into the twighlight of his career.

Personally, I hope every offensive player in the NFL reads this and they believe it. well, we know the cheifs, rams and broncos won't believe it, but hopefully the rest of them bite it hook, line and sinker. They will be shocked when they get on the field.

I hope our guys read it and is p*sses them off. Just a little more motivation.

Sportsfan
08-29-2006, 11:35 AM
"31. Houston
The Texans could be much higher if Mario Williams makes an instant impact. Last year's first-round pick, tackle Travis Johnson, didn't do much of anything as a rookie. Veterans Anthony Weaver, Robaire Smith and Seth Payne don't have much left in the tank."

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5857526

Houston D-line the second-worst in the NFL.

This is complete and utter garbage.