PDA

View Full Version : Eagles make deal for Stallworth

TFL
08-28-2006, 04:39 PM
FOXSports.com has learned that the Eagles today swung a trade with the Saints for former first-round pick Donte Stallworth in exchange for LB Mark Simoneau and a fourth-round pick that can turn to a third rounder if the Eagles can work out an extension with the receiver.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5913516

don't know if it is already posted.

bigtex77
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
I know he's fast, but did he ever grow any hands?

tulexan
08-28-2006, 04:41 PM
That should help us in week one. Stallworth can't catch a cold.

bigtex77
08-28-2006, 04:42 PM

Nevermind, thanks.

Mysteryhunt
08-28-2006, 04:59 PM
man that stinks i thought stallworth would be a decent target for brees fantasy wise, now with the eagles, who knows what he'll do

John Clayton
08-28-2006, 05:08 PM
man that stinks i thought stallworth would be a decent target for brees fantasy wise, now with the eagles, who knows what he'll do

He'll have 1000 + yrds receiving and score 12 TDs (He had 11 last year with a far less capable QB). You should keep him.

TexanFan881
08-28-2006, 05:11 PM
He'll have 1000 + yrds receiving and score 12 TDs (He had 11 last year with a far less capable QB). You should keep him.

But that was with Joe Horn out and him being the #1 WR for about half of the year. Sure Stallworth will be good, but can he even beat out Reggie Brown for the starting spot. The Eagles have put a lot of confidence in him.

After looking at the Eagles boards though, they're really pumped with this move.

John Clayton
08-28-2006, 05:13 PM
But that was with Joe Horn out and him being the #1 WR for about half of the year. Sure Stallworth will be good, but can he even beat out Reggie Brown for the starting spot. The Eagles have put a lot of confidence in him.

After looking at the Eagles boards though, they're really pumped with this move.

There are two or three WR in most Eagles packages. He will definitely get his touches and points.

4.2 Speed!

Honoring Earl 34
08-28-2006, 05:21 PM
I guess Reggie's moving to WR.

TexanFan881
08-28-2006, 05:26 PM

The Saints don't have to worry about replacing Stallworth. That's why they've got Reggie. He can play WR and RB at the same time!

V Man
08-28-2006, 05:27 PM

All you need is Reggie. Look to see Joe Horn traded soon.

Seriously, think it is a good pick up for the Eagles, not so sure what the Saints were thinking.

TEXANS84
08-28-2006, 05:37 PM
Good pickup for the Eagles.

I guess ole' Jabar isn't panning out too well with them.

Texans>Colts
08-28-2006, 05:44 PM
great pick up by the Eagles

flylikeaneagle
08-28-2006, 07:56 PM
I like this trade. Sim was a good player sometimes (was good as a WLB but terrible MLB) and one helluva a person for the team. I knew he is one of Reid's and Johnson's favorites but a WR with the speed like Stallworth. You have to do it. Omar Gaither had a great training camp and we have a lot of faith in him at MLB.

Honoring Earl 34
08-28-2006, 08:00 PM
:poker: My gut is to go with the better franchise as far as who got over . Well lets see ... hmmm ... Eagles or the Saints ... its a toss up .

edo783
08-28-2006, 10:18 PM
Puts some speed out side for the Iggles, just doesn't put much for hands out there.

dat_boy_yec
08-28-2006, 10:25 PM
I haven't seen this posted yet, so I thought I would share some info. yay for me.
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/homeNewsDetail.jsp?id=54229

They now have a decent receiver so a hard game just got harder. Thoughts?

Eagles78
08-28-2006, 10:26 PM
Good pickup for the Eagles.

I guess ole' Jabar isn't panning out too well with them.
Gaff will make the team but I think Todd Pinkstons time is up

Napa Auto Parts
08-28-2006, 10:27 PM
Overrated Under acheiver comes to mind:cool:

Eagles78
08-29-2006, 08:37 AM
Overrated Under acheiver comes to mind:cool:
Why bring Mario Williams into this conversation?

TheOgre
08-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Why bring Mario Williams into this conversation?

Jabar Gaffney?

eagle.randall
08-29-2006, 08:53 AM
Check his numbers for last year. 70 receptions for around 950 yards. He might not be a superstar of the NFL, but he will make it difficult to cover us. 4.2 speed on the outside in Stallworth, Brown, Baskett, Westbrook, and Mcnabb. Come on guys, 12 days left to get yourself prepared.

