PDA

View Full Version : Mario putting alot of pressure on the QB

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 09:11 PM
Looking really strong here at the end of the 2nd quarter, overpowering Denver and driving those OL deep into the backfield

pittbull
08-27-2006, 09:29 PM
I would agree. He needs to add some extra moves to his style....as a matter of fact, a bunch of moves. But he looked better in the 2nd quarter.

texflex513
08-27-2006, 09:33 PM
how many sack does he have so far?

The same amount of touchdowns reggie bush has...:redtowel:

TEXANS84
08-27-2006, 09:34 PM

Some people don't learn.

MrMeToo
08-27-2006, 09:35 PM

I think sacks are a bit easier to get.

Divebomb
08-27-2006, 09:36 PM
Well if you count that sack that Ryans had because the og/ot were double teaming Mario. The Tackle never even looked to his left he was pinned on stopping mario LOL. Mario made that last tackle before the half, the guy looks great.

Peldon
08-27-2006, 09:37 PM

Yeah that's why you see good defensive players putting up 10-12 sacks but good running backs put up 15-20 TDs...

Divebomb
DUDE WHAT???? YOU ARE OUT OF YOUR MIND.

Grid

I disagree.

texflex513
08-27-2006, 09:39 PM

Are you saying DE is an easier position to play than RB???

TheCD
08-27-2006, 10:01 PM

Running backs commonly score 1 yd. touchdowns by following their fullback into a hole...

You're right; that's a lot harder than a sack.

TexanBacker93
08-27-2006, 11:05 PM

Really? The NFL record for most sacks in a season is 22.5 while the TD record is 27.

Hervoyel
08-27-2006, 11:12 PM

Troll.

goodnews boy
08-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Nice return:highfive:

infantrycak
08-27-2006, 11:27 PM

Great theory from the non-observant Aints fan.

So tell us--how many years out of the last ten has the top DE had more sacks than the top RB has had TD's?

goodnews boy
08-27-2006, 11:28 PM
How often does one player get a hand full of sacks?

Johnny Utah
08-27-2006, 11:30 PM
Is it just me, or is Mario looking much better at DT then DE. He can really collapse the pocket playing on the inside.

TexansSeminole
08-27-2006, 11:35 PM
Is it just me, or is Mario looking much better at DT then DE. He can really collapse the pocket playing on the inside.
Well that is because you have less responsibilities as a DT, rather than a DE. Most of what Mario is doing at this point is from raw skill, once he learns his responsibilities at the DE position he will look alot better.

bigtex77
08-27-2006, 11:40 PM
Well that is because you have less responsibilities as a DT, rather than a DE. Most of what Mario is doing at this point is from raw skill, once he learns his responsibilities at the DE position he will look alot better.

How this translates to MW haters: Mario sucks and they should have drafted Bush. :rolleyes:

TexansSeminole
08-28-2006, 12:18 AM
How this translates to MW haters: Mario sucks and they should have drafted Bush. :rolleyes:
RB is a pretty damn easy position compared to really any defensive position other than DT. All you do is run where defenders are not. Running flare routes and blocking incoming blitzers isn't too hard to find out. Im not sayin its an easy position, but compared to other football positions, it is.

bigtex77
08-28-2006, 02:12 AM
RB is a pretty damn easy position compared to really any defensive position other than DT. All you do is run where defenders are not. Running flare routes and blocking incoming blitzers isn't too hard to find out. Im not sayin its an easy position, but compared to other football positions, it is.

I agree with you, I was poking fun at the MW haters.

AggieTexanFan
08-28-2006, 02:14 AM
Back to the topic:

He seemed to be 4-5 yards deep in the backfield on most pass plays. And he pressured Plummer several times and made him hurry his throws.

This looked very promising. The defense was very aggressive and held a good offense in check. If it wasn't for the special teams error, that gave the offensive a first down in the red zone, the D would have held them w/o a TD.

Hervoyel
08-28-2006, 02:35 PM
It all just makes me think back to that movie "Full Metal Jacket" and the scene where Joker and Rafterman were riding in the helicopter on their way up to Hue and listening to the door gunner talk about how everyone was a "VC". Our version should go something like this....

