PDA

View Full Version : Poor DD . . .

LORK 88
08-28-2006, 09:58 PM
Texans | Kubiak concerned about D. Davis; season could be in jeopardy
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:36:56 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is concerned over the status of injured RB Domanick Davis (knee), who could be in jeopardy of missing the entire 2006 season. "There's not much we can do about it, but I'm very concerned about that situation," Kubiak said. "I know it's been very frustrating for him. All we can do is be there for him. I'm more concerned about him right now and doing what's right for him."

hate to say it, but old news for us Texans. All this is, is proof that Kubiak is really worried about Davis and finally cut the "he ran sprints well this week" stuff. Thankfully, we have 2 solid RBs who can hopefully share the load or still get it done in the new system. So here, ill pose a new question: WHO IS THE MORE PRODUCTIVE BACK THIS SEASON?

TexanFan881
08-28-2006, 10:41 PM
I think there should be a both option. I think both Lundy and Morency will be used equally to keep eachother fresh and effective. It's really too bad to see this happening to DD, but atleast in the last two drafts we drafted so we would be prepared if something like this would happen.

Hardcore Texan
08-28-2006, 10:45 PM
I think there should be a both option. I think both Lundy and Morency will be used equally to keep eachother fresh and effective. It's really too bad to see this happening to DD, but atleast in the last two drafts we drafted so we would be prepared if something like this would happen.

Are you commending Casserly? :jk:

I hate to hear this about DD, he means a lot to a lot of us. But we are lucky to have 2 more quality RB's.

LORK 88
08-29-2006, 02:02 AM
I think there should be a both option.
I wouldve, but what are the odds that they end up with the exact same rushing totals?

Insideop
08-29-2006, 02:40 AM
If we go into the season without DD, (and that's looking more and more the case) I think Morency will probably be the more productive RB, but I think Lundy won't be far behind!

Optimistically, it may go something like this:
* Morency, 1200 yds rushing, 250 yds receiving, 6 TDs
* Lundy, 800 yds rushing, 200 yds receiving, 3 TDs
* Taylor, 300 yds rushing, 100 yds receiving, 1 TD
* Smith, 200 yds rushing, 50 yds receiving, 8 to 10 TDs

Of course this is barring any bad injuries and DD not coming back (for whatever reason) for the whole season. It's just a guess of what could happen. What do y'all think?

TEXANRED
08-29-2006, 08:35 AM
Texans | Kubiak concerned about D. Davis; season could be in jeopardy
Mon, 28 Aug 2006 18:36:56 -0700

The Associated Press reports Houston Texans head coach Gary Kubiak is concerned over the status of injured RB Domanick Davis (knee), who could be in jeopardy of missing the entire 2006 season. "There's not much we can do about it, but I'm very concerned about that situation," Kubiak said. "I know it's been very frustrating for him. All we can do is be there for him. I'm more concerned about him right now and doing what's right for him."

hate to say it, but old news for us Texans. All this is, is proof that Kubiak is really worried about Davis and finally cut the "he ran sprints well this week" stuff. Thankfully, we have 2 solid RBs who can hopefully share the load or still get it done in the new system. So here, ill pose a new question: WHO IS THE MORE PRODUCTIVE BACK THIS SEASON?
NFL=Not For Long.

real
08-29-2006, 08:54 AM
I'm gonna go with Morency...In the Denver game when he made that defender fly by him on the sideline and In the Rams game the way he mixed the defender up in the open field...And on top of that he showed that he can be a one cut back....He's got something...and it's nasty...

MYDAUGHTER'STEXANS
08-29-2006, 12:01 PM
If he misses the entire 06 season, and does not play a down, what will be the status of his contract, and are we stuck with Domanick against the salary cap?

CPH-DK
08-29-2006, 12:33 PM
I believe that Lundy get most of the carries and therefor also most yards. He was starter against Denver.

bavanlan
08-29-2006, 01:07 PM
If we go into the season without DD, (and that's looking more and more the case) I think Morency will probably be the more productive RB, but I think Lundy won't be far behind!

Optimistically, it may go something like this:
* Morency, 1200 yds rushing, 250 yds receiving, 6 TDs
* Lundy, 800 yds rushing, 200 yds receiving, 3 TDs
* Taylor, 300 yds rushing, 100 yds receiving, 1 TD
* Smith, 200 yds rushing, 50 yds receiving, 8 to 10 TDs

Of course this is barring any bad injuries and DD not coming back (for whatever reason) for the whole season. It's just a guess of what could happen. What do y'all think?

I think that those stats alone would put you 46 yards away from last year's lead rushing team (and far above it once QB rushing yards are included). Do you really think that's a reasonable prediction?

Blake
08-29-2006, 01:18 PM
I think if Lundy can learn how to block better (he isnt that good at it IMO) he will win the job. The fact that he is not that good, makes me pick Morency. From what I saw, Morency looked good blocking back there. Had some nice linebacker knockdowns.

But Lundy is Kubiaks type of back. So it will be interesting.

jdog
08-29-2006, 01:26 PM
I think Kubiak has pretty much already said that Lundy is the starter.

nunusguy
08-29-2006, 02:25 PM
I think Morency is clearly the superior back of all of our RBs, including a
healthy DD (if that ever happens again ?). My only real concern is the same
as with DD - durability. He reportedly got banked up pretty good playing one half against the Rams, so he might have a problem staying healthy.
But he is even more explosive than what I remember of him last year in the few appearances he made, and he runs with some power. He also looks to be a downright accomplished blocker, a real pleasant surprise for the QBs.

HOU-TEX
08-29-2006, 02:33 PM
I think if Lundy can learn how to block better (he isnt that good at it IMO) he will win the job. The fact that he is not that good, makes me pick Morency. From what I saw, Morency looked good blocking back there. Had some nice linebacker knockdowns.

But Lundy is Kubiaks type of back. So it will be interesting.

Morency did block well against the Rams. He gave up the sack (against Denver) on Sage due to a missed block. IMO,with both of them splitting time at RB, it's looking like the Texans are going to have a nice rushing attack this year. They both will improve as time goes by.:shades:

Bobo
08-29-2006, 07:27 PM
This whole thing looks to me like an unmitigated disaster about to manifest itself. Before Davis came to Houston, Shane Mack was stinking up the field. Then Davis came in and, behind basically the same OL, he became a star. Now Kubiak comes in and cavalierly acts as though it doesn't matter who the RB is because he haughtily believes he has it all figured out since he has found the magic bullet in his OL manipulation. Earth to Kubiak: Skill at RB does matter, as Davis proved, and now you very well might have a situation where the Texans are taken back to the time of Mack. I had no confidence in Kubiak to start with and with the offense sputtering just as bad as ever and Davis perhaps cut, my lack of confidence in Kubiak is being confirmed. SI says 3-13. I might give them a game more, maybe two. But it is very possible that, by the time the Bills come into Reliant (a game they just may win) the Texans could very well be winless and the stands may once again be only 3/4 filled for that contest.