Honoring Earl 34
08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
:yahoo: Is that John Stallworth ?

thunderkyss
08-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Check his numbers for last year. 70 receptions for around 950 yards. He might not be a superstar of the NFL, but he will make it difficult to cover us. 4.2 speed on the outside in Stallworth, Brown, Baskett, Westbrook, and Mcnabb. Come on guys, 12 days left to get yourself prepared.

I'm a Stallworth fan..... everything Houston thinks we have in Andre..... Stallworth's got it.

he's not only fast, but he has great vision. His YAC is up there with the best of them, so if you play off him, he'll beat you underneath, and break your ankles. If you play him close, he's going to the house.

Dante Stallworth is defiinitely something for us to worry about with McNabb throwing him the ball.

flylikeaneagle
08-29-2006, 11:39 AM
I'm a Stallworth fan..... everything Houston thinks we have in Andre..... Stallworth's got it.

he's not only fast, but he has great vision. His YAC is up there with the best of them, so if you play off him, he'll beat you underneath, and break your ankles. If you play him close, he's going to the house.

Dante Stallworth is defiinitely something for us to worry about with McNabb throwing him the ball.

But what about his pass drops the last couple of years. That is the only thing that worries me with this guy. I know he has a lot to play for now being traded by the Saints and all -- but do you think he will catch NcNabb's bullet passes?

thunderkyss
08-29-2006, 02:00 PM
But what about his pass drops the last couple of years. That is the only thing that worries me with this guy. I know he has a lot to play for now being traded by the Saints and all -- but do you think he will catch NcNabb's bullet passes?

as long as Andy Reid has a better staff than Haslette did, he'll be allright.

4Texans
08-29-2006, 02:18 PM
I hope he works out well, and he does turn into their #1 WR.............. I've got him on my Fantasy team!:whip:

flylikeaneagle
08-29-2006, 02:19 PM
as long as Andy Reid has a better staff than Haslette did, he'll be allright.

I hope your right.

P.S. Beat the hell out of Dallas this year... PLEASE!

flylikeaneagle
09-11-2006, 03:22 PM

You were saying? I know it is only Week 1 but the guy was pretty impressive. The thing about him with the Eagles.... he has the best QB in the NFC throwing to him and the Eagles have many offesive weapons.

jlam
09-11-2006, 04:27 PM
You were saying? I know it is only Week 1 but the guy was pretty impressive. The thing about him with the Eagles.... he has the best QB in the NFC throwing to him and the Eagles have many offesive weapons.

You guys got a potentially break out player in that trade. I think it's going to work out well for both sides. Stallworth wanted out of N.O., and once you guys sign him, we have a 3rd round pick to help build a good team.

I've been watching Donte since he came into the league, and his big play potential is definitely big. The big key is to keep him healthy as he has missed a lot of time with nagging injuries. It's never anything devastating, usually a hammy here, a sprained something or another there, but it seemed to keep him off the field a lot. The other thing is while his big play potential is ever-present, he has yet to exibit the consistency we were looking for. If he can ever learn to catch the ball away from his body consistantly and not let the ball get to his pads, then he is an immediate threat to get upfield (the quick slant, followed by a splitting of the safeties for a TD happened a couple of times I can remember).

Our coaching staff feels, though, that the emergence of 7th round pick Marques Colston along with Devery Henderson (who is a very similar player to Stallworth) made Donte expendable. Bottom line is that we had invested too much time and money based soley on "potential". Throw that in with the fact that he most likely would have walked at the end of the year when his contract expired ala Darren Howard, and I think we made the right decision to at least get something for him while we had some leverage rather than lose him for nothing.

Oh, and let Ryan Moats play please. :)

flylikeaneagle
09-11-2006, 06:46 PM
Good post.

I hope that 'potential' becomes reality and he is consistently great throughout the year. I think he will... especially with this bunch.

Good luck this year. The Green Legion will be at the Eagles-Saints game and we are supppose to have 20,000 there and N.O. is throwing us a parade from the hotel into the stadium. Very cool of them. Looking forward to it.

Tale Gator
09-11-2006, 08:54 PM

Whoops. :shoot:

I can't believe the Eagles got him for a 4th rounder - what a deal. :shocked

928sniper
09-12-2006, 06:36 PM
LOL...helped you lose.

Hey, why didn't Reggie Bush play in the game? The Texans did draft him, right?

Right?

(crickets)

Right?