Anyone wearing a New Orleans Saints avatar and talking about Mario Williams and Reggie Bush is a Troll

Anyone wearing a New Orleans Saints avatar and just talking about Mario Williams is a well disciplined Troll

real
08-28-2006, 03:06 PM

Tell that to Peyton Manning...

real
08-28-2006, 03:10 PM

What do you mean easier ? Do you mean mentally ? or do you mean physically ? either way I'd have to disagree with you.....It just depends on what you are good at...And there is more to being a running back than what you mentioned...

JMAC
08-28-2006, 03:38 PM
to be honest, and am not a mario hater, i think he will do well in the regular season, but he hasnt done **** in those 3 games, hes never been close to a sack and he didnt beat any lineman, so please stop applauding when hes double-teamed, he doesnt draw double-teams he is double-teamed and he is far away from beating it, my prediction though: 6sacks...

texansfaninla
08-28-2006, 04:08 PM
I agree. What has he done in the preseason? No sacks, two or three tackles, that's all folks. The DE for the Giants has made more rookie impact. He looks more like Aundray Bruce than Bruce Smith.

Divebomb
08-28-2006, 05:15 PM
I agree. What has he done in the preseason? No sacks, two or three tackles, that's all folks. The DE for the Giants has made more rookie impact. He looks more like Aundray Bruce than Bruce Smith.

Hey, and the guy you are speaking of has a name Kiwanuka, that name stands for "I PLAY AGAINST 2ND AND 3RD STRING DEFENSES AND HAVE YET TO PLAY ANY FIRST TEAM OFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!!!" Note to you Mario Haters: Mario is our guy, he is not going anywhere! Bush is in Denver, Young is in Tenn. Let it go, damn!!!!!

HOU-TEX
08-28-2006, 05:18 PM
Hey, and the guy you are speaking of has a name Kiwanuka, that name stands for "I PLAY AGAINST 2ND AND 3RD STRING DEFENSES AND HAVE YET TO PLAY ANY FIRST TEAM OFENSIVE LINEMEN!!!!!" Note to you Mario Haters: Mario is our guy, he is not going anywhere! Bush is in Denver, Young is in Tenn. Let it go, damn!!!!!

FYI,You might want to revise what you type before you post.

Divebomb
08-28-2006, 05:28 PM
FYI,You might want to revise what you type before you post.

LOL Bush wishes he was in Denver :ok: "I play on 2nd and 3rd team .......

real
08-28-2006, 05:30 PM
LOL Bush wishes he was in Denver :ok:

I bet he wishes Offensive lineman were trying to tackle him as well

Divebomb
08-28-2006, 05:32 PM
I bet he wishes Offensive lineman were trying to tackle him as well

When he plays the Cowgirls that dream will become reality!

nunusguy
08-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Why do people repeatedly frame this discussion as an either or for Mario and Bush ? I really wonder why a team would use the #1 on any single player, other than a QB ?
As long as their is a deal to make, any kind of deal that would give a team
multiple first day picks, I say make it instead of using that pick on a single
player and sinking all of that cap in one guy.
There's so many busts, or atleast substantial disappointmenst in the NFL,
I say spread your risk around, leverage your precious cap resources, and eliminate the risk of a single player being a big, expensive mistake.

run-david-run
08-28-2006, 06:38 PM
TD leader: Alexander 29
Sack leader: Burgess 16

Good call

run-david-run
08-28-2006, 06:43 PM
Why do people repeatedly frame this discussion as an either or for Mario and Bush ? I really wonder why a team would use the #1 on any single player, other than a QB ?
As long as their is a deal to make, any kind of deal that would give a team
multiple first day picks, I say make it instead of using that pick on a single
player and sinking all of that cap in one guy.
There's so many busts, or atleast substantial disappointmenst in the NFL,
I say spread your risk around, leverage your precious cap resources, and eliminate the risk of a single player being a big, expensive mistake.
That was definately my first choice...but if you dont want the 1st pick, why would anyone else? You have to have a buyer to sell something :crying:

TexansSeminole
08-28-2006, 09:07 PM
What do you mean easier ? Do you mean mentally ? or do you mean physically ? either way I'd have to disagree with you.....It just depends on what you are good at...And there is more to being a running back than what you mentioned...

Mentally. As in figuring out what to do on each play.