PDA

View Full Version : Up to this point : 1 Order of Crow

Sco-tai
08-28-2006, 12:20 AM
Being VERY sold on the BUSH pick, I remember the disbelief I felt when I heard the day before the pick that we chose MARIO and not BUSH.

Let me say now that I believe the Texans, CASSERLY, Kubiak and the rest of those involved seemed to have been RIGHT ON!

Understand this statement for those of you who ask "how many sacks did he get?". Mario may never be a "statistical" giant. But he CLEARLY affects the game and makes those around him better. So...KUDOS on the MARIO pick.

RYANS, SPENCER and OWENS seem to be REALLY strong picks, especially considering WHERE they were picked.

Yes...I complained about the draft choices. And I have to say...5 days away from ending pre-season, I think (and hope) that I was wrong.

Now...let's go hunting on TUESDAY for 2 or 3 more impact players that will add depth to our team! :hunter:

Go TEXANS!

Kaiser Toro
08-28-2006, 12:23 AM
I love a public stoning as much as anyone. Welcome comrade we have been expecting you. :mario:

Sco-tai
08-28-2006, 12:29 AM
I love a public stoning as much as anyone. Welcome comrade we have been expecting you. :mario:

HAHHA...I can't say a STONING would be appropriate. But let's just say that it does look like the scheme is strong enough to NOT need a BUSH...and that having a strong defense with Mario could bring us closer to being an ELITE TEAM faster than the difference BUSH would have made over our current DB squad.

Now...let's just keep our fingers crossed that people who second guessed our draft (like me) were wrong.

Go TEXANS.

ps - I recall reading about getting SAGE and I was like "ugh...he lost out to Ferrotte...are you KIDDING?". And I GLADLY tip my hat to the ones who pulled that trigger. He's a very solid QB and could start for any team that runs an offense like ours.:redtowel:

Napa Auto Parts
08-28-2006, 12:43 AM
i really like the williams pick but ide think it would be to much of being a homer for me to say that was the best move. i think it would be better if we judged it 4 years down the road.

BigDTexansFan
08-28-2006, 12:49 AM
i really like the williams pick but ide think it would be to much of being a homer for me to say that was the best move. i think it would be better if we judged it 4 years down the road.

I agree with you and John Madden, he said draft days grades were useless. "Check on the guy 5 years in, unless is injured that will tell you if pick was a bust or not. Saying next day how draft went is ridiculous":bananasplit:

Divebomb
08-28-2006, 12:52 AM
Mario is the best player comming out of that draft. Hands down! I was not sure about the pick at first but I completely understand why he is the man. He literally drove his opposition into the backfield on every play, even during double teams.

AggieTexanFan
08-28-2006, 02:19 AM
What I liked was that 5 drafted (non-RFA) rookies all started in the game for the Texans, and looked good

This shows either a well selected draft class in key areas or that we had a really bad team last year, which deserved their 2-14 record

Anyways I thought that was interesting

Grid
08-28-2006, 02:43 AM
Props to you for your support. Id give you some positive rep but a petty mod took away my rep giving privilages :D